What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

5 Buckeyes in the first round (1 Viewer)

it wasn't just the national championship game where vince young really made his money...game 1 vs. ohio state in the horseshoe was 1a or 1b on that list

Any thoughts? :popcorn:
OSU is a football factory like Miami, USC, Notre Dame, Florida, Florida State and a few others. Every year they produce NFL caliber players. That's a reason they are in the hunt for th National Title most years. They're good. And Tressel is pretty decent too.Go Bucks!

I gotta give it to them... 5 Buckeye in the first is very impressive. I thought FSU was going to have the most, unfortunatley not. Nice draft.

I- O

Yes we do produce a crop of players that are not only NFL ready physically, but also possess good work ethics and good personality with the exception of Clarett. It was nice to see 2 hometown guys now able to be on the same team again. (Mangold and Nugent) Not only that but Schlegel as well!! Jim Herrmann, linebackers coach who could have very well been slated as Lloyd Carr's replacement is a fine pick up by the Jets as he was a fine Def. Coor. at Michigan. He's from close to my hometown in Ohio so I applaud him. I'm sure he filtered in some info. that helped w/ the aquiring of Schlegel.

Ohio State and the Big10 are overrated on an annual basis...that's my thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohio State and the Big10 are overrated on an annual basis...that's is my thought.
Of course you would think that. While the fans recognize the Pac10 is a nice league for the left coasters, the NFL recognizes OSU and the Big10 annually in the draft. Many in the first and many throughout. So that just leaves the Pac10 fans thinking oherwise. But to thei credit they have had some nice success lately.

Ohio State and the Big10 are overrated on an annual basis...that's is my thought.
Of course you would think that. While the fans recognize the Pac10 is a nice league for the left coasters, the NFL recognizes OSU and the Big10 annually in the draft. Many in the first and many throughout. So that just leaves the Pac10 fans thinking oherwise. But to thei credit they have had some nice success lately.
Justice, Drew, Leinart, Bush, Lewis = SODs

Justice, Drew, Leinart, Bush, Lewis = SODs
So Bush at 2 is a SOD? As for the rest, time will tell. Clearly the NFL had concerns. Leinart might be a nice pick at 10 as many feel he's the best QB. But being the best at your position dosn't always mean a top 10pick either. It's all relative. Drew is mired in a RBBC in Jax so I Wouldn't get too excited for him. Justice could be the realSOD if he can overcome his character issues.BTW-USC isn't exactly wearing the character aspect too well these days. While they have had some good talent it's becomig evident that there are some character issues that come with that talent. Real issues will continue to rear their ugly heads.

OSU is a football factory like Miami, USC, Notre Dame, Florida, Florida State and a few others. Every year they produce NFL caliber players. That's a reason they are in the hunt for th National Title most years. They're good. And Tressel is pretty decent too.Go Bucks!
Notre Dame only had two players chosen the whole day, while NC State had three players chosen in the first 26 picks,. I wouldn't call ND a factory any more. That may change, but they are not once they once were at the moment.As for Ohio State, they definitely are a nice feeder program to NFL year in and year out. Texas needs to be included on this list, too.

Notre Dame only had two players chosen the whole day, while NC State had three players chosen in the first 26 picks,. I wouldn't call ND a factory any more. That may change, but they are not once they once were at the moment.As for Ohio State, they definitely are a nice feeder program to NFL year in and year out. Texas needs to be included on this list, too.
Texas for sure. But when I mentioned these schools I was looking back ove 20+ years and ND certainly belongs in that group.

No wonder they won the Big10.... wait a minute
:lmao: That beating in Happy Valley always seems to be glossed over by Buckeye fans everywhere.
Really? Not sure how it can be ignored. It was a great win for PSU. They didn't know it at the time but too bad they blew it in Mich or they might of had a shot at a National Champ.

While OSU does produce good football talent, I don't really consider them a "factory" exactly. I don't know that there is a Big Ten team that I would consider a "factory". That's reserved for teams like Miami, FSU etc.

I don't understand what the big whoop is about 5 in the first round though. They had a ton making themselves eligible for the draft, and several seniors right? It was a very good showing, no question, but I don't see it being as big a deal as everyone else. :shrug: It's clear that this was definitely a year where offensive players were at a minimum and a lot of teams need defensive help. When that happens, defense oriented schools SHOULD have a lot of players drafted, shouldn't they?? :shrug:

Ohio State and the Big10 are overrated on an annual basis...that's my thought.
I like Lloyd Carr's idea of a national championship playoff where you play the games at the schools. I would love to see Pac-10 and Florida teams have to come to Columbus, Ann Arbor, and Iowa City in December. I am tired of seeing Big 10 teams have to play home games for the Pac-10.

Thought this was a good article from last year:

SEC Leads Nation With Most Players on NFL Opening Day Rosters

10/12/2005

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The Southeastern Conference had 261 of its former student-athletes on 2005 National Football League Kickoff Weekend rosters, most of any conference in the nation.

Florida and Tennessee each had 37 players on rosters, which tied for second in the nation, behind Florida State's 42. Georgia tied with Ohio State for fourth with 35 players while Auburn was eighth with 31 and LSU tied Notre Dame for ninth with 30 players on NFL opening day rosters.

Using current conference alignments, the Atlantic Coast Conference was second behind the SEC with 231 players on NFL rosters. The Big Ten was third with 223, the Pac-10 fourth with 188 and the Big 12 was fifth with 176 former players on NFL rosters.

Below is a look at how the SEC fared on 2005 NFL Kickoff Weekend rosters:

SCHOOLS

1. Florida State 42

2. FLORIDA 37

TENNESSEE 37

4. GEORGIA 35

Ohio State 35

6. Michigan 34

7. Miami (Fla.) 33

8. AUBURN 31

9. LSU 30

Notre Dame 30

OTHER SEC SCHOOLS

Alabama 18

Ole Miss 17

South Carolina 17

Mississippi State 15

Arkansas 11

Vanderbilt 7

Kentucky 6

CONFERENCES

1. SEC 261

2. ACC 231

3. Big Ten 223

4. Pac-10 188

5. Big 12 176

6. Big East 88

7. Conference USA 71

8. Mountain West 68

link

Buckeyes lost 9 defensive and 3 offensive starters. All 12 will be drafted before the day is out. And throw in yet another kicker.

OHIIIIOOOOOO

To you Michigan losers. 892 days since last victory over Ohio State AND COUNTING.

Did anyone of you losers get drafted yet? hahaha

OHIO STATE IS A PRO FOOTBALL FACTORY!!!!

MICHIGAN IS FOR LOSERS!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread