What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NFL Offseason Predictions (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
Well its that time of year again. This is a 1st round mock draft with free agent moves mixed in with each team for ease of finding. Texans and Chiefs are at the end because they have no 1st rounders. If a free agent wasn't mentioned, I either think he re-signing, or simply wasn't relevant enough to mention. This thing would be 20,000 words if I touches on everyone. Without any further adieu: 

1.      Cleveland= Sam Darnold, the #1 reason Dorsey was brought in was to get a franchise QB. Darnold had a down 2017, but many scouts have blamed that on his supporting cast, and think Darnold can be another Andrew Luck

Sammy Watkins, Josh Gordon is unreliable and Corey Coleman has shown little to date. Watkins gives Darnold another potential big time weapon in the passing game, likely pushing Coleman to the slot. 

Dion Lewis, he does some of the same things Duke Johnson does, but Todd Haley RBs have to catch the ball, and I think having somewhat interchangeable RB's will keep the defense guessing.

2.      New York Giants= Josh Allen, I think his upside and Josh Rosen’s attitude issues, push Allen ahead of Rosen. The Giants need a plan after Eli, and Shurmur just coaxed career years out of Keenum and Bradford. Allen is a roject, but checks all the boxes physically. Time will tell if he is Matthew Stafford, or Jake Locker, but both are on the table.

Chris Hubbard, was a useful swing lineman for Pittsburgh. The Giants line is nowhere near that good, and could use help at tackle. This is a cheap signing, that could pay dividends.

Jonathan Casillas, Giants need to overhaul LB, but that is likely a priority next offseason. For now, Casillas returns to provide a veteran presence.

Rex Burkhead, his versatility will fit well with Shurmur. He and Gallman will form a 1-2 punch. I expect the Giants to be bigger FA players in 2019. 2018, is more of a see what we have year.

3.       Indianapolis= Bradley Chubb, assuming Luck is back, adding Chubb to FA steal Jabaal Sheard will help the team more than any other pick would. Chubb is a great athlete with an excellent work ethic. He’s been compared to a young Chris Long. He and Sheard would be Indy’s best pass rush combo since Freeney/Mathis.

Trumaine Johnson, Colts have a ton of cap room and should make some big splashes, as lots of guys want to play with Reich/Luck. Johnson gives Colts a #1 CB.

Nate Solder, keeping Luck safe is priority #1. Solder could move to RT, and Colts have the money to pay LT money for him.

Jarvis Landry, TY Hilton creates so much room underneath, and Colts have only had Jack Doyle to take advantage of it. Landry will also work as an extension of the running game.

4.      Cleveland= Minkah Fitzpatrick, this is a BPA pick. The Browns have an underrated secondary, but lack a true #1 CB. Fitzpatrick can be that, and is versatile enough to be an elite safety as well. Some have compared him to Jalen Ramsey, but I see a bigger, better Honey Badger with his versatility.

5.      Denver= Josh Rosen, I think his attitude issues, push him down a bit. Of course, John Elway may not mind, as he was thought to have the same issues once upon a time. Some have made Cutler comparisons, but Rosen seems like a much harder worker. Trent Green was another name that has come up, and I think Denver would take that.

Cameron Fleming, Broncos need insurance at OT, if Bolles doesn't develop or Watson doesn't bounce back. Fleming is a nice cheap option.

Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, seems to have straightended his life out just in time to hit FA. Broncos have had TE issues since Julius Thomas left. ASJ gives them a seam threat between Thomas/Sanders.

Todd Davis, solid young LB, that the Broncos should look to keep. Great run stuffer, with some coverage issues, but still only 25.

6.      New York Jets= Tremaine Edmunds, this looks like a reach now, but won’t in 2 months. Edmunds is a physical freak of nature, and has generational upside. Todd Bowles could build the entire defense around him. Scouts have said his upside is in the Brian Urlacher range.

Kirk Cousins, they simply have the most money to throw at him other than the Browns. Also gives Jets best QB since Pennington.

Julius Peppers, I think Peppers wants one last big check. Jets need a defensive leader, so this feels like a nice match.

EJ Gaines, Bills would like to keep him, but simply don't have the Jets money. Gaines would slide in as Jets #1 CB.

7.      Tampa Bay= Saquon Barkley, this would be the ideal landing spot for people with the 1.1 rookie pick in fantasy. Barkley is an excellent prospect. While the Barry Sanders comparisons feel ridiculous, I could see Barkley as a bigger LeSean McCoy. Like McCoy, he sometimes will annoy be giving away 4-5 yards trying to get 20+. Also a great pass catcher, he’ll be dangerous as defenses as playing Evans/D-Jax deep.

Morgan Burnett, Tampa could use a coach in the secondary and Burnett could be that. He always felt misused in Green Bay, think he's more versatile than he was used as.

Weston Richburg, was an ascending player prior to last year. Can play guard or center, and Tampa needs a guard more. 

Sheldon Richardson, Chris Baker was a FA bust, and while I don't think they cut him, I think he may be a rotational player (DE-DT) Richardson gives them a more full time guy, as a DE-DT. 

8.      Chicago=Quenton Nelson, safest player in the draft in my opinion. I think his addition could push Kyle Long back to RT, and Bobby Massie to a swing role where he belongs. Scouts feel Nelson is the best guard prospect to come out in a long time. He could be the NFL’s best interior lineman by 2020 according to some, and Larry Allen comparisons have been thrown about. Andy Reid has always valued o-line, and I assume Nagy will too.

Allen Robinson, I don't think the Jags franchising him is realistic. He likely gets big money on the open market and Bears can offer it. He and Meredith could be a solid 1-2 if Meredith can get back to his 2016 form.

Prince Amukamara, I think he's more likely to return than Kyle Fuller. He's cheaper, and has been more consistent. 

Nigel Bradham, I think Jurrell Freeman will be a cap casualty, and Bradham is younger and has more range.  

9.      San Francisco= Calvin Ridley, Garcon and Goodwin are nice, but the 49ers need a true #1. Ridely has some warts, he’s thin, and dances too much after the catch. Some have compared him to the guy he followed in Amari Cooper, and others have called him a poor man’s Torry Holt. I think the 49ers would be happy with either.

Andrew Norwell, 49ers have tons of cap room even after the Jimmy G deal. Also they have buzz, and guys will want to play there. Norwell gives them an elite interior lineman somewhat similar to what Alex Mack gave Shanahan's offense in Atlanta.

Malcolm Butler, can't imagine Patriots even offer him a contract after the Super Bowl debacle. Butler may not be elite, but he is solid and consistent. San Fran has very little at CB.

Ezekiel Ansah, a pass rusher is needed for the 49ers, and Ansah is the best one on the market(I expect Lawrence to be franchised) 49ers look like a playoff contender in 2018.

10.  Oakland= Roquan Smith, the Raiders have need LB help for years, and Gruden’s best teams were always powered by LB’s. Smith brings amazing speed to the position, he was a WR in HS. He might be quicker than any LB in the NFL, he could use a bit more weight, but profiles as a rich man’s Deion Jones.

Star Lotuleilei, gives some more much needed size to the Raiders front. 

LaAdrian Waddle, a cheap option to push Marshall Newhouse at RT.

Jordan Matthews, has disappointed of late, but brings lot more to the table than Seth Roberts. I expect Crabtree to stay, so a 3-wide of Cooper/Crabtree/Matthews could be dangerous.

11.   Miami= Isaiah Wynn, this is another pick that likely looks high for now. Miami has had o-line issues since the Ricky Williams era. Wynn combines good strength, agility and technique. He could be another Brandon Scherff, who rises throughout the process.

Luke Willson, Willson has had his moments in Seattle, and could be better than Thomas was for much cheaper.

Jay Cutler, I think he either plays for Gase or not at all. I think he and Tannehill fight for the job in camp. Tannehill is likely the favorite, so Cutler makes for a good, if expensive, insurance option.

Patrick Robinson, I doubt the Eagles can afford to keep him, and they have Sidney Jones waiting in the wings anyway. Miami could use a veteran CB opposite Howard.

12.  Cincinnati= Mike McGlinchey, this feels too obvious to actually happen. The Bengals o-line crippled the entire offense last year, and McGlinchey is considered the safest OT in the draft. He’s not the prospect former teammate Ronnie Stanley was, but he’s a safe bet to be a 10 year NFL starter, if never an all-pro.

