What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 IDP News and Notes (1 Viewer)

Anybody have any idea why this article...https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-idp-dynasty-stock-market-week05
(Dynasty Stock Market) requires the Hall of Fame plan to access, rather than the Elite plan?

Anybody have any idea why this article...https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-idp-dynasty-stock-market-week05
(Dynasty Stock Market) requires the Hall of Fame plan to access, rather than the Elite plan?
I am having the same problem, I sent @Joe Bryant a message about it, probably a tag that was applied incorrectly that caused it to go HOF content.

Devin Bush jumped to 76% and put up an excellent line with 6T 5A. No idea if it'll be a fluke but I saw no injury or reduction elsewhere. Possibly just a run heavy scheme that won't happen again. And, as fair warning, I had dropped him prior to the TNF game and have now re-acquired him, thus all but ensuring a return to JAGness.

Up to 83% this weekend and his 6T stat line may be enough that he's not a top waiver target but PT is what matters most. Time to grab him if he's still on the wire.

Panthers placed S Jeremy Chinn (hamstring) on injured reserve.​

Chinn will miss at least the next four weeks. It's quite a blow to the Carolina secondary, which, according to Pro Football Focus, is the 12th best in the league through Week 4. He has 17 tackles and one quarterback pressure this season.

Norton had bumped up the projection for Myles Garrett to 9.93 going into the weekend. Sometime this AM he adjusted the projection to a 0 (only slightly above it).

With the fact Garrett is active and there have been no reports (that I have seen) of any setback over the weekend, I have no idea if this was a mistake (certainly appears to be) or an intentional downgrade due to information he gleaned.

Either way... in these situations it would be awesome if there could be some note or explanation somewhere (maybe the game day news page if not the rankings page). I used to really appreciate the brief notes Bloom would put next to guys he ranked who were a bit out of line with the others (or expectations). I found his notes of explanation helpful and often influenced my lineup decisions. This was in the old weekly ranking format. I'm not sure there is a place or it is even possible for rankers to add notes or context anymore. Which is a shame. I found it really valuable. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know. Would love to see Bloom's notes again.

Update - Norton's projection for Garrett was updated back to 9.93 shortly after kickoff today. Can only guess the projection before kickoff today was a website glitch.

Myles Jack playing time dropped to a YTD-low 74% in week 6 with Spillane more than doubling to 71%.

Anyone with any insight on why? Did Jack get hurt? Did Tampa do something Spillane would have been better at than Jack?

Myles Jack playing time dropped to a YTD-low 74% in week 6 with Spillane more than doubling to 71%.

Anyone with any insight on why? Did Jack get hurt? Did Tampa do something Spillane would have been better at than Jack?
Seems like Spillane is the dime LB, so if they're in dime a bunch, Jack loses time.

Read on Fantasy Life that Landon Collins was elevated from PS and will play today for NYG vs Jax. WIll be a S/LB Hybrid box player, mostly in the dime. Something to keep an eye on as he thrived in that role for various teams in the past and has S eligibility on many platforms.

Could be a stretch run Pickup for a team that is hurting at DB...

I have seen the content guys reference Jeffrey Simmons and an ankle injury a couple times (GURU Notepad and waiver wire article). Paging @Bri to give any additional input regarding the severity of the injury moving forward. Thanks.

I'm adding Quinn where it's free and the roster spot is available. He's moving to a favorable situation with the Eagles O putting up points and giving DEs rush opportunities. PHI rotates so he'll be frustrating (think Bills DL) but seems like a solid speculative add.

PHI rotates so he'll be frustrating (think Bills DL) but seems like a solid speculative add.

This is my concern with spending anything to acquire him. I like Elvis' approach. If you can get him for free to see what happens it's worth it but I wouldn't give up anything to do so. I am guessing he hovers around 50% snaps in that rotation (if that) so you will only get anything out of him if he runs into a sack.

Johnathan Abram questionable (illness). Any of the Raiders homers here have a better feel which side of questionable he is on?

I have seen the content guys reference Jeffrey Simmons and an ankle injury a couple times (GURU Notepad and waiver wire article). Paging @Bri to give any additional input regarding the severity of the injury moving forward. Thanks.
Not concerned

Not concerned
A friend thinks he could be pulled and/or play less snaps.
They need an easy game a recovery game (which is odd after a bye but they do) and the Texans aren't the chumps they've been.

Looking more like he'll play when needed than fulltime

Roquan Smith traded to Baltimore.
Probably hurts his value and kills Queen's value (what he had left). Morrow big bump up in Chicago

Definitely hurts his value. I don't know if it kills Queen completely. If it did, that would mean Smith's value would stay the same, TBH.

I think Smith's overall ranking dips significantly because Queen is there. Queen hasn't been what they thought but he's still better than Morrow.

