What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Anarchy Sign Up Thread (1 Viewer)

I can enter league 1 but need an access code to link franchise. Doesn’t seem e-mails or texts coming through

I believe all have checked in to League 2 and only ryheaps (who I just texted) has not checked in to League 1

I believe all have checked in to League 2 and only ryheaps (who I just texted) has not checked in to League 1
ryheaps is listed on the website as a linked owner for L1. @ryheaps, if you go to your MyLeagues page, L1 should show up and you should be able to just click on the link gain access to the league. Plan B would be to log out / log in to the MFL system. LMK if you still can't get in.

Ryheaps is the only one we can't see to get set up properly. everyone else is good to go.
Maybe at this point you should try putting a support ticket in with the Admins at MFL.com. Maybe there's something on their end prohibiting normal access. login/logout. etc on that page for him... Just a thought.

Ryheaps is the only one we can't see to get set up properly. everyone else is good to go.
Maybe at this point you should try putting a support ticket in with the Admins at MFL.com. Maybe there's something on their end prohibiting normal access. login/logout. etc on that page for him... Just a thought.

I reset the access code and sent another invite. If that doesn't work, I can submit a trouble ticket.

League 1 draft turned on. @ryheaps . . . if you still can't get into the league site, you can message me your picks or post in one of the Anarchy threads I can execute you draft selections for now.

Sounds good. I can’t get in yet so I’ll send the picks. Sorry. Only way I can get in is with the access code.

One thing I really don't want to have to do (or have time for) is chase people to make picks. I know we just turned the drafts on yesterday and got a late start compared to prior seasons, but averaging a full round of draft picks a day would mean we wouldn't be done until after the first Thursday night game. We really need to stay on top of things in order to get done on time. I don't have a good way to get people to draft faster. Maybe once people make their first couple of picks things will pick up. If not, we may need someone to crack the whip for people to make some picks.

When your pick comes around, you must pick it! Otherwise the draft slows down, until you pick it! Predrafting all around, will for sure fix it!

So pick it! Pick it good. Draft it straight. Don"t hold up. Go forward. Draft ahead. It's not too late. To pick it! Pick it good!

one thing and it may just be me....but for the last couple of years the "text me when I'm on clock" thing you set up under the mobile tab has not been working for me in any league....I've tried to resend the validation code, etc....to no avail....nothing

@Anarchy99 ....i screwed up and clicked Dobbins instead of Gibbs in league 1.....Gibbs went right after me and DAL QB....that is fine if I don't get Gibbs but if you could replace my Dobbins pick with Etienne-McClaurin-Hopkins in that order that would be super cool....honest mistake..... don't want Dobbins...if not no worries

@Anarchy99 ....i screwed up and clicked Dobbins instead of Gibbs in league 1.....Gibbs went right after me and DAL QB....that is fine if I don't get Gibbs but if you could replace my Dobbins pick with Etienne-McClaurin-Hopkins in that order that would be super cool....honest mistake..... don't want Dobbins...if not no worries
This morning I really wanted a different WR than Jeudy. Honest! I took him by mistake Can I change my pick? Pretty please?
(Yes, I gave you ETN.)

Not pointing any fingers here, Brock Purdy's mom, but after 28 picks made yesterday in L1, we are down to 5 picks so far today. And L2 has seen only 1 pick today. Compare that level of progress to L4, who collectively have made 18 picks so far, and there's almost half the day to go.

Its certainly gotten harder. There is not much left. Down to splitting hairs between 40 to 50 receptions now.

But there is coal in them there hills!! Yes I know, and also in your Christmas stockings.

Its certainly gotten harder. There is not much left. Down to splitting hairs between 40 to 50 receptions now.

But there is coal in them there hills!! Yes I know, and also in your Christmas stockings.
Just coming up on the halfway turn. You still have 9 more picks. Looks like there's a lot of coal still in the hills.

Just coming up on the halfway turn. You still have 9 more picks. Looks like there's a lot of coal still in the hills.
They're horrible

This is how I feel about the players that are left.

This morning I really wanted a different WR than Jeudy. Honest! I took him by mistake Can I change my pick? Pretty please?
(Yes, I gave you ETN.)
Can I cut Melvin Gordon? Because apparently he sucks almost as much as I do drafting these days. I meant to take Methusula who has more upside and better years ahead of him.

(Yes, I gave you ETN.)
Can I cut Melvin Gordon? Because apparently he sucks almost as much as I do drafting these days. I meant to take Methusula who has more upside and better years ahead of him.
TBH, there are players already drafted that I have never heard of before. That used to happen maybe in the last round, but we still have almost half the draft left.

(Yes, I gave you ETN.)
TBH, there are players already drafted that I have never heard of before. That used to happen maybe in the last round, but we still have almost half the draft left.
Does this mean I can swap Gordon for Methusula then?

Not sure where @Mr. Landry went walkabout, but I emailed him a few hours ago, but he hasn't checked into League 4 all

Sorry I dropped the ball on this one. Apparently my pre-draft didn't save and then work went sideways today.

I've got the next few picks pre-drafted (I checked and it took), so it shouldn't happen again.

Not sure where @Mr. Landry went walkabout, but I emailed him a few hours ago, but he hasn't checked into League 4 all

Sorry I dropped the ball on this one. Apparently my pre-draft didn't save and then work went sideways today.

I've got the next few picks pre-drafted (I checked and it took), so it shouldn't happen again.
No harm, no foul. I’ve already run into times this year where I predrafted and all my picks were gobbled up before it was my turn.

I think the NO K needs to be unlocked to give us 32 K to draft.
Thanks for the heads up. I unlocked all additional players before the draft started, but several more were added to the system since then. I unlocked the latest batch in all three leagues.

Curious if anyone figure out how to do a Rate Me Team using the TMQB position? Could use a laugh reading it for my Anarchy teams...

The issue was in league 1 (not league 2), and commish has already fixed it. Dickey Moe is now OTC at 16.07 and on deck at 17.10.

Team JWB:

1.9 Mark Andrews, TE, BAL - Drafted as TE2. Finished last season as TE3 in ppg and TE5 while missing 2 games. More importantly, Jackson missed the final 5 games Andrews played in. Andrews was TE2 in both ppg and total points in the first 13 weeks when Jackson played. Expecting playoff points. Really just looking for a safe pick here and think I got that. Honestly, surprised he lasted to pick 9.

2.8 Davante Adams, WR, LVR - Drafted as WR8. Finished last season as WR5 in ppg and WR6 in total points. There is some risk here given that the Raiders are going to be a bad team, and the move from Carr to Garoppolo may not be a positive, but Adams should still be a target hog. No chance of playoff points.

3.9 D.K. Metcalf, WR, SEA - Drafted as WR17. Finished last season as WR12 in total points. The risk is whether or not Geno can repeat his unexpected performance last season. The Seahawks certainly think he can, and I see no reason to disagree. Playoff points are possible, maybe likely. Would have drafted Waddle, but @Anarchy99 sniped him the pick before.

4.8 Mike Williams, WR, LAC - Drafted as WR24. Finished last season as WR23 in ppg and WR37 in total points despite playing just 13 of 18 games, including some partial games. I'm expecting the Chargers offense to be a top 3 offense this year, and I want as many players in that offense as possible. Expecting playoff points.

In this format, my objective in the first 4 rounds is to try to target safe, productive players, and I think I did that here. I usually focus exclusively on TE and WR in the first 4 rounds, as I did here.

5.9 J.K. Dobbins, RB, BAL - Drafted as RB19. Finished last season as RB25 in ppg and RB45 in total points, but he missed 9 games. More importantly, he is in line to be RB1 in a good offense, and his metrics when healthy over the past 2 seasons (admittedly, not many games) are very strong. Expecting playoff points.

6.8 Gerald Everett, TE, LAC - Drafted as TE15. Finished last season as TE10 in ppg and TE8 in total points, despite missing a game. Again, I want players in the Chargers offense this season, and I expect playoff points.

7.9 Giants, TMQB, NYG - Drafted as TMQB16. Finished last season as TMQB6. There is reason for optimism that Jones can improve in his second year in Daboll's offense. Playoff points are possible, maybe likely. Would have drafted Miami TMQB, but, again, sniped by @Anarchy99.

8.8 Broncos, TMQB, DEN - Drafted as TMQB19. Finished last season as TMQB22, but that was in 15 games with Nathaniel Hackett as head coach, directing the worst offensive scheme in the league. The Broncos TMQB was #3 in the league in weeks 17-18, after Hackett was fired, though that is a ridiculously small sample size, plus some quality QBs didn't play in week 18. Still, there is reason to expect a rebound under new HC Payton. Do not expect playoff points, though.

9.9 Quentin Johnston, WR, LAC - Drafted as WR56. Should be WR3/4 for the Chargers. Like I wrote above, I expect the Chargers offense to be a top 3 passing offense this year, and I want as many players in that offense as possible. Expecting playoff points.

At the midway point, the draft had gone about as I had planned. Waiting on RBs is my normal approach in this format, as is drafting my TMQBs somewhere in the 10-20 range.

10.8 Jeff Wilson, RB, MIA - Drafted as RB44. Finished last season as RB24 in total points and RB31 in ppg, so might have been a great value pick here... if he didn't subsequently go on IR. :sadbanana: Hoping he will be back after missing the first 4 games. Playoff points are possible.

11.9 Cade Otton, TE, TB - Drafted as TE31. Finished last season as TE22, so could be a solid value here, although he obviously has to deal with a QB downgrade. I already had a plan for my last WR, and I preferred to draft a TE over a RB since late TEs generally outscore late RBs in this format. Not expecting playoff points.

12.8 Chuba Hubbard, RB, CAR - Drafted as RB52. He was RB40 after McCaffrey was traded to SF last season, despite missing 2 of those 11 games. He should have a shot at 100 points this season, which is solid value this deep in the RB draft. Not expecting playoff points.

13.9 Jason Myers - Drafted as PK10. Finished last season as PK4. Not much to say other than that I wanted two PKs who would not be at risk for getting cut, and drafted the first one here. He plays in a dome, and playoff points are possible. @Anarchy99 struck again, sniping Dicker the pick before mine.

14.8 Chad Ryland, PK, NE - Drafted as PK14. Last year, Folk was the NE PK and finished as PK13, despite playing for a team with no offensive coordinator. The offense should be better this season, with greater opportunity for PK points. Playoff points are possible.

I have always wanted to avoid waiting until the end for PKs in this format, since 32 are drafted... inevitably, a few teams suffer from drafting a PK who gets cut, and that is hard to overcome in this format. Mission accomplished there.

15.9 Josh Palmer, WR, LAC - Drafted as WR75. Finished as WR39 last season, but that was largely because Allen and Williams combined to miss 12 games. Should be WR3/4 for the Chargers. Another bet on the Chargers offense. Expecting playoff points.

16.8 Josh Kelley, RB, LAC - Drafted as RB59. Finished as RB65 last season. Should be RB2 for the Chargers. Under new OC Kellen Moore, I expect that role will be more valuable than it was under Joe Lombardi. Another bet on the Chargers offense. Expecting playoff points.

17.9 Giants, DST, NYG - Drafted as DST25. Finished last season as DST27, but the defenses from DST18 to DST29 were clustered within 20 points on the season. Playoff points seem possible, and I was seeking to maximize games at this draft position.

18.8 Cardinals, DST, ARI - Drafted as DST29. Finished last season as DST22, but possibly in full tank mode now... No playoff points.

I tend to follow the same loose strategy every year in this format. Maybe this is the year it pays off! In this case, my team is tied heavily to the Chargers, so this team won't likely be successful unless the Chargers have a top 3 offense, as I expect.

:football:

Users who are viewing this thread