What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3rd rd RB (I'm just not sold) (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
So I am not digging the RB's in the 3rd round and find myself in mocks almost exclusively going for a WR in round #3. Can a case be made for any of the following guys that I am generally able to choose from? If so, who would you take and why? and over a WR such as V Cruz, Andre Johnson, Welker, Colston, Roddy....

disclaimer, I'm in a 12 team PPR and drafting #7. I am finding that after three, I am ending up with 1 RB and 2WR...while I'd like to go for a RB in round #3, I just cant pull the trigger on any of these guys over #1 WR.

D. Murray

D. Mcfadden

L. Miller

L. Bell

D. Wilson

D. Sproles (usually not there but if he is?)

M. Ball

E. Lacy

Feedback appreciated. Thanks.

So I am not digging the RB's in the 3rd round and find myself in mocks almost exclusively going for a WR in round #3. Can a case be made for any of the following guys that I am generally able to choose from? If so, who would you take and why? and over a WR such as V Cruz, Andre Johnson, Welker, Colston, Roddy....

disclaimer, I'm in a 12 team PPR and drafting #7. I am finding that after three, I am ending up with 1 RB and 2WR...while I'd like to go for a RB in round #3, I just cant pull the trigger on any of these guys over #1 WR.

D. Murray

D. Mcfadden

L. Miller

L. Bell

D. Wilson

D. Sproles (usually not there but if he is?)

M. Ball

E. Lacy

Feedback appreciated. Thanks.
I'm with you.

Of this list the ones I feel comfortable with in ppr are:

murray and sproles. I like Lacy but I would not want to automatically want to roll with him as my #2 (great #3).

But you also have to compare the rbs you're getting in the 4th....if you hate the 3rd rd rbs, do you hate the 4th rbs too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sproles seems to go early 3rd so if he could fall to you in PPR that'd be great but it seems a bit unlikely if you're sitting at 3.07. There are definitely a ton of question marks but also some serious upside in that 3rd round group.

If I'm sitting at the bottom end of the first round however, I'm almost always going to go RB/RB as there are still studs waiting for you on the comeback. Pairing up someone like McCoy/Trich/Forte with someone like CJ2K/SJax/R.Bush and seems rather strong to me.

I really like Murray in that group. If you can get past the perceived injury risk, he has tremendous upside in ppr, and has proven out pretty well over the last 2 seasons. If he can avoid another injury, he strikes me as having the highest floor, and ceiling, of the names listed.

If you can't find anything to like in a group of 8 players, you might be in the wrong hobby. Also, if you reeeeally don't love any of them, just take a receiver because Ball and Lacy aren't going till the 4th or 5th in most ADP data I've seen.

I think there are much better values at RB later (Vereen, D Will, Mendy, Tate) that could perform just as good or better as the RBs you listed.

I would rather take a good WR like Cruz or White in Round 3 rather than gamble on a risky RB.

Users who are viewing this thread