What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

adrian peterson (1 Viewer)

einstein2u

Footballguy
he is your typical power runner....he carries folks. bush is getting overhype....he might be a better version of the 'rocket'

I like Peterson too but there are 4-5 other RBs that will be taken ahead of him. If Peterson drops to a team like New England, maybe he could have a shot a bettering Bush's numbers playing for a scrub team like Houston or San Fran in year one but Bush is clearly the much better long term prospect.

I like Peterson too but there are 4-5 other RBs that will be taken ahead of him. If Peterson drops to a team like New England, maybe he could have a shot a bettering Bush's numbers playing for a scrub team like Houston or San Fran in year one but Bush is clearly the much better long term prospect.
4 or 5 better backs in college next year ??? :no: Peterson will probably be in the 2007 draft, not this years draft.Depending on his teams improvement I could see Peterson staying the entire 4 years if OK shows a chance for a national title....not likely though

Not too many top RB's that in college now that are better NFL prospects than Peterson.

he is your typical power runner....he carries folks. bush is getting overhype....he might be a better version of the 'rocket'
Is this a sincerely held belief, or are you :fishing: ? It would be nice to see some stats, comparisons to other RBs of similar build or in a similar college situation. Right now, all you're expressing is an opinion with nothing to back it up.

I'm not doubting you; just give me something more to go on than "bush is getting overhype " (sic).

:popcorn:

They are different type of players. If you prefer a classic power runner then you are right. If you want a guy to spread around in different formations and to create mismatches then Bush is your man.

A Pete is awesome. It would not surprise me at all if he has a more productive career than Bush.I was going to say Bush has more upside, but not sure that is right either. Bush is more "dynamic" with Gale Sayers upside, but A Pete would have upside that is close to other backs in the top 5-10 overall.Now, chances are neither makes it there, but I personally think A Pete has a better chance to be very good but not as good a chance to be great while Bush has a better chance to be great but has more potential to disappoint.

He better learn how to hold on to the football. He had at least 3 fumbles or near fumbles all of which were of product of improper ball-handling skills.

I think Bush is really impressive but he seems a little small. I am not saying he isn't going to be a good NFL player but everyone is getting a little out of hand with the hype. I guess we will have to wait and see.AP is awesome though. The guy will be a star in the NFL. He isn't getting much hype this year because the Sooners didn't live up to expectations but he will be the man next year...unfortunately for my Longhorns. He was also having a few injury issues this season as well.

Users who are viewing this thread