What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (2 Viewers)

Is there any situation where I wouldn't want to trade Cain/Putz for Trout? 5x5 H2H league:C - M. Montero1B - Votto2B - Kipnis, Pennington3B - Prado, PlouffeSS - AndrusOF - Cudduyer, Ellsbury, Pence, Heyward, Hunter, Crisp, EthierSP - Cain, Burnett, Fernandez, Hudson, Medlin, ArroyoRP - Putz, Perez, Mujica, Frieri, Herrera, Marmol
if youre in a polish fantasy league

Is there any situation where I wouldn't want to trade Cain/Putz for Trout? 5x5 H2H league:C - M. Montero1B - Votto2B - Kipnis, Pennington3B - Prado, PlouffeSS - AndrusOF - Cudduyer, Ellsbury, Pence, Heyward, Hunter, Crisp, EthierSP - Cain, Burnett, Fernandez, Hudson, Medlin, ArroyoRP - Putz, Perez, Mujica, Frieri, Herrera, Marmol
If you guys don't veto trades, yes run and do it.

That is real lopsided.

Why are you rostering guygs like Pennington and Plouffe?

if youre in a polish fantasy league
Really?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been holding Berkman and Konerko since the start, but someone dropped Marte and I'm SB challenged to say the least. One of these turds need to go. Which over the hill 1B eligible should I dump for Marte?

ETA: Segura was dropped as well. Better option than Marte?

:shrug:

I've been holding Berkman and Konerko since the start, but someone dropped Marte and I'm SB challenged to say the least. One of these turds need to go. Which over the hill 1B eligible should I dump for Marte?

6 team league?
That's funny. You're funny. 10 team with really short benches. H2H and bench spots are filled with SP's because we don't have a per week innings limit. It makes sense to roll with only the minimum hitters so there are a lot of good options on the wire for hitting, not so much for pitching.

Fangraphs is pretty enthusiastic about Fausto Hernandez Carmona and his shiny new change-up. Grabbing in desperation over Hammel and Parker, who were just dropped.

Now, let's just hope he doesn't get mentioned in the thread which must not be named.

Fangraphs is pretty enthusiastic about Fausto Hernandez Carmona and his shiny new change-up. Grabbing in desperation over Hammel and Parker, who were just dropped.Now, let's just hope he doesn't get mentioned in the thread which must not be named.
Good luck. When the change up isn't located the BB's and HR's come in waves. He had 10 BB's in 24 IP's before going gopher against Chicago. I saw the fangraphs article too and while he may be better than he was 2008-2011 it's a tough sell that he's even close to 2007 form again. If he maintains that K rate 4 something/1.3 will be easier to stomach though, and there are K's to be found in his next 3 matchups - KC, Toronto, and San Diego.

Fangraphs is pretty enthusiastic about Fausto Hernandez Carmona and his shiny new change-up. Grabbing in desperation over Hammel and Parker, who were just dropped.Now, let's just hope he doesn't get mentioned in the thread which must not be named.
Good luck. When the change up isn't located the BB's and HR's come in waves. He had 10 BB's in 24 IP's before going gopher against Chicago. I saw the fangraphs article too and while he may be better than he was 2008-2011 it's a tough sell that he's even close to 2007 form again. If he maintains that K rate 4 something/1.3 will be easier to stomach though, and there are K's to be found in his next 3 matchups - KC, Toronto, and San Diego.
Yeah, like I said, it's a desperation move that I'll try out for some soft match-ups.Ran the projections on my staff and it's quickly getting to the point where it won't matter much.ERA's currently at 4.85. Fangraphs projections put me at 4.05 by end of the season with the current staff. A trade for a solid to great, but injured type (Cueto or Grienke) would put it to a projected 3.99.Both are likely last place, with a shot at 2nd or 3rd to last.Not much leverage on even making those types of deals. Even with speed to burn and saves to add in, the rest of the league is so unbelievably bad in steals that they all have hope of a top 3 finish by doing nothing. I've got 50 SBs. 3rd to last place ranges from 27 to 20.I might be able to sell somebody on the value of breaking loose from that stalemate, but we'll see.

Middle reliever's are your friend, use them to get back in the hunt with ratios. I often times have an era around 4 in May, but chip away at it throughout the last 4+ months. Obviously you're playing from a bit behind, but you can still get to middle of the pack at least, I'm sure.

6 team league?
That's funny. You're funny. 10 team with really short benches. H2H and bench spots are filled with SP's because we don't have a per week innings limit. It makes sense to roll with only the minimum hitters so there are a lot of good options on the wire for hitting, not so much for pitching.
Well it's a good question. Segura is currently the #2 MIFer in both avg and OBP leagues and for perspective, the #10 SS is Marwin Gonzalez.

Wish I played in a league with people that dumb. :shrug:

6 team league?
Well it's a good question. Segura is currently the #2 MIFer in both avg and OBP leagues and for perspective, the #10 SS is Marwin Gonzalez.

The league format is what sounds dumb

6 team league?

I'm sure you already do.

With short benches and needing to use those bench spots on pitching, adding an uproven guy like Segura while dropping someone more established can come back to bite you.

6 team league?

That may be the case but I'm living in that house this year so I'm forced to abide by house rules.

6 team league?

I'm sure you already do.

With short benches and needing to use those bench spots on pitching, adding an uproven guy like Segura while dropping someone more established can come back to bite you.
And the opposite can't happen?

6 team league?

I'm sure you already do.

And the opposite can't happen?
It absolutely can but I believe it is less likely.

6 team league?

That may be the case but I'm living in that house this year so I'm forced to abide by house rules.
Agree. Adapting your strategies and player valuations for unique league rules is important.

I don't think Segura's AVG and power are sustainable but his speed should be. Even if his AVG regresses to something with a normal BABIP, he'll still be a top ten fantasy SS. The Brewers got a very nice return for two months of rent-a-Greinke.

If you're going to ask questions like that you should expect to get jabbed.
I disagree. The only questions I had were preferences on players. If you think my league is stupid that is fine and all, but it doesn't help me to just tell me how stupid it is. I came here for opinions on players.

6 team league?

Agree. Adapting your strategies and player valuations for unique league rules is important.

I don't think Segura's AVG and power are sustainable but his speed should be. Even if his AVG regresses to something with a normal BABIP, he'll still be a top ten fantasy SS. The Brewers got a very nice return for two months of rent-a-Greinke.
So you're saying you believe Segura is legit enough to stay a top 10 SS for the year.

If that is the case, should I maybe consider moving Castro for another piece on my roster?

I disagree. The only questions I had were preferences on players. If you think my league is stupid that is fine and all, but it doesn't help me to just tell me how stupid it is. I came here for opinions on players.
I'm just saying you're doing a bad job reading your crowd if you thought you weren't going to get towel whipped for asking those questions.

I'm just saying you're doing a bad job reading your crowd if you thought you weren't going to get towel whipped for asking those questions.
His question was fine.

6 team league?

So you're saying you believe Segura is legit enough to stay a top 10 SS for the year.

If that is the case, should I maybe consider moving Castro for another piece on my roster?
There's not much separating Castro and Segura in 5x5 leagues

:potkettle:

His question was fine.
I thought it was too, just knowing the crowd in here there were going to be those replies, surprised he acted surprised.

I didn't reply because I don't play in shallow leagues and don't really know how to manage them.

Nah, I knw there are a few ### hats in here. When they act like ### hats I'm not surprised.

6 team league?

Not a bad idea, but I suspect you won't be excited about the return.

So far, this has been a great year to avoid Top SS's outside of Tulo. Most people that went cheap at SS are probably happy they did.

So, the guys currently rolling with the Alcides/EverCab/Lowrie types probably aren't looking to give up anything meaningful for an upgrade and anybody really desperate at SS would've picked up Segura by now.

Nothing wrong with trading Castro, but I wouldn't think you could get much for him.

6 team league?

So far, this has been a great year to avoid Top SS's outside of Tulo. Most people that went cheap at SS are probably happy they did.

So, the guys currently rolling with the Alcides/EverCab/Lowrie types probably aren't looking to give up anything meaningful for an upgrade and anybody really desperate at SS would've picked up Segura by now.

Nothing wrong with trading Castro, but I wouldn't think you could get much for him.
Depends on who I'm dealing with. I need to find the right guy who perceives Castro's value higher than maybe it is. I already sent one, aiming real high, offering Castro/Choo for McCutchen. The other guy is rolling with Rollins, and is also in the bottom quarter in the rankings right now.

Nah, I knw there are a few ### hats in here.
There's at least one more than you'd like to think

His question was fine.
I thought it was too
I'm having a tough time reconciling these two bolded statements. Own your opinions man.
I didn't jab him, but I expected others to. I realized when he posted a question a couple of weeks ago that he plays in way too shallow of a league for me to offer any advice when he does ask questions. Don't know how to manage those types of leagues. Also realize there will be the typical 6 team league comment. This is the internet.

His question was fine.
I thought it was too
I'm having a tough time reconciling these two bolded statements. Own your opinions man.
I didn't jab him, but I expected others to. I realized when he posted a question a couple of weeks ago that he plays in way too shallow of a league for me to offer any advice when he does ask questions. Don't know how to manage those types of leagues. Also realize there will be the typical 6 team league comment. This is the internet.
The league is shallow with a wacky setup, but it is challenging because of the short benches. Yes there are great options on the wire most often, but if you drop a guy for the hot bat it can cost you since we're running a marathon and not a sprint here. You may see a lot more hitters on our wire than in a larger league, but it doesn't mean the league isn't still competitive.

In a shallow league like that, Id have no problem dropping Lance & Konerko for Segura and Marte. If it doesnt work out just pick them back up ;)

In a shallow league like that, Id have no problem dropping Lance & Konerko for Segura and Marte. If it doesnt work out just pick them back up ;)
Berkman is already gone for Segura. Konerko can still hit a HR and I need a 1B so he stays. I'm okay without Marte for now I think. Don't really have anyone else to give up for Marte, unless I give up a pitcher and that isn't happening.

6 team league?

Depends on who I'm dealing with. I need to find the right guy who perceives Castro's value higher than maybe it is. I already sent one, aiming real high, offering Castro/Choo for McCutchen. The other guy is rolling with Rollins, and is also in the bottom quarter in the rankings right now.
Why would he trade for Castro when he could have picked up Segura for free?

Why would he trade for Castro when he could have picked up Segura for free?
Perceived value based on names, track records, and potential.

ESPN doesn't hurt either since I think they have Castro as the #2 overall SS now that Reyes is hurt.

Middle reliever's are your friend, use them to get back in the hunt with ratios. I often times have an era around 4 in May, but chip away at it throughout the last 4+ months. Obviously you're playing from a bit behind, but you can still get to middle of the pack at least, I'm sure.
What if you've got 5 closers rostered?

But otherwise I agree. Scavenger wins are also nice.

Users who are viewing this thread