What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Dynasty IDP trades - COMPLETED trades only please (1 Viewer)

Gave Damien Harris, Eno Benjamin

Got Khalil Herbert, Brian Burns

A move for the future.
I'm really confused by this, actually. Harris is a sell for Burns? What kind of scoring do you have?

I can see the Benjamin for Herbert swap, I guess, but Monty is there through next year while Edmonds and Conner are free agents after this year.

I don't see this as a good deal for you.

I'm really confused by this, actually. Harris is a sell for Burns? What kind of scoring do you have?

I can see the Benjamin for Herbert swap, I guess, but Monty is there through next year while Edmonds and Conner are free agents after this year.

Whether Edmonds and Connor are free agents next year may not be relevant. I don't see Eno as a reliable back for any sustained period of time. I see thatt potential in Herbert for sure and Burns is a stud DE, which in my IDPs, is golden. Harris might be phased into straight committee back with Stevenson there late '21 - '22. I personally like the deal if DE scores anything like in my IDP league

Whether Edmonds and Connor are free agents next year may not be relevant. I don't see Eno as a reliable back for any sustained period of time. I see thatt potential in Herbert for sure and Burns is a stud DE, which in my IDPs, is golden. Harris might be phased into straight committee back with Stevenson there late '21 - '22. I personally like the deal if DE scores anything like in my IDP league
Burns is 23, i love his potential. Eno is nothing more than depth. I view Harris exactly as you do, and thats the only reason i made the deal. Felt like it was a sell high. Being a bears fan i may value Herbert a lil more than most. 

I prefer the picks and shot at Rice to have an extended role next year. Great move on from Singleton right now as his snap count is plummeting each week. TJ Edwards has completely taken over snaps. 
The other owner lowballed me on an offer for Roquan Smith (arguing that he wasn't that valuable because he was putting up good numbers this season, but could end up like Zach Cunningham next season 🙄). So, I countered with a trade involving Singleton. He rejected it and a few days later countered with this offer. He's an Eagles homer too!

Last edited by a moderator:

DE is definitely the scarce position in this deal, which closes the value gap some, I think. Valuation of Harris certainly depends on tolerance for BB's RB usage. In general, NE RBs are a pain in the ### to own. Herbert provides the upside in this deal that also closes the gap. It also removes Harris (who has potential for some big weeks down the stretch) from the lineup, which is good for the tankin' this year. :)

Yeah, you know what? I traded Harris for a second and third at the beginning of the year, so maybe it's just because I got burned on that deal. I think, in retrospect, too much was made of Belichick's non-traditional use of backs and I sold for a song.

So it seems like a fair trade, anyway.

Although Kingsbury has said he has seen a change in Eno this season vs last season. So, he could ascend to the Edmonds' role next season.

"Eno Benjamin is expected to see more playing time and touches with Chase Edmonds (ankle) sidelined. 

Impressive athletically coming out of Arizona State in 2020, Benjamin had just two carries headed into Week 9. Edmonds went down with what appears to be a multi-week ankle injury and Benjamin saw nine carries -- one of which he took 21 yards for a touchdown. The explosive second year back has drawn praise from Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury. "Last year, he was trying to figure it out and I truly didn't know if he would make it," Kingsbury said of Benjamin. "This year he's like a different person, the work ethic, the focus. Any time he touches the ball he has a chance to do something special." Benjamin can be penciled in for eight to ten touches -- depending on game script -- while James Conner leads the Arizona backfield in the coming weeks. He should be picked up in all 12-team leagues. Benjamin would become an instant RB2 if Conner were to miss time. "

Source: AZCardinals.com

If Stevenson makes the Pats backfield a timeshare i like my trade even more.
It's why I traded Harris for a second and third in an IDP league where thirds mean something at the beginning of the year. I didn't trust Belichick and that he brought in another back relatively earlier in the draft (third or fourth round) was telling. We shall see about Stevenson and his usage. 

