What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - Howie is like a bottle of Tylenol: Tamper-resistant! (13 Viewers)

With the Lions making the NFC title game this year, that means since 1996, only two NFC teams have not made the conference championship game: The Commanders and the Cowboys.

An interesting view specifically to the NFC East, in that time:

PHL/NYG - 15 NFC Divisional appearances, 10 NFC Championship appearances, 6 Super Bowl appearances, 3 Super Bowl victories.

DAL/WSH - 8 NFC Divisional appearances, 0 NFC Championship appearances, 0 Super Bowl appearances, 0 Super Bowl victories.

After seeing a few of their fans completely sell out and jump off the bandwagon mid game while the team was only down by 4 points, I tend to agree with you.

They did that last year, too, and I called them the worst thread on the board.

They got all butthurt.

They are. It's the worst thread on the board.
Its basically one dude who posts stats and DVOA bs to himself, telling himself how amazing Brock Purdy is. Every 15th post by him, the one other guy says something. Then he yells at anyone who posts in the thread that isn't a fan, calling it "weird". Then he comes into the Eagles thread and does the exact same thing. Then he blocks anyone that points it out.

Good times.

After seeing a few of their fans completely sell out and jump off the bandwagon mid game while the team was only down by 4 points, I tend to agree with you.

They got all butthurt.

Its basically one dude who posts stats and DVOA bs to himself, telling himself how amazing Brock Purdy is. Every 15th post by him, the one other guy says something. Then he yells at anyone who posts in the thread that isn't a fan, calling it "weird". Then he comes into the Eagles thread and does the exact same thing. Then he blocks anyone that points it out.

Good times.
I blocked said dude after his meltdown after last year’s NFCCG, so I can’t even see the 49ers thread anymore. :laugh:

Jeffrey Lurie on Ron Rivera in 2020: "He's a family member of ours. Stephanie and my wife play golf together, and Ron is somebody I really respect... He's a high-quality person in every sense of the word..."
I'd be so down with this. Yes, Washington's defense was horrible, but he wasn't the DC for the first half of the year, and the talent was awful there. I think maybe a change of scenery/refresh/no HC responsibilities would be awesome for him. Sign me up.

Jeffrey Lurie on Ron Rivera in 2020: "He's a family member of ours. Stephanie and my wife play golf together, and Ron is somebody I really respect... He's a high-quality person in every sense of the word..."

I like it. He's not perfect but is light years better than what we had this year. Now please get a good oc and we good

I like it. He's not perfect but is light years better than what we had this year. Now please get a good oc and we good
I feel like at a minimum he can focus on fundamentals like tackling and coverage.

At the moment I see zero downside for someone like Rivera for our current situation. We need a veteran coach, who can assemble a staff and teach these young guys the right way on that side of the ball. I’m sure not being a HC will help him focus as a DC. He reads like a lot of the “failed” HC’s who could be good/great DC’s and stick around for years.

As a Washington fan I hope they hire him. But you all are Eagles fans and it's best that they don't hire him. He's shown no aptitude for coaching defense during his time in Washington.

This sounds like a bit of recency bias here. He was HC of WAS for 4 years.

Defense rankings (yards, points)
Year 1: 2nd, 4th
Year 2: 22nd, 25th
Year 3: 3rd, 7th
Year 4: 32nd, 32nd

The wheels kind of fell off this season for his defense.

I noticed throughout his career he's taken bad defenses and made them better. His impact, however isn't felt in the first year. I didn't do a deep dive, but my guess is that he comes in, installs his systems and then gets rid of guys who can't play for him so it takes a year to get the ship righted.

As a Washington fan I hope they hire him. But you all are Eagles fans and it's best that they don't hire him. He's shown no aptitude for coaching defense during his time in Washington.

This sounds like a bit of recency bias here. He was HC of WAS for 4 years.

Defense rankings (yards, points)
Year 1: 2nd, 4th
Year 2: 22nd, 25th
Year 3: 3rd, 7th
Year 4: 32nd, 32nd

The wheels kind of fell off this season for his defense.

I noticed throughout his career he's taken bad defenses and made them better. His impact, however isn't felt in the first year. I didn't do a deep dive, but my guess is that he comes in, installs his systems and then gets rid of guys who can't play for him so it takes a year to get the ship righted.
And I haven’t followed them a ton this year but weren’t they essentially tanking anyway?

They got all butthurt.

Well I don’t know about last year but in fairness I only noticed it with 2 of the posters. And one of them has acknowledged that he was drunk, high and stupid. But yeah I’m rooting harder for Detroit than I have in my life.

They got all butthurt.

Well I don’t know about last year but in fairness I only noticed it with 2 of the posters. And one of them has acknowledged that he was drunk, high and stupid. But yeah I’m rooting harder for Detroit than I have in my life.

Same two posters. I'm kidding when I call it the "worst on the board." I like the guy that got drunk, high, and stupid. I have no problem with them.

Nor this thread.

They got all butthurt.

Same two posters. I'm kidding when I call it the "worst on the board." I like the guy that got drunk, high, and stupid. I have no problem with them.

Nor this thread.
Drunk, high and stupid. Purple drank and turpentine?

Are we doing this all over again?

REPORT: Sources close to and around the team say Jalen Hurts should have been a better leader this season and at times was described as “detached”, “stoic”, “isolated”, and “unapproachable”, says @JSantoliquito of @BleedingGreen.

A source on the Eagles described Jalen Hurts as a “good dude” who sometimes doesn’t realize when he’s acting like a prime-donna “expletive” [jerk]. Multiple sources close to and inside the Eagles confirmed this.

This is now multiple different reports coming out about Jalen Hurts leadership.

Last edited:

REPORT: Sources close to and around the team say Jalen Hurts should have been a better leader this season and at times was described as “detached”, “stoic”, “isolated”, and “unapproachable”, says @JSantoliquito of @BleedingGreen.

A source on the Eagles described Jalen Hurts as a “good dude” who sometimes doesn’t realize when he’s acting like a prime-donna “expletive” [jerk]. Multiple sources close to and inside the Eagles confirmed this.

Note the dates and author

I'm sure the answer is to bring wentz back

Lol. All these guys have their thing and this is his. Haff of his article doesn’t really even make sense as some point out in the comments too.

If this were the case, how would you explain 2022 when the Eagles dominated the season and lost by a bad call in the Super Bowl?

If this were the case, how would you explain 2022 when the Eagles dominated the season and lost by a bad call in the Super Bowl?
Wentz has a great year too once 🤷🏻‍♂️

The article does say some felt he "changed" after he got paid.

I've heard Daniel Jeremiah say about him before that he's heard he's all business. That he does not like to make small talk, not one to engage in banter, comes into work every day with a briefcase ready for business. Which to me sounds like a good thing but maybe it comes across differently to some, maybe not as being "one of the guys" and now that he's been paid and become a big star what was once considered harmless aloofness now comes across as stuck up. All just speculation on my part, but the reporting seemed plausible to me especially because it made a point to say no one was saying he was a bad guy.

As a somewhat related note I wondered what Goedert was all fired up about with him during the Tampa game and what I was thinking at the time was that he was frustrated with Hurts apparent lack of emotion/fire during the game and when I read this article it makes me think of it even more. That's not even speculation on my part so much as pure guess, just could not think Goedert was that fired up over not getting the ball and could not figure out what had some heavily agitated, even if he later denied it.

I think Wentz could have been a great one but he played like a maniac and the injuries just wrecked him. The Goff/Wentz debates brings back memories. I guess the Rams made the right choice after all.

I think Wentz could have been a great one but he played like a maniac and the injuries just wrecked him. The Goff/Wentz debates brings back memories. I guess the Rams made the right choice after all.

Both were pretty good picks looking back on it
Esp compared to some qb busts

Yeah I was gonna type the author seems to have issues with our QBs and leadership

Lol. All these guys have their thing and this is his. Haff of his article doesn’t really even make sense as some point out in the comments too.

He says like 3 bad things then follows them up with 10 good things. Did it with coaching staff too.

The article does say some felt he "changed" after he got paid.

I've heard Daniel Jeremiah say about him before that he's heard he's all business. That he does not like to make small talk, not one to engage in banter, comes into work every day with a briefcase ready for business. Which to me sounds like a good thing but maybe it comes across differently to some, maybe not as being "one of the guys" and now that he's been paid and become a big star what was once considered harmless aloofness now comes across as stuck up. All just speculation on my part, but the reporting seemed plausible to me especially because it made a point to say no one was saying he was a bad guy.

As a somewhat related note I wondered what Goedert was all fired up about with him during the Tampa game and what I was thinking at the time was that he was frustrated with Hurts apparent lack of emotion/fire during the game and when I read this article it makes me think of it even more. That's not even speculation on my part so much as pure guess, just could not think Goedert was that fired up over not getting the ball and could not figure out what had some heavily agitated, even if he later denied it.
I mean he brought up a good example how during giants and TB games he got cheap shot and not one offensively player rescued him. Stuff like that is telling.

And I’ve noticed with many athletes who change agency to clutch they tend to change as people personalities too. I’m a huge bulls fan and Zach lavine is now with them. A lot of bulls fans in Chai have noticed a change since then from him. Hurts did do a few marketing appearances and stuff. And article says players wanted to invite him over and stuff and he kind of just came off as a bad look. He has time to market himself but not to spend quality time with teammates?

I don’t even hear about him do anything with his Recievers in the offseason. Our last guy took them out in the offseason at least. Maybe hurts does and just doesn’t advertise it but surely one of his teammates would’ve spilled tbose beans.

A lot of the article sounds bs but I don’t think we should also just throw the article out. Some of the stuff he did write about Wentz was true even if the truth was stretched and or sugarcoated a lot. And again this is like the 4th or 5th article now coming out on Hurts personality being an issue leadership. Do something might be there. Not saying it is but we should keep track of this

I mean I still think we win with Wentz. Just think a lot of other stuff wasn’t great. Wentz was a bit of the problem but I think he was just the tip of issues inside many of us weren’t privy too

Both were pretty good picks looking back on it
Esp compared to some qb busts
I mean both teams won SBs and got something for both.

Wade Phillips was a terrible head coach but a great DC. Not saying Rivera will be the same but former HC returning to DC seems to work out more often than not.
He never lost the locker room, in either city. That says a lot.
For most of his Washington tenure I'd agree. But the team, most noticeably the defense, quit on the field during the latter part of this season. When a team quits playing hard, they're at least partly quitting on the coach. Nobody badmouthed him in public, he retained that much loyalty from players. But the play on the field is something he was responsible for, especially after firing del Rio and taking over coaching the defense by himself.

Users who are viewing this thread