What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - Howie is like a bottle of Tylenol: Tamper-resistant! (6 Viewers)

Is AJ Brown a sell in dynasty?
I don't think it's a bad time to kick the tires on it but would not feel like it's urgent. Would view it as being a year ahead.

He seems a bit combustible to me and I'm not all buying what he's selling about his sideline antics being about anything other then wanting the ball. That's not such a bad thing, you kind of want that in your WR for fantasy, but it can wear thin after awhile and especialy be an issue when skills start to erode.

He'll be 27 this upcoming season. Generally a prime year for WR's but the way WR's seem to work now is they got those prime years in the 26-28 range and seem to taking declines at around 30 so your window for prime years to sell is not a big one. I've beat this subject to death in other posts about WR's started to decline in the that 30-31 type of range and won't here, just what I've been noticing. Either way if the age reduction in his value has not already started, it's going to start and just pick up steam regardless of if his actual play declines.

This last thing you can consider a positive or negative howeever it suits you but I heard a podcast the other day with 3 good Eagles beat writers. One of those was from Josh Tolentino from the Inquirer who felt made the prediction that within a year of Devonta getting extended, which oddds are going to be this season, that AJB would no longer be a member of the Eagles.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a bad time to kick the tires on it but would not feel like it's urgent. Would view it as being a year ahead.

He seems a bit combustible to me and I'm not all buying what he's selling about his sideline antics being about anything other then wanting the ball. That's not such a bad thing, you kind of want that in your WR for fantasy, but it can wear thin after awhile and especialy be an issue when skills start to erode.

He'll be 27 this upcoming season. Generally a prime year for WR's but the way WR's seem to work now is they got those prime years in the 26-28 range and seem to taking declines at around 30 so your window for prime years to sell is not a big one. I've beat this subject to death in other posts about WR's started to decline in the that 30-31 type of range and won't here, just what I've been noticing. Either way if the age reduction in his value has not already started, it's going to start and just pick up steam regardless of if his actual play declines.

This last thing you can consider a positive or negative howeever it suits you but I heard a podcast the other day with 3 good Eagles beat writers. One of those was from Josh Tolentino from the Inquirer who felt made the prediction that within a year of Devonta getting extended, which oddds are going to be this season, that AJB would no longer be a member of the Eagles.
AJB just has a contract where it makes zero sense for the Eagles to run him right now. But a year from now that changes I think

This is kinda why he called in to clear the air, lol. Except its not random guy from random message board not believing him, its literally local media just making up s*** to get clicks. To each their own, but if you don't believe a man at his word when he goes to this length to clear the air and bit to clear his name, nothing will convince these kind of folks. All good.

As far as "Do we sell AJ Brown now" I'd love to hear the precedent for trading a 26 year old WR coming off back to back 1400 yard seasons that also happens to have the Godfather of his child throwing him the ball (hint: there is no precedent)

Really glad AJ did this. WIP has been a troll Philly Radio stations for a very long time. Its kinda funny when a player turns the guns back on the guys usually firing the bullets. They had nothing for him haha.

AJB just has a contract where it makes zero sense for the Eagles to run him right now. But a year from now that changes I think

As far as "Do we sell AJ Brown now" I'd love to hear the precedent for trading a 26 year old WR coming off back to back 1400 yard seasons that also happens to have the Godfather of his child throwing him the ball (hint: there is no precedent)
The discussion was about "is he a sell now" in DYNASTY, not in real life football.

The discussion was about "is he a sell now" in DYNASTY, not in real life football.
Yeah. Its still a ludicrous line of thinking IMHO.

"I have a guy that is 26 that finished WR5 and WR4 in PPR the last 2 seasons, his best friend is his QB. He's never injured, but I believe personally he is a hot head diva, so....I think I should try to sell him"

Aight. You do you buddy.

