What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 New York Football Giants (under new management of Schoen & Daboll) (1 Viewer)

"The Giants have $14.4M in cap space according to the NFLPA after the Jones and Davis signings and the Saquon tag (it counts on the cap as soon it's applied). They'll create another ~$6M when Golladay is released on Wednesday.

That's plenty of room, especially with avenues to create more space (extensions for Saquon and Dexter Lawrence, *something* with Leonard Williams' contract)."
I've heard that Galloday is going to be a post June 1st cut
Making him a pre-June 1 cut saves $6.7 million, but the savings it does generate could be used when free agency opens on March 15 but $6.8m cap hit in 2024
Making Golladay a post-June 1 cut saves $13.5 million but that savings does not take effect until June well after free agency opens but there will be no cap hit in 2024

I've heard that Galloday is going to be a post June 1st cut
Making him a pre-June 1 cut saves $6.7 million, but the savings it does generate could be used when free agency opens on March 15 but $6.8m cap hit in 2024
Making Golladay a post-June 1 cut saves $13.5 million but that savings does not take effect until June well after free agency opens but there will be no cap hit in 2024

"...Giants General Manager Joe Schoen confirmed as much during a Wednesday press conference. Schoen also indicated that the Giants will likely be “taking our medicine” this year in terms of the cap hit rather than making Golladay a post-June 1 cut to spread the hit out into next year.

That route clears $6.7 million in cap space while leaving $14.7 million in dead money on the cap. The 2023 cap savings would go up to $13.5 million if the Giants went the other route, but ripping the Band-Aid all the way off now keeps things in better shape for 2024."

49ers signed DT Javon Hargrave to 4 years - 84M
I mention it here because I'm guessing the Giants are going to have to pay Dex something similar.

Giants have re-signed the following players so far today
Jamie Gillan - P
Casey Kretier - LS
Wyatt Davis - G

Damn Bears Just signed the top 2 MLBs Edmunds and Edwards !!
Edwards at only $19.5 million over three years with $12 million in guaranteed money.

Phins traded a 3rd rd pick for Jalen Ramsey !!!!! Are you kidding me !!!!!! We have 2 x 3rd rd picks ... I'd give our 1st rd pick for Ramsey !!!!!!!!

"The #Giants big splash of free agency: Sources say they have agreed to terms with #Colts FA LB Bobby Okereke, giving them a new face in the middle of their defense.

It's a 4-year, $40M deal with $22M guaranteed."
Wow ... I'm pretty disappointed to say the least.
Is this this guy much better than Edwards??? He most be twice as good !!! Cause we are paying him like he is !
Edwards at only $19.5 million over three years with $12 million in guaranteed money.

2nd Highest paid MLB so far ... by a lot !!! Twice as has much as the next MLB !

I hate to say it cause I know I'll get ripped ... But I am really unimpressed with Schoen so far. Hired good coaches yes ! But Last years draft sucked after pick 5 in the 1st rd ... 2 of 11 picks hit so far
Now we have money for FAs and this is what we do ???

Please dont make Galloday a pre-june1st cut if this is what we are going to do with the money !

Last edited:
Giants signed DL Rakeem Nunez-Rochez from Tampa Bay
3 years 12M (7.5M guaranteed) He's 30 years old

Giants receive mixed grades for Bobby Okereke addition​

Pretty much everyone believes the Giants overpaid ... really disappointed in Schoen

Here are the Free Agent LB contracts ... just mind boggling what Okereke received ... Well above OTC and Spotrac projections

Last edited:

"The #Giants big splash of free agency: Sources say they have agreed to terms with #Colts FA LB Bobby Okereke, giving them a new face in the middle of their defense.

Is this this guy much better than
Edwards
??? He most be twice as good !!! Cause we are paying him like he is !
Edwards
at only $19.5 million over three years with $12 million in guaranteed money.

2nd Highest paid MLB so far ... by a lot !!! Twice as has much as the next MLB !

I hate to say it cause I know I'll get ripped ... But I am really unimpressed with Schoen so far. Hired good coaches yes ! But Last years draft sucked after pick 5 in the 1st rd ... 2 of 11 picks hit so far

Please dont make Galloday a pre-june1st cut if this is what we are going to do with the money !
It certainly does look like he overpaid for Okereke based on PFF grades from last season and the contracts signed.
Okereke 73.3 PFF – 4 years 40M (22 gtd)
Edwards 84.8 PFF – 3 years 19.5M (12 gtd)
Pratt 80.6 PFF – 3 years 20.2M (7 gtd)

Is this this guy much better than
Edwards
??? He most be twice as good !!! Cause we are paying him like he is !
Edwards
at only $19.5 million over three years with $12 million in guaranteed money.

It certainly does look like he overpaid for Okereke based on PFF grades from last season and the contracts signed.
Okereke 73.3 PFF – 4 years 40M (22 gtd)
Edwards 84.8 PFF – 3 years 19.5M (12 gtd)
Pratt 80.6 PFF – 3 years 20.2M (7 gtd)
I agree, he does look a bit overpaid compared to edwards/pratt.

Edmunds got 4/$72 (50 gtd) with a 79.0 PFF though.

Gotta believe Wink had some input on who he wanted. Position needed an upgrade and contract doesn't look egregious. 26 yr old, 3 down linebacker.

Don't understand this. You're playing hardball with Saquon and you pay Brieda "up to" 2.3 mill? Giants have Gary Brightwell in Year 3 of his 4 year deal making cheap money waiting in the wings, for the love of God use him as the backup.

I'm all for saving money when you can, but they certainly didn't do that with Jones/Okereke/technically Brieda (yes his contact is incentive-laden but yeah)

Don't understand this. You're playing hardball with Saquon and you pay Brieda "up to" 2.3 mill? Giants have Gary Brightwell in Year 3 of his 4 year deal making cheap money waiting in the wings, for the love of God use him as the backup.

