What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A little dynasty TE discussion... (1 Viewer)

Are people really down on Kyle Rudolph at this point, or does he still have the potential some saw in him heading into last year?

I'm torn. Good young QB, solid but unspectacular WRs, great running game for play action, and a TE friendly system. But who knows if he'll play 5 games or 16.
I think there is still something there and grabbed him in the 13th round of a recent startup draft. The injury concerns are a real issue because they even go back to his college days and you're absolutely right that you might only get 5 games out of him. But Bridgewater seems really excited about him and he was obviously a huge part of the Vikings' plans last summer because they signed him to a huge extension. He has some nice upside because he's great in the red zone and has the size/speed combo you are looking for. And as you mentioned, TE friendly system with Norv.

I'm not saying he's a sure thing by any means, but you could do a lot worse for your TE2, which is what he's being drafted/valued at right now.
seems to me like it would depend on whether they run 3 WR sets or not. myCole Pruitt could end up as the H-back or "F" flexed out (gates role) with Rudolf at the y in-line manumaluena role...Loads of hype on Pruitt how Norval hand picked him

Last edited by a moderator:
What's confusing to me, is how people lament Housler's crap situation for years, and yet there's not a peep when he signs as the starting TE on a team with few receivers, who needs to replace Cameron.

I'm not saying he'll be a stud, but there's no chatter about him...at all.
embrace it and steal him from people. His value will go up eventually. Ideal landing spot

Rotoworld:

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner Jr. mentioned fifth-round TE C.J. Uzomah as a player who stood out during Bengals spring practices.

Dehner Jr., however, noted that Uzomah is viewed as a project with big-time athletic upside. He and fellow rookie Tyler Kroft are competing for the No. 2 job behind Tyler Eifert. We'd give Kroft the early edge due to his blocking prowess. Eifert will run the pass routes, while Kroft plays the old Jermaine Gresham role as the in-line blocker. Uzomah would need an injury to Eifert to enter the picture.

Source: Paul Dehner Jr. on Twitter
Jul 22 - 10:39 AM

With Gates out 4 weeks it might be possible to move some pieces to grab Green and see what you have there. Still young.

Rotoworld:

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner Jr. envisions a Tyler Eifert breakout in 2015.

Eifert was pegged for a sophomore breakout last year before his season ended in Week 1 with a dislocated elbow. Now 100 percent healthy, Eifert is flying under the radar a bit, but has as good a chance as any young tight end to make the leap into TE1 territory. The talent is there. He has a chance to finish second on the team in targets behind A.J. Green and be a red-zone factor.

Source: Paul Dehner Jr. on Twitter
Jul 22 - 11:24 AM

With Gates out 4 weeks it might be possible to move some pieces to grab Green and see what you have there. Still young.
You aren't getting Green from any Green owner without a big price.
as a green owner i concur, i'd move him for a solid price but with the upside on him i'm charging a premium.

on a side note hes probably going to be useless, after all good productoin TE's we target the situtatoin only to realize its the TE that makes it more then the situation (ie gonzo, hernadez replaement, sharpe, ect (JT/graham yet to be seen))

Rotoworld:

ESPN Falcons reporter Vaughn McClure believes TE Jacob Tamme can come in and be a "real threat" on offense as a pass catcher.

If the season were to start today, McClure envisions Tamme as the pass-catching tight end and Tony Moeaki as the in-line block-first tight end, leaving Levine Toilolo as the No. 3. With Roddy White's decline and OC Kyle Shanahan's fondness for the tight end, Tamme could emerge as a red-zone threat.

Source: ESPN.com
Jul 24 - 10:57 AM

Rotoworld:

ESPN Falcons reporter Vaughn McClure believes TE Jacob Tamme can come in and be a "real threat" on offense as a pass catcher.

If the season were to start today, McClure envisions Tamme as the pass-catching tight end and Tony Moeaki as the in-line block-first tight end, leaving Levine Toilolo as the No. 3. With Roddy White's decline and OC Kyle Shanahan's fondness for the tight end, Tamme could emerge as a red-zone threat.

the link they provided was to KC chiefs projection- anyone have the true link to article. I've been searching, but couldn't find it

Rotoworld:

the link they provided was to KC chiefs projection- anyone have the true link to article. I've been searching, but couldn't find it

Rotoworld:

Fifth-round pick James O'Shaughnessy is listed as the No. 2 tight end on the Chiefs' initial training-camp depth chart.

He's directly behind Travis Kelce. O'Shaughnessy is already listed ahead of veteran players, a good sign for the Illinois State product's early impressions. O'Shaughnessy stands 6-foot-4, 248 and ran 4.68 with an impressive 35-inch vertical at the Redbirds' Pro Day this spring. A favorite of Rookie Scouting Portfolio's Matt Waldman, O'Shaughnessy is a deep Dynasty sleeper.

Aug 9 - 9:18 AM

Rotoworld:

Jesse James - TE - Steelers

Steelers rookie TE Jesse James caught two passes for nine yards and lost a fumble in Sunday night's Hall of Fame Game against the Vikings.

James caught a first-quarter pass from Landry Jones for two yards, and later had a seven-yard gain. The fifth-round rookie from Penn State's lowlights were two brutal drops, one for a surefire touchdown and the next that resulted in a tipped interception by Minnesota. James was also flagged for holding in the third quarter. This was about as poor a performance as you'll see from a tight end in a game setting.

Aug 9 - 10:53 PM

Rotoworld:

MyCole Pruitt - TE - Vikings

Vikings rookie TE MyCole Pruitt caught four passes for 51 yards and a touchdown in Sunday night's Hall of Fame Game against the Steelers.

A SPARQ freak out of SIU-Carbondale, Pruitt mixed in with the first-team offense in two-tight end sets across from Kyle Rudolph. Known more for his receiving ability, Pruitt laid a solid block on a first-quarter screen to Jerick McKinnon, springing McKinnon for the first down. Pruitt also had a nice block on an 18-yard second-quarter run by Matt Asiata. Pruitt saved his best for a 34-yard touchdown over the top of Pittsburgh's defense. Clearly ahead of Chase Ford on the depth chart, Pruitt is an intriguing prospect considering the injury history of Rudolph.

Aug 9 - 10:22 PM

Rotoworld:

Jesse James - TE - Steelers

Steelers rookie TE Jesse James caught two passes for nine yards and lost a fumble in Sunday night's Hall of Fame Game against the Vikings.

James caught a first-quarter pass from Landry Jones for two yards, and later had a seven-yard gain. The fifth-round rookie from Penn State's lowlights were two brutal drops, one for a surefire touchdown and the next that resulted in a tipped interception by Minnesota. James was also flagged for holding in the third quarter. This was about as poor a performance as you'll see from a tight end in a game setting.

Aug 9 - 10:53 PM
I actually cut him before the game was over.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Caplan says third-round TE Clive Walford will have a "significant role" in the Raiders offense this season.
A strained hamstring has kept Walford sidelined for the last few days, but he's expected back shortly. At that point, he'll continue his push on incumbent Mychal Rivera. Walford, someone to keep on watch lists as a potential in-season add, outplayed Rivera during the spring.
Related: Mychal Rivera

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
Aug 10 - 10:48 AM

Rotoworld:

Gary Barnidge is the early favorite to start for the Browns at tight end.

Barnidge is a solid veteran who can help out as a blocker, but he has just 44 receptions in 92 career games. Cleveland brought in Rob Housler to be their receiving option, but he has struggled in camp and is firmly on the roster bubble. With serious questions at wide receiver, the Browns need to find a passing-game weapon at tight end.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Aug 17 - 10:13 AM

Rotoworld:

Gary Barnidge is the early favorite to start for the Browns at tight end.

Barnidge is a solid veteran who can help out as a blocker, but he has just 44 receptions in 92 career games. Cleveland brought in Rob Housler to be their receiving option, but he has struggled in camp and is firmly on the roster bubble. With serious questions at wide receiver, the Browns need to find a passing-game weapon at tight end.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Aug 17 - 10:13 AM
it's a stretch, but I'm hoping Bipps continues to do well and earns decent playing time.

Rotoworld:

Fifth-round pick James O'Shaughnessy is listed as the No. 2 tight end on the Chiefs' initial training-camp depth chart.

He's directly behind Travis Kelce. O'Shaughnessy is already listed ahead of veteran players, a good sign for the Illinois State product's early impressions. O'Shaughnessy stands 6-foot-4, 248 and ran 4.68 with an impressive 35-inch vertical at the Redbirds' Pro Day this spring. A favorite of Rookie Scouting Portfolio's Matt Waldman, O'Shaughnessy is a deep Dynasty sleeper.

Aug 9 - 9:18 AM
This O'Shaughnessy guy looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread