What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

a newer song you love? (2 Viewers)

I heard the song "Save Me, San Francisco" by Train last week for the first time. I dig that a lot.

I just checked and found out it was released back in 2009? :unsure:
I like it too. I don't know why it didn't get more airplay. They play it on XM a good bit. That's where I first heard it. Good tune.

I wouldn't recognize another 1D song if it hit me in the face but I caught a rerun of SNL the other night where they sang Ready To Run.

Catchy tune. Really like the chorus. The live SNL performance is better than the album's, which is overproduced.
They're better than any of us want to admit.

it's old (2006) and it's an album... but just fired up Yo La Tengo's "I'm not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your ###" for the first time in ages. sooo good. and the best album name ever. will wear this out over the next few days.

Has Bruno Mars and a few other guests. Video NSFW and may have to sign in but I can turn off the screen and listen to the song. The repetative "bubblebutt" has gotten into my cranium and I cant stop singing it.

You Satellite

First time performed live and it has multiple time signatures going, so you can tell it's a bit off here and there, most notably Jeff's vocals, but it's already clear this is going to be one of their all-time great jams, on the level with Kidsmoke, Poor Places, ALTWYS, etc.

Have to give a shout out to The London Souls. Saw them at the Montreal Jazz Festival last year and they blew me away.

Brief bio:

THE LONDON SOULS' unique reinterpretation of classic hard-hitting rock and roll formula recalls elements of the past with an ever-present boundless energy, fit to cement their place in the future. Tash and Chris have been nothing short of a best-kept-secret among New York City concertgoers since the band's formation in 2008, building a fervent and dynamic fan base leveraged by their ever-substantiated reputation for consistently well-rehearsed and impassioned, explosive live performances. The band's celebrated sound and spirit draws significant influence from the driving force of British rock pioneers Cream and Led Zeppelin, to billowing and bouncing funk and soul, to the layered harmonies and memorable hooks of The Beatles and The Hollies, to the contemporary psychedelia of MyMorning Jacket among many others.
This band is great - in the mold of the classic power trios. Here's the debut song of their recently released second album:

When I'm With You

Last edited by a moderator:
it's old (2006) and it's an album... but just fired up Yo La Tengo's "I'm not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your ###" for the first time in ages. sooo good. and the best album name ever. will wear this out over the next few days.
I Feel Like Going Home, Black Flowers, and Story of Yo La Tango are all timer YLT tunes. Story of is a great one deep in a long bike ride playlist.

not any individual song (there are plenty) but bands heavily in my playlists right now are:

Rival Sons

Crobot

Royal Blood

The Temperance Movement

Wolfmother

The Sword

Mastodon

Clutch

Alice in Chains (last two albums)

Foo Fighters (last two albums)

For those interested in instrumental metal - Sithu Aye, Animals As Leaders, God Is An Astronaut, Blotted Science.

??

Last edited by a moderator:
I've loaded their tunes into my spotify catch-all list, but for some reason never really sat down and gave them a good listen... Bass Drums of Death is turning my crank in a nice way. more Garagey/punk version of Black Keys and a heavy helping of White Stripes.

Bobby Darin's Mack the Knife was the bar closing song back in my college days at Maryland in the 'Vous... as for new stuff, I'm interested to hear the much anticipated album from Blur.

Users who are viewing this thread