"I have a guy that is 26 that finished WR5 and WR4 in PPR the last 2 seasons, his best friend is his QB. He's never injured, but I believe personally he is a hot head diva, so....I think I should try to sell him"

Aight. You do you buddy.
For accuracy sake the next time he plays in a game he's 27 so that's what he is to me and that's how I look at all players.

As I pointed out in my original reply to the question he is in his prime and maybe next year as well. But if he's not already hit an age reduction in trade value he will next year and then you got a situation where there is a good chance he's on a different team, which could be construed as good or bad depending where he goes.

I would just say I don't agree with your notion it's ludicrous to move early on him which as I said would be closer to moving a year to soon then a year to late. No one is saying he's a must sell here, that would be ludicrous.

The idea of moving a player in dynasty is not because they are no longer any good, it's moving them when the time is right before they decline or start losing value.

And as for not buying what he's selling I sure don't recall his sideline antics in games he was heavily targeted. I do recall his sideline antics in games they were winning though and he was not seeing the ball enough to his liking. So I'm going to just say we can agree to disagree on that, and really none of that matters to me for his fantasy outlook.

Aight. You do you buddy.
For accuracy sake the next time he plays in a game he's 27 so that's what he is to me and that's how I look at all players.

As I pointed out in my original reply to the question he is in his prime and maybe next year as well. But if he's not already hit an age reduction in trade value he will next year and then you got a situation where there is a good chance he's on a different team, which could be construed as good or bad depending where he goes.

I would just say I don't agree with your notion it's ludicrous to move early on him which as I said would be closer to moving a year to soon then a year to late. No one is saying he's a must sell here, that would be ludicrous.

The idea of moving a player in dynasty is not because they are no longer any good, it's moving them when the time is right before they decline or start losing value.

And as for not buying what he's selling I sure don't recall his sideline antics in games he was heavily targeted. I do recall his sideline antics in games they were winning though and he was not seeing the ball enough to his liking. So I'm going to just say we can agree to disagree on that, and really none of that matters to me for his fantasy outlook.
I get the logic here. I've always been a one in the hand guy vs 2 in the bush when it comes to this strategy.

Judging a player by antics or lack of antics is a personal choice though. TO had a 70/900/9 season his last year in the league at age 37. Calvin Johnson is 38 today and already in the HOF b/c he retired at age 30.

Aight. You do you buddy.
From a fantasy standpoint, I don't think it's ludicrous to at least start thinking about/discussing when to trade your players to maximize your value

Aight. You do you buddy.
From a fantasy standpoint, I don't think it's ludicrous to at least start thinking about/discussing when to trade your players to maximize your value
Yeah I mean, that is literally all of dynasty. People trade guys right after their rookie season b/c the offer for the guy was too good to pass up. Everyone has a price.

If this convo leads me to believe though, that I can somehow get AJ Brown at a discount this offseason b/c "He appears mad" I'm hitting up every owner.

Aight. You do you buddy.

Super flex league. I traded Brown, for Kupp, 1.04 and 2.09

The #Eagles have a formal meeting scheduled with Clemson LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr. at the NFL Scouting Combine, source tells @LibertyLinePHL.

The latest in the Eagles version of As The World Turns (or maybe All My Children):

From locker-room dissension to coaching malpractice to sideline shenanigans, the further removed from the late-season disaster the Eagles get, the more issues surface regarding the collapse.

Add this one to the list:

Sirianni and his staff played favorites. If you were a second-tier player or a recent addition, as the team staggered to its 1-6 finish, Sirianni and his assistants targeted you. But if you were Jalen Hurts, A.J. Brown, or one of the legacy stars, your miscues went unmentioned or were excused.

This information was offered unsolicited. I was asking an entirely different question.

When asked if Brown’s on-field conniptions and his two-week media blackout were affecting the team, an accomplished veteran player replied:

“I don’t know about that. But I will say it doesn’t help when they treat guys two different ways.”

With that, he nodded at Hurts’ empty locker.

What about Brown?

“Yeah. I guess some guys can’t do anything wrong.”

Eagles veterans say star players like quarterback Jalen Hurts and wide receiver A.J. Brown were treated differently by coaches.

The veteran told me this after the Eagles lost at home to the Cardinals on New Year’s Eve, and I was asked to keep it strictly off the record. However, as the discourse surrounding the Eagles’ collapse mushroomed into an apocalyptic event, the veteran this weekend said his assertion could be used, although without attribution. When contacted, another veteran not only supported the accusation, but also expanded.

If you were an offensive lineman — Jordan Mailata, Cam Jurgens, or Landon Dickerson — you got treated differently than if you were Jason Kelce or Lane Johnson. And heaven forbid you were a young defensive lineman, like Jordan Davis or Jalen Carter, who could do no right in the last two months, as opposed to Fletcher Cox or Brandon Graham, the former of whom disappeared in the latter part of the season and the latter of whom didn’t show up in the former part of the season.

At the time, this sounded like standard bellyaching from the proletariat — players unwilling to recognize the unspoken entitlement of $255 million quarterbacks and future Hall of Fame players. Now, though, as reports surface about deeper locker-room malignancy, these complaints, if not the root of the collapse, might at least have contributed to it.

The latest in the Eagles version of As The World Turns (or maybe All My Children):

From locker-room dissension to coaching malpractice to sideline shenanigans, the further removed from the late-season disaster the Eagles get, the more issues surface regarding the collapse.

Sirianni and his staff played favorites. If you were a second-tier player or a recent addition, as the team staggered to its 1-6 finish, Sirianni and his assistants targeted you. But if you were Jalen Hurts, A.J. Brown, or one of the legacy stars, your miscues went unmentioned or were excused.

This information was offered unsolicited. I was asking an entirely different question.

When asked if Brown’s on-field conniptions and his two-week media blackout were affecting the team, an accomplished veteran player replied:

“I don’t know about that. But I will say it doesn’t help when they treat guys two different ways.”

What about Brown?

Eagles veterans say star players like quarterback Jalen Hurts and wide receiver A.J. Brown were treated differently by coaches.

The veteran told me this after the Eagles lost at home to the Cardinals on New Year’s Eve, and I was asked to keep it strictly off the record. However, as the discourse surrounding the Eagles’ collapse mushroomed into an apocalyptic event, the veteran this weekend said his assertion could be used, although without attribution. When contacted, another veteran not only supported the accusation, but also expanded.

If you were an offensive lineman — Jordan Mailata, Cam Jurgens, or Landon Dickerson — you got treated differently than if you were Jason Kelce or Lane Johnson. And heaven forbid you were a young defensive lineman, like Jordan Davis or Jalen Carter, who could do no right in the last two months, as opposed to Fletcher Cox or Brandon Graham, the former of whom disappeared in the latter part of the season and the latter of whom didn’t show up in the former part of the season.

At the time, this sounded like standard bellyaching from the proletariat — players unwilling to recognize the unspoken entitlement of $255 million quarterbacks and future Hall of Fame players. Now, though, as reports surface about deeper locker-room malignancy, these complaints, if not the root of the collapse, might at least have contributed to it.
didn't click, but is this from Marcus Hayes? the guy has been trying to bury AJ Brown all year. He is literally trying to take the Howard Eskin baton and make a late surge of a career out of it.

ETA: lol, i did have to check. and of course it is from Hayes. I'm not too worried about it

What about Brown?

i mean cmon. star players on every team are treated different than the 3rd stringers. man this time of year sucks

What about Brown?

i mean cmon. star players on every team are treated different than the 3rd stringers. man this time of year sucks
It's why I completely check out until Free agency starts

What about Brown?

It's why I completely check out until Free agency starts

yeah i dont know why i even care right now.

My take on the importance of the report was that it sounded like some players were held accountable for their play and behavior on the field and others were not. I don't think this report is talking about some guys getting more time to rest, fewer practice reps, etc. It starts by saying that mistakes on the field were ignored or excused for some players and not others. That seems like something that's pretty serious, especially if it affects how players view each other. It also sounds similar to the problems that supposedly happened with Wentz, and we all know how that turned out. I don't want to see a repeat of that and I'm concerned whether Sirianni realizes that it's a problem, or whether he prefers to be friends with the players rather than a disciplinarian.

My take on the importance of the report was that it sounded like some players were held accountable for their play and behavior on the field and others were not. I don't think this report is talking about some guys getting more time to rest, fewer practice reps, etc. It starts by saying that mistakes on the field were ignored or excused for some players and not others. That seems like something that's pretty serious, especially if it affects how players view each other. It also sounds similar to the problems that supposedly happened with Wentz, and we all know how that turned out. I don't want to see a repeat of that and I'm concerned whether Sirianni realizes that it's a problem, or whether he prefers to be friends with the players rather than a disciplinarian.
My take on the importance of the report is who wrote it and how credible they are. Hayes has been shaky at best in his reporting recently, often times using "friend of a friend of a friend" type sources. I don't take much stock in it at all. Considering the way the vets kept backing Sirianni after the season.

What about Brown?

didn't click, but is this from Marcus Hayes? the guy has been trying to bury AJ Brown all year. He is literally trying to take the Howard Eskin baton and make a late surge of a career out of it.

ETA: lol, i did have to check. and of course it is from Hayes. I'm not too worried about it
Hayes has been ****ting on the Eagles for yrs now

Since it’s Hayes I’d take it with a grain of salt. Others reported I’d take it more. My issue though with many of the reports is many seem to not take them into consideration but with the old coach and QB it was let’s roast them no matter how untrue or sugar coated a report was or even complete ********.

im concerned about your coach being too aggressive often times making bonehead choices on 4th down

im concerned about your coach being too aggressive often times making bonehead choices on 4th down

I'm not a Detroit Lions fan, if you're talking about Campbell. I'm an Eagles fan.

Aight. You do you buddy.

There is no cap benefit to the Eagles trading AJB this year as they can only save $1.8M against the cap. Next year is when the trade possibilities become worth it because they can save $16M against the cap. Unless they get some offer that they can't refuse, he'll be here next year.

Aight. You do you buddy.

There is no cap benefit to the Eagles trading AJB this year as they can only save $1.8M against the cap. Next year is when the trade possibilities become worth it because they can save $16M against the cap. Unless they get some offer that they can't refuse, he'll be here next year.
God I hate the offseason. We have had like 4.5 good WR's over the course of 25 years, this is probably our best duo ever, and all I see is "The Eagles might trade Aj Brown"

Aight. You do you buddy.

God I hate the offseason. We have had like 4.5 good WR's over the course of 25 years, this is probably our best duo ever, and all I see is "The Eagles might trade Aj Brown"

what makes it worse is we have so many other real problems and this is totally not a problem and a waste of time

Aight. You do you buddy.

Yes thanks,the idea would be if the Eagles trade AJB it's not this year but in 2025 or later.

Aight. You do you buddy.

Yes thanks,the idea would be if the Eagles trade AJB it's not this year but in 2025 or later.

His cap hit goes to $26.5M in 2025 and $41.5M in 2026. AJB playing at those hits cap hits seem unlikely. For 2025 a restructure seems more likely than a trade. A trade (post-June 1) would save the Eagles $16M but would have a dead hit of $10M. A restructure would save the Eagles $10.7M and have a cap hit of $15.8M. Unless AJB is a malcontent, falls of a cliff production-wise this year or the Eagles are just using 2025 as a "clear the books" year, it probably makes sense to just keep him in 2025, too, unless they're getting a really good return.

If I'm the Eagles, I'm letting Reddick walk and going after Brian Burns. Just give me the 26 year old version of Reddick instead of the 30 year old version.

If I'm the Eagles, I'm letting Reddick walk and going after Brian Burns. Just give me the 26 year old version of Reddick instead of the 30 year old version.
Depends on compensatiion, all around.

