What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

9TH ANNUAL SUPER POOL POINT SPREAD PICK EM LEAGUE ($198 BUY IN, HUGE POT/CASH PRIZE - JOIN TODAY!! (1 Viewer)

I'e been considering joining your league, but the lack of using LeagueSafe made me look further into your contest to make sure it's legit. Somethings not right about your Jackpot. I've looked through your older threads and it seems like your Jackpot started with the 2016 season, and your posts for each of the subsequent years (2017, 2018 and this one - 2019) ALL say, "Our rollover weekly jackpot was NOT hit last season..."

By my math ($50x17weeks) the Jackpot should grow by $850 each year. It should have started at $850 to start 2017 but your post says it started at $600 in 2017.  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/758020-7th-annual-super-pool-point-spread-pick-em-league-175-buy-in-huge-potcash-prize-join-today/?do=findComment&comment=20310513

By my math the Jackpot should have started at $1700 to start 2018 but your post says it started at $1350 in 2018. https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/767653-8th-annual-super-pool-point-spread-pick-em-league-193-buy-in-huge-potcash-prize-join-today/?do=findComment&comment=21171492 

By my math the Jackpot should be starting at $2550 to start 2019 but your post says above that it is $1500. 

Even if the weeks with 13 or less games (2x per season each of the last 3 years), it would be $750 per season so the Jackpots would have started at $750, $1500 and $2250 respectively.

What gives? Sorry, but the discrepancy here makes me wonder where my money would really go to. I'm not interested if it just goes into your pocket(s) without transparency.

All good!! And your math is mostly correct.  I don’t believe that we had as many Jackpot weeks as you mentioned above though. 

Regardless, last season we took a league vote right before the season started and the league voted to give 1/4 of the total jackpot at seasons end to the person with the best week (in any week of the season).

if I’m not mistaken, you need to subtract around $600 from your estimation, which is the 1/4 amount.

That’s the big discrepancy!! And just a heads up, we are going to take another vote before the season starts as to whether one must win the jackpot via the original rules or if we will give 1/4 to the best week!!

We like transparency and we value our players opinions, so that’s why we took this vote and simply honored majority rule.

Hence, this is a huge reason why we created a discord room for our members to join!  It’s our first season on Discord. Feel free to join it so you can talk to fellow players and  get your questions answered very quickly!

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001ActRq9JxZDWlAnbWEpw3qcQwYw03423h4kTQv8ZzP71D-Utcqai5tgxlxyhemCjyGSGme-ss0coUyk8N0J3SoAYemPEO2S0qjXtcaM4DkBfHutqsQ93qr_NB7ruBh0S9aBU47jBmxvyQYojukQucBzjCQNMy6R8E4oTgcquKn34pwrlwD8UAdA==&c=4-7VmjEmFh2FAxjr26Bc9sCiGiT5yy2_09gdsAr_hjravE6ht-53Ag==&ch=PromC_bMWN_jNJbcXn8FMwsPVHw_qMtoXMbv9QYonf-JdmOktj602Q==

Thanks for the message, we totally get that it’s human nature to be skeptical. We would be too, to be honest.

We look forward to hosting you in our league if you decide to jump aboard.

Users who are viewing this thread