What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Dynasty IDP trades - COMPLETED trades only please (1 Viewer)

"Better" is subjective. Tell them to pound sand. 

Gave Neville Hewitt NYJ LB

Received Andy Isabella + 2022 5th

Easy accept. Move backup level LB with value tied to injury for an upside WR with age on his side. Trade partner is a top team with need at LB.

Wow nice get for Hewitt. I agree Hewitt might be relegated to a backup capacity and is easy to replace in the short term. While Isabella has only barely flashed, I’d much prefer that age and upside

Last edited by a moderator:
Hours before the trade deadline 

Saquon Barkley 

for

Jaylon Smith and Terry McLaurin 
In theory, you want the Barkley side. When it comes to my weekly lineup, I don't hate it. Two top 15 players at their position is a lot of points in a starting lineup over the next 12 months while Barkely is on IR (and creating a deficit in your weekly scoring). That's a win 2020 and still contend next year trade, and I respect it. 

Hours before the trade deadline 

Saquon Barkley 

for

Jaylon Smith and Terry McLaurin 
I like the Barkley side by a huge margin. Even in leagues where you have to start 3-4 linebackers/team I think you can find pieces that can produce for 2-4+ weeks at a time at the position for cheap or off the wire. Maybe not Jaylon Smith production but adequate nonetheless.... wide receiver is super deep and while I think McLaurin is consistent I’d take Barkley easily...

Zealots IDP non-ppr

Gave

Warner, Fred SFO LB

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.08

Year 2022 Round 2 Draft Pick (late)

Got

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.04

Warner is good, but not great. I like what would likely be at 8 - but I love the top 4. And I also have the #1, so I wanted to have two of four, and the added flexibility.

Zealots IDP non-ppr

Gave

Warner, Fred SFO LB

Got

Warner is good, but not great. I like what would likely be at 8 - but I love the top 4. And I also have the #1, so I wanted to have two of four, and the added flexibility.
Seems like a good deal if you have a top 4 tier for rookies.  Warner is solid but not unreplaceable.  

A few I've done this off season as defending champ...

16 tm idp ppr 

Gave: Carr, Logan Thomas, Vernon

Got: Fant

Gave: John Hightower, 2021 3.12, 2022 1st (should be late), 2022 4th

Got: Kupp, Montez Sweat

Gave: L.David

Got: 2021 3.12, 2022 4th, 2023 3rd

Gave: Reuben Foster, Snell

Got: 2021 3.11, 2021 5.11

Gave: Hunt, JuJu, Arik Armstead, T.J Edwards, Bradley McDougald, 2021 3.16, 2022 3rd

Got: Amari Cooper, Joey Bosa

Andy Dufresne said:
Zealots IDP non-ppr

Gave

Warner, Fred SFO LB

Got

I love Warner so I think it's a toss up. The reality, though, is that his numbers look like they suffered a bit with no Bosa, which could easily mean Warner's value isn't stand alone. 

drewd_21 said:
A few I've done this off season as defending champ...

16 tm idp ppr 

Gave: Carr, Logan Thomas, Vernon

Got: Fant

Gave: John Hightower, 2021 3.12, 2022 1st (should be late), 2022 4th

Got: Kupp, Montez Sweat

Gave: Hunt, JuJu, Arik Armstead, T.J Edwards, Bradley McDougald, 2021 3.16, 2022 3rd

Got: Amari Cooper, Joey Bosa
All in your favor. Kupp & Sweat is a huge steal. That Fant deal is a terrible return for a TE that looks like an rising stud.

I gotta say I dislike only getting that for David. He's worth way more in my lineup than a couple of swings at knuckle(heads)balls.  In a 12 man last year 3.11 was a choice between Logan Wilson, Jordan Brooks, Gaither-Davis, Terrell Lewis, and Malik Harrison.  Even with hindsight that's a whole bunch of yuck, hopes, and prayers.  I do like Brooks but if you're giving me David in my lineup for that I'm taking it all day long.  Hell I might even take my shot at Foster for that 3rd, we know he can beast if he ever gets on the field and his competition is laughable.

Just made this one in Zealots. Bit of an overpay, but I'll take it. I was desperate for linebackers, and the run was about to start. Should get two quality starters out of the deal. I'm also fading the 2022 offensive class per a lot of people, including and up to this board.

Zealots PPR IDP 1 QB (51 man rosters, nine offensive starters, nine defensive starters)

Gave: 2.08, 2022 1st

Received: 2.05 (Micah Parsons, LB) 2.06 (Jamin Davis, LB)

Just made this one in Zealots. Bit of an overpay, but I'll take it. I was desperate for linebackers, and the run was about to start. Should get two quality starters out of the deal. I'm also fading the 2022 offensive class per a lot of people, including and up to this board.

Zealots PPR IDP 1 QB (51 man rosters, nine offensive starters, nine defensive starters)

Assuming you need LBs, which you said you did, I think this is a pretty good deal for you, assuming that 1st isn't likely to be a top 3-4 selection.

Figure general rule of thumb is you give up one round higher in a future year for a current pick and you basically moved up from the 2.08 for free as part of the deal to secure your two targets.

Assuming you need LBs, which you said you did, I think this is a pretty good deal for you, assuming that 1st isn't likely to be a top 3-4 selection.

Figure general rule of thumb is you give up one round higher in a future year for a current pick and you basically moved up from the 2.08 for free as part of the deal to secure your two targets.
Thanks. Yeah, I took over an orphaned team last year and didn't have anything in the way of LBs. Then, in a fit of weirdness, I traded Foyesade Oluokun for Michael Gallup and Darius Slayton (when he was still a thing). So I had nobody, really.

Yeah, general rule of thumb is one round, so your logic is about right. I was happy to do it even at the expense. I hope Davis and Parsons work out.

eta* I don't think the pick I offered will be top three or four, though one never knows. The first rounder I gave up was mine, and I kept a first I acquired, so there's a bit of cockiness there that I'll finish ahead of the guy. I picked fifth this year. I had two first rounders to play with so I spent one, and now I have a revamped LB corps, so I hope to move up in the standings a bit, though that may be pie-in-the-sky thinking.

Terrible trade.  No way you should have picked two LB's there.  Waste of capital.  I am sure it will bite you and you will finish absolutely last and never ever win another game.

(in case you couldn't figure it out he leapfrogged me (I had pick 2.07) and I was targeting one of these two for my pick.  I didn't think both of these guys would go.....ugh!  Great trade and perfect for what you needed.  I am jealous).

Terrible trade.  No way you should have picked two LB's there.  Waste of capital.  I am sure it will bite you and you will finish absolutely last and never ever win another game.

(in case you couldn't figure it out he leapfrogged me (I had pick 2.07) and I was targeting one of these two for my pick.  I didn't think both of these guys would go.....ugh!  Great trade and perfect for what you needed.  I am jealous).
Thanks, Gally. Appreciate it.

Good trade and good picks. Can tell by how many people in the league seem upset about both. :lol:   

Right spot for both players, and I think should have gone earlier (2.06 was originally mine, and Davis who I would have taken if I  had not traded it earlier to move up in the 1st).

Don Quixote said:
Good trade and good picks. Can tell by how many people in the league seem upset about both. :lol:   

Right spot for both players, and I think should have gone earlier (2.06 was originally mine, and Davis who I would have taken if I  had not traded it earlier to move up in the 1st).
Thanks, Don. I hope they're just kidding. If you're talking about Miami, the owner and I have talked sort of off and on even when the season was over, so I'm sure he is. We kept in contact during the football playoffs and whatnot. Seems like a really solid dude. So, reloaded linebacking corps this year! Hope they win starting jobs and are able to be started. I know Vander Esch is still in Dallas as is Smith, so, who knows?

Looking forward to the season already.

Thanks, Don. I hope they're just kidding. If you're talking about Miami, the owner and I have talked sort of off and on even when the season was over, so I'm sure he is. We kept in contact during the football playoffs and whatnot. Seems like a really solid dude. So, reloaded linebacking corps this year! Hope they win starting jobs and are able to be started. I know Vander Esch is still in Dallas as is Smith, so, who knows?

Looking forward to the season already.
Yeah, all in good spirits.  'Tis the season for having fun complaining about getting sniped.

I gave Benny Snell (to the N.Harris owner)

I Got K.Neal

I feel If Neal stays as a S designation this is a steal especially as we use an IDP Flex spot, if not and MFL makes him a LB then its a loss on my part. Snell was on the very end of my bench so it was a swing for the fences deal. I still have Wagner/D.White/Queen/Bush at LB and Baker/Collins/Peppers at DB so It won't kill me if he doesn't pan out.

Seems like quite the overpay for Queen based on most rookie drafts with the top IDP going somewhere in the mid 2nd round. 
Wow I don't think so.  LB's go late 1 early 2 and that's for guys that might end up Reuben Foster.  Jamin Davis went 1.08 in 3/4 and 1.09 in the other.  We've got a pretty good indication Queen is real and that 2022 4th-2nd bump might be worth the 3 spots so this seems like a bargain for a potential stud LB.

Wow I don't think so.  LB's go late 1 early 2 and that's for guys that might end up Reuben Foster.  Jamin Davis went 1.08 in 3/4 and 1.09 in the other.  We've got a pretty good indication Queen is real and that 2022 4th-2nd bump might be worth the 3 spots so this seems like a bargain for a potential stud LB.
I get that and with this being the IDP side of things on the forum however I find it much harder to find RB's than LB's and I am a believer in Williams.  So I was thinking more about losing out on Williams.  I agree a stud LB is nice and Queen is showing the part but I have been able to find stud LB's without having to give up that capital.  I haven't really been able to find stud RB's that way.

I have no doubt this trade could end up being a great deal for Queen if Williams flames out.  It just seemed like a bit of an overpay when stating pick 1.05 for Queen is the sticker shock from the deal (the upgrade from 4th to 2nd round in 2022 does help though so maybe not as big of an overpay as I initially thought).  

Zealots league PPR/IDP not SF

Gave Kenneth Murray

Received Alexander Mattison

I had Cook and Mostert/Sermon as RB's that will see time.  I have Zaven Collins, Isaiah Simmons, Barnes, Jayon Brown, Oluokun, Hewitt at LB's.  Figured I could absorb the loss of Murray but really needed a cuff to Cook.  

16 team keeper with IDP

start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, ST. partial PPR.

Gave Tua, Jonnu Smith, Montez Sweat and 2.01

got

Brees, Burton, Calais Campbell and 1.04

Basically spare parts to move up. 

A: (My team) gave up Cunningham, Zach HOU LB; Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.04

B: gave up Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.05

I just took over this team last week and it has depth with studs at DE & LB but is bad at QB & TE and has no depth at RB & WR. Love this trade for me since my LB group is still very good (K.Murray / JaylonSmith / S.Thompson / LVE  / A.Walker / F.Warner) and pick 17 should have some players that fill my needs.

Same league, my team is not involved.

A: gave up Drake, Kenyan LVR RB; David, Lavonte TBB LB; Schobert, Joe JAC LB

B: gave up Ertz, Zach PHI TE; Smith, Preston GBP LB; Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.11; Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.09

Same league, my team is not involved.

A: gave up Drake, Kenyan LVR RB; David, Lavonte TBB LB; Schobert, Joe JAC LB

B: gave up Ertz, Zach PHI TE; Smith, Preston GBP LB; Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.11; Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.09
If team A has the LB depth to part with two of the top 15 LB's then I like the picks.  But that could turn out bad.  

A: (My team) gave up Cunningham, Zach HOU LB; Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.04

B: gave up Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.05

I just took over this team last week and it has depth with studs at DE & LB but is bad at QB & TE and has no depth at RB & WR. Love this trade for me since my LB group is still very good (K.Murray / JaylonSmith / S.Thompson / LVE  / A.Walker / F.Warner) and pick 17 should have some players that fill my needs.
How many LB's do you start?  You have some depth but Cunningham was at the top of that chart for you.  Sounds like you have a lot of holes so I would have liked a little more volume in return so you have more chances to fill the holes.  

If team A has the LB depth to part with two of the top 15 LB's then I like the picks.  But that could turn out bad.  
Team A does not have much behind them. New owner for that team, as well, and looks like a full rebuild strategy. Pretty good trade value-wise. My initial reaction was in favor of the picks. Thinking about it and looking at rosters, it looked really solid for both (assuming rebuild strategy).

How many LB's do you start?  You have some depth but Cunningham was at the top of that chart for you.  Sounds like you have a lot of holes so I would have liked a little more volume in return so you have more chances to fill the holes.  
3-4 LB so almost always 4 LB. Cunningham is likely to stay at the top for a year or 3 based on volume. Articles (including grading/metrics) aren't favorable, though, so I see it as selling high on a guy that will not be sustaining those numbers over the long haul. The other interested teams were offering 2nd round picks but they were late 2nd. The scoring system also favors offense (first IDP on the overall stats page rings in at #66) so the value of a QB/RB/WR/TE in that early second round is exactly what my team needs.

16 team keeper with IDP

start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, ST. partial PPR.

Gave Tua, Jonnu Smith, Montez Sweat and 2.01

got

Brees, Burton, Calais Campbell and 1.04

Basically spare parts to move up. 
Definitely like the strategy. Jumping that far up into early round 1 is great. I do love Montez Sweat, though.

10 TM Dyno

A: Brian Burns

B: Bobby Okereke/Romeo Okwara
Love this deal. Burns is ascending. Okwara... not really expecting much and Okereke is solid but unlikely to be a top tier LB. 

Definitely like the strategy. Jumping that far up into early round 1 is great. I do love Montez Sweat, though.

Love this deal. Burns is ascending. Okwara... not really expecting much and Okereke is solid but unlikely to be a top tier LB. 
Thanks man. We roster 3 DL. My other two are Myles Garrett and JJ Watt. :)

I paid a 2022 2nd (will be late, hopefully 24) for Rousseau, Gregory BUF DE. Owner had him on his Taxi Squad so I made a Taxi Squad claim which cost me a second. Already producing a steady floor with only 56% of snaps and is listed as their starter opposite Hughes in the final year of his deal. Overpay, but he looks like he could be a steal for BUF as a COVID Opt-out. Rolling the dice after multiple owners flat out refused to sell any of the stud DEs. 

For reference, I offered my 22 1st + Sam Darnold + AQMuhammad for Nick Bosa and was rejected with the note that Bosa was not for sale (the owner wanted Darnold). D.Hunter owner was not willing to move him, either. 

I paid a 2022 2nd (will be late, hopefully 24) for Rousseau, Gregory BUF DE. Owner had him on his Taxi Squad so I made a Taxi Squad claim which cost me a second. Already producing a steady floor with only 56% of snaps and is listed as their starter opposite Hughes in the final year of his deal. Overpay, but he looks like he could be a steal for BUF as a COVID Opt-out. Rolling the dice after multiple owners flat out refused to sell any of the stud DEs. 

For reference, I offered my 22 1st + Sam Darnold + AQMuhammad for Nick Bosa and was rejected with the note that Bosa was not for sale (the owner wanted Darnold). D.Hunter owner was not willing to move him, either. 
I have Bosa and I would have a hard time parting with him for that offer.  It's a solid offer but not enough to part with a stud for potentially the next 5 years.   As you stated it is hard to get the top DE's so giving up one really has to be an offer that blows my sox off.  

I have Bosa and I would have a hard time parting with him for that offer.  It's a solid offer but not enough to part with a stud for potentially the next 5 years.   As you stated it is hard to get the top DE's so giving up one really has to be an offer that blows my sox off.  

I own Chase Young and feel the same about him so I definitely understand. DE/TE are the top positions when it comes to scarcity. DE feels even more expensive than TE. Godfather offers or don't bother. Hence my choice to roll the dice that the upside with a late second is a cheap price if it goes well. I'm assuming Rousseau will at least grow into a DE2 and that price won't be bad even for that.

IDP, SF, Contract League with salary cap; Big play scoring (9 pts per sack vs 1 pt per tackle).  Team A is in rebuild.  Team B is in hunt for this year.  Keep 15 players or $250 salary from year to year.  Starting requirements  Q/R/R/W/W/T/SF/K/P/DL/DL/LB/LB/DB/DB/Flex (any IDP spot)

Other notes of interest:

• salaries escalate if a player finishes in top 15 scoring for the year at their position.  The escalation varies depending on how high on the list.  A top 5 finish escalates to the average of the top 5 salaries of the position.  11th-15th goes up $5.  
  • Top 5 round draft picks have added value because you need one of those to participate in the restricted free agent auction.  If you get a player in the auction you use the draft pick slot to acquire the player.  If you don't have a pick you can't get a player even if you have cap space to do so.  This elevates the trade value of 5th round picks as the pick loss starts in the 5th round and then goes forward from there (4th, 3rd, 2nd, etc)

Team A receives:

• Za'Darius Smith ($1 will not escalate so salary remains at $1 for 2022)
  • 2022 5th round pick (RFA eligible pick)
  • 2022 16th round pick (start of the $1 salary draft slots)
  • Terrace Marshall ($5)
Team B receives:

• Harold Landry ($1 but is currently #3 overall LB and set to escalate to $31 if he maintains top 5 status)
  • Cordarelle Patterson ($10) - currently #17 scoring WR
  • 2022 22nd Round pick (out of a 25 round draft)

Lots to digest, especially the draft pick piece w/keep 15. Still, a pretty clear case of Team A receiving earlier picks, and a pair of potential studs with Smith injured and Marshall looking solid. Moves top scorers that will impede the path to 1st overall pick in the process. I like it for the building team. Obviously great for the team looking to win. CPatt could be solid for a few years in the role he has - and assuming ATL resigns him. 

Lots to digest, especially the draft pick piece w/keep 15. Still, a pretty clear case of Team A receiving earlier picks, and a pair of potential studs with Smith injured and Marshall looking solid. Moves top scorers that will impede the path to 1st overall pick in the process. I like it for the building team. Obviously great for the team looking to win. CPatt could be solid for a few years in the role he has - and assuming ATL resigns him. 
Yep.  I agree.  I think it is a great trade for both teams based on their current positions.  

16 team/ Deep rosters/scoring leans toward big play; I'm in a total rebuild and hoping by 2023 I'm competing for playoff spot

I gave: Jarrad Davis, Jordan Howard

I got: Rashan Gary

Reading good things on Gary and decided to take a shot on his development

BigAl21 said:
16 team/ Deep rosters/scoring leans toward big play; I'm in a total rebuild and hoping by 2023 I'm competing for playoff spot

I gave: Jarrad Davis, Jordan Howard

I got: Rashan Gary

Reading good things on Gary and decided to take a shot on his development
I like Gary's potential in big play scoring.  I have worries about Za'Darius' back injury and Gary should get a chance to develop some.  Stashing him for a year to see things play out is worth it considering you gave up nothing to get him.  

Not primarily IDP but:

Zeke, Devin Bush for Waddle, late 21 1st

12 team SF with high IDP scoring (2/1 for T/A, 6 for sacks/TOs)

Not primarily IDP but:

Zeke, Devin Bush for Waddle, late 21 1st

12 team SF with high IDP scoring (2/1 for T/A, 6 for sacks/TOs)
I like it for both sides. Probably a bit light for Zeke & Bush but Bush is not looking like a mega stud. Could still be buy low on him, but I think Waddle will be a stud. Presumably a win-now vs. build for later trade, with the team getting Zeke thrilled about the huge boost to their championship chances this year.

Users who are viewing this thread