What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NHL Offseason Thread: E.Karlsson is a Shark! (1 Viewer)

Twitter guy said he had a contract extension with Tampa but was burned out. Couldn’t take the money and commit to it. FWIW 

Sounds like he’s staying on but “moving upstairs”, whatever that means. Vinik says he is thrilled. 

“Yzerman states his role is changing to a senior advisor position inside the organization. He cites more family time as a big reason why he elected to make this decision.”

“All three men have reiterated that Yzerman will still be a big part of the Lightning organization moving forward.”

Detroit > full stop. 

Columbus Blue Jackets‏@BlueJacketsNHL 

CBJ have signed Head Coach John Tortorella to a 2-year extension.

Pierre LeBrun@PierreVLeBrun 

Dallas, San Jose and Vegas among the teams I believe who continued to have talks with Ottawa this week on Erik Karlsson... feels like something could go down today potentially. But we've said that before. Karlsson and Burns on the same team in San Jose would certainly be a sight

@SiriusXMNHL 13m13 minutes ago

More

BREAKING: The #Stars have signed forward Tyler Seguin to an 8-year contract extension worth $78.8M with an AAV of $9.85M #NHL

$13,5M this season ... behind only Tavares, Price and McDavid.  :shock:

Pierre LeBrun@PierreVLeBrun 

Dallas, San Jose and Vegas among the teams I believe who continued to have talks with Ottawa this week on Erik Karlsson... feels like something could go down today potentially. But we've said that before. Karlsson and Burns on the same team in San Jose would certainly be a sight
Trying to picture Karlsson with a lumberjack beard.

Karlsson reportedly to San Jose.

Lebrun

Told that the official trade call was just completed. Erik Karlsson has been traded to the San Jose Sharks

The Sens have traded Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron to SJ for a 1st rd pick in 2019 or 2020, C-Chris Tierny, 2nd rd pick 2019, C-Josh Norris, LW-Rudolfs Balcers and D-Dylan DeMelo

Sens also get a 2nd rd pick in 2021.  It becomes a first if the Sharks sign him and  SJ makes it to the final yhis season. The Sens also get a 1rst in 2021 or 2022 if Karlsson plays for an eastern team in 2018/19. 2/2

Last edited by a moderator:
“The Sens also get a 1rst in 2021 or 2022 if Karlsson plays for an eastern team in 2018/19.”

oh so they just weren’t trading him east. Why did Ottawa care? They aren’t competing. So dumb.

Twitter is absolutely crushing that return. How did the Bolts not top that?
Maybe same as the Hoffman deal ... wouldn't trade him within the division?

(Edit: Saw you posted the same thing just above.)

It's a 2020 1st rounder evidently.  OP stated 2019 or 2020.
I think the 2019 1st is lottery protected, so if the Sharks somehow missed the playoffs this year then it would revert to a 2020 1st. I'm assuming that means the Sens would get the 2019 lottery pick.

Karlsson reportedly to San Jose.

Lebrun

Told that the official trade call was just completed. Erik Karlsson has been traded to the San Jose Sharks

The Sens have traded Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron to SJ for a 1st rd pick in 2019 or 2020, C-Chris Tierny, 2nd rd pick 2019, C-Josh Norris, LW-Rudolfs Balcers and D-Dylan DeMelo

Sens also get a 2nd rd pick in 2021.  It becomes a first if the Sharks sign him and  SJ makes it to the final yhis season. The Sens also get a 1rst in 2021 or 2022 if Karlsson plays for an eastern team in 2018/19. 2/2
wtf.  how do you go right back to SJ after the Hoffman debacle.  contract Ottawa already.

Only thing I can think of is if others wanted him to agree to an extension as part of any deal, and then learned his demands and balked.

Anyone looking to do a $250 roto league? The Looking for Leagues section seems to be all football related. The draft is likely to be the 29th of September in the early afternoon.  If interested, just message me.

Karlsson: while the return was not good for Ottawa, I actually thought it would be worse knowing them. That Duchene deal looks better and better for the Avalanche. The Sharks will be fun to watch.

I don't know how San Jose didn't have to include Meier and/or Merkeley but I guess without any guarantee of an extension, I'm not super surprised by the return.

To make it worse for Ottawa, it sounds like Jean-Gabriel Pageau, who is like their third best forward left is going to miss the entire year with an achillies injury.

I don't know how San Jose didn't have to include Meier and/or Merkeley but I guess without any guarantee of an extension, I'm not super surprised by the return.

To make it worse for Ottawa, it sounds like Jean-Gabriel Pageau, who is like their third best forward left is going to miss the entire year with an achillies injury.
if he re-signs in San Jose, all Ottawa gets is a 2nd round pick added on though. Just terrible. Buyer's market out there these days I guess. Nobody giving up top prospects in trades anymore.

if he re-signs in San Jose, all Ottawa gets is a 2nd round pick added on though. Just terrible. Buyer's market out there these days I guess. Nobody giving up top prospects in trades anymore.
Over the summer idiots on twitter were saying the Bolts would have to give up Point and Sergachev. So many morons. 

what's going on here?

Elliotte Friedman‏Verified account @FriedgeHNIC 10m10 minutes ago

Jake Dotchin (TB) is on unconditional waivers to terminate contract

Elliotte Friedman‏Verified account @FriedgeHNIC

TB is calling it a “material breach of contract”

He got suspended around this time last year too and it sounded odd at the time. No idea why for either instance. Too bad, seemed he had a long future as a top-6 guy. 

So, the Leafs are putting Tavares in the JVR net front spot on the PP. He and Marner looked pretty great together against Ottawa last night.

wasn't Bobby Ryan contract dump supposed to be a part of any Karlsson deal.  maybe they forgot to report that part of it because then that deal makes a lot more sense for the Sens.

wasn't Bobby Ryan contract dump supposed to be a part of any Karlsson deal.  maybe they forgot to report that part of it because then that deal makes a lot more sense for the Sens.
they are going to need that contract to hit the cap floor once they lose guys like Stone, Duchene, and Anderson.

they are going to need that contract to hit the cap floor once they lose guys like Stone, Duchene, and Anderson.
I'm sure Melnyk can find a Hossa or Zetterburg type deal laying around to prop up his cap and keep his pockets full.  he might even move a Chabot to acquire it

Users who are viewing this thread