What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NHL Offseason Thread: E.Karlsson is a Shark! (1 Viewer)

Josh Ho-Sang assigned to Bridgeport (AHL)

Owen Tippett assigned to Mississauga (OHL)

Last year at this time both looked like they were on there way to sticking in the NHL.

Got my Bruins games for the season last night.

Somehow the home opener (not until Columbus Day afternoon) almost made it back to me with my final pick.

But it's all good, because ... COYLE!

@charlieo_conn: Most adults were gonna hate this mascot regardless of what it was, so I honestly sorta respect that the Flyers just decided to go full nightmare-inducing with the thing.

One of you Flyer fans want to explain THIS to the group?

Someone made the remark it looks like Oscar the Grouch on  bath salts. :loco:  

ETA: I see @JaxBill got it covered. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kurt_BSH: I will say this: if you're going to bring in Gritty, BRING IN GRITTY. Don't just put him up on the concourse and have him wave his arms to pump up the crowd. Have him chugging beers and screaming SHOOT and swearing at the coach. Really lean into it, man.

@Kurt_BSH: I will say this: if you're going to bring in Gritty, BRING IN GRITTY. Don't just put him up on the concourse and have him wave his arms to pump up the crowd. Have him chugging beers and screaming SHOOT and swearing at the coach. Really lean into it, man.
He supposedly can make smoke come out of his ears. So that’s a step in the right direction. 

From Gritty to another embarrassment 

@CapFriendly: These are the players the Ottawa Senators protected 15 months ago in the Vegas Expansion Draft, June 2017

Hoffman -Traded
Brassard -Traded
Stone -UFA in July
Turris -Traded
Smith -Waived earlier today
Pageau 
Dzingel -UFA in July

Phaneuf -Traded
Karlsson -Traded
Ceci

Anderson

Preseason gives so much hope.  Canes playing great.  Trying to temper expectations as Canes still have big holes at C and G but the kids look good right now.

I have a weird feeling that the Rangers dont suck this year. I hope I am wrong. Need Hughes
Cautiously optimistic going forward with this new coach.  Whilst I don't expect the Rangers to be very good this year, I don't think they are going to be at the levels of sucktitude as say the Senators are going to be.  Most of the core players on this team are under 30 (except Zuc and Lundqvist) which is good.  However, they certainly lack super star players.  Too bad the gritty mascot has been taken already :kicksrock:  

Bill Brasky said:
they have so much young talent.  can't wait to watch them get Darling'd
:rant:

He never left Carolina after the season and dropped 25 pounds but I still am not optimistic about him yet.

IC FBGCav said:
Preseason gives so much hope.  Canes playing great.  Trying to temper expectations as Canes still have big holes at C and G but the kids look good right now.
they going to trade Faulk or what?

they going to trade Faulk or what?
No.  Pairing him with De Haan seems to have his offense back to form and it looks like he got the jump back he lost last year.   Also, I doubt he gets the A if they were moving him.  

I think changing from a technical, strict gameplan will help all.

Having said that, it's just preseason.

Wow the Canes are doing a Hartford Whalers night. Uniforms and everything. That just doesn’t seem right. 

Wow the Canes are doing a Hartford Whalers night. Uniforms and everything. That just doesn’t seem right. 
It’s interesting because the City of Hartford used to own the rights to the name and, presumably, the logo and colors, but let the trademark expire a number of years ago.

i just looked it up and supposedly someone applied for a new trademark on (at least) the name earlier this year.

Tom Wilson is going to get himself kicked out of the leeg, isn’t he.  I mean, it’s preseason, guy. relax.  
Every think I think Wilson is past this stuff, and is ready to become a legit first line power forward, he does something completely dirty and selfish. What's the point? As a Caps fan, I supported his suspension in the playoffs, and I support an attention-getting suspension here - like 10 or 15 games. He either needs to play the game within the current bounds, and quit injuring guys with dirty hits, or he needs to be out of the league.

Every think I think Wilson is past this stuff, and is ready to become a legit first line power forward, he does something completely dirty and selfish. What's the point? As a Caps fan, I supported his suspension in the playoffs, and I support an attention-getting suspension here - like 10 or 15 games. He either needs to play the game within the current bounds, and quit injuring guys with dirty hits, or he needs to be out of the league.
I just watched the video - that was awful.  I agree with you here re. an attention-getting suspension.  I do wonder how much of this was a "payback" hit for the hit on Kempny.  Not saying I advocate it, but could that be the motivation?  

My biggest concern is that at some point, these "paybacks" take their toll, especially when you start paying back teams not players - i.e. if you have a beef with Bortuzzo, go hit Bortuzzo.  Turnabout on us could be somebody taking out Nicky B or somebody for a long time.  

Really is no defending Wilson on that hit.I'm fine with 10 games at this point in hopes he finally gets a clue and knocks off the stupidity.

Not sure I understand the Flyers pickup of below replacement level Calvin Pickard when they already have barely mediocre Stolarz.

Not sure I understand the Flyers pickup of below replacement level Calvin Pickard when they already have barely mediocre Stolarz.
I don't have a strong opinion on Stolarz, but Pickard is a solid pickup imo. Has a career NHL save % of .913 in 87 games played.

Neuvirth is at .912

Elliott is at .913

Users who are viewing this thread