What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A Popular TV Series Wants to Rent my House: UPDATE - it's a DONE deal... almost (1 Viewer)

My wife would be a big hell no if this happened to us.  She'd be like "I don't want other people knowing what the inside and outside of my house looks like.  What if they tried to rob me later?  What if someone on the show steals our stuff?"

She covers up all the cameras on our laptops convinced we're being watched.  My wife is kinda crazy and sucks.  Unfortunately neither of those in the good ways. 

Last edited by a moderator:
my family did this for years in downtown LA.  we used to have a very unique industrial warehouse complex, that tons of movies, tv shows and commercials were shot there.  they pay A LOT.  depending on the budget, 5k+ a day is quite possible.  if they want to use your furniture(which would be odd and would surprise me), go as high as you can.  and if they do, put in writing the things you are excluding, such as your guitars.  the guys working on set are careful, sort of.  they are used to everything being a rental and treat it as such.  also, get an iron clad damage waiver in place as well.  they will expect it and will fix anything they damage after the fact.  and they will damage things.  door jams, floors etc.  just make sure to get that in writing and if they use your stuff, take pictures beforehand.

bonus, under 10 days is tax free!  speak to a professional on that one :mellow:  

the last big movie at my place was gone girl, with emily ratajkowski.  sadly, she wasn't in any of the scenes, filmed at the building.  ben affleck was an ok dude though.

Rhythmdoctor said:
Director and 10 others showed up today for another walk through.  Afterwards, the producer lady seemed optimistic.  Said they'd be back Thursday with camera crew?  My thought was to see angles, lighting etc... But then my wife got a text about an hour ago from the producer saying they'd like to move forward with the filming and asked where to send the agreement.

Pretty exciting stuff!  Now it's just about getting the agreement and if the money is right, we say YES!  I'm thinking $2k is my number (per day).  My best friend is a producer for a well known reality TV show and while there is no connection between the two, he at least is in the biz.  He thought $2k was very reasonable, although he admitted he doesn't really know anything.  So whatever that's worth, LOL, it makes me feel good about my $2k number.

I guess y'all will be seeing my home on tv soon :headbang:
go higher

My wife would be a big hell no if this happened to us.  She'd be like "I don't want other people knowing what the inside and outside of my house looks like.  What if they tried to rob me later?  What if someone on the show steals our stuff?"

She covers up all the cameras on our laptops convinced we're being watched.  My wife is kinda crazy and sucks.  Unfortunately neither of those in the good ways. 
:lmao:

Ok. But still- Go on...

my family did this for years in downtown LA.  we used to have a very unique industrial warehouse complex, that tons of movies, tv shows and commercials were shot there.  they pay A LOT.  depending on the budget, 5k+ a day is quite possible.  if they want to use your furniture(which would be odd and would surprise me), go as high as you can.  and if they do, put in writing the things you are excluding, such as your guitars.  the guys working on set are careful, sort of.  they are used to everything being a rental and treat it as such.  also, get an iron clad damage waiver in place as well.  they will expect it and will fix anything they damage after the fact.  and they will damage things.  door jams, floors etc.  just make sure to get that in writing and if they use your stuff, take pictures beforehand.

bonus, under 10 days is tax free!  speak to a professional on that one :mellow:  

the last big movie at my place was gone girl, with emily ratajkowski.  sadly, she wasn't in any of the scenes, filmed at the building.  ben affleck was an ok dude though.
also, have daily time frames cleary denoted.  it's not a 24 hour clock.  start at 7am, hard end at 9pm.  then, when they need to get the shot and need to go past 9, you've got them by the short hairs.  $500-1500/hr is easy to get.  and that's when the last PA leaves.  not when they start to leave.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
also, have daily time frames cleary denoted.  it's not a 24 hour clock.  start at 7am, hard end at 9pm.  then, when they need to get the shot and need to go past 9, you've got them by the short hairs.  $500-1500/hr is easy to get.  and that's when the last PA leaves.  not when they start to leave.
The only issue is that I don't want to be so demanding that they look elsewhere.  I want to be easy to work with so they keep coming back.  It's a fine balance, I know.  And this is a Netflix Original 30 minute sitcom, not sure how big their budget is.  When I get the contract, I'll pm you or post here to get some input.

Thanks for all your knowledge!

E2A: Also, they will be putting me and my family up in a hotel room, so I won't be there to monitor times/hours.  I think it's going to be a daily rental.

The only issue is that I don't want to be so demanding that they look elsewhere.  I want to be easy to work with so they keep coming back.  It's a fine balance, I know.  And this is a Netflix Original 30 minute sitcom, not sure how big their budget is.  When I get the contract, I'll pm you or post here to get some input.

E2A: Also, they will be putting me and my family up in a hotel room, so I won't be there to monitor times/hours.  I think it's going to be a daily rental.
This is that weed show on Netflix isn't it.

they would sometimes put us up in a hotel also, but i would strongly advise some supervision.  while it sounds cool to have a shoot at your house, it's merely business to them.  if they want to park the generator truck on your lawn and you're not there to say, uh...no.  they will just do it.  and think of your neighbors as well.  you may have rules/laws in place regarding noise, etc.

and i'm not saying, screw them over.  just have some lines in the contract that protect you and your neighbors.  we had a shoot go to 4am once.  they gave everyone in the building $500, plus paid another full day, plus $1000 an hour after 12am

Ok. But still- Go on...
I should start a thread about it, but have any of your wives gotten more nuts as they've gotten older?  My wife when she was young was always super fun, risk taking, just DGAF as long as we were having fun.  Not physical risk but stuff like banging outside with the possibility of getting caught kind of thing.  And not only sex stuff but like just heading somewhere without some definitive mapped out plan of where you going, etc. 

I really think it's hormones as this behavior has ramped up since she's hit 50.  I'm pot committed at this point so I may as well ride it out and see where it goes from here.  Maybe she'll turn into a nympho next?

I should start a thread about it, but have any of your wives gotten more nuts as they've gotten older?  My wife when she was young was always super fun, risk taking, just DGAF as long as we were having fun.  Not physical risk but stuff like banging outside with the possibility of getting caught kind of thing.  And not only sex stuff but like just heading somewhere without some definitive mapped out plan of where you going, etc. 

I really think it's hormones as this behavior has ramped up since she's hit 50.  I'm pot committed at this point so I may as well ride it out and see where it goes from here.  Maybe she'll turn into a nympho next?
Maybe you should try something stronger?   :oldunsure:

Ok. You can stop.

My wife wasn't that adventurous when we were younger. Now that she's knocking on 40, she is even less so. You should see the monster itinerary for Disney. 10 friggin pages. I like to go somewhere and figure out what I want to do. She has it mapped out to the minute. Maybe it's just Disney. Don't know. But I can relate. 

They pulled out, saying the scene was cut from the script.  :kicksrock:   I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread