What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 OFFENSE/DEFENSE Contest - Week 2 (1 Viewer)

TheWinz

Footballguy
@msudaisy26 +25
@J Rod +24
@Ardbeg4ever +24
@abfthomp +24
@JIslander +20
@Galileo +18
@Deamon +18
@nysfl2 +18
@Mitchie +15
@BobbyLayne +15
@32 Counter Pass +15
@Bankerguy +15
@Pip's Invitation +11
@facook +9
@RLHIV +9
@jabarony +9
@needanap +9
@cdwood +9
@QuizGuy66 +9
@Hatch +9
@IHEARTFF +8
@kupcho1 +8
@urbanhack +7
@Godsbrother +6
@SoBeDad +5
@SayWhat? +5
@TheWinz +4
@Houston turmOiler +4
@Genester +4
@dcham77 +4
@Riffraff +4
@Chaka +4
@Rubi +4
@Dr. Octopus +4
@Maggot Brain +4
@RJS113 +4
@Hot Sauce Guy +1
@Timmay +1
@Angry Beavers +1
@jumper even
@heckmanm even
@RandyDB even
@-OZ- -3
@Mr. Irrelevant -3
@Gally -3
@bro1ncos -4
@Neil Beaufort Zod -4
@Utter Chaos -6
@Nugget -7
@kylechoffman -17

50 entries this year. Down 4 from last season and we will typically get 2-3 more players that jump in over the next week or two. As a reminder to those returning and those of you new, to be eligible for the prizes you must participate in a minimum of 14 out of the 18 weeks. I will post the weekly thread typically on Tuesday with updated standings. It will get bumped on Thursdays at a minimum. On either Friday or Saturday I will tag regular players that are missing that week. If you miss a week, I will tag you again the following week. If you miss two consecutive weeks I will no longer tag you until you jump back into one of the new weeks. You are always eligible to jump back into the contest. You can submit your weekly entry up until kick off Monday night as long as you have a new offense and defense available to you that hasn't kicked off that week.

Lot of season to go. There is no one out of it. Remember, you now need to start being aware of your picks and making sure you aren't repeating an offense or defense.

@msudaisy26 leads the way, with many folks at +9 and +4. Very strange week indeed.

As usual, always check my math because I will inadvertently make some input errors and get a score or two wrong during the season. Let's see whatcha got for week 2!

Link to week 1

Last edited:
USED OFFENSE: Football Team From Washingtom

USED DEFENSE: Commanders

WEEK 2:
OFFENSE: Philadelphia Eagles

DEFENSE: Denver Broncos

@msudaisy26 +25
@J Rod +24
@Ardbeg4ever +24
@abfthomp +24
@JIslander +20
@Galileo +18
@Deamon +18
@nysfl2 +18
@Mitchie +15
@BobbyLayne +15
@32 Counter Pass +15
@Bankerguy +15
@Pip's Invitation +11
@facook +9
@RLHIV +9
@jabarony +9
@needanap +9
@cdwood +9
@QuizGuy66 +9
@Hatch +9
@IHEARTFF +8
@kupcho1 +8
@urbanhack +7
@Godsbrother +6
@SoBeDad +5
@SayWhat? +5
@TheWinz +4
@Houston turmOiler +4
@Genester +4
@dcham77 +4
@Riffraff +4
@Chaka +4
@Rubi +4
@Dr. Octopus +4
@Maggot Brain +4
@RJS113 +4
@Hot Sauce Guy +1
@Timmay +1
@Angry Beavers +1
@jumper even
@heckmanm even
@RandyDB even
@-OZ- -3
@Mr. Irrelevant -3
@Gally -3
@bro1ncos -4
@Neil Beaufort Zod -4
@Utter Chaos -6
@Nugget -7
@kylechoffman -17

50 entries this year. Down 4 from last season and we will typically get 2-3 more players that jump in over the next week or two. As a reminder to those returning and those of you new, to be eligible for the prizes you must participate in a minimum of 14 out of the 18 weeks. I will post the weekly thread typically on Tuesday with updated standings. It will get bumped on Thursdays at a minimum. On either Friday or Saturday I will tag regular players that are missing that week. If you miss a week, I will tag you again the following week. If you miss two consecutive weeks I will no longer tag you until you jump back into one of the new weeks. You are always eligible to jump back into the contest. You can submit your weekly entry up until kick off Monday night as long as you have a new offense and defense available to you that hasn't kicked off that week.

Lot of season to go. There is no one out of it. Remember, you now need to start being aware of your picks and making sure you aren't repeating an offense or defense.

@msudaisy26 leads the way, with many folks at +9 and +4. Very strange week indeed.

As usual, always check my math because I will inadvertently make some input errors and get a score or two wrong during the season. Let's see whatcha got for week 2!

appreciate you running this again

USED O: WAS
USED D: WAS

O: NYG
D: NYG

@Deamon SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!!
Well, Karma hit in week 1 for all those who wanted to be boring and didn't want to have to use their brain. Go Cards!
:-) You have to have realized that you are my entertainment value in this thread.

+4 BABY!!!! :drive:
Good for you lol. Glad I could be of service.
Come on, buddy you can admit you enjoy it too.

USED:
O: LAC
D: WAS

WEEK 2:
O: PHI
D: DAL

@TheWinz I appreciate all you are doing to run this machine, but I have one more request. If you happen to think of it, when you post the thread for the current week, can you add a link back to the previous week? It is handy for double checking score accuracy and for tracking the used team list as the season rolls on.

USED:

WEEK 2:

@TheWinz I appreciate all you are doing to run this machine, but I have one more request. If you happen to think of it, when you post the thread for the current week, can you add a link back to the previous week? It is handy for double checking score accuracy and for tracking the used team list as the season rolls on.
Will do, buddy! Now, if someone can tell me how to add last week's link, I would be thankful.

@msudaisy26 +25
@J Rod +24
@Ardbeg4ever +24
@abfthomp +24
@JIslander +20
@Galileo +18
@Deamon +18
@nysfl2 +18
@Mitchie +15
@BobbyLayne +15
@32 Counter Pass +15
@Bankerguy +15
@Pip's Invitation +11
@facook +9
@RLHIV +9
@jabarony +9
@needanap +9
@cdwood +9
@QuizGuy66 +9
@Hatch +9
@IHEARTFF +8
@kupcho1 +8
@urbanhack +7
@Godsbrother +6
@SoBeDad +5
@SayWhat? +5
@TheWinz +4
@Houston turmOiler +4
@Genester +4
@dcham77 +4
@Riffraff +4
@Chaka +4
@Rubi +4
@Dr. Octopus +4
@Maggot Brain +4
@RJS113 +4
@Hot Sauce Guy +1
@Timmay +1
@Angry Beavers +1
@jumper even
@heckmanm even
@RandyDB even
@-OZ- -3
@Mr. Irrelevant -3
@Gally -3
@bro1ncos -4
@Neil Beaufort Zod -4
@Utter Chaos -6
@Nugget -7
@kylechoffman -17

I vote to end the contest now please. Lol

USED O: WAS
USED D: WAS

O: NYG
D: NYG

in Chaka we trust. Also, I think I was -7 after week 1 last year, so I am playing with house money at this point :shades:

Used:
Off - Vikings
Def - Commanders

Week 2:
Offense - Lions
Defense - Broncos

Edit to change week 1 to week 2*

Previously Used:
Offence: Baltimore
Defence: Washington

Week #2
Offence: Buffalo Bills
Defence: Dallas Cowboys

I did this years ago for years and it was great... back at it this year...
Used:
O:
D:
Week 1 O: Minnesota
Week 1 D: Washington

Week 2 O: Detroit
Week 2 D: Denver

USED:

WEEK 2:

Oh man, I think I was too hasty in my selections. I don't like it. Why would I ever pick a Thursday night offense? I also don't like the bad karma of switching the picks... :unsure:

Last edited:
Alright gonna try and do it the hard way - let's see if @Deamon follows suit.
Endeavoring to not repeat picks for OR again a team...

0 + (25 - 16) = +9

Previous Weeks
O For: BAL
O Against: HOU
D For: WSH
D Against: ARI

Week 2:
Offense: Buffalo (vs Las Vegas)
Defense: Dallas (vs Jets)

-QG

Thanx to everyone for knowing that you must list your previous used O's & D's. Of course, I will continue to verify each week, but it does make it easier. I got off to a lukewarm start (+4), and will certainly not gain much ground on the folks ahead of me, as I see this combo will be very popular in week 2:

USED O - KC
USED D - WAS

Week 2 O - BUF
Week 2 D - DAL

Score: (-4)

Used -
Off - WAS,
Def - CAR,

Week 2:
Offense - Buffalo
Defense - Dallas

Poor start to the season.