What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles thread for ALL Fans - Open discussion of football players. No use of the word “hater” or “troll” All are welcome. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEADYMOBBIN 22

Footballguy
First off I want to say that 2022 Eagles are the best constructed team of this season. They’re an extremely talented team. Probably the most talented team in the league. Hurts has been really good and they have the best DL,OL and WR corp in the league.

However, due to several Eagles posters being upset when other posters criticize their players in their thread, I started this thread so we can discuss the Eagles without them getting upset. They’re more than welcome to chime in but all I ask is that they don’t get upset and start calling people haters and trolls.

All are welcome, leave your feelings for other grown men that you don’t know personally in your threads.

Last edited:
Hurts. Impressed me the most with his work ethic in the off-season. Last year he was atrocious. He does have possibly the best receiving corp in the league but he still needs to make those throws.

He might be the best running QB to develop since Steve Young.

Fwiw, I think the Eagles are going to win next week.
I sure hope I’m wrong

My hope is Hurts continues to come up small on the biggest stages

Yeah their team is STACKED. I don’t see how they keep all these players on one year deals but they’ve got a great core.

With my praise of Hurts above - more than likely he’s going to flame out. He is playing with house money right now. He would not be the player he is this year without al that surrounding talent- which is true for every player in this league. You surround them with talent and they collectively do well, it’s just the QB gets praise.

I wonder what happens when some of that talent is gone. Will Hurts have improved enough or is just like every other running quaterback, once his legs are gone is he toast? (See Michael Vick who’s probably the single best runner at QB this league has ever seen imo).

I sure hope I’m wrong

Yeah their team is STACKED. I don’t see how they keep all these players on one year deals but they’ve got a great core.

With my praise of Hurts above - more than likely he’s going to flame out. He is playing with house money right now. He would not be the player he is this year without al that surrounding talent- which is true for every player in this league. You surround them with talent and they collectively do well, it’s just the QB gets praise.

I wonder what happens when some of that talent is gone. Will Hurts have improved enough or is just like every other running quaterback, once his legs are gone is he toast? (See Michael Vick who’s probably the single best runner at QB this league has ever seen imo).
i think Hurts will carry over. he has his skill positions for the next 2-4 years (don't know all the contracts off my head). the only piece on offense that will be off-season consideration is the RG and Miles Sanders. so next year should be good.

now on defense, whew boy. i think 7 of the starters are impending free agents

I sure hope I’m wrong

i think Hurts will carry over. he has his skill positions for the next 2-4 years (don't know all the contracts off my head). the only piece on offense that will be off-season consideration is the RG and Miles Sanders. so next year should be good.

Worst part of football is imo, the financials. Personally I like dynasties and homegrown talent. Its unfortunate that when you get a group a guys together like you have -they dont always stick together.

Ive been advocating for a decade that the NFL should have a cap break on resigning players that they drafted. Keeping teams together will get you a FAR more cohesive team and imo, overall a better product.

Let's just ignore this thread and watch it just be steady and cbfan. It'll die quickly when steady is talking to himself because cbfan has no eagles fans to diss, and already runs out of football things to discuss after his 1 post.

Let's just ignore this thread and watch it just be steady and cbfan. It'll die quickly when steady is talking to himself because cbfan has no eagles fans to diss, and already runs out of football things to discuss after his 1 post.
And another

If you can’t just stick to talking about football, please leave. I created this thread to avoid exactly what you did.

THANK YOU for validating why I did this.

I sure hope I’m wrong

Worst part of football is imo, the financials. Personally I like dynasties and homegrown talent. Its unfortunate that when you get a group a guys together like you have -they dont always stick together.

Ive been advocating for a decade that the NFL should have a cap break on resigning players that they drafted. Keeping teams together will get you a FAR more cohesive team and imo, overall a better product.
Luckily eagles have done well with this. I remember less than a year ago many were saying how bad at drafting Howie Roseman is at drafting. There are some doozies for sure, but this is a fun comparison

Grr trying to copy something from my phone. It is a graph showing eagles offense is all home grown drafted outside of aj brown. Compared to kc, who has only 5 offensive starters who they drafted.

I sure hope I’m wrong

Given Hurt's development, he should be fine for the next 5 years as long as they keep a dominant O line (which the Eagles always make a priority). Now, when you're paying him 40 mil, that's money you aren't spending elsewhere, so especially the talent on defense won't be there. But that's the challenge for every team, and why even HOF QB's like Brees only won one Super Bowl their whole career.

