What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (1 Viewer)

If you need a catcher, Salvador Perez was just activated. 2-4 tonight with a home run. Hit .331 in 158 AB's last year.
I picked him up 2 weeks ago after seeing how weel he was doing in Omaha - if you need a long term cacher - he is well worth the waiver.
Yeah I actually drafted him not knowing he was on the 60 day DL :hophead: Now I have Pierzynski. Don't like carrying 2 catchers but I want to pick him up. Anyone you'd drop for himLine-up:PierzynskiTexKipnisReyesWrightA.Jones, Ethier, Harper, Morales, Craig, Middlebrooks, Utley, Rizzo

If you need a catcher, Salvador Perez was just activated. 2-4 tonight with a home run. Hit .331 in 158 AB's last year.
I picked him up 2 weeks ago after seeing how weel he was doing in Omaha - if you need a long term cacher - he is well worth the waiver.
Yeah I actually drafted him not knowing he was on the 60 day DL :hophead: Now I have Pierzynski. Don't like carrying 2 catchers but I want to pick him up. Anyone you'd drop for himLine-up:PierzynskiTexKipnisReyesWrightA.Jones, Ethier, Harper, Morales, Craig, Middlebrooks, Utley, Rizzo
Rizzo isn't here and he's redundant based on your roster, unless you're keeper.

Assuming this is 12 team or less, there is never a reason to roster 2 C's in a 1 C league

Assuming this is 12 team or less, there is never a reason to roster 2 C's in a 1 C league
14 team. I'll probably pass on him. Only gonna play 3-4 times a week right now so he'll probably still be there if I want him

Rizzo isn't here and he's redundant based on your roster, unless you're keeper.
Non keeper. He's suppose to be coming really soon, maybe next home stand, but you're right, got a lot of 1B eligible players, just hoping to trade him or if he hits, Tex so I could improve my outfield/SP

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up morales for Spot start today but I guess he has to be held onto now
I might do the same. It's him or Jair Jurrens. Anyone see Jurrens pitch? How did his stuff look?
Jurrjens looked very good - the question is whether he is compeletely recovered and back to his previous levels or whether that start was adrenalin induced and he will still have some clunkers going forward

I picked up Bauer in my head to head league because he was there and I had to DL Marcum anyway, but now I have him, Hudson and Kennedy from the DBacks on that team...

'Captain Hook said:
'DesertDawg said:
'Smack Tripper said:
Picked up morales for Spot start today but I guess he has to be held onto now
I might do the same. It's him or Jair Jurrens. Anyone see Jurrens pitch? How did his stuff look?
Jurrjens looked very good - the question is whether he is compeletely recovered and back to his previous levels or whether that start was adrenalin induced and he will still have some clunkers going forward
I don't trust him at all.

No way I would drop Lester for that.

Anybody got an opinion between Middlebrooks and Rizzo rest of season?

Drop Lester for Jose Quintana?
Huh?
I'm asking if someone thinks that dropping Jon Lester and picking up Jose Quintana to take his place would be a good idea. Lester has been awful...my other pitchers are Felix, Wade Miley, Lynn, and Bauer.
If you wish to just grab the hot hand every week, more power to you. Miley won't keep doing what he's been doing and Lynn is already regressing. Now you're going to drop Lester for the flavor of the week? Good luck with that.

Anybody got an opinion between Middlebrooks and Rizzo rest of season?
Both...
I've got'em both, but I feel a little more comfortable with Middlebrooks over the course of the season. Both have been killing it all year. Rizzo's been doing it in the PCL. Middlebrooks has been doing it in the IL and MLB. Middlebrooks has shown he can bounce out of slumps at the MLB level. Rizzo hasn't. I have a strong feeling that both will struggle over the last half of the season though. Rizzo still has to prove he's not a AAAA hitter and he's in a putrid lineup.Middlebrooks has .380 BABip, strikes out too much, doesn't take enough walks, and is screaming for a regression.

No way I would drop Lester for that.Anybody got an opinion between Middlebrooks and Rizzo rest of season?
Middlebrooks - already up and hitting major league pitching and will now play every dayRizzo still has to prove he can hit in the Show
Agreed, but if Rizzo is available and I have a roster spot available I'm adding him. I'd rather take the chance on my roster than on an opponents.

No way I would drop Lester for that.Anybody got an opinion between Middlebrooks and Rizzo rest of season?
Middlebrooks - already up and hitting major league pitching and will now play every dayRizzo still has to prove he can hit in the Show
Agreed, but if Rizzo is available and I have a roster spot available I'm adding him. I'd rather take the chance on my roster than on an opponents.

Just dropped Altuve for Rizzo in my 10 team keeper league. I have Phillips as my 2nd baseman. I have not seen this Rizzo guy play, but he seems to be a really big deal. Might as well get in on the stock while its low.

Sal Perez playin AAA on rehab assignment. If you want to invest in a good young catcher, get him now before he is called back up to the big club. Dude can hit.
:goodposting:
Just cut Arencibia for him. Might've been a mistake and I'm sure Arencibia has a 2 HR game today, but it was time for a change. Hoping d'Arnaud gets called up soon anyway.
d'Arnaud tore his PCL sliding into a base. No surgery but out 6-8 weeksBluejays are dropping like flies

'Smack Tripper said:
Hochevar, do I dare trust him? good division
I want to but won't. He's great one game, awful the next and the opponents don't seem to matter so playing match-ups is tough.

'Smack Tripper said:
Hochevar, do I dare trust him? good division
I want to but won't. He's great one game, awful the next and the opponents don't seem to matter so playing match-ups is tough.
Two straight good starts after 100+ mediocre ones don't sway me. He's been in that division and ballpark his entire career.
Gallardo, Wainwright and Anibal Sanchez lately have not necessarily been to kind to me. But I'm still trying to make up ground for what Hochevar did to me in April. :wall:

Padres call up Kip Wells who is in search of that elusive 100th Major League loss; he's been holding at 67-99 since his last appearance in 2009.

He has a 1.74 WHIP in 38 PCL innings this year. I don't think Petco can help him.

Edwar Cabrera called up from AA to Colorado if you're daring enough for Rockies pitchers. Very good Texas League stats this year except for a scary high HR/9 number.

Andrew Cashner is also coming up as a starter this time. I've stashed him in Cakeleeg and might give him spot starts at Petco once he's stretched to a high enough pitch count

Looking for the next Rizzo. Who is out there that might get brought up soon that could be effective? I have heard names like Arenado and Wil Myers mentioned. Are either of these guys legit? Any other names to keep an eye on?

Also pitching. I have Hultzen on my roster already. Bauer is gone. Any names to look out for that will be a difference maker for my team?

Thanks.

Looking for the next Rizzo. Who is out there that might get brought up soon that could be effective? I have heard names like Arenado and Wil Myers mentioned. Are either of these guys legit? Any other names to keep an eye on?Also pitching. I have Hultzen on my roster already. Bauer is gone. Any names to look out for that will be a difference maker for my team?Thanks.
Cashner for me.

Looking for the next Rizzo. Who is out there that might get brought up soon that could be effective? I have heard names like Arenado and Wil Myers mentioned. Are either of these guys legit? Any other names to keep an eye on?Also pitching. I have Hultzen on my roster already. Bauer is gone. Any names to look out for that will be a difference maker for my team?Thanks.
Hultzen is the real deal - the Mariners wanted to let him play in the AA All Star game and then promote him to AAA - I would now expect him up after the All Star break which is two weeksMyers is the best hitting prospect now but has to wait until the Royals clear a spot in the lineup or just want him up - ETA is anytime between post ASB to ? later in the yearArenado is still the 3B of the future for the Rockies but not as good so far this year as last so while I still think he will be up this year I have no idea whenWe always get stuck on these things because team needs take precedence over promoting the best minor leaguer One other key thing is that many of the best minor league prospects will be in the Futures All Star game (Sunday before the ASB which I think is July 8) - most clubs want their prospect to play in that as a reward and for the competition etc so unless there is a drastic need they won't bring them up now and have them miss thatDiamondbacks to recall Patrick Corbin this week - he was terrible in his call up earlier in the year but he was clearly the best of the Diamondbacks pitchers in spring training this year - better than Miley and better than Bauer - I think he will succeed but we don't know how long he will be back up this time (waiting on Daniel Hudson's MRI due today/tomorrow)

I think it's time to stream any pitcher throwing against the Dodgers. Their AAA style lineup hasn't scored any runs in soon to be 3 games and they just lost their last productive hitter Either to an oblique strain

Hultzen is the real deal - the Mariners wanted to let him play in the AA All Star game and then promote him to AAA - I would now expect him up after the All Star break which is two weeks
Does this change with Milwood getting hurt again and facing a posible DL stint?

Hultzen is the real deal - the Mariners wanted to let him play in the AA All Star game and then promote him to AAA - I would now expect him up after the All Star break which is two weeks
Does this change with Milwood getting hurt again and facing a posible DL stint?
Would seem unlikely but nobody really knows And btw the Rockies GM said that unless injuries change their plans they won't bring Arenado up until his AA team finishes the season.......what I saw implied that his maturity level didn't match his talent level

The Dodgers signed 21 year old Cuban defector OF Yasiel Puig to a 7/$42M contract. That's crazy money for a guy who Ben Badler of BA said wouldn't be a top ten prospect in most farm systems. I hope it all goes wrong for the Dodgers and Senor Puig invests wisely.

'Captain Hook said:
Hultzen is the real deal - the Mariners wanted to let him play in the AA All Star game and then promote him to AAA - I would now expect him up after the All Star break which is two weeksMyers is the best hitting prospect now but has to wait until the Royals clear a spot in the lineup or just want him up - ETA is anytime between post ASB to ? later in the yearArenado is still the 3B of the future for the Rockies but not as good so far this year as last so while I still think he will be up this year I have no idea whenWe always get stuck on these things because team needs take precedence over promoting the best minor leaguer One other key thing is that many of the best minor league prospects will be in the Futures All Star game (Sunday before the ASB which I think is July 8) - most clubs want their prospect to play in that as a reward and for the competition etc so unless there is a drastic need they won't bring them up now and have them miss thatDiamondbacks to recall Patrick Corbin this week - he was terrible in his call up earlier in the year but he was clearly the best of the Diamondbacks pitchers in spring training this year - better than Miley and better than Bauer - I think he will succeed but we don't know how long he will be back up this time (waiting on Daniel Hudson's MRI due today/tomorrow)
Wil Myers won't be up this year...Jake Odorizzi is the next prospect in line to be called up from Omaha but Myers won't be called up because they don't want to start his clock. Add that to Cain coming back to replace Dyson and I don't know where they put him unless they trade Francouer or Gordon (neither likely to be moved).

Hey guys, so I need a little help with stolen bases. I'm looking at two guys and not sure who to go after.

Gerardo Parra or Eric Young Jr. Will one see significant more AB's than the other? Are both backup players? I just saw Parra was batting lead off the other day. Also saw there's a chance Young might be put in at 2nd base and could get some good AB's that way.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

meh - both are part time players. Young would be a major threat with playing time but he is not going to get it in Colorado

Hey guys, so I need a little help with stolen bases. I'm looking at two guys and not sure who to go after. Gerardo Parra or Eric Young Jr. Will one see significant more AB's than the other? Are both backup players? I just saw Parra was batting lead off the other day. Also saw there's a chance Young might be put in at 2nd base and could get some good AB's that way. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Parra. He's been productive and has a good enough glove to get regular playing time as a fourth OF. Chris Young hasn't done anything since coming off the DL so there's a possibility Parra will cut into his time as well.Eric Young is not a 2B. Tulowitzki's injury was the opportunity for this to happen and it didn't. It'll take a couple of more injuries for him to get regular playing time.

I picked up Brian Roberts on a flyer before he came back and have been underwhelmed. Wondering if there's anything left here.

Also saw there's a chance Young might be put in at 2nd base and could get some good AB's that way.
Saw that where?
Roto. Sorry, I probably looked too much into what they said, but it sounds as if they are saying there is a chance...
Despite starting only nine games and logging just 84 plate appearances this season, Young already has 10 stolen bases. He stole 27 bases last year, despite starting just 37 games and logging just 229 plate appearances. You get the drill. The speedy 27-year-old has a knack for making the most out of limited opportunities on the basepaths. The Rockies haven't given him a chance at second base yet this season, but one wonders if he could be worked into the mix with Marco Scutaro, Jonathan Herrera and Chris Nelson now that Troy Tulowitzki will likely be out until mid-August at the earliest. Just something to think about.

I picked up Brian Roberts on a flyer before he came back and have been underwhelmed. Wondering if there's anything left here.
I don't think so. If you're desperate for 2b help and he qualifies, that Herrera guy in LA hasn't been horrible

Users who are viewing this thread