What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Mock NBA Draft - And that's a wrap! Thanks everyone! (1 Viewer)

Why don't the Griz or Pacers pay the $175K (super bargain price) and pick him?
feels like griz and pacers are very cheap and would never do this, though i suppose if it were really that low (not sure if that is even realistic) it could happen.

it probably would have made some sense for the pacers (not interested in graham anyway because he is too small for my liking) to take a shot on someone to maybe help fill out the roster next year.

the grizzlies have so many young bodies that they are trying to figure out that, money aside and after I already decided it was better value to try to take 2 shots at 40 and 45 vs what was available at 32, that having yet another project to figure out didn't necessarily seem worth it.

Long Ball Larry said:
feels like griz and pacers are very cheap and would never do this, though i suppose if it were really that low (not sure if that is even realistic) it could happen.

it probably would have made some sense for the pacers (not interested in graham anyway because he is too small for my liking) to take a shot on someone to maybe help fill out the roster next year.

the grizzlies have so many young bodies that they are trying to figure out that, money aside and after I already decided it was better value to try to take 2 shots at 40 and 45 vs what was available at 32, that having yet another project to figure out didn't necessarily seem worth it.
Yeah, Bulls got $3.5 million selling 38 last year in the infamous Jordan Bell fiasco.  Capella and Orlando could have gotten $2 million easy.

I would have bought the pick for the Bulls but due to trading for Deng and an extra pick, they have too many roster spots already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pistons select Landry Shamet, PG/SG, Wichita State

If the Pistons are going to make Drummond/Griffin work, they need shooting, and this guy shot 44% from 3 in college. He's also got the versatility to play either guard spot and a high basketball IQ. Not really a huge upside pick but I think he fits the team's needs extremely well and will develop into a solid bench guy.

Pistons select Landry Shamet, PG/SG, Wichita State

If the Pistons are going to make Drummond/Griffin work, they need shooting, and this guy shot 44% from 3 in college. He's also got the versatility to play either guard spot and a high basketball IQ. Not really a huge upside pick but I think he fits the team's needs extremely well and will develop into a solid bench guy.
Was looking at Anfernee Simons and Shamet at the Knicks pick.. 

@Long Ball Larry is up because of the trade.  I don't make things clear in post 2.  Sorry about confusion.

Houston is up afterwards.  If anyone wants to make this pick, let me know.  Otherwise, I'll make it.

2.15 - Rawle Alkins - AZ - SG

Kind of a similar player to Brown, but I think that best value for the Grizz in this second round with what they need are bigger, playmaking guards.  Both have long wingspans and can create shots, while also maintaining defensive versatility.  We are doubling down with the idea that only 1 might stick.

For Houston, I will pick Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk from Kansas.  He should be able to stand in the corner and shoot 3s.

Also here in OKC headquarters, we are willing to sell one of our two 2nd round picks to the highest bidder.  Minimum $1,000,000.  We have some concerns that Melo will opt-in and we will have some trouble making payroll.

Also here in OKC headquarters, we are willing to sell one of our two 2nd round picks to the highest bidder.  Minimum $1,000,000.  We have some concerns that Melo will opt-in and we will have some trouble making payroll.
The Kings will buy that pick. Should have a roster spot left to play with. 

perfect young stash across the ocean:

48th pick, Sixers take Isaac Bonga, SF, Germany.  basically a long athletic good who is very good defender. he is 18, so has some room to grow

ETA: @scoobus up next, @Long Ball Larry up soon

FYI I will be away from computer for a few hours tonight but back in the office tomorrow at 8am Pacific to make the much-anticipated Dallas pick!

Spurs select...

Arnoldas Kulboka, SF/PF Lithuania

Seems like foreign player time for the Spurs. Good shooter, needs to get (way) stronger, can develop overseas.

52 - Jazz - Devonte Graham. NBA ready Pg depth in case Exum leaves. 

53 - Kings via OKC - Kenrich Williams - Plays hard on defense and can spot up from 3. Competes with Justin Jackson (who was supposed to do the same thing) for wing rotation minutes on a team that still badly needs depth there, even after drafting Doncic. 

I probably would have picked Kenrich if he weren’t like a hundred years old (Hall is pretty old too)

auto correct really does not like the name kenrich.

stealing from si, Sixers take at #56:  grr i wanted the young cat Sanon. 

ok, pick is: Khyri Thomas, SG, Creighton. pesky defender who can shoot 3s. we can give the kid a shot

Sanon is available.
ok, sounds good:

76ERS: ISSUF SANON, G, UNION OLIMPIJA

Height: 6’3” | Weight: 170 | Age: 18
 | Last: 34
Stats (Slovenian SKL): 6.0 PPG, 1.2 APG, 45.8% FG

The youngest player eligible for this year’s draft, Sanon was believed to be looking for a safe floor in the 30s in order to keep his name in, so it’s a fair bet he lands somewhere in this range. An athletic, competitive guard with physical potential on both ends of the floor, he’s a worthy stash option for a team like the Sixers that has no immediate use for all their players.

Users who are viewing this thread