What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A request for the smart alecks regarding week 17 (1 Viewer)

shader

Footballguy
I've read like 3 or 4 threads this morning regarding week 17. In every thread, some smart guy comes in and tells us how stupid we are for playing in week 17.

WE GET IT. YOU LIKE TO END YOUR CHAMPIONSHIP A WEEK EARLY AND MISS A WEEK OF FANTASY FOOTBALL.

Please get out of our threads. You won your championship, (or lost), so your off-season has already started.

The rest of us are still having fun while you're not!!!

Our league plays a combined week 16 and 17 score. Not only does it scale out the luck factor for one blow up week, but it keeps the fantasy season going the full 17 weeks.

There are usually alot of great performances week 17 that would otherwise be missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read like 3 or 4 threads this morning regarding week 17. In every thread, some smart guy comes in and tells us how stupid we are for playing in week 17.

WE GET IT. YOU LIKE TO END YOUR CHAMPIONSHIP A WEEK EARLY AND MISS A WEEK OF FANTASY FOOTBALL.

Please get out of our threads. You won your championship, (or lost), so your off-season has already started.

The rest of us are still having fun while you're not!!!

Our league plays a combined week 16 and 17 score. Not only does it scale out the luck factor for one blow up week, but it keeps the fantasy season going the full 17 weeks.

There are usually alot of great performances week 17 that would otherwise be missed.
Wow, your league plays Week 17? Thats pretty stupid

Isn't it "smart Alex" and not "smart alecks"? I ask because if I am correct than a bunch of "smart Mike's" and "smart Larry's" can still post whatever they want. Plus, when I write aleck(s), a red line appears under the word so I am not spelling it correctly. I am confused now.

Most of the Sharks I know do a "Pro Bowl" this week.
Yeah we did that in my league for a few years but no one ever really paid attention to it and it didn't have any juice or excitment so it kinda just died its own death. I hate wasting week 17 but I can see all the arguments pro/con.

smart al·eck (lk)

n. Informal

1. A person regarded as obnoxiously self-assertive.

2. An impudent person.

re⋅tard⋅ed

n.

1. A league that plays its championship week 17

Yeah we did that in my league for a few years but no one ever really paid attention to it and it didn't have any juice or excitment so it kinda just died its own death. I hate wasting week 17 but I can see all the arguments pro/con.
It is a waste for sure.Last year in week 17:Andre Johnson 10 catches, 148 yards, 2 tdsSchaub 328 yards, 2 td'sPeterson 103 yards 1 TDDeangelo 178 yardsBrees 386 yards 4 TDsSteve Smith 134 yardsColston 123 1 TDRivers 207 yards 2 tdsLT 96 yards and 3 tdsWarner 264 yards 4 tdsFitzgerald 130 2 tdsI think you get the point. Yeah there are a few guys that sit out. But overall it's a great week and usually no different than a mid-season bye week. You just have to plan for it.

Tip my grandmother told me when I was just a little boy.

"You get more with sugar than you do with salt"

If you have trouble figuring out that one, let me know. It has to do with how you titled your thread, I'm not sure what you expected when you did that.

:lmao:

Really like that idea^^^^^

Week 17 is the PRO-BOWL baby.

We don't miss anything. 3 divisions each set a lineup of all stars and play for $ and the one that puts up high points gets the coin.

Ain't missing nothing.

Week 17 is the PRO-BOWL baby.

We don't miss anything. 3 divisions each set a lineup of all stars and play for $ and the one that puts up high points gets the coin.

Ain't missing nothing.
We discussed doing something similar. I imagine that's fun too.

in one of my leagues we combine 16-17 as well.....its kind of nice....something different.........it makes you plan a little more and just another test of your ability to manage a fantasy roster and your ability to make tougher decisons based on different information....

We are all so lame for missing out on the great fun of starting Curtis Painter, Kenneth Darby, and Early Doucet.
I dont think any of the teams in the championship game will be starting those guys. But thanks for your tip!

Huh? If you have Manning and Palmer as your QBs in a 2-QB or deep league, who are you starting? Plucking Drew Brees from your waiver wire?
Well if you had to start Manning (assuming you mean Peyton) last week, you probably didn't do so well last week in the QB department

It is a waste for sure.Last year in week 17:Andre Johnson 10 catches, 148 yards, 2 tdsSchaub 328 yards, 2 td'sPeterson 103 yards 1 TDDeangelo 178 yardsBrees 386 yards 4 TDsSteve Smith 134 yardsColston 123 1 TDRivers 207 yards 2 tdsLT 96 yards and 3 tdsWarner 264 yards 4 tdsFitzgerald 130 2 tdsI think you get the point. Yeah there are a few guys that sit out. But overall it's a great week and usually no different than a mid-season bye week. You just have to plan for it.
I won a week 17 championship last year on the strength of the Matt Schaub to Andre Johnson combo last season.The guy I beat was led by Colston and Leon Washington. Romo let him down with a stinker against the Eagles.

smart al·eck (lk)

n. Informal

1. A person regarded as obnoxiously self-assertive.

2. An impudent person.

re⋅tard⋅ed

n.

1. A league that plays its championship week 17
:goodposting: (I am playing for a championship this week)
Can it really be a good posting? I believe the word ######ed is an adjective, not a noun. A noun is a person place or thing, an adjective is a word that describes a noun. In this case, the word ######ed is describing a fantasy league that plays a week 17 championship game. The league is the noun, ######ed is the adjective. I just don't know how you can use the "good posting" emoticon with that discrepancy going on. :sarcasm:

By the way, I think I may run for the Chief of the grammar police with that campaign speech. Except for the fact that I ended the underlined sentence with a preposition, Oh well!

edit: Sorry, I didn't know that the language filter didn't like the word re⋅tard⋅ed

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread