What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 New York Football Giants (under new management of Schoen & Daboll) (2 Viewers)

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21

Just to hit on the other IR/PUP guys: OL Matt Peart said he’s getting close. CB Rodarius Williams looks like he’s close. OL Shane Lemieux is making progress, but probably a few weeks away. There’s also some strategy with the timing on when starting players’ clocks.
Looks like they are going to needPeart sooner than later

Elijah Moore wants to be traded ... Giants and Jet Should swap troubled WRs Toney and Moore to see if a change of scenerie helps

Tom Rock link
@TomRock_Newsday

Initial word in Daniel Bellinger tonight is he will likely require surgery but his vision seems to be OK. Flew home w team. Will visit an ophthalmologist in NY tomorrow.

Another close game thriller for the G-Men! This one seems to have been costly in terms of injuries. Neal, Bredeson and Bellinger all seem to have suffered injures that will keep them out for a while. I haven’t seen anything but it looked like Wan’Dale Robinson got hurt too.

Jones has improved on his ball security quite a bit this season (though he did get lucky with the interception being overturned by the roughing call). I have always said that Jones needs to use his legs 5-8 times a game to steal a few 1st downs and keep drives alive. He is doing even more than that now.

The defense gives up a ton of yards but somehow they keep the other teams out of the endzone and they keep the score close.

I’m enjoying the ride, they are fun to watch.

O- linemen go down,TE goes down,no receivers to speak of,D still not healthy. They find a way again. This is some rebuild.
Gotta get me one of those Dabs t-shirts

didn't catch this at the end of the game, but man, glad Julian Love is ok. pretty vicious hit from behind from #79 Luke Fortner.
Scummy move by Fortner .... Forward progress had long stopped and the pile was moving backwards. Cant tell from the Video but the play was probably whistled dead at that point. plus that should be considered a block in the back. Lowered his shoulder right into his lower back

"Giants rookie tight end Daniel Bellinger will undergo surgery Thursday to repair the fractured eye socket he sustained after being jabbed in the left eye by a Jaguars linebacker during Sunday’s game in Jacksonville. A source indicated that Bellinger is hopeful that he will be able to return this season and possibly as early as the team’s Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys in Dallas.

As expected, the Giants moved quickly to add a tight end to the roster Tuesday. The team signed Andre Miller to the practice squad to give themselves some depth at tight end....."

"Giants rookie tight end Daniel Bellinger will undergo surgery Thursday to repair the fractured eye socket he sustained after being jabbed in the left eye by a Jaguars linebacker during Sunday’s game in Jacksonville. A source indicated that Bellinger is hopeful that he will be able to return this season and possibly as early as the team’s Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys in Dallas.

As expected, the Giants moved quickly to add a tight end to the roster Tuesday. The team signed Andre Miller to the practice squad to give themselves some depth at tight end....."
Is this the same small school kid that was playing well in camp? I think he was a WR in college

Is this the same small school kid that was playing well in camp? I think he was a WR in college
yes

@JordanRaanan: He’s back! Giants OL Nick Gates will be added to the active roster Wednesday, per source. His 21-day window on PUP expired today.

It’s the next step in an incredible comeback from gruesome leg injury. Gates needed 7 surgeries after fracturing his fibula + tibia Week 2 last year.

Paul Schwartz
@NYPost_Schwartz

Giants also start the clock on three players on Injured Reserve. OL Matt Peart, OLB Elerson Smith and CB Rodarius Williams all return to practice today.

Toney still not participating in practices
I really wish the Giants would get rid of him before the trade deadline but I guess nobody wants to get stuck with this headache

The Jets have 2 disgruntled WRs Mims and Elijah Moore who would both be better fits than Toney
Jeudy and Claypool are both said to be available ... swap or package Toney with a day 3 pick (.ie Toney and a 4th or 5th)

He's a 1st rd pick that has shown some talent ... Someone has to want him

Make it happen !!

I really wish the Giants would get rid of him before the trade deadline but I guess nobody wants to get stuck with this headache

The Jets have 2 disgruntled WRs Mims and Elijah Moore who would both be better fits than Toney
Jeudy and Claypool are both said to be available ... swap or package Toney with a day 3 pick (.ie Toney and a 4th or 5th)

Make it happen !!
Wish granted! Toney traded to KC for a 3rd and conditional 6
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1585673248087293960?s=20&t=zDQ2ZnPQ1-4c-mPfzEXNyA

Make it happen !!
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1585673248087293960?s=20&t=zDQ2ZnPQ1-4c-mPfzEXNyA
The Giant Insider Newspaper & Podcast
@GiantInsider

Daboll on Toney trade—“I thought it was best for team, on to Seattle.”

Make it happen !!
Happy he's gone but not happy with the return. It's a compensatory 3rd which is essentially early 4th and a 6th.
Chiefs 6th rd pick is basically UDFA

“We just thought it was for the best, for the team,” Daboll said of the trade before Thursday’s practice. “Wish Kadarius well. I’m not going to get into any of the details. Our decision is for the team, and we’re moving on.”

I'm surprised that the Giants were able to make this work under the cap. I thought that the dead money from his original signing bonus was more than they could handle in 2022?

I'm surprised that the Giants were able to make this work under the cap. I thought that the dead money from his original signing bonus was more than they could handle in 2022?
They have a GM now who actually understands how the business works. He threw out the abacus Gettleman had in his office.

Losing a first round talent for a comp 3rd and a 6th isn't a win regardless.
1) He shouldn't have been a 1st rd pk

Jaguars are already on record as saying they'd draft him if he got past the Giants later in the first. It's unfortunate he couldn't stay healthy but all in all it was a pick Giants didn't really need at the time and ultimately turned up as a waste. Everything else has no bearing on my point.

As far as damage not like he was a cancer in the locker room, he just was never around.

"I've never even been a part of a 10-win team. I'm trying to do everything to get back out there." Kenny Golladay wants to get healthy and contribute to the Giants"
I really respect Kenny Golladay for how he's handled all the bashing. He makes one comment on how Daniel Jones can't get him the ball because Jones can't throw into tight windows last year, he's suddenly labeled a "diva". We don't know the extent of the surgery he had, but then people rip him for being unable to create separation (despite NEVER being a guy who creates separation, his whole game is winning contested catches on an elite level) and other false narratives. Throughout it all he didn't **** on the fanbase or anything, he just worked on the side and rehabbed like a true professional. He COULD have went to Golden Tate route (who told no lies :rolleyes: ) but it wouldn't have been good for the team.

It's hard to not be impressed by this scrappy over-achieving team. I think the string of Ws comes to an end this week, but what fun is the NFCE this year!?

Unless I am misremembering, Toney was the pick that resulted after the Giants swapped picks with Chicago. Chicago picked Fields and the Giants traded down and got Toney. Dallas followed up the Chicago pick with Parsons...

In hindsight this is a massive blunder in the first round. As if we needed more evidence.

This is addition by subtraction. That draft capital was wasted the minute the Giants traded down. Its going to take years to recover from the near decade of GM-malpractice.

ETA: Ok, I dug in a little more. I forgot the Giants got multiple picks from that trade. They got Neal and Bellinger this year as part of that trade. So I suppose that takes a little of sting off from no picking Parsons. But it doesn't change my opinion about the Toney pick.

Last edited:
Unless I am misremembering, Toney was the pick that resulted after the Giants swapped picks with Chicago. Chicago picked Fields and the Giants traded down and got Toney. Dallas followed up the Chicago pick with Parsons...

In hindsight this is a massive blunder in the first round. As if we needed more evidence.

This is addition by subtraction. That draft capital was wasted the minute the Giants traded down. Its going to take years to recover from the near decade of GM-malpractice.

ETA: Ok, I dug in a little more. I forgot the Giants got multiple picks from that trade. They got Neal and Bellinger this year as part of that trade. So I suppose that takes a little of sting off from no picking Parsons. But it doesn't change my opinion about the Toney pick.
Lot of talk that they wanted Devonta Smith at #11, Philly traded up with Dallas to take him at #10. Giants trade out of #11, Dallas takes Parsons at #12. Giants got played. I liked the trade down after Devonta was taken but Toney was a bad pick.

I can't say that I follow college football closely, outside of watching my daughter's college FCS team. So it isn't like I am some draft savant or anything. I just liked what I saw of Parsons when they were talking about him and was hoping they'd take a line backer. The giants line backers have stunk so bad that I figured this was an obvious pick. So I was (and apparently am) bitter about how it all went down.

I am glad Toney is gone. He certainly seemed like he didn't want to be on the team.

I can't say that I follow college football closely, outside of watching my daughter's college FCS team. So it isn't like I am some draft savant or anything. I just liked what I saw of Parsons when they were talking about him and was hoping they'd take a line backer. The giants line backers have stunk so bad that I figured this was an obvious pick. So I was (and apparently am) bitter about how it all went down.

I am glad Toney is gone. He certainly seemed like he didn't want to be on the team.
truth. you have to go back to 2006 (Antonio Pierce) and 2001 (Jesse Armstead) for that last pro bowlers on this team at that position. DeOssie made in 08' and 10' but that was a special teamer.

Jaguars are already on record as saying they'd draft him if he got past the Giants later in the first. It's unfortunate he couldn't stay healthy but all in all it was a pick Giants didn't really need at the time and ultimately turned up as a waste. Everything else has no bearing on my point.

As far as damage not like he was a cancer in the locker room, he just was never around.
both him and Claypool are such enigmas. hard to figure out what is holding both back, but i think if Toney is to have a career getting traded to a team like KC will show it.

"I've never even been a part of a 10-win team. I'm trying to do everything to get back out there." Kenny Golladay wants to get healthy and contribute to the Giants"
I really respect Kenny Golladay for how he's handled all the bashing. He makes one comment on how Daniel Jones can't get him the ball because Jones can't throw into tight windows last year, he's suddenly labeled a "diva". We don't know the extent of the surgery he had, but then people rip him for being unable to create separation (despite NEVER being a guy who creates separation, his whole game is winning contested catches on an elite level) and other false narratives. Throughout it all he didn't **** on the fanbase or anything, he just worked on the side and rehabbed like a true professional. He COULD have went to Golden Tate route (who told no lies :rolleyes: ) but it wouldn't have been good for the team.
I like that ... great attitude.
A lot of people are saying the injury was more signficant than most people knew but Dumbazz Gettleman didnt care,
Would love to see him make it back ... the Golloday they thought they were getting is exactly what the Giants need right now

both him and Claypool are such enigmas. hard to figure out what is holding both back, but i think if Toney is to have a career getting traded to a team like KC will show it.
What an insult to Claypool ... Not sure why you would compare him to Toney ???? If Toney was 50% of what Claypool has been he'd still be a Giant and would easily be the best WR on the Giants.
Claypool had almost 900 yds and 9 tds a rookie??? Almost 900 yds last year ... he has 2000 yds and 12 TDs vs Toney 440 and 0 Tds ?

And Claypool was drafted late 2nd rd ... he been a great value

Just a midseason PSA, we want the Saints to win that weak division (the eagles have their 1st rounder next year). Ravens win was nice tonight.

Just a midseason PSA, we want the Saints to win that weak division (the eagles have their 1st rounder next year). Ravens win was nice tonight.
I dont know how the Eagles do it?? Every year they are good and ever year they have multiple 1st rd pcks

I dont know how the Eagles do it?? Every year they are good and ever year they have multiple 1st rd pcks

The Eagles very well could get a haul for the Saints pick if it lands in the area where one of the top QBs are going to get drafted.

Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN

#Giants TE Daniel Bellinger underwent successful surgery to correct fractures on lower window of eye socket and damage to septum, per source. Player hopes to return in 2-6 weeks, but separate source says 4-6 weeks could be more reasonable, depending on healing.

I see a lot of talk about the Giants and Jerry Jeudy in various national articles
Can someone explain the infatuation with Jeudy to me?

I see a lot of talk about the Giants and Jerry Jeudy in various national articles
Can someone explain the infatuation with Jeudy to me?
I thought I saw that there was a Daboll link with Jeudy. So it seems that it is a known entity for a position group that needs a lot of help. I'll try to find the article again.

ETA:

Jeudy played ok today. Had 6 catches for 63 and a TD. Broncos are saying that he not on the table. Not sure he’s the guy that Danny Dimes needs.

Disgusting !! Giants looked absolutely pathetic today ... 6-11 is not out of the questions
I've never seen so many players look so indecisive with he ball in their hands as I did today
Barkley was horrible indecisive and went down like he was about 150lb RB! James disgustingly bad indecisive and baby hands! Jones ran at all of the wrong times and didnt run when he should have! That Terrible TE Tanner Hudson ... didnt know to get out of bounds twice!! Marcus Johnson cant catch anything 1 of 6 targets and all of them hit hom in the hands.
Also, and I hate to say it, Kayvon Thibodeaux kinda sux. He runs full speed around the blockers and takes himself out of the play. He has no power or pass rush skill and relies 100% on speed rush

Thank God for the Bye week ... Giants need to get WR help somehow

Users who are viewing this thread