What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - 30 years ago, from the makers of V.I. Warshawski (6 Viewers)

Picks remaining:

Round 3 pick 14
Round 4 pick 20
Round 5 picks 17, 36 and 37
Round 6 pick 34

Updated

Round 3 pick 22
Round 4 picks 20 & 23
Round 6 pick 34

Updated

Round 3 pick 31
Round 4 picks 20, 23 & 32
Round 6 pick 34
Yea CBS shows 152 as Washington
Hmm, well actually the eagles got 78 and 152 (5.17) along with 40 and gave up 161 (5.26) with 50 and 53. So they should still have 36 and 37 plus 17 in round 5.

Picks remaining:

Round 3 pick 14
Round 4 pick 20
Round 6 pick 34

Updated

Round 3 pick 22
Round 4 picks 20 & 23
Round 6 pick 34

Updated

Round 3 pick 31
Round 6 pick 34
Are you sure they have 3 picks in the 5th still?
That’s what I see on nfl.com and Twitter 🤷‍♂️

Eagles take Jalyx Hunt.

A big-time riser in the draft process, the 6-foot-4, 252-pound edge rusher from Houston Christian is a converted safety.

Picks remaining:

Round 3 pick 14
Round 4 pick 20
Round 6 pick 34

Updated

Round 3 pick 22
Round 4 picks 20 & 23
Round 6 pick 34

Updated

Round 3 pick 31
Round 6 pick 34
Are you sure they have 3 picks in the 5th still?
That’s what I see on nfl.com and Twitter 🤷‍♂️
Yea not sure what CBS is doing. I'll go by NFL.com

Devonta Smith extended 3 years/$75M. Howie is always first to market, while the other GMs/Owner Gms wait hoping for some silly discount when the market never stops going up up up.
This is great ld comment sooner but I was sent to the corner 2 weeks ago over some BS in another thread. So happy we have Devonta

They can always extend one of them later if they want but it's kind of wild to me that in 2029 both Hurts and Devonta will count over $130m against the cap even with none of them currently slated to be on the team that year.

I applaud the aggressive "win now', "pay later" approach and if the cap keeps going up may not be so horrendous, at least not for more then one a one year setback. Just never seen a team structure two contracts to have that much dead money the same year.
That's the Howie strategy. It'll never get that far. He keeps restructuring to give guys more guaranteed money up front in later years to lower the cap hit.
The Eagles can afford it that way while I’ve heard other teams can’t or won’t. Lurie is ok digging into his own pockets for the bonus money. Fans always wonder why can’t other teams be like the Eagles? Either they don’t have the money up front or being cheap. We should be very happy Lurie is our owner.

They can always extend one of them later if they want but it's kind of wild to me that in 2029 both Hurts and Devonta will count over $130m against the cap even with none of them currently slated to be on the team that year.

I applaud the aggressive "win now', "pay later" approach and if the cap keeps going up may not be so horrendous, at least not for more then one a one year setback. Just never seen a team structure two contracts to have that much dead money the same year.
That's the Howie strategy. It'll never get that far. He keeps restructuring to give guys more guaranteed money up front in later years to lower the cap hit.
When you say "it won't get that far" what do you mean exactly?

There is nothing he can really restructure on Hurts or Devonta's contracts, their base is about as low as it gets. Obviously he can restructure other players contracts as most teams do but I don't know any team that has had any players on the books with remotely that much of a cap hit for years they won't even be on the team. Most teams kick the can on salary cap money, just never seen it kicked like this.
He can add more years to the end and give them up front money in a new signing bonus and then lower the cap hits by pushing it out further.
What happens if they don’t want to re sign? Or if the team doesn’t want to re sign them?
We're not the Cowboys. Our players want to re-sign here.
This is pretty obvious, with the team friendly deals our players keep signing. Meanwhile Dallas already has players disgruntled about their contracts and missing offseason events...already.

Its just a world of difference in philosophies when it comes to contracts. I read a report somewhere that Dallas is pretty much dead last in the league in "cash spent" over the last decade. This is according to their own guys Blogging the Boys. Jeffrey just isn't cheap like Jerry, which is weird, considering how rich Jerry is, how much the Cowboys are worth etc.

The Eagles just do it the right way, they extend guys early, they don't use the franchise tag, they don't have reverse mirrors in the locker room so fans can take tours while the players workout like its a human zoo, etc...
To be fair to Jerry he’s using that money to pay off his affairs with different women. I think I read this a few yrs ago that it’s not he has the money but priorities are keeping his affairs with certain females hush hush rather then on the team. When it comes to value Dallas is up with with Real Madrid and some soccer clubs as most valueable in the world

With the 5th year option being included, the Smith contract is 4 years/$90M. A bargain, considering we paid A.J. 4/$100M a couple years ago.

Once new deals get done for Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb, Ja'Marr Chase, Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins, Amon-Ra St. Brown, etc., it will be a steal.
ARSB got 4 years for $120M, $77M guaranteed. Don’t know how it’s structured, but love watching Howie make magic.
From what I saw he probably doesn’t see the end of that deal way it’s structured

Don't like it. Both bama guys better than this guy
Bill Bellichik was on the CBS pod and wasn’t really a big fan of Arnold when he was picked by Det. Also read for what Fangio asks of his CBS Savannah didn’t ask his to do so but Saban did say he was wanting Mitchell if he got to the transfer pool

Eagles take Jalyx Hunt.

A big-time riser in the draft process, the 6-foot-4, 252-pound edge rusher from Houston Christian is a converted safety.
Danial Jeremiah said this was Fangios favorite and wanted to work with him. So a gift from Howie to his new DC. Hunt seems like an Isiah Simmons type athletic cab move around the line and was a former safety. He can disguise his blitz’s well. Hybrid type on Defebse teams are looking for. If he produced likes this at a better school he’d have been a 1st rounder

Eagles take Jalyx Hunt.

Danial Jeremiah said this was Fangios favorite and wanted to work with him. So a gift from Howie to his new DC. Hunt seems like an Isiah Simmons type athletic cab move around the line and was a former safety. He can disguise his blitz’s well. Hybrid type on Defebse teams are looking for. If he produced likes this at a better school he’d have been a 1st rounder

I’m glad he got Fangio one of “his guys” but this could be a Chris Gocong really quick. Really have to hope he shows well early and makes the team. I love the idea of taking a developmental Edge in the 3rd though.

Wheeling and dealing: Eagles traded picks No. 132 and No. 210 to the Detroit Lions for picks No. 164, No. 201, and a 2025 4th-round pick.

Eagles now have added extra 2025 third-, fourth- and fifth-round picks alone today.

Howie is really in his element on draft day. Still got a bunch of picks to take, used 1/2/3/4 on players yet still added 2025 3rd/4th/5th rounders.

Still want Slot WR, LB, OG lets see how it plays out

Howie is really in his element on draft day. Still got a bunch of picks to take, used 1/2/3/4 on players yet still added 2025 3rd/4th/5th rounders.

Still want Slot WR, LB, OG lets see how it plays out
They also took some extra picks in case they lose one for Barkley

Users who are viewing this thread