What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (1 Viewer)

Fire both D-Coordinators. Go hire Wink Martindale right now. Him and the Giants just announced they are parting ways and he would be really good for us.
I would love that but it would be a massive change in philosophy. Need Howie and Jeff to want to do it.

I really worry how much of the shots those two call. We’re going to get a glimpse with what we do with these coordinators.

Who you guys cheering for, LA or Detroit? And pls omit the "who cares we suck", because I'd prefer to minimize the inevitable pain even a little bit.

Would we rather go into SF, or into Dallas? We lose both, but which would hurt less?
I am rooting for the Lions because one of my best friends is a long-suffering fan of theirs.

Also because I don't think we will make it to the second round, so I'm not overly concerned about how the other round 1 games affect round 2 matchups.

Who you guys cheering for, LA or Detroit? And pls omit the "who cares we suck", because I'd prefer to minimize the inevitable pain even a little bit.

Would we rather go into SF, or into Dallas? We lose both, but which would hurt less?
I'm cheering for Detroit just because they've never made a Super Bowl, so would love to see that happen.
I mean more in terms of.... which would sting less.... losing R2 in SF, or in Dallas.
I have the worst trolls from both fanbases on ignore, so that's not a factor. I guess I would rather not have our failures benefit Dallas.

I am rooting for the Lions because one of my best friends is a long-suffering fan of theirs.

Also because I don't think we will make it to the second round, so I'm not overly concerned about how the other round 1 games affect round 2 matchups.
I’m pulling for a Detroit and Bills Super Bowl

Wonder if there’s any chance guys like Rivera or even Antonio Pierce would be ok with being a DC
I'd love that. Or maybe even Smith from Atlanta as OC? Really would like a failed HC who was a star Coordinator and could focus only on that.
And those types usually have decent relationships around the league and could bring in quality position coaches as well. Idk if a guy like Reich would consider working under Sirianni but I’d take him too. Leslie Frazier on defense etc.

Wonder if there’s any chance guys like Rivera or even Antonio Pierce would be ok with being a DC
I'd love that. Or maybe even Smith from Atlanta as OC? Really would like a failed HC who was a star Coordinator and could focus only on that.
And those types usually have decent relationships around the league and could bring in quality position coaches as well. Idk if a guy like Reich would consider working under Sirianni but I’d take him too. Leslie Frazier on defense etc.
I think coaches like Doug and Nick are good but not elite coaches. Good leaders, can take teams to the SB, but need really good coordinators around them to put them over the top.

Guys like Andy and Harbaugh are a bit more self sufficient no matter who the coordinator is, but maybe that just comes with decades of league experience

I think coaches like Doug and Nick are good but not elite coaches. Good leaders, can take teams to the SB, but need really good coordinators around them to put them over the top.

Guys like Andy and Harbaugh are a bit more self sufficient no matter who the coordinator is, but maybe that just comes with decades of league experience

I agree partially. I think what makes great NFL coaches is there ability to evaluate and develop other great coaches. Everyone focuses on scheme, leadership and evaluating the players (which is also huge) but the ability to identify and develop other great coaches is what puts these guys over the top.

It’s only a matter of time before your coaches are taken or move on. Having the eye and skill to teach their replacement is a staple of great HC’ing. Thats where Doug and maybe Sirianni fall short.

I dont want this to sound like a stupid question ... but does anyone think we tried to win the game yesterday? I mean, sure ... we tried to win, but it didnt feel like a playoff game. I didnt see any sense of urgency. I didnt see one trick play. Not one Hurts designed run. Then, all players pulled by half. Not saying that was the design, but what gives?

Im starting to think we get an offensive explosion next week. Its also possible ... we see some different defensive schemes next week. I mean, why show them this week?
Are you talking about the coaches or players? If the former, what would be the motivation for not trying? If the latter, would someone like Hurts step onto a field and not give 100% effort?
Coaching and schemes. They were vanilla across the board, yes?

As a now interested observer wtf happened
To be clear we just watched one of the worst Eagles games I think I’ve ever seen. That was the most gutless and embarrassing performance by a team that has clearly packed their bags on the coach and the season.
I wont argue that they played poorly. However, saying that players have packed their bags on the season doesnt pass the sniff test.

Some players never get to play a single playoff game. Last year this team went to the Super Bowl. This year they are going to playoffs. The notion any player is done for the season just doesnt make any sense.
Bro, I know you are a fan, but have you watched this team over the last couple of months? Honestly, half the guys that played yesterday looked like they were playing to get the coach fired. I saw a team yesterday play against one of the worst teams in the league and get boat raced for 2 quarters until they tucked tail and sent in the backups. They are done. They've got bags packed and tee times set up.
I dont think you understand what it takes to be a football player.

You realize some teams are still playing with zero chance for the playoffs? Why do those players play as hard as they do?

Look, I know you are a fan. Trust me, it is going to be ok.
I do realize that there are some teams still playing with zero chance to make the playoffs. One of those teams just kicked our teeth in.

There's a litany of reasons that players still play hard for their team and a litany of reason that they don't. I said earlier, I think that the team et al are simply not buying what Nick is selling. They did last year-most of the guys on this team would have run through a wall for him last year. Did they just lose the ability to play? I mean, from a talent perspective you agree that they should have bombed the last few teams. They didn't. And not only did they not, they got their butts kicked. Nick's lost the team, they all know they are going nowhere and they are not playing like a hungry team; they are playing like a team that does. not. care.

One man's opinion.
Here's to hoping your wrong 🍺

On paper, that seems like an easier schedule than this year but that doesn’t mean much right now. Although the AFC North could be pretty good especially with Burrow healthy.

I would rather go into TB.

That said, if we want to go to the SB we prolly gotta beat them both, so does it matter?

If you are asking me if I only had to play one, which one? Id def take @Dal

Would anyone want to kick the tires on ole Eric Bienemy as OC?
No.

I don't know why, but I always found him overrated as a coach. I think the offense in KC was mostly Reid. He got many HC interviews over the years, and lots of talk about him getting a gig, and never impressed any teams enough to hire him. In Washington he was meh. And he's also likely looking to be a HC... so if he sucks, that's bad. If he's really good, he might be one and done.
Yeah. I get that. I really don't know whats going to happen next, other than an absolute further collapse in Tampa on Monday haha.
Ya, I think I just want good coordinators so badly. I believe coordinators are the most underrated "position(?)" in football.

I either want some young genius from college who has all these plans to study film, come up with new schemes, etc.... or a veteran guy who has been around the NFL a while and can at the very least, do the basics to put together a game plan that doesn't suck.

No more Desei, Bienemy, Patricia, Johnson type guys who are in between that, and who might just be products of their former head coaches, yet be totally lost and over their head on their own.
I think OL and S&C are most important.

I agree partially. I think what makes great NFL coaches is there ability to evaluate and develop other great coaches. Everyone focuses on scheme, leadership and evaluating the players (which is also huge) but the ability to identify and develop other great coaches is what puts these guys over the top.

It’s only a matter of time before your coaches are taken or move on. Having the eye and skill to teach their replacement is a staple of great HC’ing. Thats where Doug and maybe Sirianni fall short.

Adjustments? I haven't seen any in 2 months

Would anyone want to kick the tires on ole Eric Bienemy as OC?
No too many skeletons on the closet. Howell seemed to do well early in the season and did a 180 the final weeks as well. Decent coach but he doesn’t interview well and any time he’s been available to interview Eagles never put in a request from KC

I’m pulling for a Detroit and Bills Super Bowl
I really want an Eagles Steelers SB or Bills V Eagles. Tailgate should determine which team gets the decision to receive or differ second half

Smith was horrible in Ato. He committed crimes with the way he didn’t use Kyle Pitts and made some weird decisions with Bijan early in the year.

Smith was horrible in Ato. He committed crimes with the way he didn’t use Kyle Pitts and made some weird decisions with Bijan early in the year.

Easy pass on smith. He sucks

Yep dude blew up yesterday when Denis Allen scored again at the end. If you don’t want them to score stop it

Yep dude blew up yesterday when Denis Allen scored again at the end. If you don’t want them to score stop it
Nah, everything about that was bush league.

I haven’t followed Atlanta much but he was good as OC In Tennessee

I'm cheering for Detroit just because they've never made a Super Bowl, so would love to see that happen.
I mean more in terms of.... which would sting less.... losing R2 in SF, or in Dallas.
Oh, losing to SF by a mile.

Yea that deserved to get upset about.

If you don’t want them to score you stop them. Smith knew he was gone after the game so he took it out on Allen

Yea that deserved to get upset about.
Yep... glad he stuck up for himself there.

If you don’t want them to score you stop them. Smith knew he was gone after the game so he took it out on Allen

You didn’t see the play or know the situation. Take some time and look it up. Bush league across the board. Winston will be gone because of it too I’m sure.

You didn’t see the play or know the situation. Take some time and look it up. Bush league across the board. Winston will be gone because of it too I’m sure.

i wasnt saying smith sucked because of that. his refusal to use his best players the entire time in ATL was baffling. i dont want that crap over here. we have enough problems

Most coaches know the situations smith is just a perpetual child many times sucks as a coach and won’t take any accountability for his teams play. This isn’t little league these guys are pros. He resfysed to use his two best players in proper situations as well.

Last edited:

Most coaches know the situations smith is just a perpetual child many times sucks as a coach and won’t take any accountability for his teams play. This isn’t little league these guys are pros. He resfysed to use his two best players in proper situations as well.

When you’re in a hole, stop digging lol

Users who are viewing this thread