Dynasty, Salary Cap, start 2 DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 Flex,  Big Play Scoring (1 pt per tackle & 8 pts per sack - divided between sack, QBH, TFL)

Jordan Hicks ($10) & Darius Leonard ($10)

For

Okereke ($1), Isaiah Simmons ($10), & 12th round pick (we draft 25 rounds and keep 15 players - draft is rookie/free agents)

Dynasty, Salary Cap, start 2 DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 Flex,  Big Play Scoring (1 pt per tackle & 8 pts per sack - divided between sack, QBH, TFL)

Jordan Hicks ($10) & Darius Leonard ($10)

For

Okereke ($1), Isaiah Simmons ($10), & 12th round pick (we draft 25 rounds and keep 15 players - draft is rookie/free agents)

Decent deal, though I'd prefer to get the mega stud that is Leonard. TBH, I was a bit surprised to find Okereke in the top 12 across my leagues, though. With Hicks a potential cap casualty next year, the deal could definitely favor Team B here as quickly as next year.

Decent deal, though I'd prefer to get the mega stud that is Leonard. TBH, I was a bit surprised to find Okereke in the top 12 across my leagues, though. With Hicks a potential cap casualty next year, the deal could definitely favor Team B here as quickly as next year.
I see it about the same as you.  A little more added info though is the current LB scoring ranks based on our scoring system:

• Leonard - #10
  • Okereke - #24
  • Hicks - #26
  • Simmons #33

Okereke slides down in value because our scoring is so much big play biased and Leonard does it all.  I hate to lose Simmons but I had to do it to get Leonard.

Also we can only keep 15 players year to year so Simmons and Okereke would likely not be kept where Leonard will be kept.  I received Leonard in the deal (I try not to say which side I am on to try and get unbiased responses).  

I see it about the same as you.  A little more added info though is the current LB scoring ranks based on our scoring system:

• Leonard - #10
  • Okereke - #24
  • Hicks - #26
  • Simmons #33

Okereke slides down in value because our scoring is so much big play biased and Leonard does it all.  I hate to lose Simmons but I had to do it to get Leonard.

Also we can only keep 15 players year to year so Simmons and Okereke would likely not be kept where Leonard will be kept.  I received Leonard in the deal (I try not to say which side I am on to try and get unbiased responses).  
Originally I liked the deal better for the other side, but that was based on a "keep everyone forever" thought process.  The limited keepers could easily shift the deal to you with Leonard's long-term value (if nothing else, you should be able to flip Leonard anytime in the next few seasons).  Solid trade though...Okereke & Simmons for $11 is nice as well.

Flying Elvis said:
2022 4th (late) for Al-Shaair.

I had Warner and immediately offered for Azeez early last week. 
good for immediate help which it looks like you were going for.  Not sure about long term help with everyone healthy but it doesn't really matter at this point. 

I know this is supposed to be for completed trades only but since it's slow in here I thought I would put down this beauty of an offer I received yesterday (It's PPR, Zealots):

• Golladay
  • Devante Parker
  • Tre'Quan Smith
  • Juwan Johnson
  • 6th rounder
for

• Adrian Peterson
  • Davante Adams (WR5)
  • De'Vondre Campbell (LB9)
  • Foye Oluokun (LB3)
Comments:  Thoughts? Counter?

I just don't understand throwing out something this bad as it doesn't even lend itself to a discussion.  Ugh.  Thanks for the venting space.

A minor deal went down with a potential good LB in on of my leagues.  It's full IDP, Big Play Scoring, start DL/DL/LB/LB/DB/DB/Flex,  12 teams.

You can only keep 15 players (or $250) going into the year so spots are valuable.  Here was the deal:

Team A received:

• Jamaal Williams ($5)
  • Noah Fant ($17)
Team B received:

• Jamin Davis ($7)

I think this was giving up on Davis way too soon.  I would have liked to have tried to get him but I just don't have room as my LB's are (Campbell, Landry, Ojulari, Leonard).  Remember - big play scoring so Landry and Ojulari are top 10 and 20 potential  respectively.  But I just don't see giving up on Davis yet.  