What can Reddick get on the market?
What can we get for him assuming a team will pay him market value?
What is the market value for Burns?

I think we have other priorities to spend FA $$ on personally, if we are going for the high market value guys.

But at the same time if Josh Allen Bryce Huff and Brian Burns ALL hit free agency, we could get the guy that is 2nd/3rd highest paid.

Aight. You do you buddy.

His cap hit goes to $26.5M in 2025 and $41.5M in 2026. AJB playing at those hits cap hits seem unlikely. For 2025 a restructure seems more likely than a trade. A trade (post-June 1) would save the Eagles $16M but would have a dead hit of $10M. A restructure would save the Eagles $10.7M and have a cap hit of $15.8M. Unless AJB is a malcontent, falls of a cliff production-wise this year or the Eagles are just using 2025 as a "clear the books" year, it probably makes sense to just keep him in 2025, too, unless they're getting a really good return.
I have broke it down before and agree with you but I think the malcontent part might play a role because when Devonta gets extended he's probalby going to go past AJB who in turn won't be happy being the second highest paid WR on the team and will want his contract adjusted. Could be difficult with Jalens contract startign to shift upwards.

I could see it going in a few directions but I'll just repeat that it was Josh Tolentino(sp?) who was on a podcast last week and predicted that within a year of Devonta getting extended that AJB would no longer be an Eagle.

But agian I could see it going a lot of different ways and if they falter again this year we are probably talking about a new HC and that can have all kinds of changes coming. or they are a success and they try really hard to keep the band together. TBD but from a pure contract angle I agree with your breakdown.

Aight. You do you buddy.

I have broke it down before and agree with you but I think the malcontent part might play a role because when Devonta gets extended he's probalby going to go past AJB who in turn won't be happy being the second highest paid WR on the team and will want his contract adjusted. Could be difficult with Jalens contract startign to shift upwards.

I could see it going in a few directions but I'll just repeat that it was Josh Tolentino(sp?) who was on a podcast last week and predicted that within a year of Devonta getting extended that AJB would no longer be an Eagle.

But agian I could see it going a lot of different ways and if they falter again this year we are probably talking about a new HC and that can have all kinds of changes coming. or they are a success and they try really hard to keep the band together. TBD but from a pure contract angle I agree with your breakdown.
The bolded is your opinion right? These guys are teammates and seem to be friends. You might be right, but everything eventually works out in time. They *should* know how this game works by now, the timing of contracts, etc.

People make all kinds of predictions all the time. I don't take that stuff too seriously.

As far as team success goes - 30% turnover happens every off season with every team. Might happen, might not happen. I think everything around AJB right now though is a lot of hot air considering the most important fact:

He literally called into a radio station and said "I want to be here."

People/media/personalities seem to just brush over this fact and keep marching to their own "AJB might be gone this year, next year, down the road" sort of internal narrative though.

If the eagles don’t draft Jeremiah trotter Jr, I will burn all of the jerseys that exist

Than we’d have 2 Nakobe Dean’s, what could possibly go wrong?!

Hayes has been ****ting on the Eagles for yrs now

Hayes is a 1000% a hack and full of ****.
I thought the same thing about Trotter and Nakobe. But I, admittedly, don’t know squat about college prospects. I don’t really know anything about pros, either. But, I pay attention, so I think I know something.

Between the NFL's historic cap increase and the projected moves coming soon, the Eagles should have something like $50-60 million in free cap space this year. Expect them to go hard after a number of Defensive free agents.

I'm not a Detroit Lions fan, if you're talking about Campbell. I'm an Eagles fan.
:lmao:

Good for you @roar_lions

Eagles allegedly have interest in CJ Gardner Johnson

Would be ALL for this. Super deep Safety free agent class mixed with a player that has been waiting for a "big" payday for like 3 years. Toss him 4 years/$40M it might be enough (or even less honestly). Still young at 26, turning 27 in December. Playmaker. Dog. Maybe he and Jalen Carter can get together and build a social media Threat Presence for the opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread