What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 QB purgatory- overreaction? (1 Viewer)

greenmountaingoat

Footballguy
We'll probably look back at this and many of these will be cringeworthy but I can't just sit back.

Typical order 12 team redraft:
  • Allen
  • Mahomes/Herbert
  • Kyler/Hurts/Lamar.
  • All 6 top QBs are top 8 as of the moment. Herbert's ribs not withstanding, you're OK

Y'all are doing fine. Everyone else that was drafted as a lower tier QB1 is sucking rocks right now. Absolutely sucking rocks.

Burrow, Carr and Lawrence drafters, the boat's holding water. QB 11,13,14. Burrow's line's going to get better, Lawrence QB 14 is right about where we expected. He's even returning plus value ish.

Brady and Rodgers- QB 28 and 29. Pocket passers that lost weapons and OLine pieces. Probably benching for now? 12 team redraft, they're both hugely problematic as bench cloggers. Facing each other in a matchup of good defenses. If you're 0-2, you can't afford to stand pat.

Russ- QB 18, Cousins QB 19. Yikes. Stafford, that Bills D is no joke, maybe he rights the ship? Dak might be worth a stash but that whole offense looks like it's in trouble. Maybe the OLine can gel while he heals. Lance is out for the year. Fields QB 25. Isn't set up for success. May not ever.

The GOOD. If they're on your wire and you've been getting your keester kicked, go out there and work it.

QB 5- Tua. Faced what may turn out to be a good NE Defense in week 1. He may or may not be the most talented QB but the coaching and weapons are elevators. Baltimore's passing D, yikes! Tough test versus Buffalo this week.

QB 4- Wentz- Jax week 1 is looking better in the rear view. Matching up against a good eagles D this week but next week at Dallas then Ten, Chi. Seems like he could be startable. we know he was inconsistent last year but the weapons in WAS are good. Lots of plus matchups the rest of the year sprinkled in with the tougher ones.

QB 9- Goff. Great O Line, great weapons. 15 points against a very good Eagles team and 26 against WSH. Min and Sea incoming. Very startable so far.

QB 12- Mariota- Atlanta's been frisky and he runs a bit. 88 yards and a TD on the ground. Struggled vs LAR but Seattle and Cleveland incoming. SURE. TB in 3 weeks, probably not lol.

QB 10- Joe Flacco. Yup. Here we are. They're throwing the crap out of the ball. 103 pass attempts. Garrett Wilson looks legit. Moore and Davis are good. the RBs are good. Hell, even Tyler Conklin looks like a back end TE1. The defense is bad. Cincinnati and Pittsburgh aren't great matchups though. Zach Wilson's knee might take a little longer to heal up?

Last edited:
We'll probably look back at this and many of these will be cringeworthy but I can't just sit back.

• Allen
  • Mahomes/Herbert
  • Kyler/Hurts/Lamar.
  • All 6 top QBs are top 8 as of the moment. Herbert's ribs not withstanding, you're OK

Y'all are doing fine. Everyone else that was drafted as a lower tier QB1 is sucking rocks right now. Absolutely sucking rocks.

Burrow, Carr and Lawrence drafters, the boat's holding water. QB 11,13,14. Burrow's line's going to get better, Lawrence QB 14 is right about where we expected. He's even returning plus value ish.

Brady and Rodgers- QB 28 and 29. Pocket passers that lost weapons and OLine pieces. Probably benching for now? 12 team redraft, they're both hugely problematic as bench cloggers. Facing each other in a matchup of good defenses. If you're 0-2, you can't afford to stand pat.

Russ- QB 18, Cousins QB 19. Yikes. Stafford, that Bills D is no joke, maybe he rights the ship? Dak might be worth a stash but that whole offense looks like it's in trouble. Maybe the OLine can gel while he heals. Lance is out for the year. Fields QB 25. Isn't set up for success. May not ever.

The GOOD. If they're on your wire and you've been getting your keester kicked, go out there and work it.

QB 5- Tua. Faced what may turn out to be a good NE Defense in week 1. He may or may not be the most talented QB but the coaching and weapons are elevators. Baltimore's passing D, yikes! Tough test versus Buffalo this week.

QB 4- Wentz- Jax week 1 is looking better in the rear view. Matching up against a good eagles D this week but next week at Dallas then Ten, Chi. Seems like he could be startable. we know he was inconsistent last year but the weapons in WAS are good. Lots of plus matchups the rest of the year sprinkled in with the tougher ones.

QB 9- Goff. Great O Line, great weapons. 15 points against a very good Eagles team and 26 against WSH. Min and Sea incoming. Very startable so far.

QB 12- Mariota- Atlanta's been frisky and he runs a bit. 88 yards and a TD on the ground. Struggled vs LAR but Seattle and Cleveland incoming. SURE. TB in 3 weeks, probably not lol.

QB 10- Joe Flacco. Yup. Here we are. They're throwing the crap out of the ball. 103 pass attempts. Garrett Wilson looks legit. Moore and Davis are good. the RBs are good. Hell, even Tyler Conklin looks like a back end TE1. The defense is bad. Cincinnati and Pittsburgh aren't great matchups though. Zach Wilson's knee might take a little longer to heal up?

I wish I had seen this 2 weeks ago.

• Allen
  • Mahomes/Herbert
  • Kyler/Hurts/Lamar.

So you could have picked up the #4 QB Carson Wentz!!!

• Allen
  • Mahomes/Herbert
  • Kyler/Hurts/Lamar.

So you could have picked up the #4 QB Carson Wentz!!!

Goeff, Mariota.

I built a great team but all those points on the bench aren't helping me make up what I spotting the Allen and LJax owners each week.

Glad to have found this thread, since I was planning on starting something similar.

JJ Zachariason mentioned on his podcast today that the Big Four (Allen, Lamar, Hurts, Mahomes) are averaging 8ppg more than QBs 5-12. In a typical year that spread is 2-4ppg.

There have basically been no late-round breakouts so far this year a la Mahomes '18 or Lamar '19. Instead what we've gotten is undrafted vets playing way beyond their previous output. Wentz and Goff have already come back down to earth, and Geno may soon, but you probably have to ride them as long as you can.

Biggest story has been the established vets who have completely crapped the bed. Brady gets a pass because he lost all his weapons early and seems to be getting back to his expected production. But Rodgers, Russ and Stafford have basically gone from quality starters to (at least with the latter two) totally droppable.

Meanwhile, the middle tier of Burrow, Carr, Cousins and Lawrence have basically performed like ... middle tier QBs. You got what you paid for them, which isn't a particularly good thing, since what you most want out of the QB position is upside

Finally starting to get into the byes now and hopefully will see a few of these QBs start getting dropped to the wire as teams have to manage benches and injuries and byes simultaneously. So far this week I've seen Tua, Rodgers, Goff, Tannehill all dropped for waiver adds.

Drafted Hurts as the 10th QB taken in my draft so naturally pleased with the results overall so far but he concerns me a bit, think he's only thrown like 4 tds in 5 games and that Eagles DEF is top quality so shootouts are rare, plus is his rushing production sustainable??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread