What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Mock Draft -- That's a wrap. Thanks everyone! (4 Viewers)

1.03 New York Knicks select SG/SF RJ Barrett, Duke

Zion overshadowed him a bit (or a lot) at Duke but Barrett could end up being the better pro with a better all around skill-set.

Ok, maybe that's just wishful thinking after this cursed franchise had another bad luck offseason (thanks ping pong balls and Durant's Achilles).

1.03 New York Knicks select SG/SF RJ Barrett, Duke

Zion overshadowed him a bit (or a lot) at Duke but Barrett could end up being the better pro with a better all around skill-set.

Ok, maybe that's just wishful thinking after this cursed franchise had another bad luck offseason (thanks ping pong balls and Durant's Achilles).
no Anthony Davis offer?

Cleveland is open to all manner of offers.

Dump salary on us!  Get JR Smith's tiny guarantee! (although jux or someone else needs to verify for me how that counts in the salary match.  I know his partial guarantee was grandfathered in from prior CBA, but is salary matching now based on 2018 salaries or 2019 salaries?)

@JMon348  If nobody else wants the Wizards, I'll consider a Beal offer. PM me.  If someone else wants to take them, I'll pass it along.

@Dr. Octopus  If you want to take back your pick and make a AD offer, feel free.  I don't mind if we slow things down today to get these trades in.

Dump salary on us!  Get JR Smith's tiny guarantee! (although jux or someone else needs to verify for me how that counts in the salary match.  I know his partial guarantee was grandfathered in from prior CBA, but is salary matching now based on 2018 salaries or 2019 salaries?)
Nevermind, I get it now.

He counts as the full $15.68 million in the salary matching.  But then the receiving team can waive him and pay only $3.87 million this year.  

Open up $12 million in cap space for all those glorious free agents you have your eye on!  Get some!

The Internet says this:

To refresh, Smith’s contract (per the last CBA) is the last of its kind in relation to his deal counting in a trade for its full worth of $15.68 million for the 2019-20, despite only having a guarantee of $3.87 million in compensation for next season (per Spotrac) if he is waived before June 30, as we’ve often emphasized.
Let's go with the $15.68 for trade matching unless someone want to argue differently.

@JMon348  If nobody else wants the Wizards, I'll consider a Beal offer. PM me.  If someone else wants to take them, I'll pass it along.

@Dr. Octopus  If you want to take back your pick and make a AD offer, feel free.  I don't mind if we slow things down today to get these trades in.
well Barrett is who we'd pick @ 1.03 anyway, but jmon & i are hung up a li'l so it will probably be half of Day 1. and we do want to hear y/n from the Knicks because they are who we are most interested in.

yeah, g'ahead take the wiz, boss. but i also wanted to ask if you wanted the Bulls to move up to 1.04 to lock up a PG?

Confirmation:

The Lakers send Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, and the 4th pick to the New Orleans Pelicans for Anthony Davis.

This trade will become official sometime in July.  This way the Lakers still have a max slot available for them in FA.  So NO can make the 4th pick, although officially it's the Lakers.

So the Lakers now have:

Lebron James, Anthony, Davis, Kyle Kuzma, Mo Wagner, and Isaac Bonga under contract with max space.

1st priority will be getting one of Kawhi Leonard, Kyrie Irving, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler or Kemba Walker (sorry KD).  Then filling out the roster with exemptions and min contracts.

If we don't land one of them, filling out a roster with players that fit around Lebron and AD.

So the Lakers now have:

Lebron James, Anthony, Davis, Kyle Kuzma, Mo Wagner, and Isaac Bonga under contract with max space.

1st priority will be getting one of Kawhi Leonard, Kyrie Irving, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler or Kemba Walker (sorry KD).  Then filling out the roster with exemptions and min contracts.

If we don't land one of them, filling out a roster with players that fit around Lebron and AD.
Great trade.

Well, we are burning up the phone lines here in Cleveland, but I suppose it shouldn't impact our first pick.

Although I see Culver mocked to Cleveland a lot, our real target is still on the board.

So with the 5th pick in the draft,

The Cleveland Cavaliers select...

DeAndre Hunter, Forward, University of Virginia!

Hunter's superior length and demonstrated shooting ability, as well as very good defense make him a fairly clear choice here, despite his somewhat advanced age.

@scoobus on that clock

Last edited by a moderator:
wikkidpissah said:
and with LoBall, Ingram, Hart, and Reddish, the Pelicans finally have the cast that will make JOkafor truly shine!!!!
not to mention the fact that now you can roll out an all-duke lineup of Frank Jackson, Reddish, Ingram, Okafor and Zion.

Well didn't expect a certain guy to fall, but I'll still stick with who I was originally targeting over the guy I've never seen play.

1.06 Coby White, PG UNC

Good size at 6'5", should pair well with Booker.  Great energy and motor, 93% on catch and shoot jumpers, should hopefully solidify our backcourt of the future.

Wow.  Didn't expect the draft to play out like this.  Without question at 1.07, Bulls select Darius Garland as PG of the future.  

Yes.  And if you would have picked Garland, I was debating between White and forgoing a PG (despite the Bulls need) and picking another player.
Why?  (Not saying you're wrong at all, I just literally haven't seen any Garland other than what I've read in mocks)

Why?  (Not saying you're wrong at all, I just literally haven't seen any Garland other than what I've read in mocks)
Lillard is the comp to him. the comps on White range from #2 in the crop Booker-type to highest-priced washout of the bunch. teams continually ignore that all point guards this side of Magic are made not born, so it all depends where they land and how they are integrated, but the consensus is that Coby has about 3x more to learn about distributing than Garland and is about equal (w more upside) on scoring.

Yeah, who knows who will be better.  I haven't watched Garland either, just read about him and saw some highlights.  People seem high on his shooting and handle and how that projects.  I like White but I'm more concerned about his traditional PG abilities plus his scoring was a bit inefficient.  He's fast but not a great leaper. Short arms for his height.  But, again, who knows?  It's often a crap shoot trying to guess how well 20 year olds will develop.  I'll be happy if the Bulls end up with White.

Atlanta Hawks select with the 8th pick:

Jarrett Culver Texas Tech

Culver will be the best available player on the board when its their turn to pick. Culver was used on the ball quite a bit this past season, and he earned Big 12 Player of the Year honors while leading the Red Raiders to the national title game. At the next level he’ll likely be best suited to spend more time off the ball, as was the case during his freshman year, which could positively impact his perimeter shooting as well. 

Would be a good match with strong defensive skills next to Trae Young for years to come

Wizards will go with this year's athletic center with upside.  Jaxson Hayes.  Defensively he could be quite good quickly.  Offensively, he's mainly just a rim runner.  The rest of his offensive game is a work in progress.  Overall, though, I think he has a good chance of being in the league for a long time.

With the 10th pick the Atlanta Hawks Select

Brandon Clarke

TStrengths: Bouncy, undersized big who plays with tremendous explosiveness and energy ... He is a strong finisher around the basket ... He’s shown the ability to score off the dribble ... He’s able to score from the low post against certain matchups ... He’s great at scoring on off ball motion plays ... He is a great rebounder, averaging over 8 a game the last couple years ... He is very good on the defensive end of the floor, as a help defender and on the ball ... An amazing shot blocker for a 6’8 forward, he averaged over 3 blocks per game this past season ... Along with the 3+ blocks, he averaged over 1 steal per game ... He has a non-stop motor to go along with his elte athleticism ... He has great timing when he goes to contest shots at the rim ... He rarely fouls despite contesting a lot of shots ... He’s rarely out of control despite how hard he plays ... He’s capable of switching screens and defending players on the perimeter ... In the NBA he’ll need that skill with how the game is played today ... He plays within himself and doesn’t take shots out of his skill set……. He has great touch around the basket ... He’s capable of guarding four different positions ... His athleticism can make him a great help defender at the next level ... He runs the floor very well in transition ... He’s a good finisher in traffic ... 

Weaknesses: Does not have ideal size or strength to play in the post at the next level ... Lacks length with just a 6'8.25 wingpsan on his 6'8 (in shoes) frame ... To make matters worse he weighed in at the combine at just 207 lbs, which is concerning considering his age ... Will turn 23 in September, making him older for a first round draft prospect ... Revamped his jumpshot in his redshirt, transfer year, but still has work to do on it ... He needs to improve the range and consistency on his perimeter jump shot ... He shot only 27% from the 3-point line last season ... He doesn’t look comfortable shooting unless he is wide open ... His reluctancy to shoot could affect his team’s offensive rhythm ... He struggles at the free throw line, he shot 69% from the line last season ... He needs to extend his shooting range in order to not be a liability on the floor at the next level ... He’s not a great ball handler which can lead to turnovers against NBA players ... He can be careless at times with the basketball, which NBA teams will make him pay for ... He can be undisciplined at times on the defensive end ... At times going for blocks too often puts him and the team out of position ... He needs to increase his playmaking skills to make himself more versatile on the offensive end of the floor ... His lack of a jump shot will limit his options to blow by his defenders on the closeouts ... 

Outlook: Clarke has a lot of potential to be a great defensive player with room to grow on the offensive end ... His ability to defend multiple positions will make him coveted in the league ... He needs to improve his shooting however so that he won’t be taken off the floor in certain situations ... 

With the 10th pick the Atlanta Hawks Select

Brandon Clarke
dang! i was hoping for the unlikelihood that he'd drop to the Green...

only thing i dont like about it for Alanta is that it probably means more post time for Collins, which i'd like him to be free of

dang! i was hoping for the unlikelihood that he'd drop to the Green...

only thing i dont like about it for Alanta is that it probably means more post time for Collins, which i'd like him to be free of
Yah, I wanted Hayes at this spot.  He will more likely be a role player and the DEF and athleticism should be good for a second unit.  I would easily trade him for Mo Bamba or Isaac from the Magic who are heavy in the post.

Users who are viewing this thread