What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (1 Viewer)

Thoughts on Gregorious? Lost my only backup SS in Rutledge for a little bit. Big numbers but don't know anything about him or playing time in the future with Arizona.

Thoughts on Gregorious? Lost my only backup SS in Rutledge for a little bit. Big numbers but don't know anything about him or playing time in the future with Arizona.
Minors profile says what he is doing currently is just a hot streak, if your options are that thin I'd roll the dice on LeMahieu if you're looking for a MI, Rutledge's replacement. Similar profile, but he plays his home games in Coors - 4 games vs. the Stros next week and the rest are at home. If you're limited to SS you may not have any other choice though.

Thank you for your short schedule help, Mr. Yan Gomes. Now, the more difficult question, do I keep you around and plug in when you're starting so my empty stats of Avila, Victor, and Mesoraco can ride pine a couple nights/week. Easier issue, back to the watch list Mr. Kazmir. Still optimistic, but next 4 scheduled starts are Boston, Texas, Detroit, and the Yanks. No thanks, see you in June. Maybe.
Grabbed Gomes.I think I'm going to roll with a very odd Gattis/Gomes platoon for a little while, as opposed to my personal WW band of empty stats guys (Perez and Salty). I wouldn't normally do it, but with both being eligible elsewhere, there's some nice flexibility (on the rare nights when they'd both start).

Thank you for your short schedule help, Mr. Yan Gomes. Now, the more difficult question, do I keep you around and plug in when you're starting so my empty stats of Avila, Victor, and Mesoraco can ride pine a couple nights/week. Easier issue, back to the watch list Mr. Kazmir. Still optimistic, but next 4 scheduled starts are Boston, Texas, Detroit, and the Yanks. No thanks, see you in June. Maybe.
Grabbed Gomes.I think I'm going to roll with a very odd Gattis/Gomes platoon for a little while, as opposed to my personal WW band of empty stats guys (Perez and Salty). I wouldn't normally do it, but with both being eligible elsewhere, there's some nice flexibility (on the rare nights when they'd both start).
I hate wasting two spots on catcher, but I've been thinking about doing the same as Arencibia is dreadful.

Minors profile says what he is doing currently is just a hot streak, if your options are that thin I'd roll the dice on LeMahieu if you're looking for a MI, Rutledge's replacement. Similar profile, but he plays his home games in Coors - 4 games vs. the Stros next week and the rest are at home. If you're limited to SS you may not have any other choice though.
Thanks, appreciate the help. Rutledge was actually my only backup for 2B and SS, so I could use help on either of those positions...will look into Lemahieu.

40 man dynasty league, thankfully with daily rosters. Victor gets one spot, but Avila was supposed to get the other and is obviously not panning out. Had Mesoraco to toss in there whenever Avila was sitting, but with Gomes instead hopefully I can just start him whenever he plays and whenever he doesn't see who the others match up against. Avila sitting vs. a righty yesterday coming off an off day Monday was very troubling but then Gomes went yard again anyway. I could get used to this ehadache.

Thanks, appreciate the help. Rutledge was actually my only backup for 2B and SS, so I could use help on either of those positions...will look into Lemahieu.
Freddy Galvis should be in line for some playing time if Utley goes on the DL. I added him in the deep Cakeleeg (where pretty much anybody with a pulse is rostered) in hope of a couple of SB.

I hate wasting two spots on catcher, but I've been thinking about doing the same as Arencibia is dreadful.
I used to hate it too, but I think it depends on the GP and league set up.We switched to GP by position a couple of years ago (as opposed to a lump sum of GP), so I've gone to 2 C's more often (as well as SS, where I used to only carry one).We used to be able to play a relatively small number of C/SS games and let the CI/OF games make up the difference, so it was usually advantageous to only carry one C/SS.Now, you really have to carry 2 to hit the limits.

MAC_32 said:
I guess his defense is that bad? No reason to make the move for offensive purposes.
He's got a .303 OBP in 464 PAs. He's a well below average hitter so far.
His replacement isn't any better, 294/325/392 in 306 AB's vs. 263/303/429 in 434 AB's. Rutledge has the minor league profile of a potential regular, LeMathieu has the profile of a AAAA type. 315/362/411 in 625 AAA AB's? Bleh.

I understand him not having any rope beyond this year as Collorado has some MI talent in the minors, but this is silly.

Anyone cut bait with Salvador Perez? The 300 average is nice, but man, 1 HR and a dozen runs and RBI.

Picked up Grandal, and am thinking about picking up Gomes and dropping Perez.

Anything to see here with Galvis? With Kinsler on the shelf I'm rolling with Kelly Johnson but have no backup. Looking at Punto and Galvis pretty much. Daily points league, so the category stuff really doesn't matter...just need PTS.

Anyone cut bait with Salvador Perez? The 300 average is nice, but man, 1 HR and a dozen runs and RBI.

Picked up Grandal, and am thinking about picking up Gomes and dropping Perez.
Hold on, picking up Grandal is a good call to see if he does better (maybe Sal's hip really is an issue) but due to sheer playing time I can't see Gomes being a long term upgrade to Perez. In 584 career AB's he has 70/15/75/.313.

Anything to see here with Galvis? With Kinsler on the shelf I'm rolling with Kelly Johnson but have no backup. Looking at Punto and Galvis pretty much. Daily points league, so the category stuff really doesn't matter...just need PTS.
Depending on the points structure LeMathieu may make more sense. In daily leagues I prefer my backups to be west coast guys so I can sub them in if my regular is out - later game. He has good matchups next week and with his obp should be a good source for counting stats...so, it depends if you get that many more points for power/steals relative to counting stats.

Burn my #3 waiver on Gausman? Guys like Myers/Taveras/Wheeler are already owned.
Waiver priority? Nah. May not be up for long, could be another Cingrani type of situation. Definitely add him if he clears waivers though.
Why wouldnt he be up for long? Have you seen the dregs the Orioles roll out every day at SP?
He has the heat, but he still needs some developing on his secondary pitches. Heat will work against major league bats for a bit, but they will adjust, unfair to expect Gausman to adjust back this early in his career. Used Cingani as an example because his deception worked for 3 starts, but not so much once major leaguer's had tape on him. Expect him to be sent back down once they've identified what he needs to work on in hopes that they can deploy him later in the season once he's more refined.

Burn my #3 waiver on Gausman? Guys like Myers/Taveras/Wheeler are already owned.
Waiver priority? Nah. May not be up for long, could be another Cingrani type of situation. Definitely add him if he clears waivers though.
Why wouldnt he be up for long? Have you seen the dregs the Orioles roll out every day at SP?
He has the heat, but he still needs some developing on his secondary pitches. Heat will work against major league bats for a bit, but they will adjust, unfair to expect Gausman to adjust back this early in his career. Used Cingani as an example because his deception worked for 3 starts, but not so much once major leaguer's had tape on him. Expect him to be sent back down once they've identified what he needs to work on in hopes that they can deploy him later in the season once he's more refined.
Cingrani had no spot in the rotation once Cueto came back. Thats why he was sent down.

Performances of 6 ip/4 er/5 k/1 bb, 4 ip/2 er/4 k/2 bb, and 5 ip/3 er/4 k/2 bb helped too. If he had three more outings similar to his first three they'd have found a way to keep him in the form of Mike Leake...who has pitched surprisingly well, but would have been moved to long relief (maybe a 6 man rotation) if Cingrani had forced the Reds' hand.

shadyridr said:
MAC_32 said:
shadyridr said:
MAC_32 said:
Annyong said:
Cingrani had no spot in the rotation once Cueto came back. Thats why he was sent down.
Everything Ive read suggests they want him to stick and he'll be given the chance to stay if he performs. Whether or not he does remains to be seen.

MAC_32 said:
Bobcat10 said:
Depending on the points structure LeMathieu may make more sense. In daily leagues I prefer my backups to be west coast guys so I can sub them in if my regular is out - later game. He has good matchups next week and with his obp should be a good source for counting stats...so, it depends if you get that many more points for power/steals relative to counting stats.
SBs are 2pts, everything else 1pt (rbi, r, tb, etc). Never heard of this cat LeM interestingly enough. What sucks is this league is on CBS and they still don't even know how to run a daily league yet...lineups completely lock at first pitch of the day. First time we did daily there and we're paying the consequences. On my other site I agree I like west coast backups.Punto is on waivers...might wait til tomorrow when he clears and snag him instead of these guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been waiver wiring outfielders for a few weeks (with injuries to Cuddyer...and now with Granderson hurt again).

Any opinions on the following?

Dayan Viciedo

JD Martinez

David Murphy

Leoyns Martin

Been waiver wiring outfielders for a few weeks (with injuries to Cuddyer...and now with Granderson hurt again).

Dayan Viciedo

JD Martinez

David Murphy

Leoyns Martin
If you need speed, I'd go with Martin. Otherwise, I'd probably go Viciedo. But with him cooling down, I could see riding Murphy instead. I like Viciedo more for the season though.

Dayan Viciedo

JD Martinez

David Murphy

Leoyns Martin
If you need speed, I'd go with Martin. Otherwise, I'd probably go Viciedo. But with him cooling down, I could see riding Murphy instead. I like Viciedo more for the season though.
Points league...10 teamer...but we play 5 OF.

I have Viciedo right now...but Murphy and Martinez looked intriguing lately...then I saw the Martin kid popping up (just wish he got more playing time)

Been waiver wiring outfielders for a few weeks (with injuries to Cuddyer...and now with Granderson hurt again). Any opinions on the following?Dayan ViciedoJD MartinezDavid MurphyLeoyns Martin
Murphy while hot, he does this a couple times per year

12 team 5x5 non keeper with W+QS as a cat. I am looking at these available pitchers on waivers...

Lackey

Wheeler

Gausman

Willams

Danks

McCallister

De La Rosa

I have these names curently on my roster who could be likely drop candidates.

Doubront

Hammel

Hanson

Feldman

Also have position player, D. Espinosa whom I am losing patience with

I have limited waiver moves available for the season (11 out of 15 remaining) so I don't want to make too many off the cuff moves, but I am thinking I can improve my roster here. Lester, Wheeler, and Williams look especially appealing to me. What combinations, if any, would you recommend? What would be your drop order of the names I listed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate catchers...

H2H CBS points league

Do I stick with Ianetta?

Roll with the ups and downs of Buck or Arrencibia.

Or go back to AJ Pierz now that he is back?

I picked up castro at catcher as hes been red hot. Kind of pissed i didnt pick up gattis in my weekly league. I knew hed get two starts at least this week being at DH. He puts up more pts in his two starts vs any catcher i had all week.

I picked up castro at catcher as hes been red hot. Kind of pissed i didnt pick up gattis in my weekly league. I knew hed get two starts at least this week being at DH. He puts up more pts in his two starts vs any catcher i had all week.
Picked up Castro too, he has two games in Coors. Grandal's back but I want to see how much he's going to be utilized and how well he hits before getting pot committed - probably going to keep a plan B in the meantime. Starting Yasmani tonight, haven't decided the next two nights yet, will re-evaluate thereafter. Ground to make up though. The trio of Avila, Ellis, and Salty mashed their way to a 16/6/17/0/.326 (OBP) line while I waited on the druggie. Woo-hoo?

Picked up Castro too, he has two games in Coors. Grandal's back but I want to see how much he's going to be utilized and how well he hits before getting pot committed - probably going to keep a plan B in the meantime. Starting Yasmani tonight, haven't decided the next two nights yet, will re-evaluate thereafter. Ground to make up though. The trio of Avila, Ellis, and Salty mashed their way to a 16/6/17/0/.326 (OBP) line while I waited on the druggie. Woo-hoo?
we have $1 pickups. I have spent $5 on catchers this year... Drafted lucroy, added gattis, ruiz, perez, grandal, and castro. Souldve just stuck with gattis

I have Gattis and just picked up Grandal. Hoping Grandal comes back with a fury.

For a deep (20 team) league, which of these catchers do you like best going forward this season - Jaso, Ianette, Avila, Kratz, Navarro, Castillo... all are pretty crappy, Avila is my current and likely the one I'm still highest on but his 175/261/286 is so ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread