What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 OFFENSE/DEFENSE Contest - Week 10 (1 Viewer)

TheWinz

Footballguy
@Ardbeg4ever +159
@J Rod +152
@bro1ncos +144
@cdwood +133
@SoBeDad +129
@TheWinz +122
@Deamon +117
@-OZ- +112
@IHEARTFF +107
@Houston turmOiler +106
@32 Counter Pass +106
@JIslander +105
@abfthomp +103
@Galileo +101
@Riffraff +95
@nysfl2 +88
@Timmay +85
@QuizGuy66 +84
@Hatch +84
@Nugget +81
@Neil Beaufort Zod +77
@Rubi +76
@Pip's Invitation +74
@jabarony +73
@RLHIV +72
@Utter Chaos +68
@SayWhat? +66
@Gally +65
@RJS113 +64
@kupcho1 +62
@Chaka +61
@BobbyLayne +58
@dcham77 +54
@Maggot Brain +53
@Godsbrother +49
@needanap +39
@heckmanm +35
@jumper +26
@RandyDB -5

The perfect week would've been HOU O/CLE D (+39). No one went with the Texans O, but many chose the Browns D and upped their overall scores. Sadly, I removed @msudaisy26 @facook and @Hot Sauce Guy from the standings for non-participation, but feel free to enter weekly picks anytime.

As a reminder to those returning and those of you new, to be eligible for the prizes you must participate in a minimum of 14 out of the 18 weeks. I will post the weekly thread typically on Tuesday with updated standings. It will get bumped on Thursdays at a minimum. On either Friday or Saturday I will tag regular players that are missing that week. If you miss a week, I will tag you again the following week. If you miss two consecutive weeks I will no longer tag you until you jump back into one of the new weeks. You are always eligible to jump back into the contest. You can submit your weekly entry up until kick off Monday night as long as you have a new offense and defense available to you that hasn't kicked off that week.

Lot of season to go. There is no one out of it. Remember, you need to be aware of your picks and make sure you aren't repeating an offense or defense. I will do my best to track it, but ultimately it's on you.

As usual, always check my math because I will inadvertently make some input errors and get a score or two wrong during the season. Let's see whatcha got for week 10!

Link to week 9

USED:
OFFENSE:Washington,Eagles,Jags,Chargers,Fins,Bills,KC,Lions,Saints
DEFENSE:Washington,Denver,KC,Saints,Lions,Bills,Seattle,Houston,Browns

WEEK 10:

OFFENSE: Dallas Cowboys
DEFENSE: Dallas Cowboys:-)

USED:
O: LAC, PHI, DAL, SF, MIA, KC, GB, DET, CIN
D: WAS, DAL, SF, KC, BAL, MIA, BUF, NYJ, CLE

WEEK 10:
O: BUF
D: PIT

Used:

O- Bucs, Bills, Chiefs, 49ers, Dolphins, Rams, Eagles, Lions, Saints
D- Commanders, Giants, Cowboys, 49ers, Broncos, Rams, Colts, Jets, Falcons

Week 9:

O- Cowboys
D- Raiders

Used
Offense: JAX, BUF, MIN, LAC, MIA, LAR, PHI, DET, KC
Defense: WAS, DET, NE, NO, BAL, BUF, CLE, NYJ, ATL

Scores: +15+1+14-2+14+17-7+16-10

Week 10
Offense: DAL
Defense: DAL

WEEK 10:

OFFENSE: Dallas Cowboys
DEFENSE: Dallas Cowboys:-)

Week 10
Offense: DAL
Defense: DAL

WEEK X
O 🤠
D 🤠

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Used O: Balt,Buffalo,Minn,LAC,Miami,KC,Seattle,Det,X
Used D: Wash,Tampa Bay,Cleveland,Philly,New England,SF,NO,Miami,X

Week 10
Offense : Cinci
Defense: Dallas

OFF: Chargers, Bills, Vikings, Dolphins, Chiefs, Rams, Seahawks, Lions, Bengals,
DEF: Commanders, Cowboys, Patriots, Chiefs, Ravens, Bills, Raiders, Jets, Browns

Offense: Cowboys
Defense: Steelers

Good luck to all you unoriginal *******s who thought long and hard about that sneaky Dallas double up move!

Used O's - KC, BUF, MIN, SF, MIA, JAC, PHI, BAL, NO
Used D's - WAS, DAL, NE, KC, BAL, SF, BUF, ATL, CLE

Week 10 O - Atlanta Falcons
Week 10 D - Green Bay Packers

I will almost certainly change both of these, but for now, here they are.

OFF: Chargers, Bills, Vikings, Dolphins, Chiefs, Rams, Seahawks, Lions, Bengals,
DEF: Commanders, Cowboys, Patriots, Chiefs, Ravens, Bills, Raiders, Jets, Browns

Good luck to all you unoriginal *******s who thought long and hard about that sneaky Dallas double up move!
Oh, admit it. If you hadn't already used the DAL D, you'd be all over them this week. :wink:

Oh, admit it. If you hadn't already used the DAL D, you'd be all over them this week. :wink:
Nope, I'll never stoop that low.

Used
Offense: Jags, 9ers, Chiefs, Broncos, Dolphins, Eagles, Ravens, Saints
Defense: Commodes, Bucs, Cowboys, Chiefs, Lions, Seahawks, Ravens, Browns

Week 10
Offense >>> Cowboys
Defense >> Steelers

I didn’t double up because I already used both versions of the Cowboys and they are chokers anyway. But your ranting about this has become tiresome.

Used
Offense: Vikings, Lions, Cowboys, Eagles, Dolphins, Chiefs, Seahawks, Ravens, Saints
Defense: Ravens, Buccaneers, Cowboys, Chiefs, Lions, Bills, Rams, Jaguars, Titans

Week 10
Offense: Bengals
Defense: Falcons

USED:
O: KC, BUF, DAL, LAC, MIN, MIA, PHI, DET, CIN ; Wk10= SEA
D:
WAS, DAL, KC, SF, BAL, BUF, CLE, LAC, NO ; WK10= PIT

I intentionally do not look at anyone's pick before I make mine. I also don't look at my opponent's lineup before the games start. I don't want extra influences that might make me change away from a good decision. But I'm not surprised that Dallas was a popular choice.

What I don't understand is, why is it bad to go with what looks like a good combination for the week? Is it better to be a contrarian and choose what looks like a worse option? I'm not great at this game, so I'm going with what's been keeping me out of the basement. But what's the rationale for purposely not choosing what seems to be a winning combination?

I intentionally do not look at anyone's pick before I make mine. I also don't look at my opponent's lineup before the games start. I don't want extra influences that might make me change away from a good decision. But I'm not surprised that Dallas was a popular choice.

What I don't understand is, why is it bad to go with what looks like a good combination for the week? Is it better to be a contrarian and choose what looks like a worse option? I'm not great at this game, so I'm going with what's been keeping me out of the basement. But what's the rationale for purposely not choosing what seems to be a winning combination?
I feel like you've been pretty good at this before! Didn't you win it one year? Maybe I'm mis-remembering.

My opinion is (and I'm sure many have heard it before, so feel free to ignore this post if that's you), that you're taking all the thought and strategy out of it.

Basically when you pick 2 different teams, you're calculating 4 teams into the equation. You might like Dallas to score a lot of points because their offense is good and ALSO because the Giants D is bad at stopping them. So you're searching for an offense you like that week, that's also playing against a team whose defense you don't like (maybe weather conditions are bad, maybe it's a div game that always is played tight, etc, etc.)

Then let's say you choose The Steelers for Defense....same thing. You like their defense, and might have a feeling that they can stop the Packers that week who may not be good on the road in November (whatever, you get the point). So you've got 2 games that you have interest in, 4 teams you want to do well/not well, and put some thought and brains into it.

Just picking the same team, is just saying "I think this team will smoke the other team and win by a lot. I'm going to pick their O and their D". You don't really care how many points the Giants score, because as long as Dallas wins by 50, you're laughing. You're just following one game, put no thought into besides "they're gonna crush them". How many points the offense scores and how many points the defense allows, doesn't really matter as long as they win big. If Dallas wins 70-40, you're in good shape even though your defensive pick sucked. I think it's taking the cheap way out and is lame.

I didn't make up the contest though, so that's just my opinion. Also, at this point it's become 50% jest/shtick, and 50% real opinion... so I'll continue to boo those people! :wink:

I detest self-absorbed I don't really care but since I'm here lemme write a soliloquy shtick.

:pokey:
He asked why I didn't like it, I answered. Not soliloquy in the slightest :P

You're lacking an indefinite article there guy
:rolleyes: sorry for making mistake. You're still good guy.

baits a hook with a single worm

other guy dumps buckets of shark chum

gives up & leaves

edit
one of my Top Ten favorite books ever was about punctuation

Eats Shoots Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation

you're taking all the thought and strategy out of it.
It’s still very much a strategy and there are many times I expect a high scoring game so I don’t take the defense.
I suppose you could save the Dallas D for another week, but is there an offense they play the rest of the year you really expect to score less than the Giants?

you're taking all the thought and strategy out of it.
It’s still very much a strategy and there are many times I expect a high scoring game so I don’t take the defense.
I suppose you could save the Dallas D for another week, but is there an offense they play the rest of the year you really expect to score less than the Giants?
booooooo (n)

Used
O: - BAL, DET, DAL, CHI, MIA, KC, PHI, LAC, ATL
D: - WAS, IND, KC, SF, NEP, LAR, NOS, DET, PIT

Week 10:
O: BUF
D: TBB

Used:
Off - Vikings, Lions, Ravens, Bills, Chiefs, Dolphins, Seahawks, Chargers, Browns
Def - Commanders, Broncos, Chiefs, Bucs, Lions, Raiders, Browns, Jets, Saints

Week 10:
Offense - Bengals
Defense - Cowboys

Used:
O- Ravens, Giants, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, Bills, Eagles, Lions, Cowboys
D- Commanders, Saints, Jets, Chiefs, Ravens, 49'rs, Raiders, Falcons, Browns

Week 10:
O- Seahawks
D- Cowboys

O: - BUF(16), TB(27), SF(30), LAC(24), DET(42), MIA(42), PHI(31), DAL(43), KC(21)
D: - BUF(22), DEN(35), JAX(37), NO(26), DET(24), SF(19), TB(16), TEN(23), LVR(6)
Scores: (-6), (-8), (-7), (-2), 18, 23, 15, 20, 15

Week 10:
O: Da Bears
D: How about dem Cowboys

Used O - Sea, Philly, Chargers, BYE, KC, Buf, GB, Det, Cin
Used D - Was, Dal, KC. BYE, NYJ, Mia, Sea, Det, Pit

Week 10
O - Dal
D - TB

Just picking the same team, is just saying "I think this team will smoke the other team and win by a lot. I'm going to pick their O and their D".
I have picked the same team for both but I have never done it by this approach. I have done it because I think individually those are my best options for that particular week. I typically go down the games looking for an offense. I pick the one I like best then look to see if I have used them. If not, Bingo. Then I do the same approach for defense. Sometimes then end up the same team but I don't go in planning for that.

Weeks #1-9
Offence: BAL, BUF, KC, PHI, MIA, LAR, SEA, LAC, NO
Defense: WAS, DAL, NE, SF, BAL, BUF, LV, ATL, CLE

Week #10
Offence: Dallas Cowboys
Defense: Pittsburgh Steelers

Full free fall now.
Endeavoring to not repeat picks for OR again a team...

95 + (20-31) = +84

Previous Weeks
O For: BAL, BUF, KC, PHI, MIA, RAMIT, SF, HOU, GB

O Against: HOU, LV, CHI, WSH, GIANTS, ARI, MIN, CAR, RAMIT

D For: WSH, DAL, CLE, NO, GB, SF, BUF, JETS, ATL

D Against: ARI, JETS, TEN, TB, LV, CLE, NE, GIANTS, MIN

Week 10:
Offense: Detroit (vs LAC)
Defense: Pittsburgh (vs GB)

:boxing:
-QG

WEEK 10:
O: DAL
D: DAL

Used:
O: DET, PHI, LAC, BUF, KC, LAR, SEA, BAL, CIN
D: WAS, NYG, NE, KC, BAL, SF, SEA, NYJ, CLE

WEEK 10:

Used:

check out the big brain on SoBeDad
I feel like Secretariat slowly making my move toward the front and then boom, week 10! I was top 3 two years ago with the strategy of playing O & D using whoever was playing HOU. The Giants now are like the Texans from 2021.

WEEK 10:

Used:

I feel like Secretariat slowly making my move toward the front and then boom, week 10! I was top 3 two years ago with the strategy of playing O & D using whoever was playing HOU. The Giants now are like the Texans from 2021.

I'm not good at this. But I love trying.

WEEK 10:

Used:

But are you a mudder? "My father was a mudder, my mother was a mudder!"

WEEK 10:

Used:

But are you a mudder? "My father was a mudder, my mother was a mudder!"

This horse loves the slop.

Used
Off - Miami, Buffalo, Minnesota, LA Chargers, Detroit Kansas City, Philadelphia, Dallas, Cinnci
Def - Washington, Denver, Cleveland, New Orleans, Detroit, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Ny Jets, Houston

Week 10:
Offense - Seattle
Defense -Dallas

Every week I slide further but I'll keep trying...

Week 10:
O: Colts
D: Cowboys

Used:
O: - NYJ, BUF, SF, SEA, MIA, KC, WAS, BAL, NO
D: - NYJ, DEN, NE, KC, BAL, BUF, LAR, HOU, ATL

Week 10:
O: Bengals
D: Steelers

Used:
O: Chargers, Eagles, Chiefs, Vikings, Bills, Dolphins, Seahawks, Ravens, Saints
D: Falcons, 49ers, Cowboys, Chiefs, Ravens, Raiders, Bills, Seahawks, Browns