What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 New York Football Giants (under new management of Schoen & Daboll) (1 Viewer)

Leonard Williams injury could be a real downer if it's serious
Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan

Leonard Williams on his knee injury: “Don’t thinks it’s going to be too bad.”

Panthers OL Taylor Moton fell onto his leg. Williams feels pretty good his knee isn’t torn. More tests Monday. #giants

Ryan Dunleavy
@rydunleavy
Kenny Golladay was not in locker room and his locker was empty after the 15 minute cooling off period for postgame media #Giant.

Not pretty. But a win.
I'll take ugly and a W.
Look inside the ugly to find the beauty.
I looked.
The Giants are 2-0!

P.S. The first time since September of 2009 The Giants,Jets,Mets and Yankees all won on the same day.

Last edited:
Not pretty. But a win.
I'll take ugly and a W.
Look inside the ugly to find the beauty.
I looked.
The Giants are 2-0!

P.S. The first time since September of 2009 The Giants,Jets,Mets and Yankees all won on the same day.
That's crazy

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21

"Daboll said Leonard Williams' knee is "better than it could be." Called him day-to-day and said he hopes he's a fast healer.

Trying to translate Daboll, my guess is not season-ending, but probably will miss some time."

Ryan Dunleavy
@rydunleavy
Kenny Golladay was not in locker room and his locker was empty after the 15 minute cooling off period for postgame media #Giant.
I have seen a few beat writers saying that his locker being empty isn't a big deal because the MetLife lockers are only used on game days. The players regular lockers are at the practice facility

Around The NFL
@AroundTheNFL

Giants signing former Cowboys Pro Bowl LB Jaylon Smith to practice squad, per
@RapSheet

@Patricia_Traina

Giants adding back LB Jalyon Smith to the mix. Wonder what the corresponding move is.

Coach is face timing with some unknown WR free agents. OBJ? TY Hilton?
Would they help?
No way OBJ comes back. Hilton maybe. I can't imagine it is anyone earth shattering. This team needs to get through this year and fix it's salary cap mal-practice issues first. If they can start addressing other issues along the way and start learning how to win along the all, all the much better.

Giants injury report: Kadarius Toney sidelined again; Kayvon Thibodeaux, Azeez Ojulari improve​

The following players won’t practice Wednesday: wide receiver Kadarius Toney (hamstring soreness), ...

What a surprise! Toney not practicing

"Kenny Golladay was asked if he would ask for a change of scenery: “We’re going to see how it goes. I came here to play.”

"Kenny Golladay on playing 2 snaps vs. Panthers. Accepted the coach’s decision but … “I don’t agree with it. … I should be playing regardless,” he said. “That’s a fact.”

More Golladay: “I didn’t like the decision whatsoever.” “Little confusing.” “I came here to play.”

What's so confusing for Golladay? Is he confused about the fact that you have to actually earn playing time and targets?

What's so confusing for Golladay? Is he confused about the fact that you have to actually earn playing time and targets?
The only confusing thing about him getting two targets is that it wasn't zero
Apparently the Giants don't target that position much at all. Stills who has been replacing Galladay only has 3 catches on 4 targets himself

The only confusing thing about him getting two targets is that it wasn't zero
Apparently the Giants don't target that position much at all. Stills who has been replacing Galladay only has 3 catches on 4 targets himself
I'm sure they would like to.

Soooo any information on whether KT will play this week? Be nice to see that D with AO and KT added to it

Any thoughts on where Shepherd and James are getting their targets? If it's out of the slot should we be expecting big things for Robinson?

Jordan Raanan

@JordanRaanan
Kayvon Thibodeaux: “Oh yeah, I’m playing!”

Asked the fifth overall pick if there was any doubt. Nope. He’s likely set to make his debut Monday night against the Dallas Cowboys.

Well,what's everyone's opinion on Monday Night?
I looking forward to seeing the Giants top two pass rushers on the field tonight !!

I don’t except much out of the offense tonight because I think the Dallas front is going to give our OL fits.
I’m guessing Dallas is going to line Parsons over Neal in passing situations, Neal ain’t ready for that just yet.

This one will be slightly prettier than the Broncos 49ers game last night

I have to say, the peeps telling Giants fans to keep their heads up, worrying about our win totals and such, crack me up. The team is watchable again. I don't think any right minded Giants fan was thinking Superbowl based on their 2-0 start. It is a bad team. They were never going 16-0. They very likely have some really bad blowouts coming up in their future. I don't care, as I think the new front office actually knows how to get stuff done. Can't fix 10 years of GM malpractice in one offseason. I'll happily take watchable.

And I am thinking we've seen the last of Sheppard. I wish he had a better game to go out on. That looked horrible.

I have to say, the peeps telling Giants fans to keep their heads up, worrying about our win totals and such, crack me up. The team is watchable again. I don't think any right minded Giants fan was thinking Superbowl based on their 2-0 start. It is a bad team. They were never going 16-0. They very likely have some really bad blowouts coming up in their future. I don't care, as I think the new front office actually knows how to get stuff done. Can't fix 10 years of GM malpractice in one offseason. I'll happily take watchable.

And I am thinking we've seen the last of Sheppard. I wish he had a better game to go out on. That looked horrible.
Agree with this ... there are so many holes to fill it's impossible to expect too much from this team. They have been playing hard and they are competitive that's all you could ask right now.
The WRs are and absolute mess ... and Yeah I think that is the last we will see of Shep ...very strange non contact injury, It was not even an awkward movement or slip. Golladay definitely looks cooked, cant get open and now cant catch.

Giants desperately need CBs, LBers, WRs, and IOL ... not sure how they are going to fill all of these roles.

Disappointed in the rooks so far. Neal was absolutely tortured yesterday. It was one of the worst Oline performances I've ever seen. Thiibodeux has not shown anything at all so far dating back to preseason ... He doesn't look quick, explosive or powerful.

golladay is cooked. thought solder was his worst signing, but this is it.
Agreed. It might be one of the worst signings ever, regardless of the team. Besides the fact that even if he were on his rookie deal, he would be a cut candidate with the way he's been playing. Not only is the contract so bad it makes it impossible to cut him, but nobody else was interested in him. Gettleman was negotiating with himself. It's one thing to get a highly sought after player for too much, but in this case the contract given to him wasn't even market value for him. It was Gettleman's value.

I was disappointed in the defense last night. Almost zero pressure on the Cooper Rush at all last night. I understand that Leo was out, and it was just the 1st game for Azeez & Thibodeux but I still expected a bit more from the defense.
Turns out they only had 10 players on the field for the Zeke TD.

Yes,defense was a big disappointment,hopefull with snaps the pressure increases
The receivers get no separation,Jones has to run for his life and then try to fit a perfect pass into someone most of the time.
Neal will get better,he got a tough lesson last night.
Shepard going down hurts an already less than average group.
We're building,slowly. Offensive line,receivers(maybe Toney and Robinson will help)
We're gonna get there

Toney can't be relied on. If he ever sees significant playing time again I would just consider it a bonus, but in no way do I expect anything from him at this point. They really need Robinson to step up. They took him over Pickens.

This was a devastating injury, underwent seven surgeries, hoping he can follow the Richie Seubert arc.

Duggan

"Good news heading into the weekend: The plan is for OL Nick Gates to be activated from the PUP list next week, per sources. The one-year anniversary of Gates' gruesome leg injury just passed. "

"Once Gates gets activated, he can practice with the team for up to 21 days. Once that window ends, he'll either be added to the active roster or revert to PUP for the rest of the season. No way of knowing how his leg will respond, but incredible that he's reached this point."

GIANTS WEEK 4 STATUSES

Out:

CB Cor’Dale Flott (Calf)
CB Nick McCloud (Hamstring)
WR Wan’Dale Robinson (Knee)
WR Kadarius Toney (Hamstring) - SHOCKER, at this point Nick Gates suiting up before him wouldn't surprise me.
DL Leonard Williams (Knee)

Feels like some revisionist history with Golladay. He was the #1 receiver on the market when he was a FA. His market was depressed coming out of the pandemic so it looked like the $17-18 he was expecting would turn into 14-15 million... and for some reason Gettleman gave him that massive deal with other teams waiting his market out.

Golladay was fine last year, but he's a bad fit for the current version of Daniel Jones. And to make it worse the geniuses last year sat Jones for virtually the whole preseason so he couldn't get in-game work,

Feels like some revisionist history with Golladay. He was the #1 receiver on the market when he was a FA. His market was depressed coming out of the pandemic so it looked like the $17-18 he was expecting would turn into 14-15 million... and for some reason Gettleman gave him that massive deal with other teams waiting his market out.

Golladay was fine last year, but he's a bad fit for the current version of Daniel Jones. And to make it worse the geniuses last year sat Jones for virtually the whole preseason so he couldn't get in-game work,
Yeah I thought not playing the guys in the preseason last year was a mistake and said so at that time.

Golladay seems to have been hit with the Chuck Knoblouch syndrome. I hope he can regain his confidence soon. I suspect that he will get a lot of opportunities because of the injuries. Hopefully he can do something with the opportunities.

Strange game with massive casualties ... but somehow we are 3-1
We desperately need Leonard Williams, Wendale and Toney back next week

Daniel Jones - Ankle (Returned but limited)
Tyrod Taylor - Concussion
Julian Love -Concussiom
Aaron Robinson - Knee
Evan Neal - Neck
Kenny Golladay - Knee
Glowinski - Ankle (Returned)
Henry Mondeaux - Ankle (carted off)

Last edited:
Yup. The injury list is going to be massive after this game. Neal going out with a neck isn't going to help. I think a guard went out too, but I missed the update on that one. I was somewhat surprised that the Giants didn't have an emergency QB. I did like Barkley taking snaps. Not a recipe for long term success, but it was fun!

I have to crap on Daboli a bit... the Daniel Jones runs are nice when the D doesn't account for him, but he's going to get killed if you do it too much. Now you hope Daniel's ankle isn't a high sprain or he's done for 4-6 weeks.

That goes double for T-Mobile, what is he doing taking on a defender headfirst AND NOT SLIDING?

I have to crap on Daboli a bit... the Daniel Jones runs are nice when the D doesn't account for him, but he's going to get killed if you do it too much. Now you hope Daniel's ankle isn't a high sprain or he's done for 4-6 weeks.

That goes double for T-Mobile, what is he doing taking on a defender headfirst AND NOT SLIDING?
I dont think its a high ankle sprain or he wouldnt have made it back into the game

I am not sure what Taylor was thinking by going into that tackle so hard. A slide would have been a better choice. If he manages the rest of the game, gets the win, he becomes every franchise's favorite player: The winning backup QB. He would have had people saying "oh clearly Taylor should be starting!!!" all week long.

Instead he inadvertently put the lie to what Johnson and others were saying: "Oh Jones can't stay healthy". Of course he can't. No QB can behind that crappy OL. Jones has survived longer than most QBs could. Taylor made it, what 3 whole drives?

Hopefully both of these guys heal quick.

Users who are viewing this thread