What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Advice on Commish: Par for the course or get out now? (1 Viewer)

jeaton6

Footballguy
Last Year was first year in this dyno and unfortunately this league is mostly commish and his friends with a few others that know none of them. 

Here is everything that has happened:

1) Year 1 Commish did not collect fees upfront for picks being traded. A team left and league was forced to give 1.13 to incent someone to take over Team. His response was just oops my bad.

2) Commish made exceptions for his friends to pay late in year 2 thus we lost early bird special and $20 out of pot. This was never communicated or agreed to come out of league payouts. Should this be out of commish’ pocket?

3) During off-season before draft commish updates bylaws without telling anyone including a clause that you must cut players to make room for any draft picks you have before the draft. If you do not then you lose any extra draft picks. 

4) Commish did Leaguesafe as Commish control of payouts. He was called out to change this but one person paid and he claimed LS told him they couldn’t do anything about it. I believe this is BS and he was just being lazy or worse.

5) Commish said he would enforce future pick payments this year. He said he would send out the bill mid June, he didn’t. Then he pushed it to before the first pre-season game. He has been asked if he did this in and he hasn’t yet responded. Assumption is the answer is again no.

6) Commish didn’t lock players after games played in week 1. Some people picked up players before waivers ran. He was called out for this and the moves were reversed. He was asked to make sure the players locked correctly going forward. Before week 3 this was done again. The commish picked up Fitzpatrick before B.B. waivers ran for free, started him and won as a result of having him in his lineup (otherwise he loses). He was asked on Monday why he picked him up illegally? His initial response was he did not. He then was provided with screenshot evidence that he did. Again response is my bad but not my fault the site had a glitch (yeah right) and he dropped Fitzpatrick. The guy who is his buddy either doesn’t know he lost as a result of this or doesn’t care.

None of his buddies are saying anything and in most of these cases they are defending him saying “hey we have played with him for years and we can trust him”. Maybe so but I don’t know any of these guys.

Those of us that aren’t his friends have been the ones to raise these issues but falling mostly on deaf ears. Are we over-reacting or are the continual mishaps unacceptable behavior as a commissioner? 

Looking for insights and perspectives on commish issues and anything others have come across in their leagues. Not lineup or drafting advice of players. Thanks though.

Your particular contributions are always worth so much more than you can ever know.

The  right thing to do is get out.

Reason - The long and short of it is, there are just "too many" questionable things going on, and to be perfectly honest even if the rest of the season goes along smoothly, you will STILL have a bitter taste in your mouth about said issues.

If you hang around, and other issues arise down the road (even next year), you will be kicking yourself saying "I told myself so" and you didn't act.

Wouldn't you just rather excuse yourself from any and all borderline bad commish issues? Drop the league, cut it altogether or sell your team at a discounted rate and be done with it. You will sleep better at night. Chances are if all this has bothered you to such an extent that you felt inclined to actually post, then its on your mind more than you may be willing to even admit.

There's plenty of leagues around my friend, you just have to look for them or seek them out.

TZM

Looking for insights and perspectives on commish issues and anything others have come across in their leagues. Not lineup or drafting advice of players. Thanks though.

Your particular contributions are always worth so much more than you can ever know.
Try linking up with lone star. He could probably help you out here.

If you are bothered by all of these things then get out.  If it isn't really a big deal and you like the league stay in.  This is just for fun (for the most part) so if things like this take away the fun then there is no reason to put yourself through it. 

I can't say if these would be a huge issue for me because I am not in it.  They seem fishy but most of the items surround the money aspect of things.  It's a pain to collect and deal with money.  I have issues with that as a commish all the time. Its the worst part of being a commish by far.  The items around waiver wire and pickups that's totally different and would probably push me over the edge especially since it seems so fishy without any good explanation. 

Bottom line is if these things are taking away from your enjoyment it's not worth it to continue.  Tell the league you are done and will finish out the year.  Then it's their issue. 

Users who are viewing this thread