What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Addai Questionable For Sunday (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
What a disaster this guy has been.

From RotoWorld:

Joseph Addai was a late addition to the Colts' injury report for Week 14. He is listed as questionable with a knee injury.

Addai was "limited" in Friday's practice, though, and that he did some drills is promising. It's possible that the Colts only put him on the injury report as a precaution, and Indianapolis regularly lists players as "questionable" rather than probable even when they are expected to play. Still, Addai owners will need to have Dominic Rhodes ready and check the early inactives on Sunday. The Colts host Cincinnati in a 1:00PM ET game.

Source: NFL.com

Related: Dominic Rhodes

The bigger problem here is now you can't trust Addai in another great matchup. Even if he starts, you can't be sure he'll finish the game or that (like last week) he won't end up getting benched while Rhodes takes over as the No. 1 RB. Huge fantasy week. Great fantasy matchup for Addai and he could s**t the bed again.

Like I said - the guy has been an unmitigated disaster this season.

Whenever there is an easy match up this guys hurt.

This makes it tough to start Addai - Colt's get up early, rest Addai, and the Rhodes gets all the garbage time.

a bit off topic, as i'm a Wayne owner, but this season there seems to be a correlation between the Colts offense and under performing against weaker teams and defenses.

a bit off topic, as i'm a Wayne owner, but this season there seems to be a correlation between the Colts offense and under performing against weaker teams and defenses.
I expect the colts to put up a lot of points in this game; however more of Addai's points will be shifted towards Rhodes.

I have Rhodes, if Addai doesn't play, due I play Rhodes vs. Cinci, or Chris Johnson vs. Cleveland...CJ has been hot and cold.

I have Rhodes, if Addai doesn't play, due I play Rhodes vs. Cinci, or Chris Johnson vs. Cleveland...CJ has been hot and cold.
Thats more of an AC questions(go with CJ) but this brings up a strategy that some people may be playing. This match up does seem too good to pass up and I have a feeling that Wayne and Harrison will be given A LOT of attention opening up some running lanes, Cincy is also pretty banged up as a team.In a case like this, for most owners in their first or second weekend of the playoffs, this match up seems too good to pass up as opposed to other match ups they may have.Do you roll the dice and use Rhodes as an RB2/Flex play and play them both(if addai is declared active sunday)? It does leave you at a disadvantage as you are basically using two starting roster spots to get the colts team rushing stats, which could be high.I think those who handcuffed rhodes are hoping JA is declared inactive this weekend but if he is not, I have been giving strong consideration to playing them both to avoid guessing wrong.

You're not kidding. He's nearly cost me the last two weeks...only single digit scorer I had in my lineup both times.

Doesnt matter I was playing Hillis over him anyway but I pray hes out for the season so I can start Rhodes in 2 juicy matchups the next 2 weeks. Addai is a waste.

argh... waiting all year for the cake playoff schedule.. didn't make trades at the deadline waiting for these next couple of weeks and now this. argh. :angry:

argh... waiting all year for the cake playoff schedule.. didn't make trades at the deadline waiting for these next couple of weeks and now this. argh. :thumbup:
No kidding. And he's a guy that will go somewhat instead of just sitting and letting rhodes take over. If he were to just sit I would be giddy....And after that stinker last week against Cleveland he should definitely sit...

I own Addai and Rhodes....

Seeing that it IS Cinncinati and in Indy, I'd expect that if Addai isn't 100%, they will sit him and give Rhodes the start.

Dreaded GTD.

Da###t! :confused:

Traded for this loser in Wk4 hoping he'd emerge a beast for the FF playoff stretch with that soft, soft schedule.

Unbelievable.

If this guy goes higher than the 2nd round in 12-team serpentine redrafts next year, I'll be shocked.

Da###t! :lol:Traded for this loser in Wk4 hoping he'd emerge a beast for the FF playoff stretch with that soft, soft schedule.Unbelievable.If this guy goes higher than the 2nd round in 12-team serpentine redrafts next year, I'll be shocked.
i did the same thing, traded away brandon jacobs for him. big mistake. i'm hoping he sits and lets rhodes play.

Thinking of going Hillis, Cotchery or Santonio Holmes thoughts?PPR
I owned Addai last year and glad I avoided this year.But I am not avoiding your question -- I like Hillis in PPR since he is active in the pass game too.Cotch is too up and down. I think the most reliable NYJ passing game member is Keller (I own Favre and had Coles so am familiar with that whole story.)Holmes scares me a bit vs. a rejuvenated Dallas D and the field conditions should be sloggy.

Da###t! :thumbup:

Traded for this loser in Wk4 hoping he'd emerge a beast for the FF playoff stretch with that soft, soft schedule.

Unbelievable.

If this guy goes higher than the 2nd round in 12-team serpentine redrafts next year, I'll be shocked.
I was shocked to read this in the fantasy roundtable article:Where do you think Wayne and Addai will be drafted next season in redraft leagues (at their respective positions)?

JEFF TEFERTILLER: With a strong finish to the season, I expect Addai to go in the top five picks.

Whew,good thing I can put MBIII in... oh wait... I'm guessing Rhodes is the sneaky play this week....
I expect the colts to put up a lot of points in this game; however more of Addai's points will be shifted towards Rhodes.
You're not kidding. He's nearly cost me the last two weeks...only single digit scorer I had in my lineup both times.
Thinking of going Hillis, Cotchery or Santonio Holmes thoughts?PPR
I owned Addai last year and glad I avoided this year.But I am not avoiding your question -- I like Hillis in PPR since he is active in the pass game too.Cotch is too up and down. I think the most reliable NYJ passing game member is Keller (I own Favre and had Coles so am familiar with that whole story.)Holmes scares me a bit vs. a rejuvenated Dallas D and the field conditions should be sloggy.
Well, it could be worse - you could have Barber, who is definitely NOT a stud, according to some on this board.......
Or you could own both!! :thumbup:
Keep it comin folks... :)

Pierre Thomas and Deangelo Williams are starting to look like attractive options on my bench. I'm sick of seeing Addai come out around the goal line and the team give it to Rhodes 3 or 4 times...

Pierre Thomas and Deangelo Williams are starting to look like attractive options on my bench. I'm sick of seeing Addai come out around the goal line and the team give it to Rhodes 3 or 4 times...
You aint kidding its frustrating because Addai is the better goaline back and if anyone gets close to Rhodes inside the 5 yd line he falls down. I dont see what Dungy sees in Rhodes and im not saying this because im an Addai owner.What really sucks is that Addai has Detroit next week and owners who were salivating for this matchup will really have to pay close attention to injury reports.

You aint kidding its frustrating because Addai is the better goaline back and if anyone gets close to Rhodes inside the 5 yd line he falls down. I dont see what Dungy sees in Rhodes and im not saying this because im an Addai owner.
He sees a RB who's run harder most of the season and, most importantly, isn't made of tissue. Rhodes has been the superior RB this season in my opinion.As an Addai owner I hope he sits tomorrow. That way I can go to Rhodes and not worry about it. My fear is we'll see a repeat of last week - Addai starts and Rhodes finishes. If you start Addai, you're gambling that he will at least score a TD (which he almost did last week) and give you solid production at the very least. But if he doesn't score then like last week he s**ts the bed in a great matchup and you've wasted a roster spot on him. This is a very tough spot for Addai owners. If you have a clearly better option, then I don't think you can start him. But if you don't have a better option or your next-best option is Rhodes, you have a decision to make. Do you start Addai and hope for the best or do you go with Rhodes thinking he's the sneaky play here? The real bad news is despite this great matchup, the chances of Addai putting up strong RB1 numbers are pretty much gone given this latest turn of events. And I'm with Addai's Adidas. I hate the fact the season is almost over because I love the football season. But on the other hand I can't wait for it to be over so I can get rid of this bum and never have him on my roster again.

You aint kidding its frustrating because Addai is the better goaline back and if anyone gets close to Rhodes inside the 5 yd line he falls down. I dont see what Dungy sees in Rhodes and im not saying this because im an Addai owner.
He sees a RB who's run harder most of the season and, most importantly, isn't made of tissue. Rhodes has been the superior RB this season in my opinion.As an Addai owner I hope he sits tomorrow. That way I can go to Rhodes and not worry about it. My fear is we'll see a repeat of last week - Addai starts and Rhodes finishes. If you start Addai, you're gambling that he will at least score a TD (which he almost did last week) and give you solid production at the very least. But if he doesn't score then like last week he s**ts the bed in a great matchup and you've wasted a roster spot on him. This is a very tough spot for Addai owners. If you have a clearly better option, then I don't think you can start him. But if you don't have a better option or your next-best option is Rhodes, you have a decision to make. Do you start Addai and hope for the best or do you go with Rhodes thinking he's the sneaky play here? The real bad news is despite this great matchup, the chances of Addai putting up strong RB1 numbers are pretty much gone given this latest turn of events. And I'm with Addai's Adidas. I hate the fact the season is almost over because I love the football season. But on the other hand I can't wait for it to be over so I can get rid of this bum and never have him on my roster again.
Im with you. I play in a non ppr league and have Bush, Brown, and Slaton in addition to Addai. Instead of playing Addai im going with Bush and Slaton and for my flex Greg Jennings will replace Addai unless the weather is bad then I will turn to Ronnie Brown. I simply cannot start Addai im praying though that next week Addai is healthy against the Lions. Im in a keeper league where we keep 2 and havent ruled out keeping Addai as it stands now my keepers would be Slaton/Brees and Bush. I apologize if im going to indepth with my team just want people to get an idea of how I value Addai.

If you made it this far with Addai and are still playing, I tip my hat to you . . .
I can't win my league title this year thanks in large part to Addai busting. But I can still win a lot of money for total points so I was really hoping Addai would come through this week in a cake matchup.

If you made it this far with Addai and are still playing, I tip my hat to you . . .
I dont know how Ive done it. Honestly I dont have a stud backup either.
Chris Johnson significantly outperforming his draft position and some real good and often great production with my WRs (PPR league) have been the keys for me. I can only imagine what might have been if Addai hadn't been such a worthless piece of garbage. An Addai-Johnson duo might have been dynamic.Oh well.

Can this be pinned for any updated info this morning before gametime as they go through warmups?

Users who are viewing this thread