What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (1 Viewer)

Haha at least we won't hear any "Easiest schedule in NFL history" again

I don't recall having a tougher stretch than this, ever

W9: DAL
W10: BYE
W11: @ KC (MNF)
W12: BUF
W13: SF
W14: @ DAL (SNF?)
W15: @ SEA
I heard they have the hardest schedule in the league.
I think I am on record here saying "I am not a fan of how SOS is calculated" merely on the fact that teams change so much year to year.

For example our first place schedule includes a Bucs team lead by either Kyle Trask or Baker Mayfield instead of Tom Brady. Pretty sure the Bucs are gonna suck this year.

With that said, objectively, it does look difficult. 7 game stretch against playoff teams from last year.

4 toughest games IMO, not in order:

@ KC
vs Buffalo
@ Seattle
vs Miami

Reactions: JAA
i hope the Eagles signed Sean Desai for 3-5 years. Loved his interview the other day, and i look forward to how he rolls the defense out

i hope the Eagles signed Sean Desai for 3-5 years. Loved his interview the other day, and i look forward to how he rolls the defense out
Second this. One of my more favorite introductory pressers for a coordinator/coach in a while. He seems humble, intelligent and passionate. Not many Coordinators also have a doctorate, so his intelligence and hard work are apparent just there. Personality wise, seems an upgrade from Gannon. I think the players are really gonna take to him. Seems intense as well, I think he will have an infectious effect on the players here. I really like how he touched on the "disguise" aspect of the scheme. "Honest NFL" on twitter really offer some good break downs of this side of things. Got me amped!

Jalen Carter situation has a new twist. Apparently he had a suspended license at the time of the accident. Not sure what that means for him going forward but I'm sure this isn't going away. They're going to keep hammering at this for most of his career.

Jalen Carter situation has a new twist. Apparently he had a suspended license at the time of the accident. Not sure what that means for him going forward but I'm sure this isn't going away. They're going to keep hammering at this for most of his career.

Much ado about nothing IMO. This would have been a known fact at the time of his sentencing for two misdemeanors. He can't face any additional charges from this. Probably just the attorneys in the civil case leaking information to try and get a settlement from his attorneys.

I saw something that claimed there was a photo of him with some bloods. Fake?

I see alot of potential losses
W1: @ NE
W2: MIN (TNF)
W3: @ TB (MNF)
W4: WSH
W5: @ LAR
W6: @ NYJ
W7: MIA (SNF)
W8: @ WSH
W9: DAL
W11: @ KC (MNF)
W12: BUF
W13: SF
W14: @ DAL (SNF?)
W15: @ SEA
W16: NYG (Xmas Monday)
W17: ARI (NYE)
W18: @ NYG

This schedule sucks for a million reasons, including a few personal ones:
  • Open on the road (on Tom Brady night, of all nights)
  • Play our first 2 games of the season 4 days apart (when most players are still getting into shape, plus we have a new OC and DC)
  • Home opener is on a Thursday night
  • It's a 9 road game year for NFC
  • Only 3 home games in the first 2 months, before the weather starts to get cold
  • 5 Primetime games
  • Christmas afternoon home game (some of us season ticket holders with young kids will have to skip)
  • None of the NE/TB/DAL road games are anywhere close to when I could have coordinated work trips around them when I can go to Boston, Tampa, and Dallas this fall and winter
About the only positives are the W10 bye (which really is only good because of when it comes before a really tough stretch of the schedule) and maybe the last 4 match-ups for the stretch run.

lots of potential losses
i see like 8 games that could go either way. no way we win them all. throw in another couple games that come out of no where to be losses and we wont get that number 1 seed this year.
But focus on division games and get that one home playoff game and see what happens. thankfully we are still the class of the division.

I agree I know we’ll see fans overreact but we are going to lose more games then last year it was just happening. There’s a lot of games I see either way and SB loss teams start slow. NE game I think we lose as Bill is good against QBs of Hurts style. I see us winning ugly and unconvincing against Minn

Much ado about nothing IMO. This would have been a known fact at the time of his sentencing for two misdemeanors. He can't face any additional charges from this. Probably just the attorneys in the civil case leaking information to try and get a settlement from his attorneys.

