What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 New York Football Giants (under new management of Schoen & Daboll) (2 Viewers)

Incremental improvements at some positions but man, that WR corps is just sad. It’s no surprise they’re lining up Saquon at receiver, their only explosive skill player. Hope he stays healthy.

We have to temper expectations but I’m optimistic that Daboll can get better production out of this team than we’ve seen lately. 7 or 8 wins is probably the ceiling, but I’d be more than okay with that after this pathetic decade. It would be nice to feel like things are trending up.

Blake Martinez released.

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21

This is a shocker on the surface but it just never felt like the new regime valued Martinez: Huge pay cut coming off injury, no longer the defensive play caller, not a captain (player vote). Tae Crowder and … Micah McFadden? Austin Calitro? to start at ILB

Duggan...
"Heard the long-awaited Leonard Williams restructure got done today. Don't have the terms yet. Will be interesting to see how much money the Giants pushed into the future with void years (if any)."

Amazing with how bad we've been on the field that we have cap issues. Thanks Gettleman.
Yep ... I think Schoen has done everything he can possibly do at this point.
It would be amazing if the Giants could field a competitive team under these circumstances

Giants released unofficial depth chart which has Ben Bredeson as the starting LG ... Think that was really the only ? at this point
Rookies Cor'Dale Flott backing up all 3 CB position RCB, LCB and Nickel and Dane Belton backing up both Sfty spots SS, FS

Duggan...
"Heard the long-awaited Leonard Williams restructure got done today. Don't have the terms yet. Will be interesting to see how much money the Giants pushed into the future with void years (if any)."

Amazing with how bad we've been on the field that we have cap issues. Thanks Gettleman.
The Giants converted nearly $18 million of Williams’ $19 million salary for this season into a signing bonus and added a void year to his contract, which allows the salary-cap charges to be evenly distributed over three seasons. So, Williams’ new cap hits are $15.3 million for 2022 (instead of $27.3 million), $32.3 million for 2023 (instead of $26.3 million) and $6 million for 2024 even though his deal is up by then.

Darius Slayton pay cut: WR takes decrease to stay with Giants​

Giants did him dirty
Wait until after everyone has cut down to 53, then approach the guy about taking a pay cut.
They knew his salary was too high all training camp long, nothing has changed about that in the last few days.
I get that it's a business but that was damn near unethical

So my Uncle Nucky Negative says the Giants will finish 4-13 this year and draft a QB with the #1 pick next year
My cousin Patty Positive says they will go 11-6 this year and add to the O-line and D-back rebuild next year.

Anyone have any relatives who want to chime in?:banned:

So my Uncle Nucky Negative says the Giants will finish 4-13 this year and draft a QB with the #1 pick next year
My cousin Patty Positive says they will go 11-6 this year and add to the O-line and D-back rebuild next year.

Anyone have any relatives who want to chime in?:banned:
I like your cousin much better than your uncle ... Not because of her prediction but because she apparently likes drinking ...Patty Party !!!

Darius Slayton pay cut: WR takes decrease to stay with Giants​

Giants did him dirty
Wait until after everyone has cut down to 53, then approach the guy about taking a pay cut.
They knew his salary was too high all training camp long, nothing has changed about that in the last few days.
I get that it's a business but that was damn near unethical
No one was willing to trade for him at that Salary ... if the Giants released him he's probably signing a 1 year deal at the min salary anyway

Giants inactives today vs. Titans:
OLB Kayvon Thibodeaux
OLB Azeez Ojulari
WR Darius Slayton
RB Antonio Williams
S Dane Belton
CB Justin Layne
OL Tyre Phillips

Wow. Didn’t see that coming. Especially with how they started. Daboll just won the team. And Barkley is playing like he is possessed.
I was just happy with them being in a close game late in the 4th quarter. The win is just gravy.
1st time the Giants have been above .500 in like 6 years

The win is just gravy.
Agreed.

I think Daboll won the team, regardless of game outcome, when he showed faith on 4th down and then again with the 2pt conversion. That emotion on the sideline can't be faked. Missing the kicking and getting the win just sealed the deal.

And it is the best kind of win. You get the win and you have obvious things to work on in the film and practice. Lots of things wrong with this team, but this feels good. The last few years have been torture.

The win is just gravy.
Agreed.

I think Daboll won the team, regardless of game outcome, when he showed faith on 4th down and then again with the 2pt conversion. That emotion on the sideline can't be faked. Missing the kicking and getting the win just sealed the deal.

And it is the best kind of win. You get the win and you have obvious things to work on in the film and practice. Lots of things wrong with this team, but this feels good. The last few years have been torture.
I loved going for two there, even if it failed. I think showing that kind of faith will pay dividends when you need them to give 100% for you. Imagine how demoralized the Texans players were after that egregious punt in OT yesterday. These guys live for the big moments in games when it’s all on the line.

Really ugly win but it feels amazing just to be 1-0. That’s how low the bar was. And there are positive signs the culture is changing and maybe we finally have a good coach now. I think the last time I had any hope for this team was opening day last year.

The win is just gravy.
Agreed.

I loved going for two there, even if it failed. I think showing that kind of faith will pay dividends when you need them to give 100% for you. Imagine how demoralized the Texans players were after that egregious punt in OT yesterday. These guys live for the big moments in games when it’s all on the line.

Really ugly win but it feels amazing just to be 1-0. That’s how low the bar was. And there are positive signs the culture is changing and maybe we finally have a good coach now. I think the last time I had any hope for this team was opening day last year.
I disagree that it was a really ugly win .. The first half was real ugly and kind of expected given the circumstances ... but the 2nd half was great.
On the road against a team that was 11-5 and 12-5 the last 2 seasons
New Coaching staff and a team full of new players and rookies. 4 of 5 new Olineman and missing their top 2 edge rushers
Huge plays offensively in the 2nd half and big plays on Defense ... They held arguably the best RB in the NFL to under 4 yards per carry
I think it was about as beautiful a first game as you could expect !!!!

This is how the Giants are going to have to win games... being aggressive on O when they can, and lots of Saquon Barkley in space because Daniel Jones/the line sure ain't going to help too much. This isn't the D of a few years ago that could hold teams down yet; even when Thibodeaux and Ojulari come back this defensive unit is rough. Titans should have put up 4-5 TDs on the Giants the way the secondary was playing...

Very good signs from Shepard, people forget how good this guy can be on the outside (not just a slot receiver) and he caught his defender looking in on the run for his TD. Richie James and David Stills got a surprising amount of run, but Richie James has been a security blanket for QBs for awhile and Stills showed a connection with Taylor in preseason. The next big step for Jones is learning how to pass people open/where only his WR has a chance for the ball. When he's able to do that consistently that'll unlock Kenny Golladay, who seems miscast for Daniel.

Notables from Brian Daboll's Zoom:
* Wan'Dale Robinson is day-to-day, so tests apparently confirm no significant structural damage.
* No real clarity on Kadarius Toney situation. Reiterates what he said after the game last night.
what did he say about Toney before? i am so confused at that situation, Toney seems like easily the most talented non-RB on that offense
"“We had personnel groups for all our receivers,” head coach Brian Daboll told reporters after the game. “We’ll do that every game. Maybe it’s more, maybe it’s less. [Toney] is in plenty of ’em. Obviously we didn’t get to some of ’em. I thought the plays he was in on he did a good job.”

* Wan'Dale Robinson is day-to-day, so tests apparently confirm no significant structural damage.
* No real clarity on Kadarius Toney situation. Reiterates what he said after the game last night.
what did he say about Toney before? i am so confused at that situation, Toney seems like easily the most talented non-RB on that offense
Post Game: “Kadarius is working his way back,” Daboll said. “We had more than just seven plays for him, but they weren’t called. We’ll see what happens this week. The guys that were out there, we have confidence in. We have confidence in Kadarius.”

“Kadarius has done a good job of learning our stuff,” Daboll said. “I have no concerns about him knowing our information.”

