What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

23-24 bye weeks (1 Viewer)

scottybo

Footballguy
5 - Cleveland, LA Chargers, Tampa Bay, Seattle
6 - Pittsburgh, Green Bay
7 - NY Jets, Cincinatti, Houston, Tennessee, Dallas, Carolina
8 -
9 - Jacksonville, Denver, Detroit, San Francisco
10 - Miami, Kansas City. Philadelphia, LA Rams
11 - New England, Indianapolis, Atlanta, New Orleans
12 -
13 - Buffalo, Baltimore, Las Vegas, NY Giants, Chicago, Minnesota
14 - Washington, Arizona

I rant about this every year but this year was doubly stupid the NFL has never just not had byes in the middle of the year.
So bye skipping week 8 it gave us that nightmare week 13 FFPC nightmare

I rant about this every year but this year was doubly stupid the NFL has never just not had byes in the middle of the year.
Totally agree. What is the reason for no byes in week 8?

I assume week 12 is Thanksgiving. I don't agree with it, but I understand why the money hungry billionaires don't want byes that week.

Week 14 byes really suck for those of us in big FF leagues, where playoffs start that week. Really wish they'd move those two games and 2-4 from week 13 to weeks 8 and 12.

At least Wk 14 is usable as a playoff week this season. Only 2 teams on bye isn't as bad as last season. Not mention it's Washington and Arizona...not really top tier talent in the positions.

5 - Cleveland, LA Chargers, Tampa Bay, Seattle
6 - Pittsburgh, Green Bay
7 - NY Jets, Cincinatti, Houston, Tennessee, Dallas, Carolina
8 -
9 - Jacksonville, Denver, Detroit, San Francisco
10 - Miami, Kansas City. Philadelphia, LA Rams
11 - New England, Indianapolis, Atlanta, New Orleans
12 -
13 - Buffalo, Baltimore, Las Vegas, NY Giants, Chicago, Minnesota
14 - Washington, Arizona
Really weird no byes week 8 or 12

At least Wk 14 is usable as a playoff week this season. Only 2 teams on bye isn't as bad as last season. Not mention it's Washington and Arizona...not really top tier talent in the positions.
again this is why no one should use week `14. Just get rid of it and don't worry about the schedule every year.

Good news is I don't anticipate many Arizona players on playoff rosters

again this is why no one should use week `14. Just get rid of it and don't worry about the schedule every year.
Would love to see a better playoff format in large leagues without limiting the playoffs to 6 or 8 teams (32 team league)

Probably the first week after the world series
not following?
You asked why there's no bye weeks week 8 and 12

They probably want to bring in as many fans as possible the week after the world series ends and Thanksgiving week

World series week is good because the whole NFL fan base will have a game to watch for their own team. That's not important for football fans who don't miss a game but it's good for bringing back baseball fans who just watched a bunch of commercials during the world series and see that their NFL team is playing this weekend. And gamblers who bet the world series and are looking to get as much action as possible. It's also a time when the NBA and NHL are starting up and they can exert some dominance in the sports world.

Thanksgiving they have so many prime time games that the 1pm and 4pm (Eastern) slots are pretty sparse if anyone's on bye

This is the format that works best for me, for memorizing the annual Bye Weeks.

It's not as good, or better than any other format; it's just what works best for me. If it helps anyone else, great. YMMV, right?

I'm a cradle Redskins fan, born and raised in the DMV. As such, I was raised on DC-area sports pages that prioritized the NFC over the AFC, and always listed the East Divisions first. I would imagine everyone's geographic region has their own unique way of formatting Standings, right?

I prefer nicknames to cities, to avoid stuff like NYG/NYJ or LAC/LAR.

Alphabetically, within Divisions, helps me, too.

So this is NFC Teams; East, North, South, West / AFC Teams; East, North, South, West

(2/2) Week 05: Buccaneers, Seahawks / Browns, Chargers
(1/1) Week 06: Packers / Steelers
(2/4) Week 07: Cowboys, Panthers / Jets, Bengals, Texans, Titans

(2/2) Week 09: Lions, 49'er's / Jaguars, Broncos
(2/2) Week 10: Eagles, Rams / Dolphins, Chiefs
(2/2) Week 11: Falcons, Saints / Patriots, Colts

(3/3) Week 13: Bears, Vikings / Bills, Ravens, Raiders
(2/0) Week 14: Redskins, Cardinals

:)

Go tell the FFPC and RTS

Second year in a row Washington has had a week 14 bye.
"Let's put the turds at the end of the list."
Indy was week 14 in 2022 and 2021 that sucked for Taylor owners but it was a blessing last year if you faded Taylor because of the week 14 bye.
Of course for me it was the opposite I faded Taylor to 0% in RTS and like 3% in FFPC in 2021 then "learned my lesson" for fading great players because of a bye and loaded up on Taylor last year.

This is the first time since 2012 there has not been a Monday night game for our Fantasy Championship week (Week 17 in this case and week 16 in 2012).

The last time there was no Monday night game I won $100,000 so here is to hoping for some more Sunday night final night magic.

What does stink about no Monday game is giving yourself time to process where you stand if you have a chance to win any major money to figure out who you need to fade instead of having all day to do it you will have very little time to figure it out going into Sunday night.

Users who are viewing this thread