A minor deal went down with a potential good LB in on of my leagues.  It's full IDP, Big Play Scoring, start DL/DL/LB/LB/DB/DB/Flex,  12 teams.

You can only keep 15 players (or $250) going into the year so spots are valuable.  Here was the deal:

Team A received:

• Jamaal Williams ($5)
  • Noah Fant ($17)
Team B received:

• Jamin Davis ($7)

I think this was giving up on Davis way too soon.  I would have liked to have tried to get him but I just don't have room as my LB's are (Campbell, Landry, Ojulari, Leonard).  Remember - big play scoring so Landry and Ojulari are top 10 and 20 potential  respectively.  But I just don't see giving up on Davis yet.  
Yea that's a good get for the Davis side. Williams is meh and Fant in the Seattle Offense will be meh in terms of this trade.

I think the key there was the roster spot/money value (gained 1 slot/$15) which could be a big deal in that system. 

Yea that's a good get for the Davis side. Williams is meh and Fant in the Seattle Offense will be meh in terms of this trade.

I think the key there was the roster spot/money value (gained 1 slot/$15) which could be a big deal in that system. 
I asked the guy that traded away Jamin why he soured on him so fast and he said because he isn't going to be the Mike and he doesn't rush the passer.  Since our league being is big play scoring getting sacks is huge.  But giving up on a talent like Jamin so quick seems like a bad idea.  I would expect him even on the weak side to put up decent tackle numbers and he should be on the field for 3 downs giving him PD's and other opportunities.  It was just an odd move in my mind.  

Definitely seems like a foolish trade. Two roster spots filled by players with low quality situations instead of 1 roster spot and the cost goes up against the cap? Hard pass. SEA has zero upside at TE under Carroll and now they have a bad QB situation to boot and Williams needs an injury to be relevant. The team getting Williams as a handcuff b/c they own Akers is the only way it makes even a little sense to me.

Definitely seems like a foolish trade. Two roster spots filled by players with low quality situations instead of 1 roster spot and the cost goes up against the cap? Hard pass. SEA has zero upside at TE under Carroll and now they have a bad QB situation to boot and Williams needs an injury to be relevant. The team getting Williams as a handcuff b/c they own Akers is the only way it makes even a little sense to me.
The thing is none of these players are likely to be kept by Team A.  It's part of the reason he was ok with trading Jamin.  He wasn't going to keep him anyway.  Our league only keeps 15 players (out of 45 roster spots) so the keeper spot is very valuable and many times you have to make tough decisions on who to throw back.  We set up the league to make these choices be difficult if you have a good team.  

That being said, I am not sure why he traded Jamin away even if he wasn't going to keep him for players he likely won't keep either.  It was a very baffling trade in my eyes.  Bottom line is Team A thinks Jamin is useless with his current weak side spot so he didn't care about moving him.   Trade him for draft picks or someone you want matching rights to in the auction or some value.  Just an odd move.  

I really posted the trade to see what people think of Jamin's prospects moving forward.  This guy thinks he is a wasted spot on the weak side.  I think he will be productive there and could be solid.  Time will tell.  

Salary Cap ($250), keep 15, full IDP (big play scoring DT premium), 12 teams, SF

Start: Q/R/R/W/W/T/SF/K/P/DL/DL/LB/LB/DB/DB/Flex

Team A received:
Team B received:
  • Quinnen Williams ($8)
  • 2024 2nd Round pick

Who got taken at 2.
Salary Cap ($250), keep 15, full IDP (big play scoring DT premium), 12 teams, SF

Team A received:
Team B received:
  • Quinnen Williams ($8)
  • 2024 2nd Round pick
who got taken at 2.7 and 3.7. How much premium are we talking. Like what do you want to start in your flex. We give premium to DL and still most want to start 3-4 over 4-3 in my home league.

Who got taken at 2.

Team A received:
Team B received:
  • Quinnen Williams ($8)
  • 2024 2nd Round pick
who got taken at 2.7 and 3.7. How much premium are we talking. Like what do you want to start in your flex. We give premium to DL and still most want to start 3-4 over 4-3 in my home league.
It's pick 23.07 not 3.07. 15 players are kept and then we draft 25 rounds. The draft is obviously rookie and free agents inter mixed. Although the 23rd rounder is very low value. Essentially it's pick 2.07 for QW and a 2024 2nd rounder.

The draft hasn't taken place yet so don't know what it will be used for.

DT premium is basically 2 pts per tackle vs 1 pt for everyone else. Also 12 total pts for a sack vs 9 pts. As an example QW was the 15th DL last year (and he missed 2 games)

12 team PPR with a single flex offensive lineup and 2/2/2 plus 2 idp flex (have to be different positions).

Gave 1.10
Received Chase Young, Bobby Wagner, 23 2nd likely mid

Needed help at LB and wasn’t getting bites on others.

12 team PPR with a single flex offensive lineup and 2/2/2 plus 2 idp flex (have to be different positions).

Gave 1.10

Should be a great 1 (maybe 2?) year plug in at LB and Young as a kicker is stellar upside option. I like it - though I believe Young is the stud we saw as a rookie, not the flop from last year.

Gave 1.10

Let's be real. That was outright theft. Good job using the force.

A: gave up Kelce, Travis KCC TE; Donald, Aaron LAR DT; Bolton, Nick KCC LB; Year 2022 Draft Pick 6.03
B: gave up McLaurin, Terry WAS WR; Knox, Dawson BUF TE; Holcomb, Cole WAS LB; Year 2022 Draft Pick 1.09; Year 2022 Draft Pick 3.09
I'm team B in this one. Mahomes/Hill owner and wanted the upgrade to Kelce now that Hill got shipped to MIA. Also historically weak at DL so getting Donald is huge. Deep at WR and LB so McLaurin/Holcomb will be missed emotionally but not so much in my lineup.

C: gave up Williams, Leonard NYG DE; Greenlaw, Dre SFO LB; Year 2023 Round 4 Draft Pick from Wolverine Hunter
A: gave up Mariota, Marcus ATL QB; Warren, Jaylen PIT RB; Werner, Pete NOS LB; Year 2023 Round 6 Draft Pick from Jelly Bird
Same Team A as above but different trade partner.

A: gave up Kelce, Travis KCC TE; Donald, Aaron LAR DT; Bolton, Nick KCC LB; Year 2022 Draft Pick 6.03
B: gave up McLaurin, Terry WAS WR; Knox, Dawson BUF TE; Holcomb, Cole WAS LB; Year 2022 Draft Pick 1.09; Year 2022 Draft Pick 3.09
I'm team B in this one. Mahomes/Hill owner and wanted the upgrade to Kelce now that Hill got shipped to MIA. Also historically weak at DL so getting Donald is huge. Deep at WR and LB so McLaurin/Holcomb will be missed emotionally but not so much in my lineup.
I really like this deal for you. I like Bolton better than Holcomb for long term value and in a DT required league (assuming that is the case here) you got the best of the best. I think you paid up for it but I like the deal from your end. I think both sides got solid pieces and am guessing I would probably like the deal from the other side as well.

C: gave up Williams, Leonard NYG DE; Greenlaw, Dre SFO LB; Year 2023 Round 4 Draft Pick from Wolverine Hunter
A: gave up Mariota, Marcus ATL QB; Warren, Jaylen PIT RB; Werner, Pete NOS LB; Year 2023 Round 6 Draft Pick from Jelly Bird
Same Team A as above but different trade partner.
I like Greenlaw better than Werner at this point (that may change if Al-Shaair is the guy over Greenlaw in week 1) so I likely take what Team C is giving up as my preference. But this is a roster specific deal it seems so it may be good for both. Even deal.

Traded Kirksey for Chandler Jones.

I have loads of depth at LB (unlikely to start Kirksey), and needed depth at DE. Been wanting to move Kirksey for some time.

Traded Kirksey for Chandler Jones.

I have loads of depth at LB (unlikely to start Kirksey), and needed depth at DE. Been wanting to move Kirksey for some time.
Jones will hopefully turn it around. Right now Crosby is gobbling up all the stats but I think Jones will turn it around at some point.

Dealt Devin Bush (2 year deal) for Brian Burns (1 year left) in a 16-team dynasty where we start DT, DE separately. I think I got a good deal there, as I am fairly loaded at LB and Bush would have been my 1st or even 2nd off the bench for bye weeks, and needed a DE with Chase Young on IR.

Dealt Devin Bush (2 year deal) for Brian Burns (1 year left) in a 16-team dynasty where we start DT, DE separately. I think I got a good deal there, as I am fairly loaded at LB and Bush would have been my 1st or even 2nd off the bench for bye weeks, and needed a DE with Chase Young on IR.
I agree. Bush has really disappointed over time and I don't see him as an impact guy moving forward. I also like Burns a lot especially if he is considered DL

I agree. Bush has really disappointed over time and I don't see him as an impact guy moving forward. I also like Burns a lot especially if he is considered DL

I had hopes that Bush would regain some of his tackle volume, as did my trade partner. Also - he was loaded at DE and was able to afford losing him for a dart throw at a once-productive LB.

Yeah, Burns is DL in MFL and he's been more than solid thus far. Have you seen him at LB anywhere? Ourlads has him as DE.

Yeah, Burns is DL in MFL and he's been more than solid thus far. Have you seen him at LB anywhere? Ourlads has him as DE.
I know there was some discussion at some.point when he and Allen were coming in. I might be confusing the two as now that I think about it Burns has been DL

12 team PPR Superflex.
Gave: Taysom Hill, Cameron Jordan
Received: Chase Young, 2023 4th (probably 7-10 range).
I am assuming this is in a dynasty format. I like it for Dynasty purposes and Young is worth the gamble and Jordan is getting up there in age. Seems like a contender/rebuilder type deal that should be good for both sides.

12 team PPR Superflex.
Gave: Taysom Hill, Cameron Jordan
Received: Chase Young, 2023 4th (probably 7-10 range).
I am assuming this is in a dynasty format. I like it for Dynasty purposes and Young is worth the gamble and Jordan is getting up there in age. Seems like a contender/rebuilder type deal that should be good for both sides.
Yes it is a dynasty league. Since the thread title is "2022 IDP Dynasty Trades", I didn't mention the league type.

I've got the top team in a 12 team league and just made win-now trades to (hopefully) push my team over the top. (Same league as above where I acquired Kelce to stack with Mahomes)

Gave 2023 1st for Derwin James
Gave 2023 3rd for Cam Heyward

Gave 2023 1st for Derwin James
Gave 2023 3rd for Cam Heyward

Seems really expensive for a DB. I would think you could find similar production streaming or for a lesser pick withe the flavor of the year like Elliott or Neal

Definitely expensive but we have 50 man rosters plus 5 Taxi and up to 9 IR spots so the wire tends to be fairly thin. Elliott has been on a roster all season and Neal was snapped up by a team with a higher claim when I lost Jamal Adams to IR.

I offered a 2nd + Tranquil for James 2 weeks ago and the owner didn't even respond. I also tried to acquire Brandon Jones a few weeks ago and the (different) owner was trying to get the (very high) 2nd round I had acquired and was not into my (very late) 2nd.

Definitely expensive but we have 50 man rosters plus 5 Taxi and up to 9 IR spots so the wire tends to be fairly thin. Elliott has been on a roster all season and Neal was snapped up by a team with a higher claim when I lost Jamal Adams to IR.

That definitely changes things a bit. I haven't been in a league where I couldn't find a startable DB off waivers for nothing. Sounds like this is a totally different beast. I still don't think I could give up a 1st for a DB (even of James' caliber) but Title pushes make us do things we normally wouldn't think of doing. I hope it works out for you.

That definitely changes things a bit. I haven't been in a league where I couldn't find a startable DB off waivers for nothing. Sounds like this is a totally different beast. I still don't think I could give up a 1st for a DB (even of James' caliber) but Title pushes make us do things we normally wouldn't think of doing. I hope it works out for you.

I agree. Parting with a 1st rounder in dynasty for a DB would have been really hard for me to stomach. I probably would have gone to every team in the league to find something cheaper.

Needed some DL girth with me only having DJ Jones and Trey Hendrickson (who had a stinger prior to Week 8 and looked to tweak his mid-lower back against CLE) worth a damn.

DL doesn't score a ton in this particular league so I wasn't wanting to break the bank but I did want some more juice.

I was offered - and took - this deal:

Gave up:
Chase Claypool (4 year deal), and I already start Diggs, Hopkins and Evans with CSamuel as backup
DJ Jones (1)
Yetur Gross-Matos (DTS)
'23 3rd (will be bottom end of round)
'23 4th (also bottom end)

Got:
Allen Robinson (2), hey why not... he's shown a slight pulse
Gregory Rousseau (4)
Grover Stewart (1)
'23 2nd (could be in the middle)
'23 3rd (could be in the middle)

I'm a Bears fan and just don't trust Claypool at all. Guess this other owner wanted him as the prize and was willing to give up Rousseau (DL28 in this league format) and Stewart (DL3). The pick upgrades were just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. It was a snap accept.

Needed some DL girth with me only having DJ Jones and Trey Hendrickson (who had a stinger prior to Week 8 and looked to tweak his mid-lower back against CLE) worth a damn.

DL doesn't score a ton in this particular league so I wasn't wanting to break the bank but I did want some more juice.

I was offered - and took - this deal:

Gave up:
Chase Claypool (4 year deal), and I already start Diggs, Hopkins and Evans with CSamuel as backup
DJ Jones (1)
Yetur Gross-Matos (DTS)
'23 3rd (will be bottom end of round)
'23 4th (also bottom end)

Got:
Allen Robinson (2), hey why not... he's shown a slight pulse
Gregory Rousseau (4)
Grover Stewart (1)
'23 2nd (could be in the middle)
'23 3rd (could be in the middle)

I'm a Bears fan and just don't trust Claypool at all. Guess this other owner wanted him as the prize and was willing to give up Rousseau (DL28 in this league format) and Stewart (DL3). The pick upgrades were just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. It was a snap accept.
I kind of like the other side of things because of Claypool but if you are down on him then I can see where you like the other side. I also am not sold the Steward keeps up his current pace but so far so good. It definitely is an overall improvement for your DL and since that was your goal it's good for you.

IDP (Big Play Socring) , Salary Cap ($250 for freezes only - no cap in season), SF, Lineup Q/R/R/W/W/T/SF DL/DL/LB/LB/DB/DB/IDP Flex

NOTE: Freeze 15 players year to year and if a player finishes top 15 at his position he is subject to salary escalation if in final year of contract.

Team A gets:
  • Lamar Jackson ($75+)
  • Zadarius Smith ($1+) - Currently LB4 & overall 43
  • Talanoa Hufanga ($10+) - Currently DB2 & overall 42
  • 2023 early 11th Round pick (value equivalent to a 4th round rookie pick in most leagues)
Team B gets:
  • Breece Hall ($10/2024)
  • Harold Landry ($6)
  • Devondre Campbell ($5/2023)
  • Kameron Curl ($10+) - Currently DB122
  • 2023 late 2nd round pick (value similar to most rookie draft late 2nd round pick)

NOTE: Draft pick values are not like normal draft pick values as discussed here. Due to the nature of the draft (25 rounds) and salary structure later picks hold value much differently than typical rookie draft pick values. The top end (first two rounds) mimic typical rookie drafts (95% rookies taken) but then it becomes more free agent dominate and rookies fall. For example, OBJ was taken in the 11th round in his rookie year. The 11th round is where salary drops from $5 to $3 so it has added value because of that drop.

Obviously Team A is going for it this year and Team B is playing for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread