What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add Ridley? (1 Viewer)

grosx2

Footballguy
Hey guys, 12-team full PPR, redraft, no limit on FA/waiver pickups, starters are 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1DP, 1DST, 1K.  Four Bench spots and one IR.

Here is my current team:

QB - C Newton

RB - J Conner, K Johnson, A Collins, L Bell (IR)

WR - D Adams, J Brown, D Thomas, C Godwin, A Cooper

TE - T Kelce, OJ Howard (grabbed him off waivers last week to cover Kelce's upcoming bye)

DP - L David

DST - currently Pats

K - D Bailey

So I'm currently 6-1, about to be 7-1.  Next best teams in my division are 3-4 (other division is much stronger overall), so I'm obviously starting to look to the playoffs.  Have a 6.4 point lead heading into tonight with the Pats DST going; my opponent is done.  C Ridley is currently a FA, I'm thinking I should drop the Pats DST and grab Ridley today, since I don't need any more points this week.  Then I would drop a receiver and grab a DST off waivers later this week.

What do you guys think about this plan?  If you like it, which receiver would you drop for Ridley?  Obviously not Adams or Brown, would like to see how Cooper looks on the Cowboys, also want to see if Thomas gets traded before the deadline.  As far as Ridley vs Godwin, Ridley seems to have the higher ceiling, but Godwin seems to have the higher floor.  The Bucs QB situation is currently up in the air, but the Falcons haven't been great this year either.

Thanks for any help!

I don't have an issue doing something like this.  As far as who to drop I would probably drop DT because he hasn't been anything more than waiver wire replacement level this year.  I would wait to see if there is anything to him being traded but in general he hasn't looked good this year. 

Thanks guys for the input.  I went ahead and dropped the Pats DST and added Ridley.  Let's say that Thomas gets traded in the next day....I'd want to see how he looks on his new team, same as with Cooper.  So is Godwin the drop then?  Will need to drop someone to pick up a DST for week 9.  Nice that I can wait until after the deadline to make my waiver claims!

Thanks guys for the input.  I went ahead and dropped the Pats DST and added Ridley.  Let's say that Thomas gets traded in the next day....I'd want to see how he looks on his new team, same as with Cooper.  So is Godwin the drop then?  Will need to drop someone to pick up a DST for week 9.  Nice that I can wait until after the deadline to make my waiver claims!
DT has looked washed up.  I wouldn't expect a big turnaround with a trade.  Plus it will take him a couple weeks to get into the swing for whatever team he goes to.  It's not like he will go to a team and immediately be the #1 guy.  Any contender trying to trade for him will be looking for a veteran presence but not going to force feed him the ball.  I would have no issue dropping him regardless.  The only teams that might change my mind would be the Packers or Patriots but I don't see either of those teams going after him.

Users who are viewing this thread