What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson injury thread (2 Viewers)

Eagles def is going to destroy them
Lord help me, but I just picked up Cassel to start for me in a semifinal game. NO running game, at home, gonna be trailing, weapons on the outside and facing the 29th-ranked pass defense. It's the very definition of lightning in a bottle.

Full disclosure: my only other options were Rodgers (OUT), Flynn (sucks) or Cousins (dysfunctional team), so it's not like I'm sitting Brees.
Honestly, it would have been a toss up between Flynn and Cassel for me. I can see why Cassel because their at home but Dallas defense is barely hanging on while Philly Defense has improved dramatically.

I don't want to derail the topic any further, but Flynn is really bad and you'd think the Dallas defense will show some pride at some point.

I don't want to derail the topic any further, but Flynn is really bad and you'd think the Dallas defense will show some pride at some point.
It's not about pride. It's about lack of talent. They are so injured on the d line that they've brought in 2 journeyman and started them all year. Their middle LB Sean Lee is out and their secondary was subpar at best to begin with now has a dude they signed 2 weeks ago starting at CB.

Sorry for the derail as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerhart is no sure thing to play either.

Held this guy in dynasty for years waiting for his chance. Last time ADP was injured in last game of season, this time Gerhart hurt too.

Handcuffing is not a viable strategy.

I got lucky with Reece last week but don't think I've got the stones to start Asiata. Here's hoping this turns into a WDIS thread so I can get a better idea what others are doing

Luckily I've had Le'Veon Bell riding my bench the whole season just for this purpose. Obviously he's no AP, but in a PPR league he's not a huge drop off.

This is good news. Hopefully he will be back strong next week. Most league Super Bowls.
He'll be back next year.
How do you know they are shutting him down?
Just a guess. Sheer stupidity to bring him back for two meaningless games.
Why?

This coaching staff is likely on the way out the door and will do anything to stay.(see josh freeman) Adrian is a gamer, he wants to play and he wants to win.

If he's able, Adrian will play next week. No lame duck coach is keeping him out and the man lives to play.

This is good news. Hopefully he will be back strong next week. Most league Super Bowls.
He'll be back next year.
Why?

This coaching staff is likely on the way out the door and will do anything to stay.(see josh freeman) Adrian is a gamer, he wants to play and he wants to win.
The coaching staff was also lying about him being "questionable", so we can only rely on the beat reporters. The team knew by at least last night that he wasn't going to play, so his injury is worse than what they listed.

Raider Nation said:
Well, here is our first clue.

Vikings RB Joe Banyard has been signed off practice squad.

Which almost certainly means that they've already ruled out either Peterson or Gerhart, if not both of them.
:bow: Both Out. Nice job RN!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eminence said:
Raider Nation said:
NREC34 said:
Raider Nation said:
He'll be back next year.
What if he's close to escalators in his contract or something stupid? Seems like the kind of guy who likes playing.
griff321 said:
Raider Nation said:
NREC34 said:
Raider Nation said:
He'll be back next year.
Why?

Liking to play and being a gamer is very admirable, but he's not the coach.

@murphPPress: Adrian Peterson "I was ready to roll. The decision was taken out of my hands."

I think the best thing that could have happened for ADP was McCoy only getting 38 yds vs Minn. ADP is only 122 yards behind McCoy for the rushing title. McCoy has an easier road to get there, but this is a very good reason ADP will want to keep playing this season.

NFL egos. ADP should be shutdown for the season. There is no point of having him play the remaining pointless games, honestly.

Rushing title is within reach. No way AP sits. I'm sure he has some contract milestones he could reach. If he's healthy enough to play, he'll play.

Users who are viewing this thread