What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 IDP News and Notes (1 Viewer)

Apparently Werner injured his ankle last night. I watched the game and didn't notice anything specific and then we wasn't on the field anymore. They never showed any replays of the injury so I am unsure how severe it could be. Anybody have any better info?
it appears Kaden Ellis got majority of snaps with Zach Baun seeing a few if Werner to miss anytime

it appears Kaden Ellis got majority of snaps with Zach Baun seeing a few if Werner to miss anytime
I saw that but I have seen zero update on Werner's status or actual injury. I went back through the game and think I know where it happened but no replay was shown and it was away from the ball so you couldn't see what actually happened. An update somewhere would be nice but so is the "fun" of the IDP world.

I picked up Ellis where I needed a starter this week. I have looked all over for Werner news and found zero. Fans message boards strangely silent. I fully expect a DNP today and probably tomorrow.

Two weeks ago I was screwing with my leaguemate that I was up against that week in my deep IDP dynasty league and put out a trade offer of Takitaki for his Logan Wilson because that was his lone player going on MNF and his lone chance of overtaking my narrow lead. He got a good laugh out of it and turned me down only to have Takitaki have 13 combined tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble which would have actually given him the victory and the overall lead in the league had he taken it. Now two weeks later I have Mosley and Judon on a bye and I'm stuck with the Sophie's choice of Takitaki or Joe Tryon as the only healthy options. Was that a fluke performance or is there potential for him to actually do something this week with Owusu being questionable? My only other option is to hope that Tryon lucks into a sack for me this week or Troy Anderson to get a surprise start. So little news info out there for deeper IDP leagues.

It feels like we've had a number of in-game replacements who don't get the start the next week even though the original starter is still injured. A Seattle safety before Ryan Neal, some safety in Detroit, I think some other times as well - it's kind of weird.

Davis-Gaither in Cincy is better than Pratt. That situation may have changed last week but Carolina's game script was pass-heavy. Worth a free shot.

D.Deablo went on IR with a broken forearm - fire up your Martinez plays!
Well that escalated quickly:

LB Blake Martinez retired from the NFL.​

He led Las Vegas in linebacker snaps last week with Divine Deablo getting hurt early in the game, but it apparently was more about Martinez being interested in other pursuits. Martinez had a Pokemon collection that netted $672,000 at auction. He finishes his NFL career with 84 games, 706 career tackles, and 39 tackles for loss, mostly with the Packers and Giants.

SOURCE: Raiders on Twitter
Nov 10, 2022, 2:43 PM ET

Anyone hear any more news on the severity of Eddie Jackson's non-contact injury yesterday? I'm thinking he may not be coming back for a few weeks (if its not season ending)....

Anyone hear any more news on the severity of Eddie Jackson's non-contact injury yesterday? I'm thinking he may not be coming back for a few weeks (if its not season ending)....
It definitely looked bad although they never really did show a good replay to see the mechanism of the injury. Could be an achilles or a lisfranc or just an ankle sprain?

It definitely looked bad although they never really did show a good replay to see the mechanism of the injury. Could be an achilles or a lisfranc or just an ankle sprain?
I'm thinking of moving on if its a season ender, need that extra depth for the playoffs...

I'm thinking of moving on if its a season ender, need that extra depth for the playoffs...
Apparently it is a Lisfranc injury and Jackson is done for the season. They are, however, seeking second opinions before making that final decision but it doesn't look good.

In the same vein, does anybody have any info on Ryan Neal and his late injury?

Does anyone know why Bellefeuil's IDP waiver article isn't listed in this week's season-long articles?

Marcus Jones, nickel back, returner entered Pats game on offense, and scored.

This is the kind of guy I want to make sure I don't get cheap on BB dollars.

Does anyone know why Bellefeuil's IDP waiver article isn't listed in this week's season-long articles?
Life happened to Kyle. Y'all would understand.🙏 He'll be back on it when available.
Thanks, it might make sense to show that on the daily page. Hope everything's good with him.

Thanks. Yes, as Tripp said, Kyle had a family emergency issue and I failed to update that on the site. I'll let folks know. Our apologies.

Antoine Winfield Jr. is doubtful. Doesn't look like his projections have been adjusted. Be careful starting him.
(RotoWire) Winfield (ankle) is listed as doubtful for Monday's game versus New Orleans, Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com reports.

Analysis: After not practicing this week, Winfield will probably be forced to sit out in Week 13 with a sprained ankle. With Mike Edwards (hamstring) also listed as doubtful for Monday, Keanu Neal and Nolan Turner could end up being Tampa Bay's starters at safety.

Werner practiced on a limited basis. Any word if he will play this week. If so, does he kill Elliss' value this week. Will they just cancel each other?

This is the best info I can find on Werner vs. Elliss: https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/...cle_3d7029d8-7294-11ed-933b-a3ddf3e1568f.html (i.e., not much)

Elliss is in his fourth year, so his rookie contract is about to expire. He's a 7th-round pick who had started one game before this season. Werner's a second-round pick in his second year.

TBH, I'd expect Werner and Elliss to resume the roles they opened the season with by Week 14. I can imagine Werner being eased in a bit Monday night since he's questionable going in.

Do y'all think Elliss has been such a pleasant surprise to the Saints that they play him ahead of Werner? The Saints are also-rans. They need to continue to develop talent on their roster, and I'm not sure why they'd want to give a guy on an expiring deal extensive run.

What are your thoughts?

I would assume Werner gets his job back when fully healthy. The pressing question for me is will that be this week? I have both guys so need to decide which to start this week. I would be happier if Werner sat out one more week.

I would assume Werner gets his job back when fully healthy. The pressing question for me is will that be this week? I have both guys so need to decide which to start this week. I would be happier if Werner sat out one more week.
Saints are on bye next week in a lost season - this is an ease him back in unless injury/performance dictates otherwise spot.

I think Ellis earned himself another contract. But its Werner's job for sure and I think he is back after the bye. Ellis has been a gift for me in multiple leagues though.

I'd be curious on the group's thoughts on Da'Ron Payne. The guy has been a monster this year and I've heard little to no mention of him. Apologies to anyone who has in case I missed it. Mine is an admittedly shallow league: start 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB. FBG's ROS rankings (which I take with a heaping of salt, as we've discussed here at length) has him as the #28 DL. But he has been much better than that thus far. Top 10 at a minimum (not saying he'll continue on that trajectory, but thus far at least).

I'm looking for a depth DL behind Myles Garrett for the playoffs and Payne, DeForest Buckner, Chris Jones, Leonard Williams, J.J. Watt and maybe Chase Young (don't trust him) appear to be the best options. Had no idea Payne was having the year he is until I started poking around a week or 2 ago.
I'm all ears if anyone has thoughts on Payne and his under-the-radar emergence (or any of the others listed, for that matter)... :popcorn:

I'd be curious on the group's thoughts on Da'Ron Payne. The guy has been a monster this year and I've heard little to no mention of him. Apologies to anyone who has in case I missed it. Mine is an admittedly shallow league: start 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB. FBG's ROS rankings (which I take with a heaping of salt, as we've discussed here at length) has him as the #28 DL. But he has been much better than that thus far. Top 10 at a minimum (not saying he'll continue on that trajectory, but thus far at least).

I'm looking for a depth DL behind Myles Garrett for the playoffs and Payne, DeForest Buckner, Chris Jones, Leonard Williams, J.J. Watt and maybe Chase Young (don't trust him) appear to be the best options. Had no idea Payne was having the year he is until I started poking around a week or 2 ago.
I'm all ears if anyone has thoughts on Payne and his under-the-radar emergence (or any of the others listed, for that matter)... :popcorn:
He has been big in DT required leagues for awhile. He and Jonathan Allen have been quite the pair the last couple years and I don't see it stopping. Payne is currently at 23 solos/28 assists/8.5 sacks which is good DL numbers for sure. I would take hte plunge if he is available in your league. Only needing 1 DL really limits the value but I would have him worth rostering.

Marcus Jones, nickel back, returner entered Pats game on offense, and scored.

This is the kind of guy I want to make sure I don't get cheap on BB dollars.

Jones, Marcus
NEP CB
CIN 22 @ NEP 18
Final
Rec: 1/15; 12 T, 2 A, 1 PD, 1 INT 1 IntTD (69), 1 FR
49.65​

on my bench. thankfully looks like I'll win anyway and advance to the final.
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2022/ajax_ls?L=25153

Is going to be the reason I advance. 💕

Users who are viewing this thread