I'm all for saving money when you can, but they certainly didn't do that with Jones/Okereke/technically Brieda (yes his contact is incentive-laden but yeah)
I dont think the Giants are willing to go with Brightwell If Saquan sits out or gets injured

Now punter Jamie Gillan on a two-year, $4 million deal worth up to $5 million with incentives ???? That's another head scratcher for a bad Punter

I dont think the Giants are willing to go with Brightwell If Saquan sits out or gets injured

Now punter Jamie Gillan on a two-year, $4 million deal worth up to $5 million with incentives ???? That's another head scratcher for a bad Punter
yeah, the scottish hammer really needs to work on his directional punting. too many touchbacks and not enough pins.

Looks like Julian Love may be gone with this trade unless they extend Leo's 32mm cap hit.

Draft wise, looks like WR/CB in the first imo or DL/Edge or possibly C. Options.

In a deep tight end class coming out
They have a young guy they like already in Bellinger and TEs rarely hit the ground running as rookies.
As long as Waller can stay healthy he will be a great addition for Jones to throw to. We will be seeing a lot of 2 TE sets this year.
I agree with this. Not sure how big an IF that is, but its not a small one. Waller is a savvy route runner and gets open quite easily.

Looks like Julian Love may be gone with this trade unless they extend Leo's 32mm cap hit.

Draft wise, looks like WR/CB in the first imo or DL/Edge or possibly C. Options.
At this point I think I'd just let Big Cat walk. Really want Love back in the building in 2023.

EDIT: Waller is a good move and compensation wasn't much. He's relaible when healthy and to me this might mean a lot more 3 TE sets (Bellinger the blocking TE and Waller/Cager the move TEs). As long as he can still be a savvy route runner and exploit zones he'll have no issues with Jones.

Side note, the perfect draft at this point would be Giants pairing him with Addison in the 1st or the best CB/LB available. I'm not sure Quentin Johnson would work well with Jones' skillset.

At this point I think I'd just let Big Cat walk. Really want Love back in the building in 2023.

EDIT: Waller is a good move and compensation wasn't much. He's relaible when healthy and to me this might mean a lot more 3 TE sets (Bellinger the blocking TE and Waller/Cager the move TEs). As long as he can still be a savvy route runner and exploit zones he'll have no issues with Jones.

Side note, the perfect draft at this point would be Giants pairing him with Addison in the 1st or the best CB/LB available. I'm not sure Quentin Johnson would work well with Jones' skillset.
They were in need of depth at DT when FA started, you think they should let Leo walk?

In a deep tight end class coming out
They have a young guy they like already in Bellinger and TEs rarely hit the ground running as rookies.
As long as Waller can stay healthy he will be a great addition for Jones to throw to. We will be seeing a lot of 2 TE sets this year.
I agree with this. Not sure how big an IF that is, but its not a small one. Waller is a savvy route runner and gets open quite easily.
It's a very big IF in my opinion

@Yenrub based on his production (lack of), the young guys you can draft to replace him, and his cap figure... yeah. Basically right now he's ok but basically the same guy on the Jets that kinda gets close and kinda affects the play but doesn't get the sack/numbers. Unless he has a monster season I'm ok with him leaving after 2024.

I think C is more important than both WR/CB particularly after the Waller trade ... You have Waller, Shepard, Wandale and Hodgins ... not great and Injury prone , but not horrible either.
Center has been holding this Oline back from jelling. Giants need to take one the big 3 centers in the 1st 2 Rounds
John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota. ...
Joe Tippman, C, Wisconsin. ...
Luke Wypler*, C, Ohio State.

I think C is more important than both WR/CB particularly after the Waller trade ... You have Waller, Shepard, Wandale and Hodgins ... not great and Injury prone , but not horrible either.
Center has been holding this Oline back from jelling. Giants need to take one the big 3 centers in the 1st 2 Rounds
John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota. ...
Joe Tippman, C, Wisconsin. ...
Luke Wypler*, C, Ohio State.
would not be a remote thrower for me if they went C at 25.

Eagles sign Rashaad Penny for $1.35m ... how does ths team do it???

Rashaad Penny's rank among ball carriers with 100+ attempts in 2022, per PFF
  • Yards per carry: 1st (6.1)
  • Yards after contact per attempt: 1st (4.23)
  • Breakaway rate: 1st (50.9%)
  • Elusive Rating: 5th

@Yenrub based on his production (lack of), the young guys you can draft to replace him, and his cap figure... yeah. Basically right now he's ok but basically the same guy on the Jets that kinda gets close and kinda affects the play but doesn't get the sack/numbers. Unless he has a monster season I'm ok with him leaving after 2024.
I must have misunderstood your post. I got the impression you wanted Leo gone before the 2023 season.

How do they do it???
Dude Penny has NEVER played a full season in the NFL.
2 season of 5 or less games
2 season of 10 games
1 season of 14 games

He's the ultimate RB tease and I say this as a longtime Chris Carson owner back in the day. Penny always picked up some nagging soft-tissue injury in Seattle; guy is made of glass, toothpicks and dreams. His latest best shot was trying to inflate his market before Ken Walker took over at RB and he broke his leg against the Saints Week 5.

How do they do it???
Dude Penny has NEVER played a full season in the NFL.
2 season of 5 or less games
2 season of 10 games
1 season of 14 games
This is extremely low risk extremely high reward! Penny has been unbelievably good when healthy ... 5.7 yds per carry and on the Eagles ... scary thought?
I take my chances for $1.35m

Users who are viewing this thread