And yes, good news for Morrow. He won't approach LB1 level but it bumps him up a bit. Joe Thomas looks like he'll take Roquan's spot so watch his progress closely. Could be a solid add in most leagues. I'll be highlighting him and Jack Sanborn in my Tuesday article for sure.

Definitely hurts his value. I don't know if it kills Queen completely. If it did, that would mean Smith's value would stay the same, TBH.

I think Smith's overall ranking dips significantly because Queen is there. Queen hasn't been what they thought but he's still better than Morrow.

The more I think about it the more I agree with the bold. Roquan and Queen split off each other hurting Roquan more because he was better where he was at. The downswing for Queen probably isn't as much because he was a lesser guy to begin with.

I think we can all agree that Morrow is the big winner along with whoever picks up the missing snaps that Roquan is leaving. I don't know much about either but it looks like they just got Sanborn and he should be MLB with Thomas playing WLB. Morrow stays the same.........at least that is what the depth chart is showing.

It would be nice if the site would have an injury roundup for the IDP side like what Bramel puts out on the FBG site each week. He typically focuses on the offensive side which makes sense but I wonder if @Joe Bryant could look into a similar report for the IDP side. It wouldn't have to be as extensive from the start but any injury information for the IDP side would be huge since we get none now.

Just an idea.

ETA: Guru Game Notes does touch on injuries but just enough to make you worry. Maybe a way to use that to expand on it as the week goes along?

Last edited:

The more I think about it the more I agree with the bold. Roquan and Queen split off each other hurting Roquan more because he was better where he was at. The downswing for Queen probably isn't as much because he was a lesser guy to begin with.

I think we can all agree that Morrow is the big winner along with whoever picks up the missing snaps that Roquan is leaving. I don't know much about either but it looks like they just got Sanborn and he should be MLB with Thomas playing WLB. Morrow stays the same.........at least that is what the depth chart is showing.
Ourlads actually just changed their chart. They have AJ Klein (who I didn't even know was rostered) as the WLB with Thomas and Sanborn as his backups, with Morrow as the MLB.

Oh - I see. Klein came over in the trade.

Bump Morrow the most, Klein becomes addable in bigger leagues, but the name I will watch closest is Sanborn honestly.

It would be nice if the site would have an injury roundup for the IDP side like what Bramel puts out on the FBG site each week. He typically focuses on the offensive side which makes sense but I wonder if @Joe Bryant could look into a similar report for the IDP side. It wouldn't have to be as extensive from the start but any injury information for the IDP side would be huge since we get none now.

Just an idea.

ETA: Guru Game Notes does touch on injuries but just enough to make you worry. Maybe a way to use that to expand on it as the week goes along?

Thanks. We may try to see if something can be done there. I know it can't be Dr. Bramel though as he's maxed out. As you said, John does a good job on this with the new feature this year we added in the early notes. We'll keep seeing what we can improve there. Thanks.

I have Queen and I hope he at least is serviceable the rest of the year, I was actually beginning to trust him in my lineup again this year.

Chubb to Miami. Likely an upgrade for him? I assume he stays at LB as Miami is a 3-4 base as well. Does this give Bonito a chance in Denver? Anything to see there in big play leagues?

Ryan Neal only had cramps at the end of last weeks game (per the Guru). Based on that he is good to go for this week.

Nicholas Morrow and Takitaki are prime waiver wire targets
I am not so sure about Takitaki as a prime target. JOK didn't play this week so those numbers could be skewed. He hasn't really done much and that LB crew is in flux as injuries have never really allowed for any consistent info game to game. I guess if you have room, sure. But I wouldn't go out of my way.

Nicholas Morrow and Takitaki are prime waiver wire targets
I am not so sure about Takitaki as a prime target. JOK didn't play this week so those numbers could be skewed. He hasn't really done much and that LB crew is in flux as injuries have never really allowed for any consistent info game to game. I guess if you have room, sure. But I wouldn't go out of my way.
Either Kislingbury or Woellert had a good quote on that: “Never let them see your backup.” Takitaki had a great game. He’s worth a try while we see how things shake out.

McKinney (NYG - S) out for multiple weeks with a wrist injury suffered in an ATV accident in Mexico. Does that hurt Love? Does that bring Landon Collins back into relevancy? Belton anyone?

I am guessing Collins gets more snaps and that Love may have to play off the ball more which would hurt his IDP value. Anybody else with any thoughts?

Apparently Werner injured his ankle last night. I watched the game and didn't notice anything specific and then we wasn't on the field anymore. They never showed any replays of the injury so I am unsure how severe it could be. Anybody have any better info?

McKinney (NYG - S) out for multiple weeks with a wrist injury suffered in an ATV accident in Mexico. Does that hurt Love? Does that bring Landon Collins back into relevancy? Belton anyone?

I am guessing Collins gets more snaps and that Love may have to play off the ball more which would hurt his IDP value. Anybody else with any thoughts?
Nate Marcum (Fantasy in Frames) speculated that Belton plays deep and Love is still in the box.

Users who are viewing this thread