What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 NASCAR Thread (5 Viewers)

Send $12.95 to cpzeck at yahoo dot com via PayPal (gift) or Venmo.  Please don't put fantasy league in the description field.

If you haven't PMed me your email address, please do so I can set up the Fantrax league.

Send $12.95 to cpzeck at yahoo dot com via PayPal (gift) or Venmo.  Please don't put fantasy league in the description field.

If you haven't PMed me your email address, please do so I can set up the Fantrax league.
sending monies now... can you have 2 email addys on fantrax?

I don't particularly like the guy and don't think NASCAR will allow the Toyotas to dominate like last year but the Denny Hamlin clone seems like the obvious pick here.

The last six picks are like a spotter at Martinsville saying outside outside outside for 500 laps.

1    .    10    dal_boys_phan - Elliott
2    .    01    dal_boys_phan - Keselowski
2    .    02    Davinci - Elliott (2)
2    .    03    quizguy66 - Keselowski (2)
2    .    04    comfortably numb - Hamlin
2    .    05    eephus - Hamlin (2)
2    .    06    cheeseypoof
2    .    07   belljr
2    .    08    bigsteelthrill
2    .    09    E Street Brat
2    .    10    The Man With No Name
3    .    01    bigsteelthrill
3    .    02    cheeseypoof
3    .    03    eephus
3    .    04    dal_boys_phan
3    .    05    The Man With No Name
3    .    06    belljr
3    .    07    Davinci
3    .    08    quizguy66
3    .    09    E Street Brat
3    .    10    comfortably numb

@cheeseypoof

Going with the first non cloned driver since I just want him on my team.

2.06 - Cheeseypoof selects #14 Clint Bowyer.

Low stakes and he's my favorite driver so why not.  True and Bowyer, I'll at least pay attention now.

@Eephus

Can you re-explain the fourth driver and how that's going to work.

First 3 drivers (the drafted guys) are locked in.  Are we allowed to switch out the 4th guy weekly?

@Eephus

Can you re-explain the fourth driver and how that's going to work.

First 3 drivers (the drafted guys) are locked in.  Are we allowed to switch out the 4th guy weekly?
Yes.  Even with the clones, I don't think there's a fair way to have a four round draft without a big talent dropoff.  I also thought it would keep up more interest if we at least have the option of making some in-season moves.

The drivers drafted in rounds 1-3 will be locked in to the teams that drafted them.  All remaining drivers will be free agents available to any and all teams.  Every team could conceivably run **** Trickle for the same race week.  There's no maximum number of races for your 4th driver.  You can run the same guy all year if you want to or if you're lazy.

I think Fantrax can handle this if we run it as a salary cap league and assign the drivers drafted in rounds 1-3 a high salary value.

Yes.  Even with the clones, I don't think there's a fair way to have a four round draft without a big talent dropoff.  I also thought it would keep up more interest if we at least have the option of making some in-season moves.

The drivers drafted in rounds 1-3 will be locked in to the teams that drafted them.  All remaining drivers will be free agents available to any and all teams.  Every team could conceivably run **** Trickle for the same race week.  There's no maximum number of races for your 4th driver.  You can run the same guy all year if you want to or if you're lazy.

I think Fantrax can handle this if we run it as a salary cap league and assign the drivers drafted in rounds 1-3 a high salary value.
Great.  Thanks

@belljr up

1    .    01    The Man With No Name - Truex
1    .    02    E Street Brat - Larson
1    .    03    bigsteelthrill - Kyle Busch
1    .    04    belljr - Harvick
1    .    05    cheeseypoof - Truex (2)
1    .    06    eephus - Larson (2)
1    .    07    comfortably numb - Kyle Busch (2)
1    .    08    quizguy66 - Harvick (2)
1    .    09    Davinci - Johnson
2    .    06    cheeseypoof - Bowyer
2    .    07   belljr
2    .    08    bigsteelthrill
2    .    09    E Street Brat
2    .    10    The Man With No Name
3    .    01    bigsteelthrill
3    .    02    cheeseypoof
3    .    03    eephus
3    .    04    dal_boys_phan
3    .    05    The Man With No Name
3    .    06    belljr
3    .    07    Davinci
3    .    08    quizguy66
3    .    09    E Street Brat
3    .    10    comfortably numb

Cheeseypoof's Bowyer pick guarantees that no teams will have the same #1 & #2 driver lineup :thumbup:

I don't particularly like the guy and don't think NASCAR will allow the Toyotas to dominate like last year but the Denny Hamlin clone seems like the obvious pick here.

The last six picks are like a spotter at Martinsville saying outside outside outside for 500 laps.

@cheeseypoof
Like the Hamlin picks - a lot. 

Debated Hamlin vs. Keselowski pretty intently as my 2nd pick at 2.01 after Elliott (as I assumed correctly that both of the Harvicks would be gone before my pick).

:thumbup:

Jones was a rookie last year, switched to JGR and just slid into Matt Kenseths' ride.
He was the best Tier C pick in the Yahoo game last year so I was really careful about when I used his ten races.  It seemed like he ran 15th every time I picked him though.  So I expect big things from him this year without me weighing him down for 1/4 of the season.

tbh I like Keselowski better than Harvick but figured there was no way the one remaining Harvick would slide all the way to 13.  Thought it unlikely both Keselowskis and Hamlins would go 9-10-11-12 (would have taken Elliott in that case).  It worked out the way I wanted.  

Suggestion for next year: only the top 5 should have clones - this takes the sting out of being in the back of the line in both rounds 1 and 3.  In this scenario no need to randomize round 3 imo.

Hope you all have collective amnesia and leave me someone good at 28.

-QG

When making the rules, I did a quick & dirty count and figured with less than ten clones, there would be a big dropoff before the end of round 3.  We'll see how it plays out.

When making the rules, I did a quick & dirty count and figured with less than ten clones, there would be a big dropoff before the end of round 3.  We'll see how it plays out.
no worries :)  just my thoughts this first time around :)

-QG

@dirtyhalos

I hope you know what this all means.

Round 1 & 2 complete.  All clones except Austin Dillon have been picked.  Erik Jones and Clint Bowyer are also unavailable

1    .    01    The Man With No Name - Truex
1    .    02    E Street Brat - Larson
1    .    03    bigsteelthrill - Kyle Busch
1    .    04    belljr - Harvick
1    .    05    cheeseypoof - Truex (2)
1    .    06    eephus - Larson (2)
1    .    07    comfortably numb - Kyle Busch (2)
1    .    08    quizguy66 - Harvick (2)
1    .    09    Davinci - Johnson
2    .    06    cheeseypoof - Bowyer
2    .    07   belljr - Johnson (2)
2    .    08    bigsteelthrill - Jones    
2    .    09    E Street Brat - Blaney
2    .    10    The Man With No Name - Blaney (2)

Users who are viewing this thread