What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Dallas Cowboys — On to the offseason. Let’s Go Bucs! (1 Viewer)

So, the Cowboys have beaten both teams that were in the super bowl 9 months ago.

This defense is straight up ballen'!

Tip of the hat to Dallas for going 4-0 so far under Cooper Rush at QB in '22.
I would continue to start him and look for a good spot to bring Dak in off the bench where he can "win" the game or help Dallas when they need it.
Right now the Cowboys are winning handily with strong defense and mistake free football on offense that might not be sexie but its efficient.
Props to the coaching staff top to bottom, they seem to do better with less superstar media blitz around their QB, quietly racked up 4 wins to become a strong Playoff contender the rest of the way and perhaps even catch Philly for a piece of 1st place in the East.
I would not have thought I would be writing these words when we were coming out of Week 1.
Tremendous job by the entire organization

Rush isn't going to put up a lot of points, but he isn't turning over the ball either. Let this D do its thing. Diggs gambles by undercutting routes and it cost him twice. But on both plays it was just about perfect throws or he could have made a play.

Couldn’t be happier with the start. Defense has been special. I need to eat some crow on this- thought a backslide was coming, but they’ve been relentless and resilient. Offense has just been good enough. Think the Zeke-Pollard mix has been handled well.

To be honest, though, we’ve been here a lot- October and humming along, looking like a contender and playing good football. The real test comes in December for us. That movie has not ended well. Hoping this team can be different. I like that we’re a defensive team- that model usually works better at the end stages.

I’m watching with cautious optimism, and I like this team. They are easier to root for than other recent iterations.

Can NOT understate how great the offensive line has been thus far. Getting rid of Connor Williams and his dead feet helped - because he already has as many holding calls on him in '22 as our entire offensive line. The defense has looked great - really hope they can keep mixing the offensive play calling when Dak comes back, because it looks like we have figured it out.

To be honest, though, we’ve been here a lot- October and humming along, looking like a contender and playing good football. The real test comes in December for us. That movie has not ended well. Hoping this team can be different. I like that we’re a defensive team- that model usually works better at the end stages.

I’m watching with cautious optimism, and I like this team. They are easier to root for than other recent iterations
Yep, I agree with all of this

The Defense has been outstanding and Rush combined with commitment to the run has been a blessing. I have to admit I'm worried about the team chemistry getting all screwed up when Dak gets back.

Oh how badly do I want a prime time win over undefeated Philly and a subsequent trolling the nation. Please please please make it so. 🙏

Its a litmus test for both teams. Can Hurts beat this defense? Can the Cowboys stop the run and defend the play-action? Is Dak going to be rusty? Is he even playing? Should he?

Unless his thumb is 100% I would sit Dak. All the pressure is on the Eagles. Theyre rolling. If they cant beat us w/o Dak thats all we need to know.

Last edited:
I missed that Gallup 3rd & long toe drag. That was an underrated and highly skilled play. Maybe he should be our #1. When healthy, he is the most consistent and reliable.

Are any of you insider Cowboysguys hearing any rumors of substance involving the Cowboys negotiating with the Panthers for any of their players, particularly DJ Moore?

Are any of you insider Cowboysguys hearing any rumors of substance involving the Cowboys negotiating with the Panthers for any of their players, particularly DJ Moore?
don't know Cowboys news, but i have heard Panthers players with literally 15-20 different teams. It really is like the NBA media has seeped into the NFL world, where trade rumors are non-stop talk

DJ with his decent contract should warrant two firsts. If the Panthers get one of the top QBs on a rookie deal they will want some talent around him.

Oh how badly do I want a prime time win over undefeated Philly and a subsequent trolling the nation. Please please please make it so. 🙏

Its a litmus test for both teams. Can Hurts beat this defense? Can the Cowboys stop the run and defend the play-action? Is Dak going to be rusty? Is he even playing? Should he?

Unless his thumb is 100% I would sit Dak. All the pressure is on the Eagles. Theyre rolling. If they cant beat us w/o Dak thats all we need to know.
i hope the Eagles OL is healthier and will love to see the match-ups along the lines with the Eagles OL vs the Dallas DL. Parsons can probably get whatever he wants, but if Mailata is at least healthy he can hopefully slow him down a bit.

there are some other match-ups that will be real fun too. I am sure i am a bit :homer: here but i think AJ Brown will have a good day against Diggs if they match-up. If Rush can get the ball out enough, CeeDee Lamb might get slowed down a bit by Slay, but if Gallup is getting back to what he was i think he can take some advantage. I hope the Eagles use more of their 5 down linemen defenses too because seeing Jordan Davis vs Zeke will be fun.

If Rush could have pulled off the win last night he would have made Matt Flynn money, instead he turned back into a pumpkin. Doesn’t quite have the arm strength to be a full time starter.

I saw nothing last night to be overly concerned with. We lost to a division rival at their place with our backup QB and still had a chance to win it.

I guess I would say I hated the decision to go for it back up into your own territory right after the defense gave up a long drive. You hurt your defense by putting them back out there so fast w/o being able to make adjustments and get rest.

I continue to love what I see out of the TEs (temporarily) behind Shultz.

Co rats eagles fans, enjoy the win. See you at Christmas.

If Rush could have pulled off the win last night he would have made Matt Flynn money, instead he turned back into a pumpkin. Doesn’t quite have the arm strength to be a full time starter.

I saw nothing last night to be overly concerned with. We lost to a division rival at their place with our backup QB and still had a chance to win it.

I guess I would say I hated the decision to go for it back up into your own territory right after the defense gave up a long drive. You hurt your defense by putting them back out there so fast w/o being able to make adjustments and get rest.

I continue to love what I see out of the TEs (temporarily) behind Shultz.

Co rats eagles fans, enjoy the win. See you at Christmas.
was a fun game. i have felt McCarthy was a lame duck coach for a long time, but he certainly is hitting a lot of the right buttons with that team. I think a lot of teams would have folded down 20-0 with a back-up QB, but the Cowboys did a good job holding up well, and jumping on any advantage that came up during the game (Lane Johnson injury, etc.). Christmas game will be fun, but i am pretty sure both of these teams will be in the playoffs as well. and those sneaky Giants don't seem to be going away either.

I thought cooler got hit on the last pick but it looks like he got hit AFTER he threw it. More confusing is why does Rush continue to say it?

I’m not complaining about the loss, we lost to an excellent team on the road with our back up QB. Congrats Eagles.

Also, when is the NFL going to call the rule book. The Eagles were guilty of about 6-8 illegal man down the field penalties. Some plays they were 5-7 yards downfield.

It was gross.

Their coach is an *** clown too.

I’m not complaining about the loss, we lost to an excellent team on the road with our back up QB. Congrats Eagles.

Also, when is the NFL going to call the rule book. The Eagles were guilty of about 6-8 illegal man down the field penalties. Some plays they were 5-7 yards downfield.

It was gross.

Their coach is an *** clown too.

:lmao: Yeah hes an odd dude. Very good OC though.

Two knee injuries to the same knee, coupled with his attention/insecurity issues.

Just heard a rumor he’s looking for a Gallup type deal. 10 mil a year for 3 years

I’m not interested.

Last edited:
I’m not being glib, but what do you see?
To me, he looks like a WR5.
I watched him a lot in Pittsburgh. He made some great catches in big spots. I always wondered why Ben didn’t throw it to him more.
He won the Biletnikoff award 5 years ago, he’s got talent. I think if/when he gets on the field with Lamb and Gallup he’s going to make some big plays.
The fact that he was eligible to come back Iike a month ago and still hasn’t makes me go hmmmm though.

Users who are viewing this thread