What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adding Laughing Emoji Back - Please Be Cool With This (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Folks,

We're going to give it another try with the laughing emoji as one of the response choices. 

The big thing here is we want to use it for laughing WITH people.

Never to laugh AT people. 

It had been abused enough we finally removed it a while back.

I'm willing to give it a try again and see if people can be more cool this time.

Please let's try to make this work. 

Thanks.

Hi Folks,

We're going to give it another try with the laughing emoji as one of the response choices. 

The big thing here is we want to use it for laughing WITH people.

Never to laugh AT people. 

It had been abused enough we finally removed it a while back.

I'm willing to give it a try again and see if people can be more cool this time.

Please let's try to make this work. 

Thanks.

Yoga pants on the table too? 😉

I assume there is a quick hook on those that effed it up before. Cause it's gonna happen again. Target the users acting like tools though; not...that.
Oh there was certainly one user in particular who abused both the laughing emoji and now the crying emoji.

But I'm sure that person has seen the error of their ways and probably even offers insightful responses to posts now...

This isn't hard.   People were using that button on posts where people were talking about their families struggling with covid and stuff.  That's the type of #### that got it taken away.   Laughing at people who are obviously telling a joke or trying to be funny? I don't think that is what Joe is telling us not to do.  

This isn't hard.   People were using that button on posts where people were talking about their families struggling with covid and stuff.  That's the type of #### that got it taken away.   Laughing at people who are obviously telling a joke or trying to be funny? I don't think that is what Joe is telling us not to do.  
Come on man.  If that happened, it may have been an extremely isolated case.

People were whining about it being used on troll posts, which are 100% funny to some of us.  It's amazing someone can whine about an emoji so much.  Either enjoy the "likes" if that's important to you or get some thicker skin or just step away for a weekend and get some perspective.  In my best Allen Iverson voice, we talking about emojis.

People were whining about it being used on troll posts, which are 100% funny to some of us.  It's amazing someone can whine about an emoji so much.  Either enjoy the "likes" if that's important to you or get some thicker skin or just step away for a weekend and get some perspective.  In my best Allen Iverson voice, we talking about emojis.
Certain posters have taken to using both the laughing and crying emoji as a substitute for "nuh-uh", instead of posting substantive discussion.  While that's not necessarily a problem, when taken to extremes of using it on virtually every single post, it's not hard to see why that might be annoying to other posters. 

Certain posters have taken to using both the laughing and crying emoji as a substitute for "nuh-uh", instead of posting substantive discussion.  While that's not necessarily a problem, when taken to extremes of using it on virtually every single post, it's not hard to see why that might be annoying to other posters. 
Who cares?  Its just a damn emoji.  If they were replying to every single post with it clogging up threads then you have a legitimate complaint. 

It wasn't isolated, but I get it you are backing up your teammate.     I'm not losing sleep over an emoji, but it's clear from Joe what he wants with these threads, and it's telling when everybody knows exactly who people are talking about.     It's not that hard to respect the wishes of the owner of the board or move on, either.   

It wasn't isolated, but I get it you are backing up your teammate.     I'm not losing sleep over an emoji, but it's clear from Joe what he wants with these threads, and it's telling when everybody knows exactly who people are talking about.     It's not that hard to respect the wishes of the owner of the board or move on, either.   
I'm not backing up a teammate because I don't even know who you're talking about.  Jeez you're clearly making this a sides thing like you do everything else.  I'll stop responding about your whining regarding the emojis.  You do you.

And I'm not disrespecting the wishes of the owner so don't try to spin that nonsense.  How about you not try to be the judge of someone else's use of an emoji?

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone that received more than his fair share of this emoji and therefore has suffered yugely from cyber bullying and emotional scarring as a result, I humbly request the term “father Trump” be released from the phantom zone to help the healing process.  
:goodposting:

You are dead on, one side was cyber bullied far more than the other…yet the other side whined about it more and got it taken away…..then whined about it even more. 

It’s today’s culture we live in, Vladimir Putin is active on Twitter to this day…..but Trump has to be cancelled. 😂

Politics as usual. 

:goodposting:

You are dead on, one side was cyber bullied far more than the other…yet the other side whined about it more and got it take away…..then whined about it even more. 

It’s today’s culture we live in, Vladimir Putin is active on Twitter to this day…..but Trump has to be cancelled. 😂

Politics as usual. 
Very :goodposting:

I'm not backing up a teammate because I don't even know who you're talking about.  Jeez you're clearly making this a sides thing like you do everything else.  I'll stop responding about your whining regarding the emojis.  You do you.

And I'm not disrespecting the wishes of the owner so don't try to spin that nonsense.  How about you not try to be the judge of someone else's use of an emoji?
As always, the commitment to the shtick around here is commendable.  I didn't say you were disrespecting the owner's wishes (on that front anyway).   We both do the other thing he'd rather not see, as do many of us from time to time. 

Have a good weekend, RW. 

As always, the commitment to the shtick around here is commendable.  I didn't say you were disrespecting the owner's wishes (on that front anyway).   We both do the other thing he'd rather not see, as do many of us from time to time. 

Have a good weekend, RW. 
What are you talking about?  Please indulge us on who was laughing at family members having Covid.  

I was glad to see that emoji go as it was not unusual to have 2-3 laughing emojis on seemingly every one of my serious posts in this forum, with the only intent being to ridicule me. I expect to see that again, but as before, there is nothing I will be able to do about it.

I was glad to see that emoji go as it was not unusual to have 2-3 laughing emojis on seemingly every one of my serious posts in this forum, with the only intent being to ridicule me. I expect to see that again, but as before, there is nothing I will be able to do about it.

Please report it if you see people using the emoji to laugh AT other people. 

Please report it if you see people using the emoji to laugh AT other people. 

I have not reported anyone in over two years, because I was giving a specific written warning by a mod to stop wasting the mods' time reporting people. I really don't want to deal with another suspension, thank you.

And the problem with the laughing emoji is that it can be ambiguous, how can one prove exactly what someone is laughing at? And I have had people criticize me for simply using a "like" on a post and ascribing an opinion or viewpoint to me that was not my intent. 

To be fair we did note who was abusing the crying emoji (same person who abused the laughing emoji) but that's apparently AOK for that person.

Cited a specific thread with multiple examples on just one page. 
"but, but... who are you to play board cop and presume what the use of that emoji means??!!  ;)  

To be fair we did note who was abusing the crying emoji (same person who abused the laughing emoji) but that's apparently AOK for that person.

Jeez, what emoji is acceptable for you not to be triggered?  I have no idea why Dozer would be using the crying emoji on you but he used to wear the hell out of the laughing emoji.  But I don't really care it's a damn emoji

We see a tiny fraction of the board. No idea about "AOK". Please report it if you see people using the emoji to laugh AT other people. 

I have not reported anyone in over two years, because I was giving a specific written warning by a mod to stop wasting the mods' time reporting people. I really don't want to deal with another suspension, thank you.

And the problem with the laughing emoji is that it can be ambiguous, how can one prove exactly what someone is laughing at? And I have had people criticize me for simply using a "like" on a post and ascribing an opinion or viewpoint to me that was not my intent. 

Please report it if you see people using the emoji to laugh AT other people. If you don't report it, it's unlikely a moderator will see it among the thousands of posts each day. 

Please report it if you see people using the emoji to laugh AT other people. If you don't report it, it's unlikely a moderator will see it among the thousands of posts each day. 

Other people. Well, that tells me everything I need to know on this subject. Thanks.

:confused:   What exactly does that tell you?

It tells me exactly where I stand. That, like before, people can leave multiple laughing emojis on my posts and there is nothing I can do about it. My only hope is that "other people" report it to the mods, which I am skeptical will happen (although I hope I am wrong). 

It tells me exactly where I stand. That, like before, people can leave multiple laughing emojis on my posts and there is nothing I can do about it. 

:confused:   Where you stand? I'm telling you to report it if someone uses the laughing emoji on your posts to laugh at you. That's as clear as we can make it. 

Users who are viewing this thread