Tim McManus reported it and he doesn't report anything unless there is context about it. Tim doesn't report things for hot takes and clicks either.

Tim McManus reported it and he doesn't report anything unless there is context about it. Tim doesn't report things for hot takes and clicks either.

Unless he provided the context, it is just for clicks. Carter's driving record would have been information that the DA would have had prior to his sentencing. At this point it is nothing more than character assassination, most likely, from a plaintiffs attorney to force a settlement from a new millionaire.

Win % from last season has flaws. Example, we play Tampa, they won 8 games last year, they might win 3 this year. Denver won 5 last season, they might win 10 this year. Plus, the NFC East teams had good records last year which skews the SOS.
If we do well, someone will find a new way to calculate SOS that doesn't have us as the hardest one.
And it will be the team that truly has the easiest schedule this year when its all said and done.

Win % from last season has flaws. Example, we play Tampa, they won 8 games last year, they might win 3 this year. Denver won 5 last season, they might win 10 this year. Plus, the NFC East teams had good records last year which skews the SOS.
If we do well, someone will find a new way to calculate SOS that doesn't have us as the hardest one.
And it will be the team that truly has the easiest schedule this year when its all said and done.
This is good for the Eagles. They'll be battle tested for the playoffs.

You guys will be somewhere between 12-5 and 14-3. I think most of the top contenders will be in this range. Chiefs included.

This happened last year with the Chiefs. When they released the schedule I remember them being given a label of the toughest schedule in the league or maybe 2nd.

Their schedule ended up being a turd.
14-3?! Damn. Our schedule is crazy hard, I see anywhere from 10-12 wins. Hoping for 12, expecting 11.

You guys will be somewhere between 12-5 and 14-3. I think most of the top contenders will be in this range. Chiefs included.

This happened last year with the Chiefs. When they released the schedule I remember them being given a label of the toughest schedule in the league or maybe 2nd.

14-3?! Damn. Our schedule is crazy hard, I see anywhere from 10-12 wins. Hoping for 12, expecting 11.
Your team is too good for only 11 wins.

I firmly believe they have the best overall roster in the league. The only real wildcard is the turnover on the coaching staff. But your team is no joke. I'd be shocked if they won less than 12 games.

I firmly believe they have the best overall roster in the league. The only real wildcard is the turnover on the coaching staff. But your team is no joke. I'd be shocked if they won less than 12 games.
Pound the over then. Vegas has the O/U at either 10.5 or 11.5 depending on the site.

Appreciate your optimism. I'm just hoping the Super Bowl hangover doesn't affect them too much. And yeah, we'll have to see how the coordinator turnover impacts them. Kelce and Johnson are also another year older.

Im hoping for 10 wins

We lost both coordinators. I would love to believe we are just "that good" but the odds are simply not in our favor.

Im hoping for 10 wins
9-8 would surprise me to be honest.
10-12 seems perfect.

I feel this way too, and my hesitation is for similar reasons....turnover in the coaching staff. Stay healthy and I see no reason Eagles shouldn't compete for top seed. Gun to head I'd call 13 wins

I feel this way too, and my hesitation is for similar reasons....turnover in the coaching staff. Stay healthy and I see no reason Eagles shouldn't compete for top seed. Gun to head I'd call 13 wins
We will maybe miss Steichen. I just don't see us missing Gannon though. Desai seems like a better personality and fit. Those that criticized Gannon were basically the same few things:

Scheme doesn't work unless he has the best players
Doesn't adjust enough or at all (Super Bowl, hello?)
The good QB's complete way too high of a % of their passes

I feel really good about Desai after his first presser. Same scheme. Just need to add one more impact player potentially at LB/S and I think we are just as good last year on defense.

Johnson - I feel good about too, he has known Jalen for a long time and was his QB coach. Just gotta get his feet wet with the playcalling.

The XFL started, died, started again, died again, started a third time, and brought a championship to Dallas.
This has all happened since the last time the Cowboys played in the NFC Championship.
Over/under before one of those obsessed dudes comes in here and posts "rent free" ?
Haha I thought the same thing. Biggest fanbase in the world, but here its practically just 2 guys. I enjoy the rivalry. Enjoy the jab trading. I mean, its why I'm in sports. If I wanted something not involving fanbases as a spectator sport I'd watch darts or bowling or golf. Team sports is just more fun b/c of this aspect, the trash talking, etc.

Unless he provided the context, it is just for clicks. Carter's driving record would have been information that the DA would have had prior to his sentencing. At this point it is nothing more than character assassination, most likely, from a plaintiffs attorney to force a settlement from a new millionaire.

Nah that’s not Tim. I know him personally from being a customer of mine and his neighbor comes in often. I even talked to some UGA contacts who said they believe Carter had a suspended license but still driving.

Nah that’s not Tim. I know him personally from being a customer of mine and his neighbor comes in often. I even talked to some UGA contacts who said they believe Carter had a suspended license but still driving.
It begins...

W1: @ NE L
W2: MIN (TNF) UGLY Win thats not convincing
W3: @ TB (MNF) L TB has a good defense still
W4: WSH W
W5: @ LAR I think this game is closer then people think. Rams had a ton of injuries but not much sustainable D. I think this is a W but closer then people think
W6: @ NYJ This one could go either way. Win
W7: MIA (SNF) MIA has a stout defense. Either way on this one L
W8: @ WSH W
W9: DAL W
W11: @ KC (MNF) In KC coming off a bye Andy off a Bye too. L
W12: BUF This could be a loss too
W13: SF W
W14: @ DAL (SNF?) L
W15: @ SEA L
W16: NYG (Xmas Monday) W
W17: ARI (NYE) W
W18: @ NYG W

1O-7 but with a few wins or Ls either way. We could be 9-8 or 11-6. Just matter if we stay healthy and how long the SB Loss hangover stays. Also some guys will progress back to their norm it's up to others to step up and or reach their potential

I don't do predictions, but wanted to have some fun. With tongue firmly in cheek, here is what my crystal ball is showing me:

W1: @ NE W - By halftime NE is getting beaten so badly they change gears and honor Jalen Hurts instead of Brady.
W2: MIN (TNF) W - Leading up to the game, Reagor vows to show what the Eagles missed out on by trading him. He proceeds to drop two TD passes and muffs a punt, indeed showing the Eagles what they're missing out on.
W3: @ TB (MNF) W - Baker Mayfield? Seriously?
W4: WSH W - Fun fact: Since Snyder took over the team has had more names than playoff wins.
W5: @ LAR W - Eagles fans take over the stadium, parking lot, and a good portion of Hollywood prompting the immediate greenlight of three more Rocky sequels.
W6: @ NYJ W - Rodgers begins to wonder if it's too soon to throw his teammates and coaches under the bus or if he should just retire and chase his true passion, starting a conspiracy theory podcast.
W7: MIA (SNF) W - I just feel bad for Tua. :frown:
W8: @ WSH W - The new ownership decides the Commanders is a really stupid name and let attending fans decide a new one. Unfortunately for them, it's another Eagles takeover. They are now the Washington ********s. Still less offensive than Redskins.
W9: DAL W - Someone is injured on Dallas and is the reason they lose, or so we'll be told repeatedly.
W10: Bye bye bye, BYE BYE!
W11: @ KC (MNF) W - The KC grounds crew tries it's best to recreate the Super Bowl turf. It backfires horrible as Shady comes out of retirement and is the only player to get any kind of traction. He ends the days with 235 rushing yards and 5 touchdowns.
W12: BUF W - Real talk, I like the Bills. Feel bad for them. They give me a real Philly vibe with the tough breaks they've had since '90. Fortunately, the Eagles don't give a crap about that and pick off Allen 4 times.
W13: SF W - The Niners Super Bowl! Despite a valiant performance by current Hall of Famer Brock Purdy, his 196 yards, 1 TD and 3 ints isn't enough and he falls just short by 35 points.
W14: @ DAL (SNF?) W - Hurts decides to sit this one out to even the playing field. Mariota leads the team to victory with 4 rushing touchdowns. Opposing fans complain about the 1950's college offense that they are completely unable to stop.
W15: @ SEA W - After already playing in KC, the Eagles laugh at the 12th man BS and overcome the piped in crowd noise. Also, are we really buying the Geno Smith late blooming?
W16: NYG (Xmas Monday) W - Sirianni tells the team it's the Giants' fault they're playing on Christmas. Danny Dimes earns his nickname by taking 10 sacks.
W17: ARI (NYE) W - Hurts completes over 80% of his passes. Enduring a double digit loss season, Gannon lies during his post-game presser, doing his best to convince everyone that they had a good season and are playoff-bound. He makes up stories about how it's just the fans and media being mean to him. He's fired immediately after the game and asked to stay in Philly. Philly politely declines.
W18: @ NYG W - Giants need a win to make the playoffs. Eagles refuse to rest their starters to remain perfect despite clinching the one seed weeks ago. Giants complain for months and the irony is lost on them.

They go on to win the Super Bowl and the remaining '72 Dolphins are forbidden from ever drinking champagne again.

W5: @ LAR I think this game is closer then people think. Rams had a ton of injuries but not much sustainable D. I think this is a W but closer then people think

1O-7 but with a few wins or Ls either way. We could be 9-8 or 11-6. Just matter if we stay healthy and how long the SB Loss hangover stays. Also some guys will progress back to their norm it's up to others to step up and or reach their potential

Don't really want to argue your predictions but Week 3 @ TB a loss? Eagles have extra days of prep from playing the Thursday game the week before, TB with Tom Brady was 25th in scoring and 15th in yards (2nd in the league in passing), now replace Brady with Baker Mayfield. And their defense was ok (13th in points, 9th in yards) and was just average stopping the run. This is a loss?

Don't really want to argue your predictions but Week 3 @ TB a loss? Eagles have extra days of prep from playing the Thursday game the week before, TB with Tom Brady was 25th in scoring and 15th in yards (2nd in the league in passing), now replace Brady with Baker Mayfield. And their defense was ok (13th in points, 9th in yards) and was just average stopping the run. This is a loss?
He can't let himself predict more then 10 wins for Hurts

So taking the under on 10.5 wins that Vegas has. Not completely out of the realm of possibilities. I will wait until after TC to make a records prediction as I feel we got more roster moves to be made.

We do poorly in TB no matter what. 18' in TB was suppose to be a win and we lost.

Are we gonna get a new punter? Hated the guy we had last year
Siposs was pretty good. It was kern who was siposs’s injury replacement who was terrible.

Thats right. So Sipnoss is still on the team i guess
They both stunk, Kern just stunk more. They signed a UDFA to compete, Ty Zentner.
Siposs was actually in top half i think based on the "Puntalitic" guys

Siposs was pretty good. It was kern who was siposs’s injury replacement who was terrible.

They both stunk, Kern just stunk more. They signed a UDFA to compete, Ty Zentner.
Don't care. That punt in the Super Bowl was horrific. Zentner time baby!

He was good at pinning, but stunk at booming. Considering the team goes for it on 4th down so often, the pinning opportunities aren't as common. Plus as mentioned the choke job in the SB. he did the same thing the previous season against TB in the playoffs. Personally, I've seen enough.

He was good at pinning, but stunk at booming. Considering the team goes for it on 4th down so often, the pinning opportunities aren't as common. Plus as mentioned the choke job in the SB. he did the same thing the previous season against TB in the playoffs. Personally, I've seen enough.
I'm with you 100%. We are going for it on 4th down unless we are inside the 35 yard line, so the guys that can really boom the kick is who we want now. They have him sharing his jersey number (siposs) so the writing appears to be on the wall. Maybe we take a look at Punt God? I would love to.

What about Matt Araiza? Someone's gotta give him another shot?

What about Matt Araiza? Someone's gotta give him another shot?
Yeah, that's Punt God, just mentioned we should bring him in. I'm game.

We do poorly in TB no matter what. 18' in TB was suppose to be a win and we lost.

That's fair, but then the Jets game should be a definite win since we have never lost to the Jets...ever. Going 5-1 in the division would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread