What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - Philly is now a CORNERback factory! (14 Viewers)

The only reason a Reddick deal is taking so long is Hasaan over valueing himself. I'm certain the Eagles want him for at least the next 2 seasons and are probably offering a decent bump in salary for it. Reddick is probably asking way above market or he wants extra years that the team doesn't feel comfortable doing when he's 30+.

I think Reddick is here no matter what even if he's unhappy but the Eagles most likely get something done with him before the season. Wouldn't be surprised if Reddick holds out up to week 1.

The only reason a Reddick deal is taking so long is Hasaan over valueing himself. I'm certain the Eagles want him for at least the next 2 seasons and are probably offering a decent bump in salary for it. Reddick is probably asking way above market or he wants extra years that the team doesn't feel comfortable doing when he's 30+.

I think Reddick is here no matter what even if he's unhappy but the Eagles most likely get something done with him before the season. Wouldn't be surprised if Reddick holds out up to week 1.
I don't think that is the case. He's definitely worth more than his current contract and a guy that he is measuring himself against is probably what he is looking for:

Danielle Hunter: 35 days younger than Reddick, 26.5 sacks the last 2 seasons, new contract: 2 years, $49M, $48M gtd

Reddick: Currently on a 3 year $45M deal, has 27 sacks the last 2 seasons.

I do think Howie either judged the market rate for edge rushers as far as salary or the market value for Reddick in a trade

I don't think that is the case. He's definitely worth more than his current contract and a guy that he is measuring himself against is probably what he is looking for:

Danielle Hunter: 35 days younger than Reddick, 26.5 sacks the last 2 seasons, new contract: 2 years, $49M, $48M gtd

I do think Howie either judged the market rate for edge rushers as far as salary or the market value for Reddick in a trade
I think he's looking at Chris Jones and thinking he is almost as good as him and the same age so he should get that contract. That's a miscalculation on his part if he wants to go there.

I think he's looking at Chris Jones and thinking he is almost as good as him and the same age so he should get that contract. That's a miscalculation on his part if he wants to go there.
I mean, either way, Chris Jones, Danielle Hunter, for the current market and his production, I can see why he would want a new deal.

And Howie should get it done. 2 years $45-50M should be able to close the deal.

And, to be clear, Chris Jones is now the best DT in all of football. He ain't close to his status, nor should he think he is.

I mean, either way, Chris Jones, Danielle Hunter, for the current market and his production, I can see why he would want a new deal.

And Howie should get it done. 2 years $45-50M should be able to close the deal.

And, to be clear, Chris Jones is now the best DT in all of football. He ain't close to his status, nor should he think he is.
He shouldn't but guys aren't always reasonable when they evaluate themselves.

Bottom line Reddick is not going anywhere unless someone gives a 1 or high 2. If they keep him and he's a FA next year, we'll get a 3rd as a comp pick. They will make him play even if he's unhappy.

Danielle Hunter (2023)
1006 snaps
16.5 sacks
54 solo tackles
29 ast tackles
23 TFL
22 QB hits
4 Forced fumbles
2 PDs

Haason Reddick (2023)
862 snaps
11.0 sacks
29 solo tackles
9 ast tackles
13 TFL
23 QB hits
0 Forced fumbles
1 PDs

I am actually surprised at how far apart Reddick is to Danielle Hunter in terms of production.

Danielle Hunter (2023)
1006 snaps
16.5 sacks
54 solo tackles
29 ast tackles
23 TFL
22 QB hits
4 Forced fumbles
2 PDs

Haason Reddick (2023)
862 snaps
11.0 sacks
29 solo tackles
9 ast tackles
13 TFL
23 QB hits
0 Forced fumbles
1 PDs

I am actually surprised at how far apart Reddick is to Danielle Hunter in terms of production.
Yeah, I mean that is the other side of it - Reddick is NOT the edge setting/run stopper that you would want him to be. I guess we will see what happens, but if its Huff/Sweat/Nolan Smith as the primary guys this year, its gonna be....different...

Danielle Hunter (2023)
1006 snaps
16.5 sacks
54 solo tackles
29 ast tackles
23 TFL
22 QB hits
4 Forced fumbles
2 PDs

Haason Reddick (2023)
862 snaps
11.0 sacks
29 solo tackles
9 ast tackles
13 TFL
23 QB hits
0 Forced fumbles
1 PDs

Yeah, I mean that is the other side of it - Reddick is NOT the edge setting/run stopper that you would want him to be. I guess we will see what happens, but if its Huff/Sweat/Nolan Smith as the primary guys this year, its gonna be....different...

yeah but am i only one that noticed reddick would disappear for big stretches of ALOT of games. hes a nice player but hes not as good as he probably thinks he is

Danielle Hunter (2023)
1006 snaps
16.5 sacks
54 solo tackles
29 ast tackles
23 TFL
22 QB hits
4 Forced fumbles
2 PDs

Haason Reddick (2023)
862 snaps
11.0 sacks
29 solo tackles
9 ast tackles
13 TFL
23 QB hits
0 Forced fumbles
1 PDs

yeah but am i only one that noticed reddick would disappear for big stretches of ALOT of games. hes a nice player but hes not as good as he probably thinks he is
That's all this is right now. Eagles want Reddick but they have a price point they think he's worth. Reddick sees himself worth way more than that. The rest is negotiating down to where they both can live with. Need Reddick to come down from his high first though. As the season gets closer, I think he will take the guaranteed money if a new deal over a 1 time $15m season check and then try again next year in FA. That's just my opinion though.

Danielle Hunter (2023)
1006 snaps
16.5 sacks
54 solo tackles
29 ast tackles
23 TFL
22 QB hits
4 Forced fumbles
2 PDs

Haason Reddick (2023)
862 snaps
11.0 sacks
29 solo tackles
9 ast tackles
13 TFL
23 QB hits
0 Forced fumbles
1 PDs

That's all this is right now. Eagles want Reddick but they have a price point they think he's worth. Reddick sees himself worth way more than that. The rest is negotiating down to where they both can live with. Need Reddick to come down from his high first though. As the season gets closer, I think he will take the guaranteed money if a new deal over a 1 time $15m season check and then try again next year in FA. That's just my opinion though.

how old is he? like 30? he prob thinking this might be his last really good payday

Danielle Hunter (2023)
1006 snaps
16.5 sacks
54 solo tackles
29 ast tackles
23 TFL
22 QB hits
4 Forced fumbles
2 PDs

Haason Reddick (2023)
862 snaps
11.0 sacks
29 solo tackles
9 ast tackles
13 TFL
23 QB hits
0 Forced fumbles
1 PDs

how old is he? like 30? he prob thinking this might be his last really good payday
Absolutely. Which is why I don't blame him for holding out if he does. But eventually he's going to have to come down.

#Eagles signing CB Tyler Hall, 25, a former UDFA of the Falcons in 2020 who spent the last 3 years with Raiders. In 31 games (6 starts) most of his snaps have come in the slot. He was also a teammate of former Eagles safety Marcus Epps at Wyoming.

First thing Saquon Barkley's daughter said when he told her he was going to the Eagles:

"Does that mean we're going to win now?"
Kid must not have been watching when her dad had 100/2 and beat the eagles with cutlets at qb a few months ago
Ah yes, during a *checks notes* 6-11 season on a team that has one of the worst records in the past decade and gone 3-10 against the Eagles during his career. I know trolls gonna troll, but try harder.

Eagles sign Kellen Moore: Cowboys fans rush in here saying how awful he was/is and that it was a bad move.
Eagles sign Saquon Barkley: Giants fans rush in here saying how awful he was/is and that it was a bad move.
Eagles sign Devin White: Bucs fans rush in here saying how awful he was/is and that it was a bad move.
Eagles get Kenny Pickett: Steelers fans rush in here saying how awful he was/is and that it was a bad move.

It's wild lol.
Granted, these were/are all bad moves.

Opeta to TB
Can you guys tell a Buc fan anything about him?
Opeta- nutshell

He’s a guy. He is solid enough to play as a back-up for a couple games. Not a starter. Better in pass pro than run.
agreed. assuming tampa didn't pay much for him, it's a decent signing for depth. about as generic of an interior lineman as you can get. if they are planning to start him, i wouldn't get my hopes up.

Eagles signed Parris Campbell.

I remember at the time of the 2019 draft when it was reported the team went back and forth on whether to take JJAW or Campbell. Meanwhile, D.K. Metcalf went a few picks after both of them. :lmao:

ETA: Just took a look at that draft and saw Terry McLaurin also went after our JJAW pick. Bad use of the pick and bad player.

NFL executive Troy Vincent reiterates that it was best to leave the “tush push” alone and not present a proposal to ban it. Jeff Miller says there isn’t enough injury data.
“The #Eagles do it well,” Vincent said.

They probably think with Kelce gone it won’t be as successful

Eagles are signing former Cowboys and Patriots QB Will Grier to a one-year deal, per sources. In the past week, the Eagles now have added QBs Kenny Pickett and Greer.

Grier was suppose to be the next Future UF QB until he was suspended for a tainted drug sample. Dad got in the way but most at UF believe former coach Jim McElwain drove Grier off. Transferred to West Virginia but went undrafted has played in Car I believe too. Strong arm but not much else though he’s fairly mobile.

Appearing on SportsCenter on Saturday morning, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported the expectation around the NFL is Reddick will eventually be traded, with the Arizona Cardinals and Atlanta Falcons cited as potential landing spots:
"The expectation leaguewide is that he is moved at some point. The Eagles went and spent on Bryce Huff, they re-signed Josh Sweat, so they have their two pass rushers. Reddick appears to be the odd man out. He does want a new deal, but this is a premier guy that should have value. He wants a new contract, plus the draft capital that it's going to take to get him. Arizona could be a team to watch because Jonathan Gannon was with him two years ago in Philly. They had good production together. Arizona needs pass rushers. Atlanta to an extent, so there should be teams in the mix."

Even coming off a down year statistically, Reddick is probably underpaid given the market for pass rushers. Probably his last chance at a significant contract, and there are still several teams out there with cap dollars to spend. I fully expect he will be dealt. Howie is certainly capable of pulling a rabbit out of his hat, but he will have some pricey extensions to make soon.

I haven't heard any rumblings about the Eagles looking at tight ends in free agency or the pre-draft process. I know they re-signed Albert O, but he could barely get on the field last year. Is he expected to replace Jack Stoll? Draft looks pretty weak at TE, but maybe they won't need more than a Day 3 pick to replicate Stoll's blocking prowess. I recall seeing several journeyman TEs signing during the initial wave, but I'm surprised to see Logan Thomas still available.

Slow off-season spot for the NFL, so I was checking out some Super Bowl stuff. Curious as to what Eagles fans would have thought if we had a goof like Kittle on the team, and he did a play like this:

I am not sure I could ever root for the guy again if he was an Eagle, strange how it seems that it seems like an "oh that is just George" thing for 49ers and it is ok

Slow off-season spot for the NFL, so I was checking out some Super Bowl stuff. Curious as to what Eagles fans would have thought if we had a goof like Kittle on the team, and he did a play like this:

I am not sure I could ever root for the guy again if he was an Eagle, strange how it seems that it seems like an "oh that is just George" thing for 49ers and it is ok

Not only that but he was a major no show all game.

Quez Watkins is signing with the Steelers.

Will always remember the 91 yard reception that still wasn't a touchdown. Thanks for the memories Quez!

Let’s be fair and I try to keep my 76ers dislike to a minimum with the Eagles but Joel constantly clowns and 76ers fans pass it off that it’s just Joel having fun.

Little didn’t cost the team the game Shanahan did.

Howie Roseman on Zack Baun, who was a "targeted" player for the Eagles at the start of free agency: "Vic (Fangio), when he went to Miami last year, had a player with a similar skill set that hadn't really ascended yet. ...You saw that guy in Vic's defense, has the ability to play off the ball, has the ability to play on the edge, has these tools in his body, really ascend under Vic. We think Zack's a versatile player who can rush from the edge, can play off the ball, tremendous special teams player. We were excited — he was a targeted guy for us."

(Howie won't name the player comparison because he's on a different team, but it's Andrew Van Ginkel. Both Baun and Van Ginkel played the same role at Wisconsin, too.)

"Bryce, elite, elite pass rusher. He closes games. People want to say that all he does is rush the passer but all Mariano Rivera did was close 9th innings. So he’s a pretty darn good pass rusher and he’s going to be good for Philadelphia." -- Jets HC Robert Saleh on Bryce Huff

Re: Oren Burks — He's someone the Eagles liked at the start of free agency and when they looked at the list one week in, Burks was hanging around. Eagles wanted to address LB this offseason, and saw a former STs captain who has played meaningful defensive snaps.

Howie Roseman on the idea that the Eagles missed C.J. Gardner-Johnson's mentality/personality: “That would be accurate to say: We were looking to gain our swagger and mentality back. Obviously what happened at the end of the year didn’t feel good, wasn’t acceptable for any of us. You get players who can bring that and have that motivation and that mentality.”

Howie Roseman on Zack Baun, who was a "targeted" player for the Eagles at the start of free agency: "Vic (Fangio), when he went to Miami last year, had a player with a similar skill set that hadn't really ascended yet. ...You saw that guy in Vic's defense, has the ability to play off the ball, has the ability to play on the edge, has these tools in his body, really ascend under Vic. We think Zack's a versatile player who can rush from the edge, can play off the ball, tremendous special teams player. We were excited — he was a targeted guy for us."

(Howie won't name the player comparison because he's on a different team, but it's Andrew Van Ginkel. Both Baun and Van Ginkel played the same role at Wisconsin, too.)
I was a big fan of Baun when he was at Wisconsin

Users who are viewing this thread