Case Keenum, this one requires an explanation. I think Keenum is going to be met with crickets this offseason. He had nothing good on tape until this year, and was playing for an OC who was extremely highly thought of. I think he'll be universally considered the weakest of the 3 Vikings FA QB's. That said I think he gets a chance to compete for a starting job in Cincinnati. Dalton may be wearing out his welcome, and has a very easy contract to get out of if need be. Keenum is a nice insurance option.

Navarro Bowman, they've needed a LB besides Burfict for years. Bowman has rejuvenated his career, and would be a great fit in Marvin Lewis' defense.

Vernon Davis, I think he gets cut by Washington. He and Tyler Kroft will split snaps. Davis has some juice left, though he's a liability as a blocker at this point.

13.  Washington= Vita Vea, continuing to build the front seven is a priority for Washington as last year’s Jon Allen pick showed. Vea brings true run erasing ability. Think a more athletic Danny Shelton.

Eric Reid, he and Swearinger give the Redskins a fearsome safety combo. Nicholson is a nice prospect too, but not as good as Reid.

Tyler Eifert, I think Washington plays to Alex Smith's strengths and runs a mostly short to intermediate passing game. I think Jordan Reed mostly serves as a slot WR going forward, with Eifert at TE, and Doctson/Crowder outside.

DeMarco Murray, a lock to be cut by the Titans, Murray is still a solid RB. Certainly better than Kelley/Perine. He and Chris Thompson form a nice 1-2 for the offense.

14.   Green Bay= Marcus Davenport, Clay Matthews quietly had a bounce back season last year, but he’s in the last year of his deal, and on the wrong side of 30. Davenport can platoon this year, and replace next. Davenport is a little one dimensional at the moment, but also has the frame(6’6 255) to add weight. Scouts have compared him to Danielle Hunter.

Trey Burton, they dipped into the TE pool the last two years with Cook and Bennett, maybe the 3rd time is the charm. Burton is younger than those 2 were, and comes from a similar offense.

Chris Clark, Jason Spriggs doesn't look ready to contribute, so Clark fills an insurance need behind Bulaga.

DaQuan Jones, gives the Packers another big time DL with Daniels and Clark. Packers front 3 could be the best of any 3-4 team in the league.

15.   Arizona= Baker Mayfield, this might require a trade up, but maybe not. Mayfield has arguably been the best QB in college football for 3 years now. However, he doesn’t check a lot of boxes NFL teams look for, especially size. Listed at 6’1 220 but looks smaller. Only QB who has really succeeded lately at his size/mobility is Drew Brees, but that’s not a fair expectation. Saw a Doug Flutie comparison, but Mayfield isn’t that small.

Andre Smith, gives Cardinals some versatility on the o-line. I think they'll stick with Iupati and Veldheer another year, but depth is certainly needed.

Tre Boston, solid young safety, replaces Branch who is older and coming off an ACL tear. I expect he and Budda Baker to start at safety with Honey Badger moving back to CB.

Paul Richardson, they need a WR opposite Fitz, and while I think they like John Brown, he's become hard to rely on. Richardson can do all the things Brown can, and is much more reliable.

16.  Baltimore= Orlando Brown, he plays a lot like his father did, and I have him going to a team his father played for. Brown could pair with Ronnie Stanley to set the Ravens up at the tackle spots for the next several years. Better run blocker than pass blocker, I doubt the Ravens are bothered by that though.

Kendall Wright, the Ravens could use anything at WR. Wright is a mostly solid slot WR, who shouldn't require much money. He and Maclin should be serviceable.

Niles Paul, was once an interesting TE prospect, got buried in Washington behind Reed/Davis. Maybe there is still something there, if not, he's at least insurance behind Maxx Williams.

Matt Moore, almost anything is better behind Flacco than Ryan Mallet. Moore has starting experience, and shouldn't cost too much.

17.   Los Angeles Chargers= Derwin James, Tre Boston played well last year, but is likely leaving in FA, and is just a good player. James gives them a true Eric Weddle replacement. Has Eric Berry level upside, and likely more talent than Jamal Adams last year, but has struggled with health and consistency.

Jurrell Freeman, Chargers defensive weakness is in the middle. Freeman is a good player, who is getting up in years, and had some injury woes, but could still be a major upgrade for LA.

Bennie Logan, Chargers lack that run stuffing presence in the middle. Logan fills that need.

Tyrod Taylor, this also requires an explanation. I think Taylor is certainly done in Buffalo. I like him a lot, but its clear most of the NFL doesn't. Rivers is an older QB who has said he may retire soon. Anthony Lynn coached Taylor to his most success in Buffalo. Maybe its a stretch and Taylor ends up somewhere where he may start this year, but if not, this seems plausible to me.

18.   Seattle= Da’Ron Payne, Seattle’s defense needs an infusion of youth. Payne brings that, and is considered a great locker room guy as well. He’s got elite run stuffing talent, but could fall if teams feel he’s a 2-down guy only. Seattle may not care, as they rotate lineman quite a bit.

Spencer Long, has been decent in Washington, but not great. Seattle needs interior line help bad.

Virgil Green, Jimmy Graham is almost certainly not going to be back. Green is a solid blocker and could form a platoon with Nick Vannett.

Tavon Wilson, I think Seattle may have to prepare for life after Kam Chancellor. Consider Wilson an expensive insurance policy.

19.   Dallas= Arden Key, if you just graded by talent, Key could go top-5. Alas, he has some pretty good sized off field issues, and likely needs to go to a team who may overlook that, hello Dallas. If Key stays on the field, he and DeMarcus Lawrence could form Dallas’ best pass rush combo in a long time. On the field, Key reminds of Leonard Floyd, with a bit more size.

Ramon Humber, a slight upgrade on Anthony Hitchens in my opinion. Fits better outside, I think they still want Jaylon Smith in the middle.

Mike Wallace, they need somebody who threatens defenses deep. Wallace still does that, and at this point in his career, shouldn't be too expensive.

Matt Slauson, they missed Ronald Leary a ton, as Jon Cooper didn't cut it. They seem locked into Collins at RT, so I think a vet like Slauson makes for a nice short term fix.

20.   Detroit= Maurice Hurst, creates havoc on the interior pass rush. Matt Patricia will love him. There’s some Geno Atkins to his game, though Atkins is a more well rounded player. At 6’2 282, size likely keeps him out of the top-15.

Aaron Colvin, I think he gets a bigger contract than the Jags deem him worth. Lions need a #2 opposite Slay, as Tabor put very little on tape.

Brandon Fusco, gives them a useful guard so they don't have to start Dahl.

Jerick McKinnon, I think he could win this starting job. Riddick is a 3rd down only guy, and Abdullah has been a bust. Some may prefer a RB with more size, but I don't think that is a thing Jim Bob Cooter's offense cares about, where as receiving ability is.

21.   Buffalo= Harold Landry, could go higher, if teams overlook run defense weaknesses. Bills have gotten nothing from Shaq Lawson and he wasn’t a McDermott pick. Landry has great pass rush skills, and is extremely quick. He’s somewhere between Vic Beasley and Bruce Irvin according to scouts.

Sam Bradford, whether you agree with it on not, its clear Tyrod Taylor is not the QB the Bills want. Bradford is a much more traditional QB, and has been pretty solid when healthy of late.

Isaiah Crowell, Bills need someone behind McCoy, who is hitting 30, and in the final year of his contract. Crowell is still young and maybe just needs a change of scenery.

22.   Buffalo= Christian Kirk, WR has been a mess for Buffalo, really since Eric Moulds declined. Kelvin Benjamin is only under contract for 1 more year, and Zay Jones showed nothing as a rookie. Kirk is small, but great after the catch, and has reliable hands. Think Jarvis Landry/Golden Tate.

23.   Los Angeles Rams= James Daniels, probably my favorite guy nobody is talking about. Somewhat undersized at 6’4 295, but makes up for it with great quickness and technique. Reminds some scouts of Tom Nalen. Is a devastating blocker in space, which fits well with McVay/Gurley.

Sa'u Cravens, no way is he back in Washington. I think Wade Phillips could find some interesting uses for Cravens possibly even at LB in some sets.

Dontari Poe, Ethan Westbrooks had some moments, but he's not starter material. Poe adds another big body up front to try to block, also helps keep LBs clean, which is important given how undersized Rams LBs are.

Marqise Lee, I think the Rams want to be a 3-WR team, but Watkins simply isn't worth the money he'll require for the role he had last year. Lee has more versatility than Watkins, and while he's nowhere near the deep threat, he's also nowhere near the price.

24.   Carolina= Connor Williams, this is probably a best case scenario for Carolina. Many feel he’s the best OT in the draft, but didn’t look like the same player after knee injury wiped out most of his 2017. Has been compared to Jake Matthews,  but that seems a little generous to me. Still, well worth a pick here though.

Terrelle Pryor, feels like a worthwhile flier for Carolina. They want tall WR's with Newton's tendency to miss high, and Pryor has the deep speed to stretch the defense. Its just was 2016 the fluke or 2017?

Adrian Clayborn, always nice to rob a rival. Clayborn is a decade younger than Peppers and does a lot of the same things.

Bashaud Breeland, like Pryor, another worthy flier as Bradberry and Worley aren't exactly lighting the world on fire. breeland looked like an up and comer 2 years ago until getting eaten alive by Antonio Brown, his confidence never seemed to recover, but maybe it can be built back up, a change of scenery can't hurt.

25.   Tennessee= Denzel Ward, Titans continue to rebuild their secondary, after adding Logan Ryan and Adoree Jackson. Ward has more upside than either of them. His only flaw is his size, at 5’10 191. Still, I don’t think he’s limited to the slot by any means. Scouts have compared him to Chris Harris, and many thought he was as good as either Lattimore or Conley at Ohio State.

Jack Mewhort, serves the triple purpose, of hurting a division rival getting a starting guard to replace Kline, and providing insurance if Conklin isn't ready by week 1.

Lamar Miller, I expect him to be a cap casualty as 2 years later we finally see what Miami knew all along, that Miller is a RBBC guy. That said, he's pretty good at that, and I don't think the Titans trust Derrick Henry to be a full time RB at all. 

Avery Williamson, quietly one of the best ILB's in the NFL. Its absolutely vital for the Titans to retain him.

26.   Atlanta= Taven Bryan, a bit of a raw prospect, he could end up the best DL in the draft. At the moment, he gets by purely on athletic ability. A bit of a tweener at 6’4 291, but wins with quickness. Could be a DE, who moves inside on passing downs.

John Brown, they need another passing game weapon, preferably one who stretches defenses vertically. Brown can do a lot more than Taylor Gabriel could.

DJ Fluker, has never really gotten back to where he was as a rookie. Injuries have taken a toll, but still can contribute. Potential starter at RG, or solid depth piece.

Rashad Melvin, Colts are likely aiming higher with all their cap space, so Falcons will gladly take their scraps. Melvin had a nice breakout year in 2017. Falcons had high hopes for Jalen Collins, but with him out of the picture, Melvin could fill that role as a CB2-3 who plays inside and outside. Likely pushes Brian Poole to the bench. 

27.   New Orleans= Hayden Hurst, his only weakness is that he’s 24 years old. Played a couple years in the Pittsburgh Pirates minor league system. Both his on field play, and advanced age as a rookie, reminds of Dallas Clark. Might be close to a finished product, though that is less of a concern at TE than at other positions. Elite hands, likely runs a 4.5.

Tahir Whitehead, Saints LB's are the very definition of mediocre. Whitehead could play any spot for them, but likely fits best outside.

Vontae Davis, reclamation project. If he doesn't pan out, so what. If he does, Saints could possibly have the best CB group in the NFL with him, Lattimore, Crowley and maybe Breaux.

AJ McCarron, think the Browns rumors don't happen. They are all-in on a rookie. McCarron is an upgrade on Chase Daniel and could potentially be Brees' heir apparent. He's greatly misjudged his own value if he thinks he's getting a starting job handed to him in my opinion.

28.   Pittsburgh= Sam Hubbard, doesn’t have all pro upside, but has the looks of a long tine solid starter. He and TJ Watt could be a long term combo for Steelers, and maybe Bud Dupree becomes something too, though he was awful last year. Hubbard is well rounded, with a great motor and has a knack for knocking down passes at the line.

Frank Gore, basically the new DeAngelo Williams, veteran RB looking for a shot at a ring, that basically serves as a full time backup to Bell, and veteran leader in the locker room.

Preston Brown, decent ILB, who is nothing special but is a jack of all trades. Needed with the uncertainty of Ryan Shazier.

Tyvon Branch, safety is a major problem. Sean Davis sucks, and Mitchell is a potential cap cut, though I could certainly see a restructure there. Branch was in the middle of a great year, before tearing his ACL. Even if he loses a step, he's still a major upgrade for what the Steelers put out last year, and the injury should make him more affordable.

29.   Jacksonville= Leighton Vander Esch, the Jags have few holes, and this is a BPA pick. Vander Esch has amazing range and instincts. At 6’4 240 he sometimes can be pushed around at the point of attack, but that could be improved with coaching technique. Adding him to Telvin smith and Myles Jack could give the Jags the best LB core in the NFL for years to come.

Josh McCown, I think Bortles keeps the starting job unopposed, but if he falters, they need someone who can keep the offense on schedule. McCown can absolutely do that.

John Sullivan, had a nice rejuvenation year in LA, I think he heads to the Jags as almost an on field coach of sorts to get all the young lineman in place. My gut says he plays center, and Linder moves back to guard so they can have their 5 best on the field.

Greg Robinson, he's been a massive bust as #2 overall in 2014, that said he's good enough as a depth piece, and that is all the Jags are looking for, and if he can ever recapture what made him look like such a great prospect...

30.   Minnesota= Will Hernandez, Who knows how long Berger plans to play, and the interior is pretty meh without him. Hernandez is a 6’2 348 pound mauler. Think Richie Incognito. He’s a guy to just saddle up and run behind. Has quick hands thanks to boxing background.

Teddy Bridgewater, I think he's the guy the front office likes the most. Keenum and to a lesser extent Bradford, were products over the Shurmur system that Teddy never got to really play in. Bridgewater is the most talented of the trio, and had two pretty good years before destroying his knee. Still only 25, its possible the new OC is a huge boon to Bridgewater.

Josh Kline, the o-line took a step forward last year, but it was from historically bad, to below average. Kline gives them an upgrade on Nick Easton and is another building block up front.

Kyle Fuller, the Vikings have a lot of cap room for a team who just finished in the final 4, therefore they will likely make 1 big splash signing. Much like the o-line, Trey Waynes took a step forward last year, but it was from pretty bad, to somewhat acceptable. Fuller gives them a top notch 1-2 punch at CB and allows Waynes to be more of a subpackage player, where he'll be exposed less. I doubt Newman is back, so I'm not sure who plays the slot in nickel. Maybe Fuller, or Waynes, or even Alexander.

31.   New England= Tyrell Crosby, another player I think is under the radar. With Solder likely moving on, Crosby could slide into a starting spot for the Patriots. Crosby is a little similar to Cam Robinson who went at the top of round 2 last year. He’s got great talent, but needs coaching and refinement. Patriots seem like a perfect fit.

Trent Murphy, was showing signs of becoming a good pass rusher until injuries became a problem. Patriots could use all the pass rush help they can get.

Morris Claiborne, feels like a classic Patriots reclamation project. Doubly so, since he played for the Jets last year. Best case he's Butler's replacement, worst case he's a contributor in subpackage sets.

Blaine Gabbert, may not make the team, I just doubt that Hoyer goes into camp unopposed, and Pats love a good reclamation project.

32.   Philadelphia= Derrius Guice, dynasty leaguers probably don’t want to see this fit, but it makes a ton of sense. Blount is a FA, and Ajayi is in the last year of his deal. Guice could easily replace Blount this year, and become the RB1 moving forward. Some scouts believe Guice is a better all around prospect than Fournette was, and some have compared him to Marshawn Lynch. That’s probably an absolute best case scenario, but Philly would certainly take it.

Zach Brown, he's become a bit of a mercenary of late as this would be his 4th team in 4 years. That said, he's still a very solid player, and this is a cheaper replacement for Bradham, who also doubles as Jordan Hicks insurance.

James Hurst, no team in the NFL values o-line depth as much as the Eagles. Hurst is young with experience at both tackle and guard.

Ryan Jensen, similar to Hurst, but would push Wisnewski for a starting job. Has experience at guard and center.

Houston

Justin Pugh, can play tackle or guard and Texans need both as arguably the worst o-line of 2017.

Kenny Vaccaro, can play S or CB. Texans need both.

Jimmy Graham, Texans need something in passing game besides Hopkins/Fuller. Graham offers an entirely different skill set, and fills a hole as CJ Fiedorowicz is a major question mark.

Carlos Hyde, is a better runner than Lamar Miller, and likely comes cheaper as well. Bill O'Brian seems to want more of a between the tackles RB.

Kansas City

Paul Worrilow, LB depth with potential to start with Derrick Johnson likely being done.

Senio Kelemete, slight upgrade on Zach Fulton. 

Albert Wilson, can't see Chiefs letting him go. Really came on down the stretch and who knows how healthy Conley will be.

TJ Carrie, secondary was the team's biggest weakness. KC doesn't have a lot of cap room, but I think they'll find a way to make room for one big acquisition. Peters/Carrie/Fuller will be a big upgrade on last year's group, and has the added benefit of hurting the Raiders. 

Well that's it. I try to remain as neutral as possible, and put myself into the shoes of each GM while factoring in the amount of cap room each team has to work. 

Nice write up  

You have almost every NE free agent leaving. I don’t see that many guys leaving. Solder has a sick child, so he is expected to either stay in NE or retire. From what I have seen, Burkhead is thought to be interested in sticking around. They will likely draft a QB and go with TB-Hoyer-Rookie. 

NO predictions on the SUper Bowl MVP? There's a ton of debate re. Foles in the Eagles thread, but I tend to think that a team short on picks would need to move him somewhere.

Nice write up  

You have almost every NE free agent leaving. I don’t see that many guys leaving. Solder has a sick child, so he is expected to either stay in NE or retire. From what I have seen, Burkhead is thought to be interested in sticking around. They will likely draft a QB and go with TB-Hoyer-Rookie. 
Was just gonna post that about Solder...

Don't see McCarron signing with New Orleans...he is now unrestricted so he is going to put himself in a position to start...he controls his own destiny...now you can debate all you want whether he is the next Glennon or is a legit starter but he is gonna put himself in a situation to succeed...it is simple supply and demand (and how it works in the QB-world in the NFL) and once the smoke clears there will be a situation that allows him to prove he can or can not start in this league...this maybe his only opportunity to do that...

Last edited by a moderator:
NO predictions on the SUper Bowl MVP? There's a ton of debate re. Foles in the Eagles thread, but I tend to think that a team short on picks would need to move him somewhere.
I don't see any way they can let him walk unless the get at least a 1st round pick, which is highly unlikely. 

Besides Wentz got hurt in December, he's no lock to even be ready to play in week 1.

Nice write up  

I was not aware of Solder's situation. 

I think Burkhead is an interesting case. I think he and Lewis can be replaced by a day 2 draft pick, and an increase in the roles of White and Gillislee. I still don't get what happened with Gillislee this year, he was playing fine(albeit not as good as Lewis) then he just got banished. Gillislee>Burkhead in my opinion. 

Patriots made a lot of really strange personnel calls this year. One of them probably cost them the Super Bowl.

I do think they'll keep Amendola, as well as likely sign extensions for Cooks and Gronk(not buying the retirement talk one bit)

I don't see any way they can let him walk unless the get at least a 1st round pick, which is highly unlikely. 

Besides Wentz got hurt in December, he's no lock to even be ready to play in week 1.
Exactly. Foles is going nowhere unless it's August and another team offers a first for the backup QB. and Wentz is healthy. 

I was not aware of Solder's situation. 

I think Burkhead is an interesting case. I think he and Lewis can be replaced by a day 2 draft pick, and an increase in the roles of White and Gillislee. I still don't get what happened with Gillislee this year, he was playing fine(albeit not as good as Lewis) then he just got banished. Gillislee>Burkhead in my opinion. 

Patriots made a lot of really strange personnel calls this year. One of them probably cost them the Super Bowl.

I do think they'll keep Amendola, as well as likely sign extensions for Cooks and Gronk(not buying the retirement talk one bit)
No it didn't 

True, but for a team short on both cap space and draft picks, you'd have to think the Eagles will be listening very closely to offers. And while Wentz isn't a lock for week 1, he isn't likely to miss more than a few. Do the Eagles let a high pick go by for a 2-4 week (maybe!?) rental? I think that would be foolish.

If BPA is a RB when it gets to the Eagles’ pick at 32, I’m 99% sure they trade down. 
IMO they'd be wise to trade down regardless, unless there's a completely unexpected fall down the boards by a consensus big name at LB or DB. The value of the 5th-year option is so high when it comes to QBs that a team that's relatively high on Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph should be willing to pay a sizable premium to move up into that slot.

Users who are viewing this thread