What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Rookie Rankings Post NFL draft - pick 1.10 (CLOSED) (1 Viewer)

TE Premium

• RB Rachaad White, TB

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • RB Dameon Pierce, HOU

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • RB Isaiah Spiller, LAC

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • RB Zamir White, LV

• RB Brian Robinson Jr. - WAS

• WR Christian Watson, GB

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • WR Jahan Dotson, WAS

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • WR George Pickens, PIT

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • WR Alec Pierce, IND

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • WR David Bell, CLE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR John Metchie III - HOU

• QB Kenny Pickett, PIT

• TE Trey McBride, ARZ

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Don’t play in this format

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Other (please post who you voted for)

• Total voters

Faust

MVP
Link to the previous poll:

2022 Rookie Rankings Post NFL draft - pick 1.09

Standard Scoring

1.01 RB Breece Hall, NYJ (78%)

1.02 RB Kenneth Walker III - SEA (79%)

1.03 WR Drake London, ATL (32%)

1.04 WR Garrett Wilson, NYJ (36%)

1.05 WR Jameson Williams, DET (52%)

1.06 WR Treylon Burks, TEN (48%)

1.07 WR Chris Olave, NO (59%)

1.08 WR Skyy Moore, KC (35%)

1.09 RB James Cook, BUF (26%)

PPR Scoring 

1.01 RB Breece Hall, NYJ (86%)

1.02 RB Kenneth Walker III - SEA (65%)

1.03 WR Drake London, ATL (35%)

1.04 WR Garrett Wilson, NYJ (49%)

1.05 WR Jameson Williams, DET (51%)

1.06 WR Treylon Burks, TEN (47%)

1.07 WR Chris Olave, NO (81%)

1.08 WR Skyy Moore, KC (63%)

1.09 RB James Cook, BUF (28%)

Superflex Scoring 

1.01 RB Breece Hall, NYJ (66%)

1.02 RB Kenneth Walker III - SEA (59%)

1.03 WR Drake London, ATL (19%)

1.04 WR Garrett Wilson, NYJ (27%)

1.05 WR Jameson Williams, DET (36%)

1.06 WR Treylon Burks, TEN (41%)

1.07 WR Chris Olave, NO (37%)

1.08 QB Kenny Pickett, PIT (35%)

1.09 WR Skyy Moore, KC (34%)

TE Premium Scoring 

1.01 RB Breece Hall, NYJ (74%)

1.02 RB Kenneth Walker III - SEA (57%)

1.03 WR Drake London, ATL (31%)

1.04 WR Garrett Wilson, NYJ (31%)

1.05 WR Jameson Williams, DET (41%)

1.06 WR Treylon Burks, TEN (38%)

1.07 WR Chris Olave, NO (58%)

1.08 WR Skyy Moore, KC (40%)

1.09 RB James Cook, BUF (24%)

Last edited by a moderator:
DPierce, Dotson in PPR, Cook in SF. Was at least thinking about McBride in TE premium but don't really play that format so bit hard to judge just how big the boost is

I kinda like Dameon Pierce here.  To me Watson seems like a gamble; someone you're going to have to wait at least 2 years for.  And by that time, will A-Rodgers even be on the team?

Pierce has little to no competition.  Rex Burkhead?  C'mon.  Marlon Mack is there, but ... meh?

Thought about Rachaad White too, even Alec Pierce.

But yeah I can see how folks are going Watson here, although I may be thinking differently.

DPierce, Dotson in PPR, Cook in SF. Was at least thinking about McBride in TE premium but don't really play that format so bit hard to judge just how big the boost is
Yeah, too early for McBride even in TE Premium.
In my 2 TE Premium FFPC drafts, he went 2.6 and 2.12 (to me! Which many thought was great value at that point). I guess he’s not that upper tier of TE talent to push him into the first in most rookie drafts. 

Pierce Dotson Cook Dotson 

Pierce isn't great... and he's still got to earn carries... but he's got a chance to be the lead rb for a nothing-to-lose offense that was pretty decent down the stretch.  He's also got enough of a three down skillset that the juice is worth the squeeze this early in non ppr where receivers are a dime a dozen

Dotson could end up being the best of the receivers in this year's class as a rookie.  He's already been handed the starting job and is as pro ready as they come... his ceiling isn't quite as high as the other guys, and the situation could be better, but he should crush the threshold for success as a rookie and i wouldn't be shocked by a 1000 yard season.  

Cook over Dotson and Pierce in superflex seems right

McBride isn't my favorite TE in this class and I don't see a top 5 upside so even in TE premium I'll pass but we're getting closer

Why is it people are see rbs with low draft cap as shaky based on being able to be drafted over next year but wrs like pierce can’t get buried by one of the 23 stud wrs? Or one of the FA options next year?  Just an observation. And an admission that I was probably too low on pierce…

Why is it people are see rbs with low draft cap as shaky based on being able to be drafted over next year but wrs like pierce can’t get buried by one of the 23 stud wrs? Or one of the FA options next year?  Just an observation. And an admission that I was probably too low on pierce…
It's a good question and one I have wondered about as well.

To me there is more scarcity at the RB position than WR where there are so many more viable options to choose from.

WR do have a bit longer development period than RB in theory so people will hang on to them longer is one reason I suppose but that does not mean those WR will break out or be able to sustain high performance longer if they do aside from the truly elite ones.

I think the WR are more likely to clutter up your roster spots while you wait than the RB will.

I have heard some comments about drafting RB for future seasons lately that I didnt hear much of before.

I think both positions are risks of being replaced by greater talent in the future, it's just that WR careers tend to last longer. That doesnt mean that WR will maintain high levels of performance useful to fantasy longer though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for that option at 1.08, in all but SF leagues.
I got Olave at the 1.8 in one FFPC league. I like the 1.8 slot since someone jumps at grabbing either Skyy or Watson in the top 7, leaving me one of the Big 5 WRs. 
the 1.10 though…agreed that it’s kinda no man’s land. I’d rather a couple of early/mid-2nds if you can get them for the 1.10 and a late 3rd or something like that. 

I got Olave at the 1.8 in one FFPC league. I like the 1.8 slot since someone jumps at grabbing either Skyy or Watson in the top 7, leaving me one of the Big 5 WRs. 
the 1.10 though…agreed that it’s kinda no man’s land. I’d rather a couple of early/mid-2nds if you can get them for the 1.10 and a late 3rd or something like that. 
I'm assuming Olave's gone. There are often surprises, though. Not just the second round WRs, but also Cook, Pickett, or (depending on league settings), even an IDP. But if things fall as expected, get me the hell out of there.

Users who are viewing this thread