@rydunleavy states, "The simplest explanation for Kadarius Toney’s reduced role might just be the truth. Not enough practice time to prove he belongs on the field ahead of his teammates."

This is how the Giants are going to have to win games... being aggressive on O when they can, and lots of Saquon Barkley in space because Daniel Jones/the line sure ain't going to help too much. This isn't the D of a few years ago that could hold teams down yet; even when Thibodeaux and Ojulari come back this defensive unit is rough. Titans should have put up 4-5 TDs on the Giants the way the secondary was playing...

Very good signs from Shepard, people forget how good this guy can be on the outside (not just a slot receiver) and he caught his defender looking in on the run for his TD. Richie James and David Stills got a surprising amount of run, but Richie James has been a security blanket for QBs for awhile and Stills showed a connection with Taylor in preseason. The next big step for Jones is learning how to pass people open/where only his WR has a chance for the ball. When he's able to do that consistently that'll unlock Kenny Golladay, who seems miscast for Daniel.
  • Line was good enough in game 1 to help Saquan go off and Jones to complete 81% of his passes.
  • Shepard didnt catch his defender looking in ... and you know that. Who did ?? C'mon say it
  • I think you are referring to a different Richie James. This Richie James averaged 1 catch per game in his career. Yesterday was the 2nd most catches in a game in his career and if he didnt drop a pass would have been the 2nd highest yardage total of his career.
  • Stills caught 2 passes for 10 yards with Taylor this preseason ... Thats a hell of a connection
  • Golladay could very well be finished regardless of who is throwing to him. He can't get separation ... he had hip surgery that is very difficult to come back from
Jones had 1 very bad pass ... but he also led the giants to a road victory and had 115 QB rating ... He threw 2 TDs and completed 81% of his passes (would have been 85% without the drop) while getting pressured hit and sacked the entir e first half

Toney dont want to play football ... its that simple. Maybe that will change but I doubt it

monk I realize you're very 'reactionary' but let's be real. Giants should have lost the game but Titans blew it multiple times. Very similar to the first start in Tampa Bay by Daniel Jones, except he looked much better then.

Next thing you'll be ranting about Daniel Jones being the best QB in the division. :lmao:

Would have, could have, should have. Break it down under a microscope anyway you want. End result is The Giants won a CLOSE NFL game ON THE ROAD against a playoff caliber team. John Madden used to say all the time how tough it was to win A game in the NFL. On the road,quality opponent, I'm celebrating all week.

Is there anything to this RIchie James target share? In 2 deep dynasties that I have Golladay and Toney respectively, my depth is already getting tested...

Is there anything to this RIchie James target share? In 2 deep dynasties that I have Golladay and Toney respectively, my depth is already getting tested...
The thinking is that James received most of the targets that would have went to Wendale Robinson had he not gotten hurt

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton

Giants will be without CB Aaron Robinson this week. He underwent an appendectomy.

This stinks, thought he had a good game week 1.

A little Toney story
https://www.bigblueview.com/2022/9/...y-practice-brian-daboll-tennessee-titans-news

Hopefully he can get on the field more because he is dangerous with the ball in his hands
Following practice, wide receiver Kadarius Toney was added to the list of limited participants with a hamstring injury.
Toney doesn't want to be on the field ... The Giants need to trade his *** asap while they could still get something for him

A little Toney story
https://www.bigblueview.com/2022/9/...y-practice-brian-daboll-tennessee-titans-news

Hopefully he can get on the field more because he is dangerous with the ball in his hands
Following practice, wide receiver Kadarius Toney was added to the list of limited participants with a hamstring injury.
Toney doesn't want to be on the field ... The Giants need to trade his *** asap while they could still get something for him

https://twitter.com/DDuggan21/status/1570801562183958529?s=20&t=fkeMqU2kduIFVwnKuv57OA

Toney has been on the injured list for 14 of his 19 NFL games

A little Toney story

https://twitter.com/DDuggan21/status/1570801562183958529?s=20&t=fkeMqU2kduIFVwnKuv57OA

Toney has been on the injured list for 14 of his 19 NFL games
And it's never clear what his injuries are

Users who are viewing this thread