What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 IDP News and Notes (1 Viewer)

I was shocked when I saw the Giants released Martinez. My money is on McFadden to be the man now, or sooner rather than later. I just hope Martinez doesn't go somewhere to leapfrog an up and comer! That happens too often :/

Is Caden Sterns going to be on the field a decent amount in sub packages? Looking for a 4th safety and things are pretty dry on the wire. Might have to consider playing a CB

Is Caden Sterns going to be on the field a decent amount in sub packages? Looking for a 4th safety and things are pretty dry on the wire. Might have to consider playing a CB
I wouldn't count on him to do much unless there is an injury. Tough to say if he is better than your other choices if you don't list who you are deciding between.

SHAQUILLE LEONARD: RULED OUT FOR SEASON OPENER

(RotoWire) Leonard (back) has been ruled out for Sunday's season opener against the Texans, Mike Chappell of Fox 59 News Indianapolis reports.

Analysis: Leonard logged a full practice Wednesday but was limited Thursday and Friday. Colts head coach Frank Reich said Leonard is still making good progress, but he added that the "best thing for our team" is to hold him out for the season opener. The All-Pro linebacker underwent back surgery in June, and despite positive progress, Indianapolis has remained cautious with its stud linebacker. In his absence, JoJo Domann, E.J. Speed and Grant Stuard are all candidates for increased roles.

Also reported on ESPN:

Via Rapsheet:

Game statuses:
-- Giants listed LB Azeez Ojulary (calf) and LB Kayvon Thibodeaux (knee) as doubtful.

What happened with Quinnen Williams? He only had a pass defensed and no tackles at all? I was at a bar so I was watching the game from a distance and I didn't seem in the game much (at least when I would watch that game across the room). Just wondering if something happened to him.

ETA: It appears he did not get hurt and played a full compliment of snaps. No tackles vs the Ravens seems concerning

Last edited:
Khalil Mack officially back? He could compete for DPOY if fully back to form and linking up across from Joey Bosa.

Thoughts?

Khalil Mack officially back? He could compete for DPOY if fully back to form and linking up across from Joey Bosa.

Thoughts?
I think so. He is on a good team that should be playing with the lead and has a great pass rusher opposite him so he can't be the sole focus. I think he has a huge season.

Apparently TJ Watt has a partial tear so they are going to rehab and get him back. Estimated 4-6 weeks. Good news I guess but I would be very leery of him getting reinjured. I think Highsmith is a good add in big play scoring leagues if he is available. He looked good on Sunday. Not sure how no Watt will change things but it's at least worth a gamble IMO.

Apparently TJ Watt has a partial tear so they are going to rehab and get him back. Estimated 4-6 weeks. Good news I guess but I would be very leery of him getting reinjured. I think Highsmith is a good add in big play scoring leagues if he is available. He looked good on Sunday. Not sure how no Watt will change things but it's at least worth a gamble IMO.
Yeah Highsmith is a solid add but if you miss out on him, Spillane may be worthy of a look. Runs from a different spot but could see an uptick in production.

Rest of season rankings in League Dominator that didn't fit with snap percentages for me:

DB56 Adrian Amos
DB68 Mike Edwards
DB73 Vonn Bell
DB76 Taylor Rapp
DB111 Rayshawn Jenkins

100% snaps, a good amount in the box. Maybe they didn't score great in week 1, but box snaps mean tackles going forward unless you're Chuck Clark. Top 50 for me on all these guys (I'm a CB hater).

DL74 George Karlaftis
DL90 Darrell Taylor

About 80% snap share this week, low stats... those snaps make them more like DL50 for me.

LB37 Drue Tranquill
LB88 Kenneth Murray

Murray outsnapped Tranquill 71% to 60%... seems like they should be something more like LB50 for Murray and LB60 for Tranquill.

LB59 Divine Deablo
94% snaps, wore the dot, huge distance to next LB in snaps (Jayon Brown 66%)... not great production, but this role means he's top 40 - we have our top 40 or so here: https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/week-1-idp-waiver-wire.806216/post-24187632

LB87 Frankie Luvu
85% of snaps led the team. Maybe they're easing Shaq in and Luvu will drop off... but I'd have him top 50 in case he's taken over the top role there.

Rest of season rankings in League Dominator that didn't fit with snap percentages for me:

DB56 Adrian Amos
DB68 Mike Edwards
DB73 Vonn Bell
DB76 Taylor Rapp
DB111 Rayshawn Jenkins

100% snaps, a good amount in the box. Maybe they didn't score great in week 1, but box snaps mean tackles going forward unless you're Chuck Clark. Top 50 for me on all these guys (I'm a CB hater).

DL74 George Karlaftis
DL90 Darrell Taylor

About 80% snap share this week, low stats... those snaps make them more like DL50 for me.

LB37 Drue Tranquill
LB88 Kenneth Murray

Murray outsnapped Tranquill 71% to 60%... seems like they should be something more like LB50 for Murray and LB60 for Tranquill.

LB59 Divine Deablo
94% snaps, wore the dot, huge distance to next LB in snaps (Jayon Brown 66%)... not great production, but this role means he's top 40 - we have our top 40 or so here: https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/week-1-idp-waiver-wire.806216/post-24187632

LB87 Frankie Luvu
85% of snaps led the team. Maybe they're easing Shaq in and Luvu will drop off... but I'd have him top 50 in case he's taken over the top role there.

Please elaborate on the Chuck Clark reference as I picked him up this week. I know he had a down year last year compared to 2020, but should he not be relied on as a DB3-4?

DB56 Adrian Amos
DB68 Mike Edwards
DB73 Vonn Bell
DB76 Taylor Rapp
DB111 Rayshawn Jenkins

DL74 George Karlaftis
DL90 Darrell Taylor

LB37 Drue Tranquill
LB88 Kenneth Murray

LB59 Divine Deablo

LB87 Frankie Luvu

Please elaborate on the Chuck Clark reference as I picked him up this week. I know he had a down year last year compared to 2020, but should he not be relied on as a DB3-4?
Just a joke that he (and Jaquiski Tartt) had great roles on paper and weren’t very useful last season. Alex Anzalone and Jermaine Carter were the LB equivalents.

DB76 Taylor Rapp
Don't disagree about top 50, but I cut the cord anyway. Between his average play, Scott constantly being around the ball, and both E Jones and Fuller making a pitch for more playing time I'm not willing to bet he retains a 100% role.

Low stats are tough to look at when you are holding someone or looking hard at certain players on the wire that you are interested in. But, its only week one and some owners don't have the patience to hold. I am still guilty of this sometimes.

Last season, week 1: Cameron Jordan, Charles Harris, Trey Hendrickson and Carlos Dunlap combined for 0 points. Leonard Williams, Robert Quin and Sam Hubbard all scored 5 points or less. All of them finished near the top 15, a few of them inside the top 10.

LB37 Drue Tranquill
LB88 Kenneth Murray

Never mind - they swapped back in game 2. Tranquill 84%, Murray 47%. I’d still have Tranquill lower than 37, but not by a ton.

Quinnen Williams had a decent game but in the GURU not pad he said he had a foot injury. Does anybody have any info on this injury?

Quinnen Williams had a decent game but in the GURU not pad he said he had a foot injury. Does anybody have any info on this injury?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's been dealing with a foot problem since camp started a couple months ago. It's obviously flared up since he went from 64% of the snaps last week to a goose egg yesterday (well according to our snap count numbers).... but my Googling shows that he did play and just didn't get back into the game. So I dunno.

Definitely something to watch. Maybe hit up a Jets homer board for more info.

Edit: Football Outsiders (which is super reliable for snap count numbers) says he played 40 snaps (57%) this week. I'm gonna find out where we get our snap count info from.

Edit: Football Outsiders (which is super reliable for snap count numbers) says he played 40 snaps (57%) this week. I'm gonna find out where we get our snap count info from
I know he played because he had 3 tackles and a half a sack (at least that is what MFL showed in my scoring summary).

Willie Gay suspended for four games (at the moment). Kind of a shocker as it was totally off my radar.

I really like the top 200 forward IDP rankings being out on Tuesday this year. If I remember correctly, it was Wednesday previously.

I really like the top 200 forward IDP rankings being out on Tuesday this year. If I remember correctly, it was Wednesday previously.

Where do you find it? Is it under articles or rankings.. I may be blind, but I can't find it.

Where do you find it? Is it under articles or rankings.. I may be blind, but I can't find it.
I found the "Rest of Season" rankings on the Weekly "Everything Season Long - Week 3" page but it has more than 200 players ranked. I believe this is what is being referenced. I can't find a "Top 200 Forward" rankings.

Sorry, it used to be called Top 200 Forward, now it's just Rest of Season Rankings, through the myfootballguys stuff.

Any details on box vs. deep safety alignment in HOU? Owens with back to back games that sure look like SS tackle numbers while Pitre does far less.

Sounds like Blake Martinez met with the Ravens the other day and is meeting with the Raiders today.

Does he have anything left in the tank? Any other good fits for him (just saw Walker out for season in Cleveland).

Any thoughts on the Curl / Forrest splits going forward. Am sitting Forrest for Love this week
I would guess this week will shed some light. I have Curl and I am sitting him for Love this week as well so I can see how things shake out. I have a sneaky suspicion that they will kill each other's value and make them end of bench depth

Thank you @Tick And yes, as you said, we now call it Rest of Season rankings instead of Top 200 Forward as we felt that was a bit more clear.

And yes, in previous years, this was out later in the week. But IDP folks asked for it to be earlier and we put the resources and money toward making that happen for folks.

Sounds like Blake Martinez met with the Ravens the other day and is meeting with the Raiders today.

Does he have anything left in the tank? Any other good fits for him (just saw Walker out for season in Cleveland).
I picked him up when he hit waivers in one league, so I’ll cut a player to hold him for a but… but I wouldn’t trade anything for him.

Devin Bush jumped to 76% and put up an excellent line with 6T 5A. No idea if it'll be a fluke but I saw no injury or reduction elsewhere. Possibly just a run heavy scheme that won't happen again. And, as fair warning, I had dropped him prior to the TNF game and have now re-acquired him, thus all but ensuring a return to JAGness.

Myles Garrett (shoulder, biceps) is questionable for Week 4 against the Falcons.​

As is Jadeveon Clowney (ankle). Neither player was seen on the practice field Friday, however, so they are likely on the doubtful side of questionable. A banged-up Cleveland defense is setting up as a good matchup for Marcus Mariota and company.

Users who are viewing this thread