What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers. Banged up team loses to Buffalo. Looking ahead to 2024 now (2 Viewers)

Mason Rudolph returning to the Steelers
Not that surprised. Pickings are incredibly slim.

Still....meh.
I'm holding out slim hope that we sign him for super cheap and just roll with Pickett, Rudolph, and a young QB at QB3 and either trade or cut Trubisky to save some cap space.
That would be ridiculous
I mean, I just wanted cap relief and now we're getting it through a Trubisky extension...

Still....meh.
I'm holding out slim hope that we sign him for super cheap and just roll with Pickett, Rudolph, and a young QB at QB3 and either trade or cut Trubisky to save some cap space.
That would be ridiculous
I mean, I just wanted cap relief and now we're getting it through a Trubisky extension...
What do you want to spend it on? I would trade Tribisky for any available free agent

Still....meh.
That would be ridiculous
What do you want to spend it on? I would trade Tribisky for any available free agent
Not any specific player at the moment, I just think that there's better value than a $10 million mediocre backup QB.

I wish the team would extend Cam by 2 years and ease our cap a bit more. He's 34, but he is still playing at a ridiculously high level and a 4 year contract isn't nuts, especially with an out after 3.

It's hard to imagine us getting another starter through FA at this point so it'd have to be through a trade or we just add improved depth. But also, even if there's no specific target for the money right now, we'll need some leeway during the season in case we have to make moves. Or roll it over into 2024.

Thursday flex is happening even with 8 teams voting against it. It could be nice for out of market Steelers fans if they get flexed in, so fans can watch the game. But it can't be good for teams flexing from Sunday to Thursday, or for any fans traveling to a game. Feels like the NFL should be required to reimburse travel expenses for people who paid to travel from out of town (they won't, but they should).

Markus Golden visiting the Steelers. He was pretty good in 2021, but was really not good in 2022. Not sure if injury or scheme could have played a part. As a 32 year old pass rusher I'd hope he's our OLB #4.

Markus Golden visiting the Steelers. He was pretty good in 2021, but was really not good in 2022. Not sure if injury or scheme could have played a part. As a 32 year old pass rusher I'd hope he's our OLB #4.
Depending on cost, he could be a decent rotational rusher ("could" not "will").

https://twitter.com/CarterCritiques
Christopher Carter
@CarterCritiques
Locked on #Steelers Tuesday w/@ASaunders_PGH!
- Isaiah Simmons trade a real possibility? - What Khan needs to pull the trigger
- Kevin Dotson's comments on Broderick Jones
- Good problem: Coming OL depth battles Watch/like/subscribe on
@YouTubeyoutube.com
Will Steelers Trade for Linebacker Isaiah Simmons? | Offensive Line's...
The Pittsburgh Steelers still need an inside linebacker, and the questions about Arizona Cardinals linebacker Isaiah

Christopher Carter
@CarterCritiques
- Isaiah Simmons trade a real possibility? - What Khan needs to pull the trigger
@YouTubeyoutube.com
The Pittsburgh Steelers still need an inside linebacker, and the questions about Arizona Cardinals linebacker Isaiah
Carter doesn't know what he is talking about and basically puts out clickbait

Christopher Carter
@CarterCritiques
@YouTubeyoutube.com
Carter doesn't know what he is talking about and basically puts out clickbait
"Hey, I'm just asking the question!"
His podcast is so far outside reality so often.

Released Anthony Miller. I really thought he could be a good slot option. Had good rapport with KP prior to his injury.

Also, I saw a picture of Washington in the huddle next to the olinemen. My god he really is a huge man.

Feeling more optimistic about the offense. ARob in the slot is perfect for KP development and a great veteran to help Pickens mature. I think he elevates the team and easily leads the steelers in TD receptions. O-Line is still a serious concern for pass pro. Mix that with an OC who doesn't bother with hot routes... Team desperately needs a better offensive mind at the helm.

Most likely earns the spot. KA has better speed and range than the others, so he should pair up with Holcomb on passing downs. Has enough speed in a mobius D to either rush the QB or drop into coverage.

Cory Trice to IR. I guess that is why he fell to the 7th round. Looks like his right leg -- ACL or Achilles?

O-Line room is going to be interesting to form.

I am not sure that I buy the Kendrick Green as short yardage FB experiment or not -- and whether that will get him a roster spot.

I am hearing Herbig is taking 2nd team C snaps, and has actually looked better than Cole. If Herbig is playing C, then Green is very expendable, as Dotson is a better G. Moore/Jones as swing tackle, but do they need to also keep another like Clark on the roster? If not, then they can overload on the interior.

Rudolph having a terrible camp. We may only keep 2 QBs . . . .

I am not sure that I buy the Kendrick Green as short yardage FB experiment or not -- and whether that will get him a roster spot.

I am hearing Herbig is taking 2nd team C snaps, and has actually looked better than Cole. If Herbig is playing C, then Green is very expendable, as Dotson is a better G. Moore/Jones as swing tackle, but do they need to also keep another like Clark on the roster? If not, then they can overload on the interior.

I could see Rudolph getting cut in favor of Tanner Morgan but would be surprised if we don't keep 3 QBs

My shot at 53:

QB (2):

Pickett; Trubiski

RB (3):

Najee, Warren, McFarland

FB (1):

Heyward

WR (6):

DJ, Pickens, Robinson, Austin, Boykin, White

TE (3):

Muth, Williams, Gentry

OL (9):

Moore, Seumalo, Cole, Daniels, Chuks, Jones, Herbig, Green, Clark

DL (7):

Heyward, Ogun, Leal, Benton, Fehoko, Loudermilk, Adams

OLB (4):

Watt, Highsmith, Golden, Herbig

ILB (5):

Holcomb, Alexander, Roberts, Robinson, Muse

CB (5):

Peterson, Wallace, Porter, Pierre, Sullivan

S (5)

Fitz, Kazee, Neal, Killibrew, Norwood

ST (3)

Boswell, Kuntz, Harvin

Green shouldn’t be anywhere near the final 53. Cole struggled quite a bit too. Relieved to hear Herbig might take over.

Green shouldn’t be anywhere near the final 53. Cole struggled quite a bit too. Relieved to hear Herbig might take over.
Him or Dotson I suppose. This experiment at FB might get him the last spot on the team though.

Wasn’t a fan of Pickett selection last year but WOW did he look good. Glad to see Dan at left OT right now. Jones technique isn’t great in pass pro. Hopefully he will figure it out at some point this season.

Wasn’t a fan of Pickett selection last year but WOW did he look good. Glad to see Dan at left OT right now. Jones technique isn’t great in pass pro. Hopefully he will figure it out at some point this season.

Will come down to the play calling. Do we use the players' strengths, or just call passes to the sidelines all day?

Green lost himself his spot. So does Dotson, Clark, or Anderson get the last 1-2 spots on OL?

Will come down to the play calling. Do we use the players' strengths, or just call passes to the sidelines all day?

Green lost himself his spot. So does Dotson, Clark, or Anderson get the last 1-2 spots on OL?
Agree with you on Green. He looked lost out there. Not great for a vet.

Energy around the team feels seriously strong. Feels like a contender ready to show out.

Users who are viewing this thread