What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minnesota Vikings Team Thread (6 Viewers)

AcCording to the stats Taylor wouldn’t be any better than the Vikings quarterbacks have been the last few years.  But Cousins Is an upgrade which is my point.Is an upgrade which is my point.
I guess we value things differently, because I read those stats as Taylor>Cousins. Is 9 TD's worth more than 12 TO? Is 400 extra rushing yards meaningless? 

Taylor gives the Vikings the same level of QB as a passer that they've had, with a huge bonus as a runner, and opening things up for the RB's. 

Cousins brings bigger plays, for both his team and the opponent. 

travdogg said:
But why? Why is Cousins that guy? Since 2015:

Taylor has averaged: 17-5 TD/INT ratio 92 pass rating 7.2 YPA 500-5 rushing 5 fumbles

Cousins has averaged: 27-12 TD/INT 97 pass rating 7.7 YPA 100-4 rushing 10 fumbles

Vikings QB has averaged: 18-7 TD/INT 95 pass rating 7.2 YPA 135-1 rushing 6 fumbles
The thing with this is that you are not looking at the context of the total pass attempts. Obviously the more a team the throws the ball, the higher the total number of pass attempts is, the higher the total TD and INT will be as well as yards. You account for this in YPA but not the TD and INT.

Over the last 3 seasons Cousins has thrown an interception on 2% of his pass attempts.

Tyrod Taylor has thrown an interception on 1% of his pass attempts, but his highest pass attempts was 436 which is still 100 fewer attempts than Cousins Taylor has only averaged 412 pass attempts per year the last 3 seasons, and that is throwing the ball a lot less than even the Vikings want to do.

It stands to reason that when a QB is throwing the ball as much as Cousins has the raw totals are going to be higher. A lot of those fumbles are likely from strip sacks or plays more related to passing attempts than rushing attempts.

I haven't watched Taylor enough to have a strong opinion. He has looked pretty good to me in the few games where I have watched him. What I do know is that Buffalo played Nathan Peterman over him when he was healthy last season. There must be reasons why they do not want to have Taylor be their starting QB.

Mike Zimmer does like a QB who can run. Not that this is the only thing he wants the QB to do, but he does have an appreciation for that. I think a lot of defensive minded coaches do, because they know the extra challenge it presents to a defense. 

travdogg said:
But why? Why is Cousins that guy? Since 2015:

Taylor has averaged: 17-5 TD/INT ratio 92 pass rating 7.2 YPA 500-5 rushing 5 fumbles

Cousins has averaged: 27-12 TD/INT 97 pass rating 7.7 YPA 100-4 rushing 10 fumbles

Vikings QB has averaged: 18-7 TD/INT 95 pass rating 7.2 YPA 135-1 rushing 6 fumbles
To be fair, the Vikings have the type of team that Taylor could win with (great defense, running game and skill players) but he can NOT carry a team. The reason he does not turn the ball over is because he's afraid to take chances. Even his YPA are misleading because if a guy isn't wide open he does not throw the ball to them, he'll check down or run.

His rushing stats are nice but everyone knows that with age that disappears and it also sets a QB up to get injured.

He's a decent stopgap or backup QB - but there's a reason why the Bills are willing to move on with absolutely no backup plan in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we value things differently, because I read those stats as Taylor>Cousins. Is 9 TD's worth more than 12 TO? Is 400 extra rushing yards meaningless? 

Taylor gives the Vikings the same level of QB as a passer that they've had, with a huge bonus as a runner, and opening things up for the RB's. 

Cousins brings bigger plays, for both his team and the opponent. 
You did leave out passing yards. Why didn't you include them?

Sam Bradford played in 15 games in 2016. The only game he missed was week one where the Vikings started Shawn Hill as they had just traded for Bradford a week prior to this.

Now the injury risk and chronic problems with the knee may prevent him from playing a full season, but then maybe not as he did stay healthy for all of 2016 not so long ago.

There is certainly risk though, and because of that risk I would expect Bradford contract demands to be a bit lower.

The lack of mobility will always be an issue though I think. It is part of why he needs to get rid of the ball so quickly, which for the most part is something that I want a QB to do, but it can lead to more check downs, which isn't the end of the world, you want the QB to attempt high percentage plays. It just isn't what you want on 3rd down.

I still like Sam Bradford if Cousins isn't an option. I am on the fence between Bradford and Keenum as far as who I prefer more. I definitely like the way Bradford throws the ball much better than Keenum. However the mobility of Keenum and not the same level of injury risk makes them pretty even in my view.
Bradford is like Lucy continuing to pull the football away from Charlie Brown

You did leave out passing yards. Why didn't you include them?
I don't think they are an important statistic. YPA takes yardage into the equation, without giving extra credit for attempts. Passing yards are less about the player and more about the playcalling in my opinion, and no Mike Zimmer team will throw as often as a Jay Gruden team, and that's been proven over multiple OC's.

I don't think they are an important statistic. YPA takes yardage into the equation, without giving extra credit for attempts. Passing yards are less about the player and more about the playcalling in my opinion, and no Mike Zimmer team will throw as often as a Jay Gruden team, and that's been proven over multiple OC's.
Well the disparity in rushing yards seem important to you so I would imagine the extra 1,000-2,000 passing yards per season more from Cousins would also be of interest.

Bradford is like Lucy continuing to pull the football away from Charlie Brown

Sam Bradford played in 15 games in 2016. The only game he missed was week one where the Vikings started Shawn Hill as they had just traded for Bradford a week prior to this.

Now the injury risk and chronic problems with the knee may prevent him from playing a full season, but then maybe not as he did stay healthy for all of 2016 not so long ago.

There is certainly risk though, and because of that risk I would expect Bradford contract demands to be a bit lower.

The lack of mobility will always be an issue though I think. It is part of why he needs to get rid of the ball so quickly, which for the most part is something that I want a QB to do, but it can lead to more check downs, which isn't the end of the world, you want the QB to attempt high percentage plays. It just isn't what you want on 3rd down.

I still like Sam Bradford if Cousins isn't an option. I am on the fence between Bradford and Keenum as far as who I prefer more. I definitely like the way Bradford throws the ball much better than Keenum. However the mobility of Keenum and not the same level of injury risk makes them pretty even in my view.
The best ability is availability 

Looking more and more like they will go after Cousins. He is better than anyone we had last year but I hope they don't end up stuck and spending 30mil+ a year on him. He's good but not that good imo.

Those rush yards come mostly at the expense of passing yards though.  They aren't some bonus that Tyrod magically creates.  And given that his YPC are lower than his YPA he's probably costing the team overall with them.  Do you see Zimmer calling a lot of designated QB runs with Taylor?

Looking more and more like they will go after Cousins. He is better than anyone we had last year but I hope they don't end up stuck and spending 30mil+ a year on him. He's good but not good imo.
Indeed. Seems like the writing is very much on the wall. I listened to Johnny Athletic on KFAN yesterday and was surprised he opined that Cousins is his 12th-13th rated QB. I don't get that at all. Rating actual production, he's much higher than that. The only way you rate him 12th-13th is if you are looking at things that have little to do with him, such as the general sorry state of the Redskins. Moreover, context matters. The only way JA's ranking makes sense is if you ignore age and future utility. Does that make sense when evaluating this potential signing? An NFL team who is contemplating a 4-5 year $100-$130MM deal QB solution is not going to going to rank Brady/Brees/Roethlisberger/Manning/Rivers higher (even if arguably better for 2018). Under the context actually on the table, I'd put Rodgers and Russell Wilson obviously higher, then who? I like Cousins over Stafford/Ryan. Personally, I would not pay Cam Newton in this range to be a team leader.

What also seems to be underappreciated is regardless of what Cousins signs for, he'll be surpassed in salary by 3 QBs next year, then the next year, and so on until he isn't even top 10 paid at his position when his deal winds down and (if you believe in him) he becomes a QB bargain. Trying to think logically about salaries at any moment in time when the cap rises $12MM each year is pointless. For that same reason I'm not losing sleep about the Vikes' ability to sign guys who will be up for new contracts next year, when the cap will in all likelihood approach $190MM. 

I still think there is some chance Cousins takes a cap friendly deal to further the team he chooses. Heck, if I'm him and want to stick it to the Redskins over the Alex Smith signing, I don't go to the Jets/Browns and potentially become a highly paid NFL afterthought. That only validates them.

I love how the local media is going bananas that the Vikings won't Franchise Case.. Listen..  he did VERY good last year, but NOT $24 Million a year good.

Let him test FA, and if someone is willing to give him over $20 Million per year :bye:

I love how the local media is going bananas that the Vikings won't Franchise Case.. Listen..  he did VERY good last year, but NOT $24 Million a year good.

Let him test FA, and if someone is willing to give him over $20 Million per year :bye:
Just hope the Vikings don’t miss out on cousins, because not much out their after case and Kurt.

Indeed. Seems like the writing is very much on the wall. I listened to Johnny Athletic on KFAN yesterday and was surprised he opined that Cousins is his 12th-13th rated QB. I don't get that at all. Rating actual production, he's much higher than that. The only way you rate him 12th-13th is if you are looking at things that have little to do with him, such as the general sorry state of the Redskins. Moreover, context matters. The only way JA's ranking makes sense is if you ignore age and future utility. Does that make sense when evaluating this potential signing? An NFL team who is contemplating a 4-5 year $100-$130MM deal QB solution is not going to going to rank Brady/Brees/Roethlisberger/Manning/Rivers higher (even if arguably better for 2018). Under the context actually on the table, I'd put Rodgers and Russell Wilson obviously higher, then who? I like Cousins over Stafford/Ryan. Personally, I would not pay Cam Newton in this range to be a team leader.

What also seems to be underappreciated is regardless of what Cousins signs for, he'll be surpassed in salary by 3 QBs next year, then the next year, and so on until he isn't even top 10 paid at his position when his deal winds down and (if you believe in him) he becomes a QB bargain. Trying to think logically about salaries at any moment in time when the cap rises $12MM each year is pointless. For that same reason I'm not losing sleep about the Vikes' ability to sign guys who will be up for new contracts next year, when the cap will in all likelihood approach $190MM. 

I still think there is some chance Cousins takes a cap friendly deal to further the team he chooses. Heck, if I'm him and want to stick it to the Redskins over the Alex Smith signing, I don't go to the Jets/Browns and potentially become a highly paid NFL afterthought. That only validates them.
I thought that Cousins would fall off in 2017 due to the fact that his two main targets, Garcon and Jackson, were both gone from the team. The fact that Cousins still had 27td/13int with 65% completion percentage and a 93.7% QB ratings with no real proven wide receivers indicates to me that he has a pretty good QB. I think he will be surrounded by a lot better talent in Minnesota in 2018 and will take a step up in his performance.

I agree.  Shades of Derrick Anderson circa 2007.  I don't expect Case to be able to repeat the success he had in 2017 season. 

I mean Case has a lot of heart but I think the offense was designed to play to his strengths - quick, fairly short passes.  I think it was good design based on the offensive line talent we have.  Hopefully that will change. 

Hankmoody said:
Those rush yards come mostly at the expense of passing yards though.  They aren't some bonus that Tyrod magically creates.  And given that his YPC are lower than his YPA he's probably costing the team overall with them.  Do you see Zimmer calling a lot of designated QB runs with Taylor?
I don't think they necessarily do. Sometimes these would be less effective RB runs, and sometimes they would be a throw away, or even an INT. 

I think Taylor would get a lot more runs than Bradford/Keenum. Bridgewater got several, and he's nowhere near as mobile as Taylor. With the new OC, I think Taylor would be even more dangerous with the RPO stuff.

BigJim® said:
I think 12th-13th is kinda high myself. I'd say 15-20 sounds about right to me. I think you are crazy valuing Cousins over Stafford or especially Ryan. Ryan is a ton better than Cousins. He's 1 year removed from being NFL MVP, and has been a good to elite QB for about 10 years. Heck, I'd put Ryan ahead of Rivers and probably equal to Roethlisberger.

Donnybrook said:
I agree.  Shades of Derrick Anderson circa 2007.  I don't expect Case to be able to repeat the success he had in 2017 season. 

I mean Case has a lot of heart but I think the offense was designed to play to his strengths - quick, fairly short passes.  I think it was good design based on the offensive line talent we have.  Hopefully that will change. 
Keenum was a lot better than 2007 Anderson. That was a mediocre QB, getting bailed out by monster years by Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow. That was an obvious fluke year at the time.

Keenum might have just had the best year he will ever have, but it wasn't an obvious fluke. That said, I agree they would be nuts to franchise tag him. 

I don't think they necessarily do. Sometimes these would be less effective RB runs, and sometimes they would be a throw away, or even an INT. 

I think Taylor would get a lot more runs than Bradford/Keenum. Bridgewater got several, and he's nowhere near as mobile as Taylor. With the new OC, I think Taylor would be even more dangerous with the RPO stuff.

I think 12th-13th is kinda high myself. I'd say 15-20 sounds about right to me. I think you are crazy valuing Cousins over Stafford or especially Ryan. Ryan is a ton better than Cousins. He's 1 year removed from being NFL MVP, and has been a good to elite QB for about 10 years. Heck, I'd put Ryan ahead of Rivers and probably equal to Roethlisberger.
Name them... all of the QBs you see as being better than Cousins.

Looking more and more like they will go after Cousins. He is better than anyone we had last year but I hope they don't end up stuck and spending 30mil+ a year on him. He's good but not that good imo.
I agree there has to be a limit to what they will be willing to spend. I am not sure what that limit is though and I am also not sure what it should be?

According to this NFL teams are expected to have a salary cap of 180 million for player salaries. This is the same as the salary cap in 2018. So it is actually likely more than that. The cap is expected to increase by $13 million this year from last year, with similar increases each season. So 2019 salary cap may be 193 million or something like that.

30 million is 17% of the total salary cap space. It is a lot of money, but also manageable in my opinion while still retaining young core players through contract extensions.

The back up QB position is very important also. So if they spend another 5 million there. The 2 QB would be taking up 19% of the salary cap space. While this is more than a team would like to spend at the position.

It is certainly more money than the Vikings have been spending at the QB position. The Vikings spent $22 million on the QB position in 2017 about 14% of their total cap space that year.

The cap keeps going up. So shocker contracts now will be reasonable or market value in a few seasons.

What the Jets can do to make things more difficult for the Vikings in competing for Cousins is that I think they can offer more money up front than the Vikings can, although Spielman does like to front load big contracts as much as possible. He likes having the flexibility to cut or just let deals expire. Thus the situation we are in right now.

Cousins would hopefully bring some stability to the position for a few seasons. If not him then the Vikings are likely going back to the well with one of their previous 3 QB for less money, but still a lot of money.

Name them... all of the QBs you see as being better than Cousins.
This isn't exactly in order of how good they are but its numbered to keep track of how many I view as better.

1. Rodgers

2. Wilson

3. Brady

4. Wentz, unless this knee injury completely ruins his career, which seems unikely

5. Brees

6. Newton, though like you, I do find him maddening at times, his ability to take over games is as high as anyone.

7. Luck, or at least he was pre-injury, I'd rather have his injury uncertainty, than a player I know is much less talented.

8. Stafford, I think he is less teammate reliant, and more consistent than Cousins, but they have a lot in common. 

9. Roethlisberger

10. Prescott, I'd put him and Cousins in the same tier, but I feel Prescott has a higher ceiling.

11. Winston, same as Prescott, but with an even higher ceiling. He's really underrated in my opinion.

12. Rivers

13. Ryan

14. Carr

15. Smith

16. Taylor

That's 16 guys with at least 2 years starting experience. I'd have no issue if somebody also preferred Garappolo, Watson,or Goff but my jury is still out on those 3.

Cousins fantasy numbers mean nothing to me, he's gotten lots of yards because a Jay Gruden QB will get lots of yards, its just how the offense works. If Cousins had gotten hurt the last 2 years, Colt McCoy would have had some 300+ yard games. Not saying he'd be as good as Cousins, but you get the point.

My opinion of Cousins is that he's a slightly above average QB, who has benefited from a QB friendly coach and excellent supporting cast(especially in 2016) I think he and Andy Dalton are basically the same guy, and they both need high quality talent around them, or they get too turnover prone, and end up being problems as much as solutions.

Well, it seems like you just value Cousins differently from most. We'll see. Say what you want about a system, but I just don't agree a slightly above average QB throws for 4900 yards. JMHO, it's just not possible. I'm probably on the wrong side of the masses on Stafford/Ryan debate, but I've seen enough division games to know what I do not like about Stafford. Ryan has thrown for 60 yards more than Cousins over the past 2 seasons. He played on a better team, putting him into MVP consideration. I'd describe Prescott almost exactly how you describe Cousins. He's done nothing without Elliott, and has generally had better supporting cast with worse passing statistics. Picture him in Washington, with that supporting cast. 

I'm becoming more convinced that ranking top whatever in evaluating this possible FA move is sort of apples/oranges. Who cares that Brady/Brees/Roethlisberger are better QBs next week? In evaluating this move you have ask "What QB would I want, this season and beyond." That's what it is.

My opinion of Cousins is that he's a slightly above average QB, who has benefited from a QB friendly coach and excellent supporting cast(especially in 2016) I think he and Andy Dalton are basically the same guy, and they both need high quality talent around them, or they get too turnover prone, and end up being problems as much as solutions.
When did Desean Jackson and Pierre Garcon become "excellent" players?

When did Desean Jackson and Pierre Garcon become "excellent" players?
Never said they were. I said an excellent supporting cast. D-Jax and Garcon were sometimes the 3rd and 4th option that year, behind Reed and sometimes Crowder. That is outstanding depth of weapons. I don't think there was a team in the NFL that was better 4 targets deep. Both D-Jax and Garcon would have been #1 WR's on a couple teams. 

Never said they were. I said an excellent supporting cast. D-Jax and Garcon were sometimes the 3rd and 4th option that year, behind Reed and sometimes Crowder. That is outstanding depth of weapons. I don't think there was a team in the NFL that was better 4 targets deep. Both D-Jax and Garcon would have been #1 WR's on a couple teams. 
Come on. You are performing some real mental gymnastics to downplay Cousins. I don't think he's a great QB - but he's much better than you are trying to make him seem.

Crowder was a good young slot WR but nothing special that season and Reed missed 5 games.

Cousins would do well there. I wonder if they can keep that defense together if they pay him though. They have some big names who will want money soon

Cousins would do well there. I wonder if they can keep that defense together if they pay him though. They have some big names who will want money soon
Having already signed Rhodes/Harrison Smith long term puts the Vikes in decent position. The only 2019 needs are LBs Kendricks/Barr. On offense they will need to worry about Diggs as well. With $50MM in cap space available before signing Cousins, and potentially another $8MM freed when dust settles on the DL Floyd situation and expanded cap in 2019, I don't see a problem keeping whoever the Vikes choose to keep. 

This isn't exactly in order of how good they are but its numbered to keep track of how many I view as better.

1. Rodgers

2. Wilson

3. Brady

4. Wentz, unless this knee injury completely ruins his career, which seems unikely

5. Brees

6. Newton, though like you, I do find him maddening at times, his ability to take over games is as high as anyone.

7. Luck, or at least he was pre-injury, I'd rather have his injury uncertainty, than a player I know is much less talented.

8. Stafford, I think he is less teammate reliant, and more consistent than Cousins, but they have a lot in common. 

9. Roethlisberger

10. Prescott, I'd put him and Cousins in the same tier, but I feel Prescott has a higher ceiling.

11. Winston, same as Prescott, but with an even higher ceiling. He's really underrated in my opinion.

12. Rivers

13. Ryan

14. Carr

15. Smith

16. Taylor

That's 16 guys with at least 2 years starting experience. I'd have no issue if somebody also preferred Garappolo, Watson,or Goff but my jury is still out on those 3.

Cousins fantasy numbers mean nothing to me, he's gotten lots of yards because a Jay Gruden QB will get lots of yards, its just how the offense works. If Cousins had gotten hurt the last 2 years, Colt McCoy would have had some 300+ yard games. Not saying he'd be as good as Cousins, but you get the point.

After Gruden left Cincinnati, Dalton had a bad year in 2014, but then had his two best seasons in 2015 and 2016 and his interception numbers came way down. I think Gruden does like to be pass happy which does inflate a QB's numbers, but that imbalance ultimately hurts how productive overall the offense is. So I think it is possible that Cousins will have worse statistics with another team but be a more productive QB.

Speaking as a guy that's going to have to root for the Bears a little bit this year, I'd be pretty happy if Cousins wasn't a Viking.

Also, a big "good grief" to those that say Cousins needs good players around him to be successful......who doesn't?

I find travdoggs obsession with tyrod taylor being a good qb fascinating
 My guess is that he has them in dynasty and has a very rosy view of his future. I used to defend Brock Osweiler far beyond any reasonable level because I had invested a late round pick in him and sat on him for years. 

Tempted to hop on this train. I would like to see them draft a QB even if they sign Cousins.
I too am tempted, but right or wrong I'm just wary of the mobile QB who may dazzle for a season or two (RGIII, Vick) and ultimately fail when needing to become an NFL pocket passer (which will come, eventually). Once the legs are gone, the QB can't be gone. Cam Newton is built quite a bit differently and seems to be able to be a pocket passer, and Russell Wilson has uncanny 6th sense that reduces injury risk, but as a general rule I'm just not comfortable going with a guy who doesn't bring honest to god pocket presence with him. From what I've seen of Jackson, I'm not sure he can succeed from the pocket. 

On drafting a QB if we land Cousins, are you talking about a shoe-in QB2 with Sloter QB3, or replacing Sloter as QB in grooming?.Think I'd rather go with a vet at QB2 if we see something we like in Sloter.

My guess is that he has them in dynasty and has a very rosy view of his future. I used to defend Brock Osweiler far beyond any reasonable level because I had invested a late round pick in him and sat on him for years. 
No fantasy investment at all. I like that he is an elite rusher, elite at avoiding turnovers and has the occasional splash play thanks to a big arm and pretty good deep ball. He wouldn't fit if he was being asked to play a Brees/Brady type role, but if a coach plays to his strengths, he brings a lot of them to the table. He's a perfect fit for a run/defense team.

On drafting a QB if we land Cousins, are you talking about a shoe-in QB2 with Sloter QB3, or replacing Sloter as QB in grooming?.Think I'd rather go with a vet at QB2 if we see something we like in Sloter.
Yes I'm talking about a shoe-in QB2 with QB1 upside. Assuming they land Cousins I would bet his contract is front loaded. They obviously see something in Sloter but with another high upside rookie QB they can hedge against a major let down in Cousins. If Cousins lives up to the hype they get the #2 as much time as possible and showcase him for a trade in the future.  A vet backup would be OK but Cousins is pretty durable and I would much rather see a ton of upside behind him rather than another stopgap just in case guy.

Heatman said:
Yes I'm talking about a shoe-in QB2 with QB1 upside. Assuming they land Cousins I would bet his contract is front loaded. They obviously see something in Sloter but with another high upside rookie QB they can hedge against a major let down in Cousins. If Cousins lives up to the hype they get the #2 as much time as possible and showcase him for a trade in the future.  A vet backup would be OK but Cousins is pretty durable and I would much rather see a ton of upside behind him rather than another stopgap just in case guy.
Hmm, I've said for a long time that you can't have too many good QBs. OTOH, you need to consider what you are passing on to draft QB early. DL? OL? CB? maybe someone who can be a key contributor vs. a backup.

Hmm, I've said for a long time that you can't have too many good QBs. OTOH, you need to consider what you are passing on to draft QB early. DL? OL? CB? maybe someone who can be a key contributor vs. a backup.
Thoughts on Norwell and Wilkerson. I would love to see them both in purple. Would it be possible to fill needs in FA while also signing Cousins? Idk, thats a big concern.

Andy Dufresne said:
I can see them letting Barr walk away.
Thats kind of what I see happening also.

A good point was made about Barr calling the defense though. The Vikings and ZImmer may like Barr more than we do. It comes down to money of course though.

They kept Chad Greenway 3 or 4 seasons longer than they should have. So its kind of hard to say what they may do.

If tough choices have to be made I think Barr and Rudolph are gone though. Or at least that is where I would look for saving money for the cap.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
I find travdoggs obsession with tyrod taylor being a good qb fascinating
I can't handle travdoggs list of QB who he thinks are better than Cousins.

It makes me feel like I need to tear down everything I know about football and fantasy football and start over from scratch. Might takes me days to properly rebut his statement. Not going to go there though.

I already laid out the efficency stats on Cousins. He is very efficient despite the high volume. That is a good thing. He likely doesn't need to do as much for the Vikings for them to win games.

Andy Dufresne said:
I'm driving the Lamar Jackson to the Vikings train. Who wants on? :drive:
Tell me more.

I am with you though if he does last to the Vikings 1st round pick. I would even be okay with them moving up a few spots to land him if he does.

Rotoworld) According to SNY's Ralph Vacchiano, there is "rampant speculation around the league" that free agent Kirk Cousins is "destined" to sign with the Vikings. Analysis: Vacchiano isn't a Vikings reporter, but he is covering the league currently at the NFL Combine. We've separately heard whispers Minnesota is Cousins' likeliest destination, but the Jets and Broncos will also make a strong push. It sounds like folks gathering in Indianapolis are whispering more loudly that Cousins-to-Minnesota is a probable match. Free agency will begin on Friday, March 16.

Presser Points: Zimmer Has List of Needed Fixes for 'Next Step' by Vikings

“I didn’t want to come in and change the terminology and make the players learn all different things, so what we’re trying do is keep the terminology the same,” Zimmer said. “Obviously, there’s going to be some certain plays you’re going to run no matter who the quarterback is, but once we decide on the quarterback, we’re going to throw certain plays out, add certain plays to the ability of what these players can do.” 

I can't handle travdoggs list of QB who he thinks are better than Cousins.

It makes me feel like I need to tear down everything I know about football and fantasy football and start over from scratch. Might takes me days to properly rebut his statement. Not going to go there though.
Trav clearly does not like Cousins, I think you need to chalk it up to that. There's guys on his list I actually do like, such as Carr/Wentz. I'd probably pay top dollar for those guys too, but they aren't available. I put Cousins in the conversation with those QBs. I heard today that Cousins was sacked 41 times last season. Being battered like that and throwing for 4100 yards is nearly as impressive as throwing for 4900 the season prior. 

Funny tangent I was thinking about after posting that I don't like Stafford. I traded away Stafford for Cousins + 2nd rd rookie in my dynasty 2 seasons ago. Became Stafford for Cousins/JuJu Smith-Schuster. Good times, good times.  

Trav clearly does not like Cousins, I think you need to chalk it up to that. There's guys on his list I actually do like, such as Carr/Wentz. I'd probably pay top dollar for those guys too, but they aren't available. I put Cousins in the conversation with those QBs. I heard today that Cousins was sacked 41 times last season. Being battered like that and throwing for 4100 yards is nearly as impressive as throwing for 4900 the season prior. 

Funny tangent I was thinking about after posting that I don't like Stafford. I traded away Stafford for Cousins + 2nd rd rookie in my dynasty 2 seasons ago. Became Stafford for Cousins/JuJu Smith-Schuster. Good times, good times.  
I didn't think I disliked Cousins that much. I think he's a good QB, just not a great one. A-F scale, he's a solid B. I would not argue against Cousins being the best available FA QB, he is, I just don't think he's worth the likely contract he gets. I highly doubt he's bringing any of his Redskins stats with him, because this would be an entirely different offense, that isn't playing from behind a lot. 

It'd worry me that he got sacked that much, since Washington has a much better o-line than Minnesota. Looking at those sack numbers, and the ones for every QB, Case Keenum getting sacked only 22 times seems amazing, impressive job by him, I say by him, because I doubt it was the o-line, as Bradford got sacked 5 times in 1.5 games.

I didn't think I disliked Cousins that much. I think he's a good QB, just not a great one. A-F scale, he's a solid B. I would not argue against Cousins being the best available FA QB, he is, I just don't think he's worth the likely contract he gets. I highly doubt he's bringing any of his Redskins stats with him, because this would be an entirely different offense, that isn't playing from behind a lot. 

It'd worry me that he got sacked that much, since Washington has a much better o-line than Minnesota. Looking at those sack numbers, and the ones for every QB, Case Keenum getting sacked only 22 times seems amazing, impressive job by him, I say by him, because I doubt it was the o-line, as Bradford got sacked 5 times in 1.5 games.
It does?

Users who are viewing this thread