What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A week later, I am still crushed. The perspective of a mixed-race marriage and a loss of trust (3 Viewers)

Unfortunately, no... 

But I also no longer have a wife, so there's definitely a bright side. :banned:

Living the single life in Dallas, where I've been adopted by the hospitality industry in the greatest challenge my liver has ever seen. 

Oh, and I can vote against Ted Cruz. Don't need to be some flaming liberal to get juiced about that opportunity.
I knew that you left us Island dwellers, but didn't realize about the other stuff...sorry/congrats.
Bet the move to Texas was a bit of a culture shock.

Had dinner a couple nights ago with a sales guy from a warehouse in Dallas who grew up Garden City.
He said that it took him a few months just to adjust to the space and then a few more months to realize there wasn't an ocean close.

He still didn't know his east from his west. Hope you're representing us proudly.

I don't post often in the PF as it's a cess pool of hate. I'm not a Trump supporter by any means, but post one time that you agree with one of his positions and it's an automatic Bat-Call to the Trump haters and let the barrage of insults begin.
Again, link me to an example.  There are only a couple of threads, should be easy.

I knew that you left us Island dwellers, but didn't realize about the other stuff...sorry/congrats.
Bet the move to Texas was a bit of a culture shock.

Had dinner a couple nights ago with a sales guy from a warehouse in Dallas who grew up Garden City.
He said that it took him a few months just to adjust to the space and then a few more months to realize there wasn't an ocean close.

He still didn't know his east from his west. Hope you're representing us proudly.
Being in Real Estate, I've made it a point to hit a lot of places around the region... happen to really like it.  Great business climate, far less over regulation like back east, good people and the chicks are out of this world, especially in my hood (Uptown). 

What I miss most you point out - used to live with a view of the sound, I grew up a quarter mile from the beach, so no water sucks. 

But on a Friday where I stopped work 30 min ago, I'm already one beer in at the pool, which on most Saturdays will have not only surprising talent, but a 60/40 good ratio, and get almost everywhere I want by Trolley, walking, scooters or the occasional Lyft? 

Its working out pretty well. Hell, was out an all night warehouse party a couple weeks back that started at 12, we got there at 2, we left at 8.  All AM. 

Ive ####ed up a lot of #### in my life, but so far, middle aged crisis is going just right.

You are the last guy I'd engage with. Your uppity attitude is old and tired.

Good day sir
Im not asking you to engage with me - just please keep to more substantive comments rather than mere digs at other posters with nothing else to say.

Do you regret not voting for HRC?  Are you still proud of voting for neither?

I'm not blaming you but I think a big part of why Trump won was that there were so many voters, like you, that didn't like either one of them and chose to sit it out or vote for a third person.
I don't.  To me the solution needs to come from the DNC but never will as long as they keep shifting right.  Trump is not the disease, merely a symptom.  Sadly, the DNC/DCCC did not learn from their mistakes and are doubling down on marginalizing the progressive voices in the party.

Oh, and I can vote against Ted Cruz. Don't need to be some flaming liberal to get juiced about that opportunity.
We made sure we were registered voters after our move for just this gratification.  (Also, the rep from our district is nuts.)

The FBG politics forum isn't an anti Trump forum though right?

It's intended to be where FBGs go to discuss politics, right?
Correct, which it is.  I was just commenting how several posters have talked about how horribly right leaning posters are treated, when it's simply not true.  

You are the last guy I'd engage with. Your uppity attitude is old and tired.

Good day sir
Not that koya cant defend himself, but the guy (who I never met before) went out of his way to bring my wife and me food (and didnt accept money) while my daughter was dying in the hospital so you are dead wrong about him. I will never forget what he did for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that koya cant defend himself, but the guy (who I never met before) went out of his way to bring my wife and me food (and didnt accept money) while my daughter was dying in the hospital so you are dead wrong about him. I will never forget what he did for us.
Appreciate the kind words, and you all deserved at least that.

Great to see your boy mashing the baseball, gb!

Koya can be pretty excitable but he's a mensch

Correct, which it is.  I was just commenting how several posters have talked about how horribly right leaning posters are treated, when it's simply not true.  
The point is, if someone goes to an obvious advertised Pro Trump board and posts anti Trump stuff, they're going to get treated poorly 

This board isn't supposed to be pro or anti anyone , it's supposed to be a place for us to discuss politics. Yet when anyone posts anything that doesn't line up perfectly with the raging never Trumpers it doesn't go over well at all , does it?

Users who are viewing this thread