What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Dallas Cowboys — On to the offseason. Let’s Go Bucs! (1 Viewer)

I am going to do a full roster analysis. With contracts factored.

Might take me a bit.

If they have the talent to win 12 games they need the right coach to get them over the hump.

It’s not the players, it’s coaching.

Eh. These were the 8 worst teams in the NFL this season (ordered by record):

Carolina
Washington
Arizona
New England
LA Chargers
NY Giants
Tennessee
NY Jets

8 of the Cowboys 12 wins came against teams in this list. Most teams in the NFL have the talent to win a bunch of games against their worst competition. They fared much worse against the good teams they faced this season - some of that is coaching but you do have to take a hard look at the roster. Dak is clearly never going to get it done, I think the sooner Dallas is able to move on the better.

The NFC East is just awful. It's made the records inflated and the expectations outsized, such that the perception of the front office has followed in the wrong way.

The Giants for a brief period got something out of Eli, and Philly had a solid run recently. Other than that the East has been a joke and not seeing the NFCG in 20+ years. ugh.

I'm not a Cowboys fan but I sure would not mind an owner like him who is willing to spend whatever it takes on coaching staff, resources and talent.

Agreed.
Limitless financial commitment is easily offset by poor deployment of resources.

Of course they've missed on some of the things they've done. But I think most all fans would love to have an owner that is obsessed over winning and puts their money where their mouth is.
I love the commitment but am underwhelmed by the decision making. It’s been a long stretch without nary a conference title game appearance.

I wish there was somehow a way to bottle up the pure joy and sense of community every year the day after the Cowboys lose in the Playoffs.
If we tried on that day every year, we could easily come to agreement to solve all the world's problems.

Working in a restaurant, it's really something to behold.
Grown men from all walks of life, half strangers, just belly laughing together for hours on end.

It seems somehow fitting this year that this national day of joy and community also landed on MLK Day.

I wish there was somehow a way to bottle up the pure joy and sense of community every year the day after the Cowboys lose in the Playoffs.
If we tried on that day every year, we could easily come to agreement to solve all the world's problems.

Working in a restaurant, it's really something to behold.
Grown men from all walks of life, half strangers, just belly laughing together for hours on end.

It seems somehow fitting this year that this national day of joy and community also landed on MLK Day.
Well said.

Was listening to a little of the MNF Countdown, they had a very intense discussion about Dallas going around the table and Scott Van Pelt admitted they talk up Dallas in his 20 years there for ratings but it's the same story every single year

The media, an immense and vast fan base that stretches out way beyond Dallas and an owner that wants to be involved in the coaching and player personnel a little too much
That mix makes for some issues

12-5
12-5
12-5

Lot of teams and cities would give their eye teeth for some of that

Did anyone or has anyone seen footage of Dak and CD Lamb arguing with each other even breaking the huddle for Dallas?
Rumor has it a few weeks back or at some point Lamb told someone he needed the ball more and it's been a little topsy turvy between them since then.

I understand Dak is not elite but he's pretty good and seems like he would fit a lot of teams out there, maybe Dak would like a change of scenery
Maybe it's not move from Dak, maybe Prescott is ready to move on from Dallas
-I saw some clips or quotes from him in the media and it sounds like the Dallas QB spot is one of the most stressful of any of them in the NFL

The NFC East is just awful. It's made the records inflated and the expectations outsized, such that the perception of the front office has followed in the wrong way.

The Giants for a brief period got something out of Eli, and Philly had a solid run recently. Other than that the East has been a joke and not seeing the NFCG in 20+ years. ugh.

Division matters way more than I think people give credit for. Brady was awesome. But he was helped immensely by a weak division and homefield for playoffs.

Division matters way more than I think people give credit for. Brady was awesome. But he was helped immensely by a weak division and homefield for playoffs.
Is that supposed to make Dallas fans feel better or worse or both?

Did anyone or has anyone seen footage of Dak and CD Lamb arguing with each other even breaking the huddle for Dallas?
Rumor has it a few weeks back or at some point Lamb told someone he needed the ball more and it's been a little topsy turvy between them since then.

I understand Dak is not elite but he's pretty good and seems like he would fit a lot of teams out there, maybe Dak would like a change of scenery
Maybe it's not move from Dak, maybe Prescott is ready to move on from Dallas
-I saw some clips or quotes from him in the media and it sounds like the Dallas QB spot is one of the most stressful of any of them in the NFL
Lamb complained early this season. Like week 4. From then on he's been fed

Cliff notes from the Cowboys Locked on series of podcasts… Guy they had on today covered Zimmer in Minnesota….

Pros
-Says it’s a home run hire

-Chameleon at defenses- will switch schemes up for the best fit

-Diggs knows the lingo/schemes

-sets things up and saves blitzes or stunts for important downs = clutch defensive stops

- Zimmer’s teams have phenomenal success on 3rd downs.

Cons
-best version of his system is complicated and requires great communication so rookies are at an disadvantage.

-Would rather you make the tackle or deflection over going for the turnover.

Users who are viewing this thread