If I had to guess, I'd say he won't have as long a career once his legs go...but he's 24. I'm happy to take a high ceiling the next few years and see what happens.

If you can’t just stick to talking about football, please leave. I created this thread to avoid exactly what you did.

Says the guy that won't call out certain other posters for "not stick to football" in the other thread.

You legit made another eagles thread as a cowboys fan, after mocking eagles fans in that thread for being obsessed with your team.

Says the guy that won't call out certain other posters for "not stick to football" in the other thread.

You legit made another eagles thread as a cowboys fan, after mocking eagles fans in that thread for being obsessed with your team.
And another

And another
Imagine if people quoted you everytime you talked about eagles fans. It would be pages long.

:lmao:

I sure hope I’m wrong

Luckily eagles have done well with this. I remember less than a year ago many were saying how bad at drafting Howie Roseman is at drafting. There are some doozies for sure, but this is a fun comparison

Grr trying to copy something from my phone. It is a graph showing eagles offense is all home grown drafted outside of aj brown. Compared to kc, who has only 5 offensive starters who they drafted.

Without looking I am under the impression from reading your guys over the years that Howie is bad at drafting but one of the absolute best at trades.

I sure hope I’m wrong

Given Hurt's development, he should be fine for the next 5 years as long as they keep a dominant O line (which the Eagles always make a priority). Now, when you're paying him 40 mil, that's money you aren't spending elsewhere, so especially the talent on defense won't be there. But that's the challenge for every team, and why even HOF QB's like Brees only won one Super Bowl their whole career.

If I had to guess, I'd say he won't have as long a career once his legs go...but he's 24. I'm happy to take a high ceiling the next few years and see what happens.

I agree. He would be an outlier to continue to improve but as I said before he’s proven everyone (including me,) wrong. I should have known this from his strong re-emergence after getting replaced in Alabama.

Risk of injury is still super high but if they can keep the line solid, I agree with you.

Please stop doing this. Do you have anything football related to discuss? We can do this type of awfulness in your thread.

Please stop doing this. Do you have anything football related to discuss? We can do this type of awfulness in your thread.
Yep lots of football related in the normal thread. This is basically you talking to yourself.

If you posted football stuff like this in the regular thread you'd likely get good discussion.

And another
Imagine if people quoted you everytime you talked about eagles fans. It would be pages long.

So? You care what others say about you? Why?

PLEASE, please please stop and keep this about football. Last time I’m gonna ask.

And another

PLEASE, please please stop and keep this about football. Last time I’m gonna ask.
Before what, you tell Joe on me? You already did that then quickly deleted it.

You've suddenly become able to post unbiased football discussion as soon as you start your own eagles thread. Ironic.

@Cowboysfan8 @Wingnut Feel free to have open and honest football discussions about any and all players without fear of being called a hater!
I think this would be a good place for @DJackson10 to post his feeling about Hurts without getting crucified also

That reminds me….

I love Parsons and all but I’m not a fan of his social media posts in general. Just too much of it.

He seemed to wear down or at least teams found a way to prevent him from being sooo disruptive.

I kinda want him at linebacker more.

And another

You've suddenly become able to post unbiased football discussion as soon as you start your own eagles thread. Ironic.

@Joe Bryant Please ask this dude to leave. I think he’s having a mental breakdown.
@Joe Bryant please merge, there's 2 eagles threads.

And another

@Joe Bryant Please ask this dude to leave. I think he’s having a mental breakdown.

What’s your deal weirdo? I started a thread to get away from your soft *** feelings and you won’t go away.

Please go away :stalker:

And another
I’m trying to show you that people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. Do you not get that?

And another

What’s your deal weirdo? I started a thread to get away from your soft *** feelings and you won’t go away.

Please

And another
I’m trying to show you that people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. Do you not get that?
You're doing a horrible job of it.

And another

Please

And another
And another

And another

Please

And another
And another
And another by you

Risk of injury is still super high but if they can keep the line solid, I agree with you.
Obviously running gives defenses more opportunities to pop a QB, but I think more big hits happen in the pocket. Hurts is built much more solid than Jackson.

It really seems the NFL is trending towards this type of QB now, with defenders being so fast
themselves. Maybe the new trend will also include later round QBs that are built to run with he ball as backups to their starters that are that, plus the ability to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread