What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (2 Viewers)

The commish reportedly wants the Brotherly Shove removed from the game.

Eat a bag of bricks, dork.
I got a feeling it’s banged after this year. There was apparently a good amount of discussion at meetings last year. They decided to let it go this year and see what happens. I don’t think it’s a discussion if other teams were successful at it.
actually....I think the opposite...if everyone was good at it they would consider making it illegal. Also if more data showed it was dangerous

Goodell cant just do that by himself. Won't it have to be voted on? And didn't they just look at it this off season and say it was legal?

Last edited:
Goodell can just do that by himself. Won't it have to be voted on? And didn't they just look at it this off season and say it was legal?
This would be oh so weak if they take it out. What’s the point of voting on it just to vote on it again the next year and again the next year etc etc.

Goodell can just do that by himself. Won't it have to be voted on? And didn't they just look at it this off season and say it was legal?
This would be oh so weak if they take it out. What’s the point of voting on it just to vote on it again the next year and again the next year etc etc.
NFL doesn’t like stuff that just benifits one team
Or the commish lives in the pocket of a couple of owners. One of whom doesn’t like anything that favors the Eagles.

Due for a letdown game and delivered unfortunately. Not correcting the slow starts and bad play calls on offense had to catch up with us.

The issues I’ve talked about all year and told to ignore came true. Hoping this loss helps show people how much help we still need.

I also hope todays situation in the game thread proved I’m an eagles fan to some doubters but I doubt some will still believe it. Not really surprised with SF they are soft organization and ownership is soft too. Reason why Harbaugh left was because of the babying of Kaepernick the ownership gave and Harbaugh didn’t like the amount of no accountability the org was showing for players.

Good for big Dom and let’s not come out with excuses like this other clown organization has. We’re better then that. I Justice put 3-4 posters on ignore in the game thread. Wouldn’t be surprised if that thread is locked tomorrow morning at this point

Desai needs all the smoke coming to him. That was pathetic
I’ve been saying all year I’m not impressed. If Sean McDermont gets fired in Buff, if I’m the Eagles I’m bringing Sean Home at this point. Sick of these Fangio Schemes such an overrated system. Not sure why so many coaches orgs like it these days

I’ve been saying all year I’m not impressed. If Sean McDermont gets fired in Buff, if I’m the Eagles I’m bringing Sean Home at this point. Sick of these Fangio Schemes such an overrated system. Not sure why so many coaches orgs like it these days

Our LBs might be worse than the secondary. Oof.

What a terrible showing.

What a terrible showing.
Yeah, missing Cunningham hurt a lot. But I don’t think it would’ve made a difference this game.

EDIT: I have a feeling Shaq Leonard was waiting to see this game to decide where he was gonna sign. If so, welcome to Dallas, Shaq

What a terrible showing.
Yeah, missing Cunningham hurt a lot. But I don’t think it would’ve made a difference this game.
Nobody came to play on defense tackling wise. No gang tackling. No finishing. 10 yard passes turned to TDs because of 3 missed tackles.

The issues I’ve talked about all year and told to ignore came true. Hoping this loss helps show people how much help we still need.

I also hope todays situation in the game thread proved I’m an eagles fan to some doubters but I doubt some will still believe it. Not really surprised with SF they are soft organization and ownership is soft too. Reason why Harbaugh left was because of the babying of Kaepernick the ownership gave and Harbaugh didn’t like the amount of no accountability the org was showing for players.

Good for big Dom and let’s not come out with excuses like this other clown organization has. We’re better then that. I Justice put 3-4 posters on ignore in the game thread. Wouldn’t be surprised if that thread is locked tomorrow morning at this point

You gotta admit it’s weird to hate your franchise QB who led the team to a Super Bowl his second year as a starter.

It’s like a KC homer hating Mahomes. It’s odd. Or a Dallas fan hating Dak (well maybe that’s isn’t all that odd lol).

But anyways, I avoided all the back and forth. SF fans wre still clearly very upset about the NFCCG, so maybe they’ll stfu now.

You gotta admit it’s weird to hate your franchise QB who led the team to a Super Bowl his second year as a starter.

It’s like a KC homer hating Mahomes. It’s odd.

But anyways, I avoided all the back and forth. SF fans wre still clearly very upset about the NFCCG, so maybe they’ll stfu now.
There is 0% chance they shut up now! 😂 Front runningest fans in football. Even Cowboy fans cringe at their bandwagon shenanigans

It’s like a KC homer hating Mahomes. It’s odd.

There is 0% chance they shut up now! 😂 Front runningest fans in football. Even Cowboy fans cringe at their bandwagon shenanigans
Patriots fans say hold my beer.

What a terrible showing.
Nobody came to play on defense tackling wise. No gang tackling. No finishing. 10 yard passes turned to TDs because of 3 missed tackles.
It really looked like the grind caught up to them today. Defense just looked work down. I don’t know if it is the age of our defense or what, but hopefully they can be on better shape for next Sunday

Despite the good start, the defense looked gassed to me...half a step behind or off all night long, lot of broken tackles by Deebo and CMC. Eagles LOOKED like a tired team, at least on defense. It was unreal how many times CMC ran through a hole with Eagles defenders on both sides of him laying just a hand on him, JUST missing tackles.

Thought the offense was fine on the whole. SF is a great defense, and without a single stop after the first quarter, it wasn't like the offense had a lot of drives to work with.

This game will look a lot different in January. Question is where will we play it?

What a terrible showing.
It really looked like the grind caught up to them today. Defense just looked work down. I don’t know if it is the age of our defense or what, but hopefully they can be on better shape for next Sunday
Was typing out almost the same thing

I think this is the game we finally see everything turn around, either in a good way or bad way: We fire on all cylinders and score a convincing win, or the sloppy play finally catches up to us and we get run off our own field. No in between.
Update: it was the bad way.

It’s like a KC homer hating Mahomes. It’s odd. Or a Dallas fan hating Dak (well maybe that’s isn’t all that odd lol).

No it's not ... Mahomes makes the whole team better ****ty receivers and all
Hurts makes the team worse ... and they make him look good !
Statistacally he's around a 12 -15 Range QB ... With the best Oline and WRs in the NFL
Imagine if he was on a ****ty team? He'd be out of the NFL already

No it's not ... Mahomes makes the whole team better ****ty receivers and all
Hurts makes the team worse ... and they make him look good !
Statistacally he's around a 12 -15 Range QB ... With the best Oline and WRs in the NFL
Imagine if he was on a ****ty team? He'd be out of the NFL already

I remember when I drank my first beer

Really would love to hear from Siriani and Jalen to figure out what the heck was going on when he took those sacks holding onto the ball for 7-8 seconds. Not sure what was happening there and what the plan with that is

49rs just in a different tier by themselves. Eagles may be in a second tier by themselves. But it’s a big gap. Don’t see it closing barring injuries

49rs just in a different tier by themselves. Eagles may be in a second tier by themselves. But it’s a big gap. Don’t see it closing barring injuries
Eagles got dominated today. Their Defense is not going to stop all that talent, with Shanny’s playcalling.

I do think the Eagles can score on the 9ers. They got outplayed today, but they have the ponies to win a game against them.

Eagles got dominated today. Their Defense is not going to stop all that talent, with Shanny’s playcalling.

I do think the Eagles can score on the 9ers. They got outplayed today, but they have the ponies to win a game against them.
It’s going to take turnovers, of which there were none today.

It’s going to take turnovers, of which there were none today.
I’m not counting on the Defense being more than a speedbump. Even with Cunningham, they lack elite talent in the back 7.

No way Shaq Leonard watched that game and wants any part of being associated with our LB room.
Why not? He knows he'd play every down.
He’s no longer the prime player he was. Before today the expectation when bringing him in should be he hopefully gives you solid, to occasionally above-average, play as part of the LB group. After today, it will be that he comes in and fixes a major flaw in this D. That’s a no-win situation for him at this stage in his career and injury issues.

Neither us nor DAL will be breaking the bank to make an offer so both $ options will be in the same neighborhood. That’s why I think he will go to DAL where those unrealistic expectations will not be on him.

Users who are viewing this thread